- Text Size +

Meanwhile, we were obliviously chilling in the sink that Rachel had filled with warm water for us previously.

After a few minutes of idle chatting, Mike finally thought it was about time to have "the talk".

 

He looked straight at me, smirked and said "So Will, don't you have something to tell us?"

"I... don't know what you're talking about" I tried defending myself

"Come on Will, did you really think we wouldn't see your dreamy stare?" Chuckled Reed

"Shut up" I pouted, sinking until the lower half of my face was underwater, trying to hide my reddening cheeks.

"We are waiting..." Rob added smugly.

After a few seconds of staring contest between us, I finally gave in "All right, all right".

I sighed deeply, and confessed "I think i have a crush on Laura"

Surprisingly, they just nodded, satisfied. 

 

I expected them to make fun of me, but since the last time i liked a girl, many many years ago, ended up with her calling me a cockroach and telling me to go die and never talk to her again, they probably thought it was a sensitive topic for me.

They might have been morons, but they were good friends.

 

 

"So, what are you gonna do now?" Asked Mike.

I looked at him with a puzzled stare "Nothing, obviously?"

"I mean with her" Pressed Mike.

"I know what you meant" I answered.

"I ASK FOR PERMISSION TO INITIATE OPERATION: WILL X LAURA!" Shouted Reed, raising his arm

Before i could even respond Reed and Rob had already raised their right arms as well, shouting in unison "PERMISSION GRANTED!".

 

After a few moments i was forcibly brought at the center of a circle made up of those three morons.

"Look guys, i don't think i'll ever even have a chance..." I groaned, but i knew full well there was no stopping these idiots.

"NONSENSE, BESIDES YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO SPEAK SO SHUT UP"  Shouted Reed, who was clearly having fun with this roleplay.

"What we want you to do, Will, is to follow our instructions and report back, or we'll be forced to tell to aaaaall the girls every juicy detail of what happened last time we got you drunk" Mocked Rob

I looked at him with wide eyes "You wouldn't dare"

"Ohohoh, i wouldn't be so sure if i were you" he chuckled  "Besides, you just need to do what we say"

"... fine" i muttered while gritting my teeth.

 

"Good boy" Smiled Mike "Now, about the plan: first, observe her room. Everything. There MUST be something, anything, that should hint at some of her interests, or hobbies. When you find it, do a little research if you aren't familiar with it and try to use it as a topic" 

I immediately remembered the Grand Blue poster that i noticed earlier.

"Girls love to talk so make sure to listen to her and do your best to look interested. Actually, it's better if you pick a topic you actually care about, it's easier if you want to look genuine in your interest"

He paused "I think that's enough for now".

 

---

 

After the bath, it was dinner time. As Rachel prepared omelettes and salad for everyone, we were placed on the table.

Then Alexis started to lay the table, as Laura was explaining to Chloe where everything was placed in the kitchen.

"Sorry we're not much help, we feel bad at letting you do all the work" Said Mike when Alexis was near enough to hear us.

"Don't worry, don't worry" She hushed, smiling brightly "It's no problem at all!"

 

Us tinies had a little foldable desk we could use during the meals which had little drawers where we could store dishes and stuff, so the girls only needed to bring us the desks. It was very handy for both of us to be honest.

Since the table was round, we decided to place ourselves between the girls, so that each girl had his tiny roommate at his left.

That meant that i was sitting between Alexis, and Laura.

When the food was served, we all said in unison "Thanks for the food, Rachel", to which she smiled sweetly as always.

We started to dig in and chat, so we got to know a little better Chloe. She seemed to feel a little uncomfortable for being in the spotlight, but eventually she started to warm up to us, and behind the shyness we discovered a lovely personality.

During the conversation, I noticed that Rachel, who was sitting on the opposite side from me, was spacing out a bit, her gaze slightly lost. No, actually, it was directed on something on her left. After a few seconds, she blinked twice, and seemed to regain her senses.

I wonder what that was about.

 

I peeked slightly to my right. Laura was quietly chewing the salad.

The view was impressive, her mighty jaws making short work of the greens, until the mouthful was brought to the back of her throat and swallowed. I could see the faint outline of it on her thin throat. 

I wondered how much each mouthful weighed. More then me, for sure.

Then, she took her glass and washed down the remains of her meal with hundred of gallons of water.

I decided it was enough staring for the moment, so i returned my attention to my food, but i felt like i was being watched somehow.

I turned to the left and saw that Alexis was looking right at me, with a shit-eating grin that went from ear to ear. There was no way she didn't notice my admittedly long peek, and she looked like she had already drawn her conclusions.

 

As she saw me panicking for a second, she put her enormous index finger on her lips, and then winked at me.

I sighed, relieved, and mouthed a thank you.

She then went back to scarfing down her dinner, unable to stop grinning. Great, it wasn't even 24 hours and most of the people in the house already knew.

 

---

Then, after we helped to clean up, it was time to bed.

I said goodnight to everyone and prepared myself mentally to sleep in the same room with my crush. I wasn't sure my heart would hold.

Laura grabbed me and walked into her bedroom, setting me on her nightstand. Then she went to her bathroom to change up for the night. This might be a good opportunity to commence the operation.

"Alright, this is it" i whispered, preparing myself.

 

 

 

 

When she got out and strolled for the bed only wearing a comfy pajamas that left most of her legs and arms bare, i asked her timidly "Hey Laura, i couldn't help but notice the poster, have you read Grand Blue?"

She looked at me with a puzzled expression. Bingo, at least i got her attention. "Yes, why?" she asked, suspicious.

"Great, I read it too! At first i thought it was just a normal manga about diving, but it's so much more than that!"

Her face lit up suddenly "Right?"

Simply having that reaction made me want to stand up and dance.

"Yeah, i think it's one of the best comedies i've ever read! Everytime the protagonist gets wasted i laugh so much i can't breathe!" 

She laughed as well, and i fell in love all over again

"Yeah, you're right" She said.

"I'm so happy, i've almost never met someone i could talk about it!" I added, which was true, since the only one i talked about weeb shit with was Reed.

"Me too..."

 

I realized i was the one who talked most of the time, so i waited for her to continue the conversation.
Yes i know i didn't have the slightest idea how to talk with girls, you don't need to remind me.

After a few seconds of akward silence in which both of us expected the other to continue, i stuttered "W-well i guess i'll just go to the bathroom as well", and proceeded to walk to the stairs in order to get out of the embarrassing situation.

"Here" I heard behind me, i turned and saw her enormous hand with her palm facing upwards.

I looked at her, almost incredulous at this unexpected show of kindness, and saw her expressionless face again, her smile from before gone.

No, that's not entirely true. It appeared slightly more gentle than before.

"T-Thank you very much" i said, and climbed her soft fingers.

She never carried me like that, i noticed, up until then she had always pinched me between her fingers.

Maybe she was actually warming up to me? Yeah right keep dreaming

She set me in the bathroom and closed the door.

 

 

 

 

As i got out, walking in the space underneath the door (which was conveniently wide enough) i saw her lying on her bed, reading something.

I walked to the nightstand, and when i was almost arrived she noticed my tiny shape on the floor.

She set the book down, moved to the side of the bed letting her bare feet rest on the floor, and said "Hey"

I froze "..Yes?" i asked, looking at her. She had a very serious expression, so i started to fear i had done something wrong.

"I will ask you a question, and i want you to answer sincerely. Can you do that?" She said, her tone of voice sterner than before.

"I.. I'll do my best" I answered, a bit confused at the request.

Laura exhaled, then asked, looking at me intently "Are... Are you afraid of me?"

 

Spending most of my time alone made me develop a handy ability. Observing people interacting from a neutral point of view helped me to learn to read faces. The amount of information that is hidden behind your expression is amazing.

Now i was no master at it, and Laura was pretty good at hiding it, but i could clearly see the expectation she felt and the hope in her beautiful green eyes.

 

I exhaled softly, and said with firm voice "No, i'm not"

For a fraction of a second, i thought i saw a flash of relief in her eyes, but it was too fast to be sure. 

 

"Come closer" she instructed.

I obeyed, without saying anything. My heart was beating so fast i felt like my chest would burst open.

As i approached her, she slowly raised her enormous right foot. I stopped for a second, puzzled, and looked up at her.

"Walk under my foot" She said.

Alright i have no idea what is happening right now, i thought. But nevertheless, i obeyed again, although walking a bit slower than before.

 

As i got nearer, i marveled at the size of her feet. I was barely as tall as her big toe.

Speaking of toes, hers were slightly on the longer side, but were thin and elegant. When i got to it, i could see the bottom of her foot, from the ball to the heel, and the whole sole looked soft as hell.

God even her foot is beautiful, i thought, reaching the centre of her sole. At that point I couldn't see her face anymore

 

 

I was so mesmerized by the view that i was caught by surprise by her voice: "I'll ask again: Are you afraid of me?".

Only then i realized that with a single, simple movement, i would end up squished into a tiny red stain on her huge foot. I shivered at the thought.

But i answered nonetheless, sincerely "No, i'm not"

A few seconds of silence followed, then she asked "Why?"

I thought for a moment about it. True, it was scary, but not much more than being under a bridge. The bridge COULD fall and crush me to death, but i know it won't because it's solid and well built so i'm not that scared.

I answered "Because i trust you"

 

More silence.

Then the foot moved, but it didn't reveal her face because she had laid down on the bed, on her back.

I decided to push my luck with some humor "Did i pass the test?"

She didn't answer.

 

As i climbed the stairs, i heard her move and rustle on the bed, and when i arrived to the top, she was already under the sheets, facing the opposite way. 

I was a bit saddened by the silent treatment, but i murmured, more to myself than anything "Goodnight"

As if she had heard me, Laura whispered "Good night" as well.

 

Then i got into bed and wondered what the fuck had just happened to me