- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Yo, bet you didn't expect me to pop up for no reason at all. I'm surprised as well.

But nonetheless, i'm here, and i'm sure that you'd rather read the story instead of listening to my dumb ass. So here it is.

Not much action unfortunately, sorry 'bout that.

Completely oblivious of the mass slaughter unfolding in the adjacent rooms, we were lazily chilling on the sofa. 

Rob and Reed were sprawled on Chloe's toes, who was sleeping soudly as well, while Mike was intently watching the tv on the armrest, where the giant girl was peacefully resting her head. His hair swayed to the rithm of her warm breath, but he didn't seem to mind.

Me, on the other hand, i was sitting between Chloe and Alexis, who was sitting cross legged and watching without much interest the film. At regular intervals, she turned in our direction, probably to check up on us.

I wasn't paying attention to the screen, instead deep in thought, hugging my knees. 

This new life was definitely different from my lonely existance from before, and the transition was kind of draining my energies as of then. It would take me a few more days to get used to it. 

 

Besides, my thoughts were revolving around one specific person in that moment: Laura.

Was there really any way for me to become her friend? Or even, her boyfriend? Was i behaving correctly? What should have i done, or not done? My head was full of unanswered questions.

 

 

My overthinking was suddenly interrupted by Alexis, who whispered to me "Heeyyyy... you awake over there?"

I jumped a bit, and faced her,  "Yes, s-sorry" 

She smiled softly "Don't apologize, silly, i was just calling you. Is it okay if i pick you up for a sec? I'll be gentle"

 I managed to stutter "Yes, i mean, sure, do as you please"

She gently pinched my chest between her fingers and placed me on the vast and soft surface of her left thigh, which was left bare up to her short pants.

 

As i sat down cross legged on the warm skin, i was definitely nervous, since i never had much interaction with other girls so this much physical contact was making me uneasy. And i had no idea of what to make of it.

She probably noticed how stiff and fearful i was, so she purred "Relax, i just wanted to make you feel more at ease around us. We're going to spend a lot of time together so we should get used to each other company"

Then she started to stroke me with her index fingertip, from my head to my back. After a few seconds of surprise, i loosened up a bit, enjoying her touch, which was surprisingly gentle, since just her finger was several times my height.

 

 

"Uhmm... Can i ask you something, Alexis?" I asked timidly. In order to let her do her thing comfortably i was facing the opposite direction, so i turned back to face her.

She smiled brightly "Sure, go ahead"

I gulped nervously and turbed back ahead, and asked "Do... Do you think of us as a bother?"

She answered immediately "Of course not, silly! I'm actually really enjoying your company!"

"... And Laura?"

Her finger stopped for a moment, but resumed its motion as she answered "I wouldn't say that. I think that she just needs time to get used to the situation, that's all. You don't have to worry about it, i bet she'll warm up to you guys in no time!"

"Yeah... you're probably right" i said with no conviction, slumping a bit.

 

After a few seconds of silence, she asked "Do you really like her?"

I blushed heavily, but managed to nod weakly, not daring to mutter anything for the embarrassment. I figured that lying at this point wouldn't have helped me in the slightest, and besides i was starting to trust Alexis.

 

"Alright then" she said, and suddenly pinched my chest again, and raised me to her face, looking into my eyes.

I was surprised by the sudden motion, and was having a very hard time looking at the gorgeous deep violet eyes of the giant girl.

"I want you to promise me something, little Willie" she announced with a serious face. She didn't seem angry, just solemn. I only managed to nod a bit.

"Promise me that no matter what happens, you will continue to like her. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes" I answered immediately. I was actually surprised myself at how quick i answered.

Alexis smiled sweetly "Good. I'm not going to lie, this is going to be difficult. It's going to take time, and effort. But as long as you keep pushing, and stay true to yourself, i'm sure that your feelings will be certainly delivered"

"And remember. No matter what Laura says or does, trust me, she doesn't hate you. So don't be sad. Can you smile a bit for me?"

I managed a half smile, and said, sincerely "Thank you, Alexis. Really"

"Don't mention it" She grinned, rubbing softly my face with her thumb.

 

Then she set me on the sofa, got up and exclaimed "I think it's time to prepare dinner!" and strolled to the kitchen.

 

 

After a few minutes dinner was served, but the table was more empty than the day before, there weren't dishes laid for the sisters.

Will asked "Aren't Laura and Rachel joining us?" 

Alexis, with a slightly tense smile, answered "No, I don't think they will"

 

 

 

After we ate, we hanged around for a bit, then it was time to go to sleep. Chloe carried me gently to Laura's door, then knocked.

"Go ahead" she answered from inside, so Chloe timidly and slowly opened the door.

"I, uhm, I brought Will..." she stated with a low voice.

"Just drop him on the floor, thank you" Laura answered grumpily. She didn't sound on her best mood.

Chloe raised one of her eyebrows, and looked down at me, concerned, as i sat on her palm.

I motioned her not to worry and put me down, which she did. 

"Well then, good night" She said as she got out of the bedroom, closing the door behind her.

 

I was left alone in Laura's bedroom, on the floor. From where i was, i couldn't see where the giant girl was, but i supposed she was on her bed.

I didn't want to bother her at first, so i went straight to the bathroom to get ready for bed. 

 

 

As i got out from under the door I could see Laura, wearing her light pajama, on her bed, leaning on the wall and hugging her knees.

She wasn't facing me so i couldn't see her face very well, but as i strolled to the nightstand, i could clearly hear a very well concealed sob. Surprised, i looked up and noticed that the skin around her eyes was slightly red.

I'm no Sherlock, but it was pretty obvious that she had been crying for quite a bit.

 

Now, i'm the type of guy that doesn't like meddling in people's problems, and i knew from experience that if i'm trying to hide my tears, the last thing i want is someone to notice and make a big deal out of it.

So any other time, i would have pretended i didn't hear anything, and let her be. But not this time. I wanted to be different, and both my friends and Alexis encouraged me a lot, so i decided to behave in a way that would make them proud and leave behind my old coward self.

Besides, seeing a girl as pretty as her cry was heart wrenching.

 

I silently approached her and slowly climbed the bed sheets, and in a few minutes i was by her side, at the foot of the bed.

While i was climbing she had moved, so now her legs were resting down, her feet in my direction and her knees on the other. One of her hands was resting on her tummy. She either didn't notice me or didn't aknowledge my presence, because she was facing the opposite direction.

I asked myself one more time if it really was a good idea, but i steeled myself to do it. I was too invested to back out at this point.

I walked in the direction of her feet. I noticed that one of her soles, tha same one that i had walked under the night before, had a weird stain that hadn't been washed properly, but i didn't think anything of it.

 

 

As i was near enough, i stopped and asked in the most gentle way possible "Hey, um.. are you okay, Laura?"

She flinched slightly, then after a second she said, without turning to face me "Why are you on my bed?"

I turned pale. I didn't consider it would be rude to invade her bed, but i didn't like the idea of having a conversation from so far away, so i decided to climb it. I stuttered "I-i'm sorry, i just was worried and wanted to check up on you"

She turned suddendly and exclaimed "Well, i'm okay so don't bother!" 

 

As i thought, her eyes were red and slightly puffy. There was no doubt, she had been crying, they were the same signs i saw on my face on the mirror countless times.

I don't know what happened to me in that moment, but for some reason, i wasn't intimidated by her anymore. I just saw before me a girl i was in love with that was suffering, and i wanted to help. So i did something that was unthinkable for me.

 

I looked at her in the eye and said "No you're not"

Then i started to walk towards her, slowly but purposefully.

She was definitely taken aback by my sudden determination, but then she grimaced and murmured between her gritted teeth "Don't come closer". However, she didn't pull back her leg. She didn't move, in fact, which i interpreted as a good sign.

"I just want to talk" I said simply, not slowing down. I reached her ankle, swiftly climbed it and walked up her smooth and pale leg.

As i reached her knee, i stopped and looked at her enormous and looming face directly.

Her eyes were definitely hostile this time. Actually, she looked pretty angry. In any other situation, i would have been so terrified i wouldn't have been able to be standing. But not this time, i felt like i had nothing to fear.

 

"Did something happen?" I asked, as kindly as possible.

Her eyes showed panic for a moment, but she recollected herself immediately, then she answered "No, nothing"

I pressed on "Laura, I'm sure that you're upset about something. Do you want to talk about it?"

She didn't answer, instead keeping to glare at me.

I sighed "Listen. I understand if you don't want to talk about it. I respect it. But i'm really worried about you and it wouldn't feel right if i knew you're hurting and i didn't do anything about it. Can i do something to help you?"

"Why would you bother?" She asked, her expression as hostile as before, but i noticed that her voice was starting to get a bit sniffly and her eyes were glistening with tears.

I blurted suddenly "Because i'm your friend" without thinking. Were we? Probably not. But that didn't matter, because i already said it.

 

 

Her face eased up for a second, speechless. Her reaction surprised me as well, and we passed a few moments just staring at each other, dumbfounded.

Then, suddenly, the moment passed, she closed her eyes, and when she reopened them again, there was only rage inside of them.

She growled "Why would i be a friend to a disgusting, hateful and lying speck like you?"

 

In that moment, my heart dropped. The realization hit me like a tons of bricks. Alexis was wrong. This girl detested me. She truly despised me. There was no way something could have ever began between us.

I didn't even have the time to process the fact, because i barely had the time to notice a wall of flesh on my left approaching at an impossible speed before it collided into me.

The impact was so strong that i didn't even register the pain right away, and i didn't notice that i was sent flying across the bed. When i finally hit the sheets, i could just see a color slowly filling my sight, before i slipped out of consciousness.

 

The color was red.

Chapter End Notes:

See you next time bros