- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The conclusion to the prologue, and a gateway tword the stroy.

Time: 3:28

 

 

“………..uhhh….(yawn)…….ow, fuck my head hurts…..”

Don looked up, and tried to remember what happened. He couldn’t recognize where he was. “Let’s see……”, Don said pensively, “…..hhmmm…….oh yeah! I was on a mission……………Zhang-shi! Shit! Where the hell is………”, then Don remembered SONYA. He couldn’t feel the earpiece. Then he thrashed around very violently with no apparent reaction, and then realized, “…..wait. I can feel rocking.” Don’s heart sank to the conclusion he unfortunately came to.

Don was tied down to a metal pillar with a rope and chains in the giant cargo ship. He had nothing with him at all. None of his gear, barely enough clothing to keep him decent (this means no shoes, socks, or pants; only a very light white t-shirt and his navy blue boxers) and no support from SONYA either. All hope seemed lost. He thought of a way to escape. It didn’t seem possible. Nothing did.

 

Time: 7:32

 

 

Don had fallen asleep. But he was woken up by the henchman he heard earlier named Kun Kien. Don noticed his short stature and short straight black hair. He was badly shaven and even a bit ugly. He shoved a piece of old, but not stale, bread into his mouth and said something in Chinese and walked out again though the heavy metal door. Don rudely spat the bread out on the floor. A few moments later, Zhang came in. He began talking to him in a very bad and heavily accented English.

“So American spy, you like my ship? It is nice. And what it carries, stupidendious…”

“It’s stupendous, dumb-shit.”

“Well look who is asking for it! Oh! Look….”

Zhang held out his Don’s earpiece if front of his face.

“I think this has a tracker, no? Well, let’s see them find us now!”

Zhang easily crumpled up and destroyed the earpiece until it was mere shards in his rough hands. He then went over to a rail of the boat and sprinkled the pieces into the ocean.

“Quite a shame…….they will miss their spy…….maybe…”

Zhang called over Kun in Chinese. He then began explaining something to him with Kun a bit hesitant. But, he finally nodded his head and walked slowly over to Don.

“Too bad you are……what’s the word…….useless.”

Kun reached into his jacket and pulled out a pistol and held it against his right temple.

“You had and have nothing of any value to me. Oh well, I hope your stay was nice, because your end won’t be.”

“WAIT! NO! YOU CAN’T DO THIS! THE US WILL FIND AND KILL…..!!!”, Don yelled and thrashed helplessly.

BLAM!

Don went limp. Blood splattered all over the wall to his left.

Zhang gave a sigh of relief. Then he yelled something else at Kun in Chinese and pointed to the ocean. Kun nodded and quietly put on some gloves and tossed Don’s body into the ocean. Kun then burned the gloves and went back to his initial job protecting the cargo. Zhang went to the rail and watched Don’s body taint the ocean with red and float away. It wasn’t long before the nearby seagulls would feast on his corpse, and Don was long forgotten.

Chapter End Notes:
Don is dead. The US has lost Zhang's trail. But, ends lead to beginnings.