- Text Size +

"Now we have lost both Gemini and Cancer!" Aquarius yelled. "Your cause for concern has been noted" Ares said. "Do not downplay it Ares. The survival of our plan has become tenuous" Libra said. "Then it is up to me to preserve it" a figure said stepping out of the shadows. "Virgo. We weren’t expecting you until later" Ares said. "Circumstances forced my hand. I will deal with Keith and Susan Durmont myself" she said before disappearing. There was silence. "She creeps me out" Aquarius said. "If you lived as long as she has, you'd be odd too" Libra said. "You take up for her because she's kin to you" Aquarius said. "I merely point out facts. Like the fact you're only on this council because you murdered your sister and that left you the only one to control your artifact" Libra said coldly. "Enough both of you. None of us are blameless in what we have become. Nobody is wholly innocent and that is why Virgo is perfect for this job" Ares said.

 

The woman sighed as she looked upon the shrunken teenager before her. "I was called away for a second. Now I'm back I can finish my work" she said. "Please...let me go" the young man whined. "There's nothing to be afraid of. You'll be pure...for eternity" she said picking up her artifact... 

 

"Please. We haven't heard from her in months" a borrower woman begged standing on his desk. "I assure you I'll look into the matter" Keith said. "She's all I have left. My husband died protecting...I'm sorry. I didn't mean..."

 

"I understand. I'm a parent myself. I can only imagine what you're going through" Keith said softly. "Anything. Even if she's...dead I want to know. My baby..." the woman said before sobbing. "You can't think that. There could be a bunch of reasons she hasn't called you. What you need to do is go home and rest. Worrying yourself sick won't help anyone" Keith said. The woman slightly nodded. He picked her up, kissed her little head and placed her on his floor. Susan had been standing in the doorway the whole time and watched the woman walk between her feet and down the hallway. "What was that about?" she asked. "Her 15-year-old daughter hasn't called her in a month. She thinks something happened to her" he replied. "Well, things do happen" Susan said. "It's the circumstances that worries me. That's the 9th borrower to suddenly up and disappear like that in three months" he said. "Keith. You do know humans can kill us and... well they can just eat us and not leave a trace" she said.

 

"Every disappearance connects to the same thing. The Church of the Small Order" he said. "The what now?" she asked. "A new fringe church the sprang up shortly after borrowers got rights. The congregation is mostly for borrowers. They recruit to spread the word of God to borrowers now that the law says they aren't pets or food. Hypocritical if you ask me" he said. "But you think they got something to do with it" she said. "Every disappearance coincides with two things. One the church and two those that disappeared are in their teens" he replied. "Then can't we call the police?" Susan asked. "No evidence of a crime. No phone calls aren’t exactly probable cause. Not to mention the police has a bias about solving crimes involving borrower victims" he replied. He began typing on his laptop. "Take a look at this" he said. Susan plopped on his lap. 

 

"This is uh...the person who runs the church" he said. "She's a woman? I thought women couldn't be priests" Susan said. "Not with the Vatican. Technically, they are priests in name but not authority. She seems to be with the Anglican Church*" he replied shifting in his chair. "Am I too heavy?" she asked. "No. You're umm...waking up mister happy" Keith said. Susan blushed as her butt felt his erection. "Are you using a different shampoo or soap?" he asked. "Nope" she replied. "You smell different. Very...*sniff sniff* different" he said. "Keith. The woman" she said. "Woman? Oh the woman" he said clearing his throat.

 

(Authors note: Doing the first bit of research here, I found out there ARE women Catholic priests. However, they're called deputies and have very little power. They can preach, collect tithes, and hear confession but that's about it. The Anglican Church is a different matter. There aren't many, like 32 I could find, but they have full authority)

 

"Yes. Mother Catherine Bloom. Age 24. Birthplace is Lancaster England. Unmarried. Ordained in 2017. Mother is of Greek descent. Father unknown" he said. "Unknown?" Susan asked. "The article doesn't elaborate. Says here she's a respected sculptor and sells her work to fund her church. She's a devout Christian who preaches chastity as the path to God" he replied. "And she specializes in preaching to borrowers" Susan said. "Because nobody else was according to her" Keith said. "Keith. Enlarge that picture of her" Susan said. Keith clicked on it. "Look at her right hand" she said. Keith squinted. "I'll be damned. A ZODIAC ring. Which one though?" he asked. "What's her birthdate?" Susan asked. "August 26, 1995" he replied. "Virgo. Her sign is Virgo" Susan said. "Whatever they have planned we have to stop it" Susan said hopping off his lap. "Slow down there. They know exactly what we look like and I don't trust a glamor to hide you. We send in Briar Patch" he said. "If she's keeping borrowers against their will then she has a shitload of hostages. We don't even know what she's capable of" Susan said.

 

"I'm not sending you in there" Keith said sternly. "Is this because we fucked?" she asked quietly. "Agent Durmont...you are dismissed and confined to the estate until further notice" Keith snapped. Susan grit her teeth and slammed his door almost breaking it. "Trust me baby it won't get weird...well it got weird. Way to go Keith" he muttered.

 

A few hours later...

 

"Thanks for coming to see me on short notice Ruth" Keith said. "Not a problem Keith. What's the problem?" the borrower psychiatrist asked. "Susan is the problem. I think I made a mistake" he said. "How so?" the small woman asked sitting on his coffee table. "Well, she's in a rough spot in her life and I took special care about that. And last week...we had sex. Not full penetration though. You know the uhh...size difference kind" he said. "Did she complain? Said it was a mistake?" she asked slipping her heels off. "No" he replied. "So why do you think so?" she asked. "I always have issues sending agents out on dangerous missions but it's worse with Susan" he replied. "Keith. It's natural to get attached to someone though sex or simply intimacy. And yes, our instincts say to keep them safe, but you must understand she's a woman who takes pride in her work" the woman said rubbing her feet.

 

"And I belittled that" he said. "Yeah you did. Jesus, how do humans wear these things?" she asked for rubbing her tiny soles. "Didn't mean to. I lost my family as a kid. Losing someone else I love puts me in a panic" he muttered. "What you're describing is classic PTSD. All you've been through I can imagine your fears" she said. Keith remained quiet. Ruth stood up. "I should apologize shouldn't I?" Keith asked. "I'd say so" she replied. "You give great advice and you're pretty. Why aren't you married?" he asked. "Looks like we ran out of time today. Shall we continue next week?" she asked suddenly. "...sure doc" he chuckled. He placed the small woman on the floor and watched her leave. "Why isn't she married? She's sexy as fuck" he thought.

 

"Susan? Can we talk?" Keith asked on a link. No answer. "Okay you're still mad. I just want to say I'm sorry. Susan?" he asked. Again, no response. "Out of range?" he wondered. He used clairvoyance to look for her. "You got to be shitting me!" he yelled not finding a trace of her aura anywhere. He rushed down to the garage to find the Range Rover missing. "Rose is still in class so that explains the Jag" he muttered as he pulled up the security app for the cars. "I fucking knew it" he hissed seeing the Rover in Lancaster. "If I intervene, I blow her cover" he thought as he went down to the armory. "What did Durmont take?" Keith asked. "Only what you told her sir" the woman replied. "I never gave authorization! What did she take?!" he yelled. " A high caliber glamor charm and S class magic cloaking suit...sir" she replied nervous. Keith angrily left her and stood outside. "At least she had the sense to take the suit" he said. The cloaking suit was a one-piece suit that had very fine iron strands woven into it. The cold iron could obscure clairvoyance depending on the caster. However, it was not as resilient and combat effective as the Kevlar combat suit equipped with an impact absorbing gel. Susan had sacrificed fighting mobility and impact protection for stealth.

 

She parked on the far side of town and called a taxi. "Right here sir!" Susan shouted sitting on a bench in her natural size. "Barely saw you there miss. Where to?" the driver said placing her in his cup holder. The Church of the Small Order" she replied. The taxi turned onto the old main road and began heading in that direction. "Something the matter?" she asked seeing him glance down again and again. "Just never seen a borrower your complexion. You must be rare" he said. Susan has forgotten that she used the glamor to appear African American. "Well there aren't many of us that's true" she said. "From America?" he asked. "Georgia" she replied. "Peaches. Lots of peaches down there I hear" he chuckled. "We got more than that. Sweet tea and the Atlanta Braves" she chuckled back. "Hold on" he said using his hand to gently cup around her upper body as he hit a rough patch of road.

 

 

"Sorry there. Didn't mean to spook you. Seeing you're wary of men and all" he said. "Why would...oh. Yeah..." she replied remembering where she was going. Although, the details of the church were still lacking. "Not the first to go there?" she asked him. You mean me taking borrowers? No. Most of there for sanctuary and to find a place in this big world of ours. Good for them. Always said your kind has souls" he said making another turn. "Sounds like you have a high ideal for the church" she said. Mother Bloom shelters wounded souls especially tiny ones. Shows them there's more to life than being bred. Last month I took this girl the same age as my teenage daughter there when she refused to bear the child of her brother. Family disowned her poor thing. Mother Bloom took her right in" he said. "She sounds nice. I'm going there for similar reasons" Susan said. He hit the main back road leading to the church.  

 

"That’s a beautiful figurine on your dash" Susan said admiring the 3-inch-tall ceramic angel figurine. "Thanks. A gift from Mother Bloom. My daughter went missing 3 months ago and when Mother Bloom found out she gave me this. Said this angel would look after me and ease my suffering" he replied. Susan stared at the figurine. The wings so lifelike it seems it would flutter away. The face expressive with its smile and perfect eyes. Astounding details so fine Susan could make out its toenails. "Well here we are" he said picking her up. As they for out, Susan glanced at the figurine once more. "Huh?" she wondered as the eyes were glancing slightly aside. "Must be my imagination" she mused.   

 

"Another one for the flock. The man said handing Susan to a young woman. Thank you Brother Rubens" she said. "Wait! I still owe you for the ride" Susan said. "Free of charge. Just doing my part for the Lord" he said smiling as he got into his car. Come sister. Welcome to the Church" the young woman said to her. The church was located on an old farm that was converted.  The barn was the congregation where services were held. The greenhouses sheltered borrowers. "You are very unique" the woman said. "Yeah I get that a lot" Susan said. "Well don't worry. Nobody here will pressure you to bear children" she said entering the guest house. She placed Susan on the floor near her sandaled feet. "Please go through that door there" she said. Susan was wary but she did. "Hello. You must be a new arrival. Please strip off your clothing" an older woman with glasses asked.

 

Susan saw it was some kind of doctors office. The smell of antiseptic heavy in the air. "We must make sure you're healthy. Not every that arrives is" she explained. Susan took off her regular clothing. She stared for a moment at her coco colored skin. "Up we go" she said picking her up and placing her on her desk. "My my. I've never seen a black borrower before" the doctor said as she readied a stethoscope. "A small colony living in Macon Georgia" Susan said. "Interesting. Take a deep breath and this might feel cold" she said before placing the scope on her bare chest. Susan nearly jumped out her skin as the cold metal chilled her tits. Her nipples grew firm and erect from the chill. Susan took deep breaths and exhaled. "Good now stay still" she said. The doctor nodded for a half minute. "No respiratory issues and a strong slightly elevated heartbeat. Now lay flat on your back" she said. Susan did staring up at the ceiling.

 

She could feel the giantess poking her soles with tweezers to see her reaction. "Please keep those little feet as still as possible" the woman said. She was permitted to scrunch her tiny toes at least. Fingers propped her legs up slightly as she gently tapped her kneecaps. "Good reflexes. Now this will be very delicate so no fidgeting" she warned. Susan cringed as she felt a slight probing of her pussy with a cotton swab. Not deep, just a few millimeters. The giantess propped her legs high and suspended them over a finger as the swab penetrated her asshole. Again just a few millimeters. "You’re a virgin?" the woman asked. "Yeah...ahhh...I am. Does...it show?" Susan asked. "Yeah I can see your hymen. Doesn't seem to be any anal...ahem...activities either. Rare for your kind" she said. Susan breathed a sigh of relief not just because she stopped poking her ass but the fact the glamor hid the fact she had no hymen to speak of.

 

"Okay. You can get dressed now" she said handing her her clothes. "You've done this a lot?" Susan asked. "For about 20 years or so. Before I came here, I was a veterinarian for your kind, so I know a thing or two about borrower health and medical care. You're one of the healthier ones. Not all that I've seen have come here as fit as you" she said. "Is it that bad?" Susan asked. "There was a borrower boy here two months ago. 14 years old and... gelded" she said. "Gelded?" Susan asked. "Nice way of saying he had his testicules cut off. His previous owner didn't want him mating and knocking up his pedigree girls" she replied. Susan felt a cold hatred in her heart. "But Mother Bloom herself took pity on the boy and inducted him into secular studies" the woman said smiling. Susan finished dressing.   The woman held her hand out for Susan to climb into. The doctor carried her out of the office and to the woman from before. "Fit as a fiddle. A virgin too" the doctor said. "Praise the Lord. That's excellent news. Come sister..."

 

"Susan" Susan said. "Come Sister Susan. I shall take you to our tailor" she said. The woman left the guest house and headed to a brick building not very old. "Welcome to Haven Hall. Here we have schools, theaters, workshops, and various other things" she said as she carried her to a room.  Susan couldn't help but note a similar system back home. "Brother Holmes, I have a new addition that needs fitting" she said as they entered. "That's always good news. Please place her here" he said. He took out a ruler and measuring threads. "Now dear I need you to take off your shirt, pants, shoes and socks" he said. "Uhh...Sister?" Susan asked. "Do not be alarmed. Brother Holmes is a gentleman, but we must get accurate measurements" the woman said. Susan nodded and took off her clothes leaving her in just panties and a bra.

 

"Okay let's gets started, shall we?" he said holding a ruler. He placed it next to Susan who was standing up. "3.25 inches. Slightly tall. And the waist..." he said picking up a measuring thread. "Size 8 borrower female. You're not sucking your gut in are you?" he asked smiling. "No, I just work out a lot" Susan replied. "Good for you. I myself diet. Cake and biscuits for me" he laughed patting his belly. Susan relaxed a bit around him. "Now sit on the edge for me" he said. Susan sat on the edge of his work table. His fingers holding her delicate ankle. He placed a very accurate and small ruler under her bare sole. His face leaned in extremely close. "You take great care of yourself" he said. "You mean how I paint my toenails?" she asked. "Part of it. Nothing to be self-conscientious about. He made us ALL in his image. It is only right we take pride in His work. And what a work it is" he muttered. His nostrils flared slightly. He was smelling her feet.

 

"It's important to get the right fit of sandal. Unlike humans, borrowers have extremely sensitive feet. What might pinch or rub for us could be stabbing or abrasive for you. Can't have that can we?" he said. "Size 11. Slightly larger than usual" he said. Susan flinched at that. It was true her feet were larger than average and in earlier times caused her some embarrassment. "That's not an insult. God loves diversity in all forms. From your beautiful brown skin to your long narrow feet" he said petting her head. "Thanks" she said softly. He handed her some clothes which she tried on. "How is it?" he asked. "Perfect! The fitting is perfect!" Susan shouted. It wasn't loose or tight. Even her sandals hugged and supported her delicate feet without having them feel trapped or exposed. "Great. It's satisfying to see my clothing put to good use" he said. "You made these?" Susan asked.

 

"Yes, I did. Each and every one of them" he said showing off dozens, maybe hundreds of sets of clothing and sandals from child to adult size. "I did it professionally for years. Owners would bring me their borrowers and have me size them for a dress or uniform. Even maternity clothes" he said. "You wouldn't happen to be Christopher Holmes, would you?" Susan asked. "Why yes I am" he said impressed. "I heard about you" Susan said. "Oh? Didn't think anyone knew me outside of the U.K." he said. Susan froze. "Oh, I heard about you online" she quickly said. "Ah, that makes sense. I did advertise online before I retired" he said. "You retired? But it looks like you still can do very good work" she said looking at his hands. "Set of you to say. I... lost my desire when I saw this young borrower man wearing my clothes...murdered on YouTube" he said softly. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked" Susan said. "Mother Bloom came to me saying I had a calling if I was willing to partake it in" he said smiling.  "If we're done, I'd like to have our new member settle in before evening mass" the woman said. "Of course Sister Agnes" he said. The man waved bye to Susan as she was carried away.

 

Susan was amazed at how beautiful the greenhouse was. Finely trimmed grass lined the walkways like trees. Flowers of all colors towered over the people walking to a fro between buildings 6 ft. long and a foot tall. Four of them in all. "How many live here?!" Susan asked. "At last count, 207 oh...208" Agnes replied giggling. People politely bowed and smiled at the familiar giantess walking among them. "Ah. Sister Wraith. We have a new member to our flock. Can you settle her in for me?" Agnes said bending to address a woman sitting oddly under a daisy. "By all means" she replied standing up. She slipped her sandals on her feet and walked over to them. Susan was placed before her. "Susan Jones. Nice to meet you" Susan said holding her hand out. "Annabel Wraith. Come sister" Annabel said. Agnes waved bye and walked away.

 

"This here is dormitory A. Please place your sandals here" she said slipping her own off and putting them in a named cubby. Susan followed suit. "Do families live here?" Susan asked. "Some. Parents and children have come here seeking salvation and guidance. However, most of our flock that live here are young" Annabel replied. "That's unusual. Our kind is extremely hesitant to let our children out into the world on their own until at least 18. Unless...something happens" Susan said. "Well, more than a few did live on their own or escaped mills" she replied. Susan was familiar with the term mills. It was a place where borrowers were forcibly bred. The term was coined after puppy mills. "That's so sad" Susan said. "Many don't even know who their father was" Annabel said as they walked.

 

"Here we are. You can stay here. You don't kinda roommate do you?" Annabel asked. "...the more the merrier" Susan replied. "You can leave your things with me" she said looking at Susan’s satchel. "You won't need your clothes" she said holding her hand out. "Just a moment" Susan said. She pulled out a small bottle. "Anxiety meds" Susan smiled. The middle-aged woman nodded before taking her satchel away. Susan breathed a sigh of relief as the woman left her thanking herself with the foresight to shrink her stealth uniform tiny enough to smuggle in a pill bottle her scale. She entered the room. She found herself standing behind a girl on her knees facing away praying quietly. She lifted her head and stood up. "Oh! How may I help you?" she asked. Susan was surprised to see how young she was. 13 at most, long red hair, ginger freckles on her cheeks and a warm smile on her rosy lips.

 

"I'm your new roomie!" Susan said holding her hand out. The girl hugged her instead. "Thank god! It gets kinda lonely just by myself" she said. "Susan"

"Ruby" she said back. Susan sat on the bed. The girl stared at her. "Never seen a black borrower before I take it?" Susan asked. The girl blushed. Susan got up and sat beside her. "Don’t be embarrassed. I don't see many Ginger borrowers either" Susan snickered. "You from America?" she asked kicking her bare feet. "Yep? You?" Susan asked. "Scotland" she replied. The two talked for awhile. "So you like it here?" Susan asked. "Very much so. It all makes sense now. How our savior suffered and found salvation. Peace through prayer and meditation. It's all right here" she said holding a book. Susan noted on the cover was the symbol for Virgo. "That's not the bible" Susan said. "No. The bible was written by humans for humans. This is the teachings of Mother Bloom" she replied. "I see" Susan said. Ruby opened the book.  "There are many paths to salvation. Prayer, forgiveness, good deeds, but the way of the righteous is blocked by earthly desires. The principle one is sex" she said.

 

"So sex is bad?" Susan asked. "Mother Bloom teaches us that sex is the path to lust and lust is the path to sin" she replied thoughtfully. There was the sound of a bell in the air. "Perfect. You can hear it for yourself at evening mass. Come with me" she said pulling Susan to her feet. Susan walked with her as throngs of other began to fill the small street. She found it weird and unsettling as each one has the same smile on their face. They all sat in the congregation hall with a few humans in attendance such as Agnes, Holmes, and the doctor from before.

 

"Evening my family. We have a new member among us. Please show yourself to everyone" Bloom said. Susan stood up. She paid no attention to those looking and clapping. Her sights were set directly on Mother Bloom. Her dress was very similar to theirs except a few slight differences. Her hair was jet black and went down to the top of her ass. Her skin was slightly tanned so the rumor of her being part Greek had merit. Her eyes were an eerie hazel with hints of gold. And around her neck was something strange. A small chisel and hammer tied to look like a cross. It was more than enough to pique Susan’s interest. "We're so glad to have you with us dear" Bloom said as Susan took her seat again.

 

"God made us in his image. Human, borrower, it is all the same in the end. We live, we bleed, we dream...and we sin. How many times did your parents say "bear a child. You're not getting any younger"? "Or how many here were forced into laying with strangers to get pregnant? And for what reason? To beat out the odds of survival? To make someone money? To fulfill a tradition? But Mother Bloom you can't know what it's like. You were blessed not being the size of a human finger. That is what they tell me out there. You don't have to suffer to understand the suffering of others.  Brothers and sisters, I'm here to tell you there is another way. The days of sexual slavery is over, the days of hiding from cats and snakes is over, the days where you loved by the whims of humans is over. God is here to deliver you to salvation!" she yelled. The congregation clapped and hollered.

 

Susan watched with bated breath. "The path to righteousness is filled with pitfalls and the greatest one is lust. So many here today is teetering on the edge of the abyss. A kiss, a hug is all fine and dandy until one confuses love with sexual gratification. Jealousy, anger, violence, is the fruit that is borne. If one decides to answer His calling one must abstain from such temptation! Who will give testimony today?!" she yelled. "I WILL! I WILL MOTHER BLOOM!" Ruby shouted standing. People clapped as the borrower girl approached the giantess. "Praise God! Sister, do you promise to abstain from sex and devote your body and soul to the Lord?" Bloom asked as she now held the small girl in her hand. "I do!" Ruby replied. "Then by the power vested in me by God, I will induct you into the Order of ZODIAC" she said. Susan wanted to jump out of her seat hearing that.

 

Ruby was allowed to return to her seat next to Susan. Susan clenched her teeth and listened as they sang hymns and prayed. When the service was over, they were ushered into the Haven Hall for dinner. "So I got to ask. What is this Order of ZODIAC?" Susan asked. "They're the anointed brothers and sister that will serve as mediaries for the coming of the 13 apostles" Ruby replied. "Apostles?" Susan asked. "Soon, the apostles of the Lord will appear on Earth once more and eradicate the evil men in this world leaving the righteous and worthy to inherit it" Ruby said. "The pieces are starting to come together" Susan muttered. "So what does being in this Order take other than no sex?" Susan asked. "Private seminary with Mother Bloom and when that is done, they are sent to a secluded estate to protect them from temptation until the Day of Return" she replied. "So you don't see them again?" Susan asked. Ruby shook her head. Susan tapped her foot agitated.

 

Curfew was at 8:00 and Ruby and Susan had returned to their room. "Nice bath" Susan said coming out in her wrapped towel. "It's nice. A far cry from bathing in cold streams and worrying about hungry frogs or foxes" Ruby said smiling. Susan put on her panties and bra. Ruby looked away blushing when their eyes met. "It's okay" Susan said smiling. "Wish I was pretty as you" Ruby said. "Give yourself time. I didn't hit my growth spurt until I was 14" Susan said. "I did grow a few millimeters this summer. And my boobs are coming in" Ruby said looking at her chest. "We'll hold on tight cause you'll go through a bunch of changes soon" she said. "Like what?" Ruby asked curious. "Your parents didn't say anything to you...oh. That's right I'm sorry" Susan muttered.

 

Ruby had told her earlier her parents were eaten by an adder, a very dangerous snake native to her country. Her father bought her enough time to escape at the cost of his life. She was 7 at the time and lived on her own ever since. "So what happens?" Ruby asked. "Well you butt gets bigger and you grow hair down there" Susan said. Ruby looked weirded out. "And your feet get more sensitive" she added. "I noticed that. It tingles funny when I wash my feet" Ruby said. Susan got on her bed and sat behind her. She took her brush and combed her red hair. "I can do that myself" Ruby said embarrassed. "Yeah I know" Susan said. Susan felt herself caring about the girl like she was her little sister. Explaining the facts of life. Grooming her. Giggling with her. There was a knock on the door. "Sister Ruby. It's time" the headmistress said. "You'll come back right?" Susan asked worried. "Yeah. This is kinda like an interview" Ruby replied. Susan watched her leave. Not even five minutes had passed before lights were turned off. It was bedtime but Susan had no intention of going to sleep yet. She changed into her grown up stealth suit and snuck out of her room by the window.

 

Her spell locked onto her aura. She kept her profile low as she ran. In the far distance was a human sized woman carrying a lantern. "They even have a guard" Susan thought as she zipped through the grass undetected. The trail led to a small and very old two-story home. Probably the original home of the farmer family that first owned the property.  Ruby and one other was upstairs on the second floor. The other human sized. She didn't see anyone on the first. "Damn" she hissed as she couldn't see a decent way in. The door was sealed as well as the windows. Not even the basement Windows could be budged. Susan didn't dare use magic to open them. The light from the activation could alert someone and if Bloom was up there, she might be able to sense it. Then she saw a way in. A dangerous one but she had come this far and her worry over Ruby was growing.

 

Susan climbed up the drainpipe on the side of the house. Her bare feet getting as much traction as she could as she shimmied up. Once she was on the roof, she made her way to the chimney. Gentle smoke billowed out of it but nothing was gentle down below. Susan could feel the heat as her toes were on the edge of the brick. She jumped. Her descent was angled in an odd way. Using her momentum, she richoeted from one side to the other. One bad move and she would fall right into the burning wood below cooking her like a chunk of pork.  And when she got to the bottom she jumped out with all her strength and mercifully rolled on the carpet floor. "Shit! Fucking shit!" she yelled patting her feet. She gave herself a minute to recover. The borrower woman made her way to the stairs and began jumping up each one. "This...would be...easier if I fortified!" she thought as she got halfway. Susan was out of breath and her feet were sore when she got to the top. She could hear Bloom talking from a room nearby.

 

Susan stayed to the shadows and hid near the doorframe watching and listening. "Don’t mind me dear. Just making a fresh batch of plaster" Bloom said. "And upon their return they will user in the new age" Ruby said. "What the hell?" Susan asked seeing Ruby stark-naked standing on a desk. The earthly smell of crushed limestone and old wood heavy in the air. "And what will be the new age?" Bloom asked. "The age where the worthy and followers of the apostles will live in peace and harmony" Ruby replied. Bloom put down her pestle and sat down. "This is a big responsibility dear. To deny the flesh is no easy task for someone your age" Bloom said. The giantess played with her hair for a moment studying her body. Susan got ready. She did NOT like the look in Bloom's eyes. "I think you will make a good addition to our...collection" Bloom said. "Thank you Mother Bloom! I won't disappoint you!" Ruby said happily bouncing up and down on her small feet. The giantess had her dress and carried out of the room. Susan looked as they went downstairs and quickly went into the room.

 

"This is...creepy" she muttered seeing dozens of figurines on shelves. Books, very old books and paintings on the wall. Paintings of the same woman. "Kinda vain" Susan said seeing the resemblance and thinking it was Bloom herself. However, she saw nothing truly strange or sinister. She climbed up onto a shelf to see one of the books. "Religious texts" she said. Susan was perplexed. She knew who this woman was and it was becoming clear what her agenda was. But nothing stuck out. No smoking gun. She saw a figurine and was taken aback by its beauty. The curly hair, the eyebrows, the toes, even an erect penis. A perfect figurine boy a teenage boy in the pose. "Like Michelangelo’s David" she muttered. It amazed her how lifelike it was. "Susan the job at hand" she said to herself leaving the room.

 

She made her way downstairs to find Bloom and Ruby talking. "It won't be easy saying goodbye" Ruby said. "Friends?" Bloom asked. "One. She's very kind to me and I only met her today but...I feel close to her" Ruby said. Susan sighed hearing that. "I understand but the seminary awaits. When the new age has begun, you'll see her again" Bloom said petting the girl. "I know. It's just gonna be hard to tell Susan goodbye" she muttered. "Susan? You said her name was Susan?" Bloom asked. "Yeah. A black girl from America" she replied. "The one that sat next to you today?" Bloom asked. The girl nodded. "Fuck me..." Susan hissed. She couldn't believe how stupid a mistake she had made not using a different name.

 

"Maybe I can meet her tomorrow" Bloom said. A knock on the door. "Ah. The sister on duty is here to take you back. See you tomorrow night" Bloom said handing the girl off. Susan rushed out of the door as it was still open and ran as fast as she could back to her dorm. Not an easy task to stay ahead of a giantess strolling along. She had made it back barely a minute before them. Her lungs burned and her feet ached. "Susan are you in the shower?" Ruby asked. "Yeah. Forgot was the night to wash my hair" Susan replied. In truth, she had to scrub off the smell of smoke and hopefully ease her aching muscles. She emerged shortly after. "So she said I'd be perfect for the Order. That means though I have to leave tomorrow" Ruby said lying in bed. "But we just met" Susan said. Ruby nodded. She could hear a sniffle from her. "I'm gonna miss you red" Susan said. "You too. You..." she said turning in her bed crying. Susan petted her hair softly until she settled down. "It won't be forever. Mother Bloom told me a special blessing from her native country. "Egy nagy figurát készítesz" she said. Susan let her go to sleep as she laid in her own bed.

 

The evening had been strange for sure but there were two things that bothered her. One was the figurine of David. Something was off about it. Other than the life likeness of it there was something peculiar about it. And the other was what Ruby said. "That prayer. Ruby said it was from Bloom's home country but that wasn't Greek at all. Sounded like Polish but it wasn't" she muttered. "Talking to yourself?" a very weak voice asked. Susan shot up in her bed. "Easy dammit!" the voice said from her pillow. Susan made out a very small figure rolling around until she grabbed it between her fingers. "Susan that's tight!" the voice squeaked. "...Fiona?!" Susan yelled. Ruby shifted in her sleep. "Shhh! Who else would be crazy enough to shrink to a millimeter in size to check on your ass?!" Fiona yelled.

 

"I'm surprised you found me" Susan said. " Clairvoyance and your scent led me here. After that a 50/50 chance. It was either the ginger kid or the black girl" Fiona said. Susan pulled the covers off her and placed Fiona between her feet. "Bit safer here" Susan said. "If you say so" Fiona said looking her enormous toes. "So I take it Keith knows?" Susan asked cracking her toes. Fiona flinched for a second.  "Oh he knows" she replied. "On a scale of one to ten...how pissed?" Susan asked. "5...followed by a zero" she replied. "Oh damn..." Susan muttered. "This was reckless Susan even for you" Fiona said. "These people were bold enough to infiltrate our home. Twiddling our thumbs ain't gonna make this any safer" Susan said slapping her feet down on the bedsheet. Fiona was thrown swiftly up into the air and landed smack dab between Susan’s toes.

 

"Susan a little help?" Fiona asked as her hands tried pushing her toes apart. "I've seen some shit. God knows I have but these ZODIAC people are like wolves preying on the weaknesses of others. Millions are dead because of them. And now they want to sell us out to some ancient star gods whatever the fuck they are" Susan hissed. "Your sweaty toes are crushing me stupid!" Fiona yelled. "Oh shit. Sorry" Susan said plucking her from her foot. Fiona breathed a sigh of relief free of her prison of footsweat and scented lotion. "And Keith gets that but not this cowboy crap. He's sitting in the car right now chain smoking and scared for your life" Fiona said. Susan lowered her head in guilt. "We had a big fight before I left. We had sex and now I'm worried it was a mistake" Susan muttered. "And that's a conversation for another time. What have you found out so far?" Fiona asked getting comfortable in her palm.

 

"She talks a very big game for sure. A lot of borrowers here believe what she's selling" Susan said. "How many we looking at?" she asked. "Ober 200 not including human staff" Susan replied. "Magic?" Fiona asked. "Not that I've seen. Her cross might be an artifact though. Very unusual design" Susan said. "What else you got?" Fiona asked. "The woman takes borrowers away for something called seminary. She claims it’s to induct them into a select branch of the church. They have to be virgins though" Sudan replied. "Virgin borrowers? I can see kids but teenagers? Adults?" Fiona said. "Sounds impossible I know but she's had converts. That kid there is one of them. She leaving tomorrow" Susan said pointing at Ruby. "What will you do?" Fiona asked. "Follow her. If this woman tries anything I'll move into action" Susan replied. "Her followers Susan. What you're doing is tantamount to killing Jesus for them" Fiona said. "We're THORN agents Fiona. We do what's best not what's easy" Susan said. "Anything else?" Fiona asked. "She said something odd. One second" Susan said. 

 

Susan repeated the phrase. "That's not Greek or Polish. Romani?" Fiona guessed. Susan shrugged. "Alright. Take me to your window" Fiona said. Fiona climbed onto the windowsill. "I'll check back at noon. Be ready" she said as she crawled through a very fine crack under the window. Susan watched her jump off it and glided away in a custom wingsuit. "Gotta get me one of those" Susan muttered.

 

""Jesus you scared the fuck out of me!" Keith yelled rolling down the window. "I made contact. She's fine...for now" Fiona said climbing into his hand. "What are we dealing with?" Keith asked. "Bad. David Koresh* bad but Susan hasn't found anything conclusive yet" she replied. Keith was quiet. "Her disguise is awesome. Didn't recognize her at all other than her scent" she added. Keith flicked his cigarette out the window. There was worry in his eyes. "She's a good soldier Keith" she said. "I don't look at you as soldiers. I look at you as family" he said starting the car. 

 

(Authors note: For our non-American and younger readers. Google David Koresh Waco Texas 1993 to get the idea)

 

Fiona tapped his phone as it sat it its holder in the center console. "What are you doing?" he asked. "Susan gave me a phrase in a foreign language. Seeing if google translate can tell us what it was" she replied. She spoke it. "Please try again" it said. Fiona did it three times. "Still nothing?" Keith asked. "Yeah. Weird" she said. Keith pulled into a petrol station. He left and returned with a flower. "I have a contact at Oxford that can help. She's a linguistics expert" he said driving. Fiona was curious about the flower. He was quiet on the way back. After parking the car, he gave it to her. "Thought this was for..." she said before stopping.

 

"? It's for you. Sorry about missing your baby shower" he muttered as she placed her in his hand. "Didn't think you knew" she said. "Family remember?" he replied. Fiona watched as the worried giant disappeared up the steps in the house.  Keith rounded the corner to find Claire rubbing her eyes and walking down the hallway. He grabbed her up suddenly causing her to make a funny squeak. "You're doing okay right? Healthy? Eating properly?" he asked. "I got my wife taking care of that" she said irritated. She could feel a tremor in his hand. He was headed to her room until Claire told him to keep walking. "Thought you were going to bed" he said. "Thought we could talk more" she said as he sat down. He looked long and hard at his reflection in the mirror.

 

"Is it a bad thing when you wish you didn't care so much?" he asked. "Keith? What's going on?" she asked walking on his bed sheet.  "How did Lily do it? How did she manage so many without having panic attacks worrying about their lives?" he asked tears running down his cheeks. "You need a vacation" Claire said. "A vacation won't fix this. A vacation won't stop the nightmares" he muttered. "You're having nightmares?" she asked concerned. "At least once a week and the scene is the same. Different people but it's the same. I'm out in the far field in the cemetery. A stack of shoeboxes to my left. Dead bodies to my right and I'm digging holes. I place a body in the box, cover it up, and scribble the name on a rock for a headstone. And at the end of it is someone I love. Ritchie, Rebecca, Thomas, you, Aspen, Lawan. And sometimes the boxes are matchboxes...for the babies" he said voice breaking. His hid his face from her crying. It worried Claire so badly to see the giant hurting so much.

 

"You never told anyone?" Claire asked. "People look up to me. They need to see me strong. I... I can't be like this" he muttered. Claire got close to his forehead and touched it. Her hand glowed for a brief minute. Keith gasped when it was over. "Was that..."

 

"My memory of that day I gave birth. All the fear and panic in my heart and it was washed away when I saw yours and Aspen's faces. I knew then I would be okay. I had been eaten, injured, and barely got to the hospital to give birth but it turned out okay because I had people in my life ready to give it their all. Trust the people around you to be alright Keith" she said. His nose nudged her as he took in her scent. "It's nice having you around again. You and Aspen" he said. "Truth be told, we kinda miss your touch" Claire blushed. "When this is over, I'll make time for you guys. Damn that reminds me..." he said scratching his cheek. "What?" Claire asked. "Things got complicated with Susan. You know me. Get close, night of passion, gets awkward" he said. "...did you get her pregnant?" she asked softly. "Yes and no....maybe?  It's complicated" he replied. "Complicated? Either you stuck your dick in her pussy and came or not" Claire said exasperated.

 

"Evil universe me fucked her. Long story" he said. "And on that weird shit, goodnight" Claire said leaving.  Keith looked at his erection. "And I’m too tired to even jerk off" he muttered closing his eyes.