- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Not the most exciting chapter ever, but i'm satisfied. I'm liking the pace i'm going at right now.

While poor Rachel was on the verge of having a mental breakdown, us freshmen were waiting for the welcome speech to start.


We were sitting on the stands of the auditorium, just on the right side to avoid the most crowded areas just to be safe. Us tinies were standing on the desk-surface just in front of Laura and Chloe, with full view of the entire auditorium and the students in the stands below ours.


The view was absolutely breathtaking: the whole room must have contained at the very least three hundred giant girls, and it started to have its effect on poor Rob, his senses overloaded from the abundance of giant attractive female college students.


Not that the rest of us fared much better, but for different reasons: each human weighed several thousands of tons compared to us, and the simple act of walking generated a constant rumble that would have been alone loud already, but by adding the chatter of dozens of giant girls talking was a pretty intense experience.


Just as things seemed to settle down, i noticed a relatively short student with golden hair walking in the auditorium, a scowl on her face betraying her foul mood, an emotion that appeared quite out of place in the sea of excited freshmen. I wondered for a second what could have ruined her morning that much, but i was quickly distracted by the headmaster getting on the “stage”.



I’ll spare you the speech, it was nothing special anyway. I did notice that she did not mention us even once in her speech, which was weird. Back when we departed from home, there was much fanfare and the event was quite publicized, but here nobody even seemed to know why we were there.

Actually, the few students that noticed our diminutive forms were staring at us pretty intensely, mostly for curiosity i suppose. 

I heard a few whispers of nearby girls asking their obvious questions between them, like “wait, are those tinies?” “why are they here?” “Oh my god, they’re so… so small! So cute!” “Well, we call them tinies for a reason…”

Having such reactions was fair, i guess. They had never saw one of us and suddenly we pop up unannounced in the most unexpected place.

It did make me a bit self-conscious, i wasn’t used to getting so much attention from so many people, let alone girls, not to mention giant girls.


After the speech, the crowd dispersed and exited the building to distribute to each specific lecture, so we were forced to split. 

I guess i didn’t mention it before, but we actually weren’t going to attend all the same courses. Me and Laura were in Physics, while Rob, Reed and Chloe were in Chemistry, which left Mike alone in the Business and Management.


This was quite an issue, as Mike obviously couldn’t attend a lecture completely on his own, in a room filled with distracted giant girls, as his safety could be in jeopardy.

We agreed to go before his lecture started to inform the professor of the situation, so she could grant his safety. Then, the nearest roommate between us would carry him to each lecture, and based on the location of his classes that would be mostly Rachel.


Thus, we split, me alone with Laura, and Chloe, carrying the other three. I saw a glimpse of nervousness from Mike as he waved me goodbye, so i mouthed “it’s going to be alright” to reassure him, to which he smiled.


——



Soon, i was sitting on the small desk surface in front of Laura’s seat, waiting for the first lecture to start. The hall was similar to the auditorium but in smaller scale, with the rows forming a section of ellipse, each row on a different height going up from the closest to the farthest.

Barely one third of the seats were occupied so there was plenty of space and it didn’t feel as cramped as the auditorium. I guess that unpopularity of STEM courses among females was common even in the normal sized society.

Laura had picked a spot somewhat in the center, a little on the right.

As before, no special treatment or equipment was provided for people of my… stature, no tiny desk or anything like that, so i would have to sit cross legged and write my notes like that. It was going to be a pain for sure, but eh, it’s life. Students are at the bottom of the food chain, so i would just have to suck it up either way.


After a minute, Laura received a message from Chloe confirming that Mike was safe and sound and the professor that collected him was going to handle everything, which she told me immediately. After that, we fell in a nervous silence. I could tell she was very excited but kinda nervous, from the way she fidgeted and looked around. Cute.

I looked around myself, and noticed that most girls were either already in small groups chatting between themselves, or alone and pretty much ignoring their surroundings, minding their business and scrolling on their smartphones.

In either case, everyone looked kind of difficult to approach. As an introvert, i could relate quite a lot, and given the interactions i had with my lovely roommate, she probably had my same issues with social relations. 


Then, introverts should support each other, right?

“So, do you like physics?” I inquired, trying to strike a conversation with the restless giant girl.

Laura looked at me a little puzzled, visibly confused by the obvious question “Um, yeah?” 

I love this girl to pieces, but man it’s difficult to have a conversation with her sometimes. Of course i know you like it, you wouldn’t even be here with me if you didn’t… whatever. 

“Cool, i love it as well. It’s just so interesting to go in depth to understand how things work in a more fundamental level. Which part do you like the most? Electro-magnetism? Gravity? Simple mechanics? Or perhaps Quantum mechanics?”

“… Umm, electromagnetism. I like how everything just fits in there. I was surprised at how symmetrical the Maxwell equations look”.

“Right?”


Eventually, i managed to start a conversation with Laura, and she started to relax a bit.

As usual, she just needed just a small nudge.


We were kind of absorbed in our conversation so we didn’t notice the approaching girl until she sat down next to Laura.


She was tallish for a human, almost as Alexis, and had long, blonde hair that were set in a ponytail with a scrunchie. She wore a kind of oversized shirt that gave a little peek at her cleavage, which was definitely bigger than Laura’s but not as ample as Rachel’s. A knee-high skirt covered her thighs and black vans adorned her feet, with several anklets on her left leg. I noticed a few earrings and piercings on her ears. 

It was difficult to notice, due to the baggy clothing, but she sported a nice figure which complemented quite well her gorgeous face, and her blue eyes.


After this new girl sat down and set her bag next to her, she noticed Laura peeking at her, so she immediately offered her hand and a big smile on her face “Hi, nice to meet you! I’m Emily!”

Man, extroverts are scary.

“Um, I’m Laura. Nice to meet you too” Laura muttered, clearly overwhelmed by the forwardness.

“Sorry, i didn’t mean to interrupt your phone call. I noticed you were talking before, so don’t mind me!” Emily assured, smiling.

“I… uh, i wasn’t having a phone call” 

“Then who were you talking to?”

At that point i realized that the new arrival had never looked in my direction. She probably didn’t notice me yet.

“Uhm, that would be me!” I said with a voice loud enough to be heard, and waved slightly to be more visible.


Emily turned towards me and blinked a few times, in disbelief.

“Is.. is that a tiny?” She asked, astonished. God, these reactions were starting to be predictable.

“Yeah” Laura answered.

“Isn’t it, you know, kinda illegal to smuggle them in?” Emily asked.


Man, this was going to be quite a long explanation.


….



“Ok, i think i get it now. Holy cow, i swear i didn’t hear anything about it! It’s crazy!” Emily exclaimed

“Tell me about it” i sighed

“Oh, by the way, i’m very sorry, i must have come off as rude before, let me make up for it. Nice to meet you, little one, my name is Emily!”
“Um, sure, yeah, i’m Will” i answered.

“It’s a pleasure to know someone of your… stature” she said winking amicably.

“Jeez, i never heard that before” i said in fake annoyance, rolling my eyes in exaggerated fashion.

She giggled, amused. She seemed nice.

Soon after, the professor came in and we prepared for the lecture. Before we started, i turned to Laura one last time. She looked kind of annoyed for some reason.


The lecture was pretty boring to be honest, it was going through the stuff that we already knew, but at a very fast pace. So fast that i wondered if she was going to keep it up even when we reached some materials that we didn’t learn yet. 


During the break we chatted with Emily. She had a very lovable and bubbly personality, and was easy to talk to.
Laura didn’t partecipate a whole lot to the conversation, i guessed she was still a little shy, but i was sure it was going to get better over time. 


Eventually, all lessons passed, so it was time to get home. We decided to go pick up Mike and head home. What i saw made me sick to the stomach.


That guy was SURROUNDED by girls fawning over his tiny frame. I already pictured the explanation he would give later, he was going to be all like “yeah i don’t know why they just started on their own” yeah cuz THAT’s going to make me feel better.

I met one girl and she didn’t even notice me at first! How the hell can you be such a social magnet without even trying man?


As Laura approached, he noticed us and politely excused himself from his groupies, who said goodbye in unison, and some bullshit like let’s meet up tomorrow and stuff.


Mike hopped on Laura’s hand, sat next to me, and said “Hey guys, did you have fun?” 

Laura just nodded, as I answered “well, not as much as you i guess”

He snickered, embarrassed “Oh, you saw that, well, i don’t know why i was minding my business then all of a sudden they came and talked to me on their o..”

“DON’T. SAY. ANOTHER. FCKIN. WORD.” i growled, poking him between his ribs at each word “Next time i see another monster extrovert like you flex his social skills like that i’m going to puke” 

Mike laughed as he tried to shield himself against my pokes “Hey, do you want me to introduce you to some of them? I don’t mind, but someone might get lonely” he said, then turned and winked to Laura, which was listening to our antics, with a half amused expression.


The smirk on the giant girl’s face was gone in a second, replaced with a pout “Like i care. You can go meet all the girls you want, it’s not my problem” she scoffed, and looked ahead as she continued walking.


Then Mike leaned towards me, pretending to whisper me something, but actually talked loudly enough to make sure Laura heard as well “She’s blushing lol”.


“i’m NOT!” Laura exclaimed, flustered, stomping her foot in annoyance, the shock traveling all the way from her gigantic leg and making us flinch.

Her outburst attracted a couple of curious stares from nearby students, but us tinies, who were on her hand and very up close, got startled quite a bit.


“Oh, um, I’m sorry Laura, i didn’t mean to upset you. Forgive me” Mike said, apologetically. 

I looked at him and he was trembling slightly. Did he really get that scared? Sure, the sudden motion startled me as well, but she didn’t mean to do that to intimidate us, and she certainly was not going to hurt us because of a little teasing. 

Hell, I was supposed to be the one with Vietnam Flashbacks for giant girls slaps!


Laura looked at Mike, still pouting, then she pushed us into her purse without saying a word.


There, in the swaying darkness, i sighed “Guess you’re not as good as you think with girls”

Mike laughed nervously “Yeah, i should be more careful. I must have struck a nerve”.


After a few seconds of silence, i asked Mike “Oh, that’s right, how did you manage to solve all that follow-the-lecture-safely with the professor?”

“Yeah, she just assigned me to a random student to make sure i was safe. The unlucky girl looked pissed for the whole morning for some reason, but she’s okay i guess. At least she didn’t poke me and barrage me with question like the others. I think we’ll get along eventually. By the way, her name’s Beatrice”