- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Prologue and

Chapter 1  Employment Opportunities

Brobnagnia



Prologue



Brobnagnia, that’s the name the Giants had renamed planet Earth around two hundred years ago...

It had all started with that fateful journal that Lemuel Gulliver had reported in a first hand account.

Sure his contemporaries were told that he was stark raving mad.. He was even committed to an insane asylum for good measure. And as far as the townsfolk of London were concerned, that was the end of the matter.

But behind the scenes other clever machinations were afoot.

The British Secret Service confiscated the controversial journal and studied it’s material and maps carefully. They were rather detailed after all.

Soon, clandestine ships on reconnaissance set out with Britain’s finest trained soldiers to see if the accounts were true. The British Empire was the wealthiest and boasted the finest navy on the planet so such diversions could be managed without straining the treasury to deleteriously.

The King of England was to learn that Lilliputians and Blefuscians were indeed real, with his imperial navy having captured several of them as evidence.

They also told tales a massive Giants living on the island of Brobdingnag on a technological level par to England’s own. No more than three score miles away from Lilliput itself.

Soon, despite his majesty’s most ardent attempts to keep the cork on the bottle, handfuls of tiny people were being sold on the black market to interested citizens supplied by poorly waged yeomen looking to get ahead for once in their miserable lives .. The Lilliputians made the most delightful pets the English folks were to come to realize. Word however, quickly spread. It was determined that the adorable tiny people stood just three inches in height.

A whole craze that got out of control ensued with poachers making unauthorized sallies into Lilliput and Blefusca proper in order to make a quick pound on the black market which was to evolve into the open market near the final days before the invasion happened.

Invasion you say?

Yes, curious adventurers set out for Brobdingnag too.. To get a view of the vast beings or even perhaps take back some sort of oversized souvenir. Gold coins belonging to the Giants being a lusted after acquisition due to the very size of them!

It wasn’t long before some of these thrill seekers and profiteers were captured themselves by the local one hundered and thirty feet tall Brobnagnians. To the extent that new ideas began to make the rounds of the royal halls and Giants alike...


The Queen, as was the royal family of Brobdingnag at the time embattled and in it’s darkest hour, losing popular support by the day.

Brobdingnag was experiencing famine, poverty, and hunger due to the overpopulation of the island.

A reactionary rival group to the royal house emerged that was of the firm opinion that the time of isolation was at an end.. Brobdingnag could no longer feed her populous and expansion for new food and resources had become essential to their very survival. A “Manifest Destiny!” was well in order they claimed.

After all.. Were not the English sailing the seas on a routine bases and invading their lands as the reactionary newspapers had declared?

Should they not show the world a dose of its own medicine if not for revenge, perhaps for self preservation alone?

With the mounting pressures of this new expansionist party the gentle and good natured Queen finally had to relent.. If not to save the very throne and power in which her family had wielded for centuries.

And so it began.

Massive ships were built with the remaining trees that had not yet been felled. Strong and fit men and women volunteered to become the new colonists for Brobdingnag. Starving families with no other choice added their names to the outbound seafaring rosters..

The plan worked beautifully too.

The English along with Europe and then the world was swiftly overtaken by the desperate Giants.

Armies were trampled flat and prisoners were added to their diet.. Yes, humans as it turned out to the starving Giants didn’t taste half bad should the proper herbs and spices be thrown in to a boiling pot or a eager mouth.

The Queen who was at first very compassionate and against such aggressive measures conducted by her own peoples was soon shown the wisdom of the reactionary party’s ways... Their treasures and food stores multiplied overnight!.

Her families prestige was soon restored too.. The media companies praised her wisdom in their ink presses on a daily basis now declaring that she had single handedly saved their great nation.

Many Englishmen as all humans were referred to by them, were pressed into service for the Giants too. Making excellent house cleaners and care takers to clocks, milling machinery, or other tasks that the Giants deemed too monotonous.. Englishmen made excellent spies should they be pressed into such intelligence finding services the royal house was to learn too.

The islands of Lilliput and Blefuscu did not escape the expansionist policies either.. With the practice of making Englishmen pets already out of the bag, it was a seamless development to turn whole Lilliputian villages into mantle pieces or ornaments... Many children made projects of creating new habitations for the unfortunate near micro sized people and enjoyed endless hours of entertainment watching them build houses in controlled environments...

Yes, these were the great shining days of Brobdingnag... When the dust had cleared the sun would never set on their mighty empire again.

We now join a world two hundred years later that technologically resembles Victorian era England. A industrialized world powered by steam rather than oil. Great strides have been made in the emancipation of women and their tolerated virtues. In fact, a genuine matriarchy has developed due to the continual edicts of the Ruling elite and their love of a depeche mode in radical thought and behavior spurned on by great reactionary thinkers following the lead of the bold who dared to sale the seas to make them the proud Giants that they are today. Massive zeppelins can be seen across the smoky coal choked skylines. Strange steam roller vehicles that meander to and fro chocking the thoroughfares with gridlock traffic. Tesla coils delivering free energy to the houses of the elite.  Even their own version of computers made of gears, pistons, and rods tabulate and crunch possibilities with amazing speed.. These Difference Engines as they are called have linked the world in advanced communications and many other services too truth be known.  
 
Englishmen have been given second class status too. Their only true achievement in the last couple of centuries.. Their rights being granted to them by the Giants themselves who had dreamed up the benevolent gesture.. True, a Giant could not be prosecuted for harming or terminating a Englishman’s life. But a matter of property re-compensation could be granted to the afflicted owner or employer of the now deceased little person. Englishmen could hold jobs at times and be expected to be paid a minimum wage. There were even schools for them now. Yet they could still be owned and vastly are for the most part kept in the servile capacity.. Through infrastructures accommodating their little lives they were now popping up in the larger cities in the interests to cut down on fatalities and keep this new workforce somewhat intact.

The Brobnagnian government had felt granting such liberties to the Littles (as they are now referred to as) could only enrich their society, as trained and educated Littles could do jobs that the Giants now literally deemed to be beneath them.

As for the Liliputians and Blefuscans? The Tinies were relegated to 3rd class equivalency, giving them only pet status, their plight always remaining in doubt. Many times being viewed of as mere insects to the Giants or worse, a food source.

We now join some of the daily lives of those who must traverse this world of budding idealism smeared upon the greasy gears and noisy pistons that keep it running.




Chapter 1 Employment Opportunities

Ding.

Karen nervously pressed the access bell to the massive structure once again. This time the Littles entry door lock unlatched and she was able to enter the establishment.

There was a massive wooden desk directly ahead with a Giant Secretary texting to her polished brass metal wireless phone tabulator not paying her one bit of attention.

Karen briskly walked ahead and called out with her personal bullhorn as it was a matter of safety and communicative expediency for a Little to own one.

“Ma’am I’m here to apply for the Exterminator Assistant position.”

“Goddess Damned it.” Karen herd from overhead. Then felt a thumping sound.

Two bare tan stockinged feet bigger than a steam-car rounded the desk as the secretary/receptionist finished typing her text upon the brass keys into her phone tabulator that more resembled a miniature type-writer than a modern day cell phone . Straight highlighted blonde hair in bowl cut surrounded a dark pair of reading glasses bespeckled upon a gorgeous face. She was dressed as you’d expect a high end secretary to be. Light colors complimenting her clear complexion finished her appearance.

Looking along the floor her eyes found her.. Then with a huff she hurried over and reached for the tiny lady. Karen cringed as the crane sized hand shot down from the sky and compacted her, then lifted the little lady up into the sky.

“I see... I’m going to take you over to my desk where the application is.” She nonchalantly spoke already on her way back to her seat.

Karen was unceremoniously dumped onto the ladies table top calendar, her bullhorn bouncing along with her on the thick papers that comprised the date keeping pad as wide as a tennis court. Attempting to straighten her blouse a paper application released from the secretary’s fingertips fell from the sky and landed around ten feet away from her.

As she was hurrying over to collect it the lady absently called out to her.

“This is your application, I hope you brought a pen because one of the last Little losers ran off with my last one. I can barely see the damned things anyway.”

Karen looked up to see her furiously typing again. Already toning the Little out of her world. Her face brightening when a small piece of paper printed out of the phone-tabulator giving her some data that she had gleaned from the World Wide Telegraph.

With nothing else to use she sat down on her rump and removed her ink pen with the bulbous square glass ink cartridge screwed on and attached to the far end of after having removed it  from her blazer and began filling out the information. The calendar paper below her slacks was cold she uncomfortably realized. But at least the room they were in was heated... She noticed a free energy device sitting at the base of the fireplace where the coal would have once gone. Copper pipes extending up through the flue and branching out to the heating and lighting system no doubt.

She was at once envious... All she could afford was the ever increasing in price black nuggets that had been so over mined in the past two centuries that bigger and better drills were always having to be designed which Little engineers had taken a cutting edge in doing she proudly recalled.


Some of the questions typed with the beautiful embossed fonts on the application personalized by the massive lady sitting in front of her no doublt went like this however...

Check Yes or No for any of the following:

1. Are you morally opposed to helping Giants capture or terminate Littles or Tinies?
2. Have you ever been a member of any counter revolutionary party?
3. Do you think that owning Littles is wrong?
4. Do you think that collecting Tinies so that they may be appropriated is wrong?
5. Do you feel that you are an equal to a Giant in any way shape or form?
6. If a Giant tells you to do something, do you ever hesitate to do it?
7. Have you ever disobeyed a command given to you by a Giant?
8. Do you feel that Tinies are equals to Giants?
9. Do you always show up to work on time and work as many hours as needed.?
10. When a Giant walks towards you..Do you ever continue to stand in their way?
11. Do you mind it when a hungry Giant eats a Little or several thousand Tinies?
12. Do you mind it when a Giant steps or sits on a Little?

There were about twenty more questions like this.. Karen quickly deduced that the answers had probably all better be marked in the “No” box if she wanted this job.

In fact, just about all applications looked a lot like this one, save the personalized fonts that this one enjoyed, while she was out job hunting for the past week.

It was only after spotting the “Little position available” when she was eating lunch across the street that she found out about this one. In fact, it wasn’t even listed in the Lorbrulgrud Herald that morning.

Karen diligently finished the application in any event and stood up. She thought about using her bullhorn but second guessed it due to the close proximity of the secretary now. She didn’t want to seem rude knowing the dangerous temperaments that Giants were proven to have.

“Ma’am I’ve finished it.” Karen hopefully called up.

The secretary huffed and sat her expensive polished brass phone-tabulator down. The weight of it causing vibrations through Karen’s pumps. Her tree trunk sized finger tips raced down to her and rudely pulled the application out of her hand.

The massive lady took out a monocle glass, strapped it to her head while adjusting it to line up and adhere to her right eye began reading it.. She nodded when she noticed that all the checked boxes were on the correct side of the page.

“We’ll call you if we need you little lady.” She flatly and emotionlessly said.

Karen nodded and then put her arms out in the traditional receiving posture when a Little knew that they were about to be picked up.

The secretary just smirked at the tiny ladies presumptuous nature and then pointed to the far side of her desk. “Uh, uh, little kitten, use the staircase at the other end.. I only picked you up because I didn’t want to wait all day for you to use it the first time.. But now that I have what I need from you I don’t need to wait on you now do I ?” Said in a tone of voice reserved for a two year old.

Karen’s eyes followed the direction of the pointing digit as she saw the winding staircase at the far right end that she hadn’t even noticed before. She nodded her agreement with the massive lady and began slowly walking her 2. 96 inches of height towards the golden colored spiral staircase.

About half way across the table she heard a commotion behind her. It was simply a exterminator greeting the secretary on her way out the door for work she gathered so turned back around and kept walking.



Carol approached the pretty yet snobby receptionist.
“So any good leads on another one?”
“About twenty men so far. One’s as good as the next.” Shrugged the receptionist.

“But I need one now Cindy?”
“Hey, I didn’t step on the last one now did I?”
“He flipped me the bird and said that he was going to quit! That he wasn’t going to help me kill anymore Tinies and even warn them about me ahead of time.. What else should I have done?”
“Don’t sell me a dog Carol! Oh what do I care? I couldn’t give one solitary barzoondox that you flattened him.
I’m not lying about the reason Cindy he truly said those things to me. But aside from that we’ll lose the contract with the Anderson family if I can’t get rid of their infestation today. What about that little runt walking across your desk?”
“Oh her? Let me see.”

Karen’s view suddenly became a wall of flesh that collapsed around her body lifting her up and away once more. Warm flesh mixed with the odor of hand lotion was her world now when suddenly the flesh cave uncurled and she found herself looking up at a massive round monocle with the receptionist’s distorted eye peering at her through it.

“Hey. On second look, she’s kinda cute with those long adorable red curls of hers. She might do. She looks pretty young and physically fit too! Actually she’s the jammiest bits of jam now that I look closely at her.

Karen was disorientated ... What was happening now? Then her world lurched.

“Wanna see?” asked the suddenly animated receptionist.

Dumping the Little from her hand to the awaiting palm of the exterminator’s.

Carol’s hand quickly closed securing the tiny lady. Then opened again so that she could examine the Little spread out in her palm with her own personal magnifying glass.

Her index finger unashamedly fondling her breasts and then moving over to her face pushing her head to the left and the right as she continued her examination.

Her fingers then squeezed her arms and calves experimentally. Her legs were spread apart as the finger groped her inner thighs as well.

“Yep, she’s fit as a fiddle and capable too. Got some cute breasts on her to complete the package” Said the exterminator as the two Giantesses giggled.

Karen was on her back being manipulated like a puppet by the massive lady in the green utility suit who had short above the shoulders cropped grey hair. The exterminator no doubt. She looked to be in her mid fifties with a face that was beginning to show the signs of aging to a minor extent. The big blue eyes continued to drink her in as her fingers tested her body for durability. Pushing her around the palm this way and that.

“Would you like a job little love muffin?”

Karen looked for her bullhorn but realized it was on the table where she dropped it. Her rent was coming due and this would really save her neck... She screamed up to the goddess who literally held her life in her hands now.

“Yes I would Ma’am.”

“You’ll have to start right away.. As in now!”
Karen looked down at her cloths with more wrinkles from being so roughly handled than she cared to contemplate.. She was hardly dressed for a work day.

“But what about my cloths? I’m hardly presentable.”

“Cindy. Remember Ralph’s work suit?”
“Sure, I had it dry-cleaned in order to get all of the blood out of it. Of course I remember, dear boss.”
He was about the same size as her. Carol said with a thoughtful expression on her face.
Could you be a dear and retrieve it for me?”

“Sure thing Carol.. I’ll even get some Littles boots.. They should fit too and she’ll look cute in them..”

Both ladies snickered again.

Carol’s attention returning to the tiny lady in her hand.

“No more excuses left now huh?” We pay a full Quid per week and I’m prepared to give you one Crown and a Florin sign on bonus, sound good?”

Karen’s eyes lit up.. “Seven Shillings!!” That was seven times the amount that she was making at the food processing plant that she had recently quit due to her manager’s constant groping of her beautifully shaped behind.

A smile bedecked her pretty face which made Carol’s heart melt. Over her shoulder Cindy peered and held out the outfit squeezed between her fingers. Dropping it, Karen caught it for the most part as it fell over her head.

“I’m going to put you away and explain your job duties on the way to the site sugar. But we’ve got to go now.. We’re running kind of late. You can change in my pocket.”

Karen was still looking over the green overalls as she was unceremoniously dropped into Carol’s front waist pocket.

The denim carpet-burning her arms on the way to the dark bottom. Landing with a painful jolt she noticed that one of the heels on her pump had snapped in half due to the callous treatment.. She didn’t have long to lament this as a couple of clog hopper boots landed around her like projectiles. Barely missing her head and shoulders which might have knocked her right out should their trajectories been a little more true.

“Almost forgot your little booties dear.. I’ll pull you out in just a bit once we’re rolling and we’ll talk more!” A happy Giantess declared as Karen felt movement all around her when the mountain sized thighs began to move and churn taking their owner to some important destination.

Chapter End Notes: