- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Witness Addison attacking a shrunken city from the perspective of a few hikers.


+++

Crestview Peaks was known for its lofty ridges, diverse wildlife, and meandering rivers seeping through wood-covered valleys. It was also a sought-after hotspot for hikers and climbers, for it housed the highest mountain on the continent.

A group of hikers trekked through it at this very moment – nearly cresting one of its many present panoramic views.

"Last one there puts up the tent!" Kyra slapped her boyfriend's back as she ran up to finish the final stretch of their trek.

"Losers!" Melanie followed suit as she flashed a big letter 'L' formed with her hand at the two boys at the end of their rope.

"Hey! That's not fair! We're the pack mules here!" A drenched-with-sweat, Paul called after the giggling girls.

"And you'll get a big, BIG kiss after putting up the tent!" Kyra gave him a gleaming smile from over her shoulder.

Bobby shook his head and breezed through his teeth. "How about we'll hurl one of the tents in the ravine over here and let them shiver in the cold this upcoming night." He looked with a sour, worn-out face at his friend.

"And make me sleep next to your stinky feet?" Paul replied with an askance look. "I think I'll pass and try to find warmth while spooning with Kyra instead."

Bobby snorted while shaking his head. "Fuckin bottom boy."

"You and me both, Bobby. And you know it. How are Melanie's grades faring? Pretty well, aren't they? Thanks to you. Face it, man, we're the betas here, and we do not even deserve to lick the used underwear of these Goddesses." Paul squinted at the two girls in the distance, cheering in each other's arms as they reached the top.

Bobby shrugged. "I do that sometimes… you know… sniff at Melanie's used underwear."

"I know you do, horn dog. And I know you also like to–"

GRUUUUUUUMBLE!!!

"What was that!" Bobby's eyes spoke fear.

A girlish giggle reverberated loudly between Cresview's many peaks – sounding so potent that it threatened to tear the sky itself open.

"Oh my God! It's her! She does exist!"

Paul followed Kyra's finger as it aimed towards a point behind him.

Beyond a row of mountains, something the size of a celestial body rose, looming higher, obscuring the visible sky until the gleeful face of a youthful, blond girl was all they could see while craning their necks. Addison's countenance soared an incredible amount of miles above even the highest peaks of Crestview. However, Paul and his mates could discern even the tiniest details on the girl's face as if they were studying her up close.

The summer haze consisting of microscopic suspended particles – which were even tinier now after being shrunk – swirled through the sky, giving Addison's face an opalescent appearance you often saw when looking at objects at a great distance.

"So beautiful," Bobby uttered in awe as he removed his cap and sank with one knee to the ground.

Paul scoffed. "She's just a kid, man!"

"Wait until you see her in another four years. You'll be begging to worship her."

"Not if she kills us first." Paul wrapped his arms around a trembling Kyra, who came running up to him.

"What is she doing?!" Melanie pointed upwards while trying to find safety in Bobby's meaty arms, jutting her healthy F-cups against his hairy chest.

The foursome watched anxiously as Addison reached her monumental hand out. They cowered with their hands above their heads when it looked like Addison's hand was coming their way. But it didn't. Their eyes followed the movement of the soaring object that appeared more like an ominous, alien mothership grazing over the mountain range than the slender hand of a teen girl.

"What's that sound?" Paul focused his ears.

"Yeah, I hear it too. A sort of a buzz." Bobby added.

"It's the sound of wailing sirens!" Kyra clarified.

Melanie's look transformed instantly like a sudden realization kicked in.

"It's Crestville! My family lives there!" She quickly broke free from Bobby's arms and ran off.

"Where is she going to?" Paul looked puzzled.

Bobby shrugged. "Beats me."

"Let's follow her!" Kyra dashed after her friend cresting the hill's top.

A magnificent panoramic view greeted them of the valley down below. And next to a meandering river lay a town called Flintville. Paul saw that its military was on high alert, teeming in the city with their tiny tanks, jeeps, and choppers. A perimeter was being set up around the town.

"Do these people actually think they have a fighting chance against… that?" Bobby aimed his thumb at Addison's undeniable presence above them.

The godlike girl placed her hand next to the city, violently rocking the ground beneath it, even though the movement was gentle.

"Ha! Your pathetic city is not even bigger than my hand!" Addison tore the sky open with the strength of her voice, cracking even some concrete walls next to the innumerable windows she'd shattered.

Flintville's army was engaging now, battering Addison's fingers and nails with their trifling firepower.

Paul looked up with disgust as he saw Addison's smile broadening.

The bratty wench is enjoying the overwhelming power she has over them!

From their panoramic point of view, the foursome saw tiny yellow dots flashing all over Addison's fingers. And by the looks of it, no damage was done. Addison's skin seemed impregnable for the infinitesimal army. Paul realized now how it must have felt for the doomed Caspivurians. It really sucked to be this tiny. No matter how dominant a nation's military was, it all proved useless when the other party was able to shrink everything down to a microscopic level. A whole fleet of mighty warships or a battalion of steamrolling tanks ready to subjugate governments could be simply disposed of with one finger or a toe when they were utterly the size of a swarm of ants.

The roaring of cannons and the wailing of sirens were drowned out by giggles of the Goddess girl looming above them. It seemed like Addison had enough of it. Her city-sized hand went airborne. She clenched her hand into a fist and stretched her index finger, pointing it at the doomed city beneath it.

"What's she doing?!" Melanie said.

Paul squinted. "It looks like… she's going to poke something."

Addison's finger – which was like the size of a city block – sank lower, touched the ground outside of Crestview and sank in deep, piercing relentlessly through its soil. She stopped when her finger was halfway inserted. Then she cracked her finger in a wide, circular motion around Crestview, pulverizing roads, railways, and trees while drawing a circle.

"Why is she doing that?" Melanie said.

"She's cutting off their escape route," Paul said.

"Why would she want to do that?"

Bobby's eyes averted upwards, pulled by a sudden movement from the gigantic teen girl above them. "There is your answer, I think."

The foursome watched mesmerized as Addison's other hand came into view. A lively colossal bottle of Coke hung attached between her fingers. She opened the bottle and took a few big swigs, sloshing the ice-cold Cola eagerly down her throat. A long, relishing exhale followed after she was done before wiping her mouth clean with her forearm.

"Man! I was really thirsty!" Addison's voice rumbled in the sky. "I still am, though. And I have half a mind of finishing the bottle entirely, but then there wouldn't be enough for you guys." She winked at the city down below.

"Cheers to all of you." With that, Addison brought the half-filled bottle of Coke right above the city's center with its cap still removed. Then she tipped it over, holding it upside down. A lake full of mud-colored carbonated water mixed with tooth-destroying sugar and caffeine streamed out of the bottle's mouth.

The impact and weight of the first splash compressed at least a dozen skyscrapers to the ground instantly, granting hundreds of cowering shrunken citizens a swift death. Then the tidal wave of Coca-Cola raged outwards, seeping through a sophisticated network of alleys and streets. Countless cars were dragged along with its current, mingled with innumerable people that ran down the streets in a vain attempt to find cover for the divine retribution unleashed by the teen girl above them.

More buildings toppled as they couldn't bear the violence of the gushing beverage. Thousands of people on the outskirts saw it all happening. They were safe, for now.

But Goddess Addison's plague was coming for them. They attempted to evacuate the city before the all-devouring stream would gobble them up. But then they stumbled upon a profoundly deep ditch created by Addison's finger a moment before. Crossing seemed impossible. They were stuck. All of them had to endure the ordeal Addison devised for them all.

From her safe position, Melanie watched it all in horror. Her family was living in that town.

Enraged, Melanie looked up at Addison and screamed at her, ranting and raving in an attempt to make her stop. But her cries were all drowned out by Addison's booming laughter.

When the whole city was flooded and the trenches had turned into rivers of Coca-Cola, Addison became bored and stood up.

Dulled by the horror they'd just witnessed, the foursome looked up as the godlike 14-year-old brat sauntered off, whistling some jolly tune.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!