- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Back from a writting vaction, a bit of a setup for a larger chaper to follow

Chapter 5: The Question

 

Her hand stretched out to meet mine, a bit of sarcasm in her voice as she spoke

 

“Glad to meet you friend” I of course had accepted her friend request. Well accepted is putting it lightly, the full story was she had done if for me out of torturing the right response for her own amusement. I was still catching my breath from the whole ordeal with the brick wall that was her back. She however was having a great time, moving on from the whole thing like it was nothing. To her it probably was nothing, I had questioned myself wether she had actually felt any of my struggles or protesting so far.

 

“You know, you're being quite rude” How many times had I zoned off, had I not learnt that I should be on my toes when i'm around this woman? I need to be more vigilant. Yet I couldn't help escape in thought, it's as if she was taking control of me mentally. My thoughts kept going on about the difference between us, her nature and just her generally. I couldn't help but think of her or analyse every small detail about her. 'Escape' was the wrong word, even in my in she was still there. I could close my eyes but I would still see her standing over me with that cunning smirk on her face.

 

I shook my head trying to escape the trance I had placed myself in, the large palm of her hand awaited my own. My hand made contact with her own, the difference in size was again noted. Her fingers weren't long if you compare it with her other proportions, but to me they where longer, more slender. They encompassed power in themselves like tools that could be used to carry out her own orders. Those fingers I mentioned wrapped around my hand like a snake finding prey, her grip was strong as it always was. My hand was captive in hers, at this point I doubt I could escape grip of her hand, she had me locked in tight with this simple hand shake.

 

I noticed the small subtle hints of dominance while I being held. I had learnt many things from the world, and one thing I was wiser about was handshakes. You'll there are few important things in a handshake. First off is grip, you should have a solid, firm but not to strong grip. For her this was on point even though she was slowly sliding into crushing my hand. The other thing is the approach. Guys naturally going into a handshake with women tend to try and come over the top, it's not something we do on purpose or mean. It's almost like an animal instinct for a guy to come over the top and inadvertently display dominance. Not that it was ever an issue for me, but I was aware of it and going for jobs and such I still tried to be mindful of it. She, on the other hand (No pun intended) made an effort to display coming over the top, she would have anyway with our sizes. But she seemed aware like I was of what it could mean.

 

She was also holding her grip longer than the 'standard' amount of time. She finally started to shake, but like anything else it seemed like a game for her. She shook my hand roughly jolting my arm up and down aggressively. My joints protested at the movement before she finally relaxed the shake. Her grip however did not subside but rather increased. I wondered wether she would actually ever release me from this simple handshake. I felt like my hand was caught in a vice, I could not escape until she relented. But the game wasn't over, her grip grew stronger.

 

“Stop” I said quietly. The grip of her handshake was getting stronger and for me more painful. She began to move her fingers around making sure to hurt my hand with her movements. The feeling was pain, like the sides of my hand were going inwards on itself while my knuckles moved around to find space. I swear I could feel my knuckles actually moving in her grasp. But the game was brief and she let me go

 

“Surely something so simple isn't that hard” She mocked “it's just a handshake”

 

“That wasn't a handshake” I muttered “That was you crushing my hand...”

 

“Is that so? I'm pretty sure any normal person could hold that handshake”

 

“You don't know you're own strength, you said it yourself”

 

“That I did, but the question is? Am I so much stronger or are you so much weaker? I guess it could be both but i'm interested to find out” My ears picked up, this is what I had to be vigilant for. She was cooking up something in that twisted mind. “Maybe i'll put you through some exercises when we get home”

 

“Home? As if i'd set foot anywhere near you again”

 

“Right, and explain to me how you propose to stop me”

 

“ugh...” this I truly didn't have an answer for. She had me cornered and already demonstrated she was strong enough to hold me down from running.

 

“You don't even have an answer for me? Sometimes I wonder if you really don't like me or are just playing hard to get”

 

“I really don't like you, I don't use the word hate but you're coming close”

 

“Ooh a bit of bite, funny how it's only verbal with you”

 

“Then here's one for you, Fuck you!” This got a smile out of her, what was I doing? My plan to not give her any satisfaction and yet she had sucked me in. She had gotten a reaction out of me I was baited hook, line and sinker

 

“Sticks and Stones” She laughed “But seriously, do you have it figured out yet? I'm one step ahead. I already know where you live, i'm clearly stronger, and unlike you I can act on my instincts and intentions, you can't get away from me. But even then i'm not sure you really want to be away from me”

 

“I wish I never met you”

 

“Then you're doing a fine job protesting it. Part of you wants this and you know it. Any person would give up their life savings just to be in my presence for a second”

 

“Nothing would revolt me more”

 

“Than get mad then, Get Angry!” She yelled in my face, giving me a shove “If you truly don't like it, stop me! Hit me, Show some fight”

 

“I'd never stoup to your level”

 

“I don't get angry, I get what I want. You are a coward that hides behind his morals. And even behind that mask you and I both know you want me”

 

I took a deep breath in, I had to take back some sort of control and this slanging match was doing me no good. The thoughts of her words circled but I tried to push them away, I couldn't debate wether she was right or wrong, if I let her into her my head she'd win for sure.

 

“Not hiding from it?” She jousted, poking for a reaction. I remained silent, like I had originally planned. The smile faded away from her face, but it quickly returned.

 

“It's clear to me, that you lack the proper motivation to challenge me, so how about this? I'll dangle a carrot for you” She quickly flashed my phone in front of me “Let's play a game, Best me physically and i'll leave you be. The game ends when we reach my stop”

 

“But how am I supp...”

 

“Don't worry i'll give you the incentive, obviously the challenge Is near to impossible for you. But to level the playing field your phone will be the golden snitch. Retrieve it, and you win. Simple. You got everything to play for and i'll get a good gauge on our abilities”

 

“What happens if I lose?”

 

“Nothing. But of course you can still attempt to flee me afterwards. Have I tempted you enough?”

 

“You just might have”