- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ok, this is the first time I’ve really written something like this, outside of the gum bit in an earlier chapter and I took a different swing on the narrative, hope you all like it, especially the person that requested it. It was kinda rushed a bit and its not a super long chapter, but its also not the kind of thing I usually write.

Frank loved being out on the ocean, more than anything else he loved his job. It's the reason he never settled down and started a family, it would only hold him back from his one true love, lobstering. He didn't eat them, and he only sold enough to keep him going, the little creatures were too majestic for anything else with their little legs and powerful claws. He imagined how it felt to be a lobster, swimming along the bottom of the ocean without a care in the world other than the next meal or fight for territory, it must be amazing with a simple lifestyle. No worrying about all those adult dilemmas like bills and people. Frank hated being around other people, they just never made sense to him, not like these lobsters out here, so beautiful with their large red tails flopping around behind them. He would give anything to be just like them, eye stalks and everything.

Browsing through his phone whenever he floated through an area with a signal frank noticed an ad for an app called Objectify! “Now for more than just objects!” It seemed like an app that allowed you to transform into objects or apparently now animals. Frank was immediately interested with the idea of finally living out his underwater dreams, no longer having to worry about his next paycheck. Quickly filling out the required information, he set his transformation to lobster and anxiously awaited his new life under the sea.

Frank woke up feeling weird, his vision was weird and looking around made him realize that he didn't see so much as sense everything around him. Moving around he felt different, the app must have worked! He looked down and saw his amazingly blue lobster body in all its glory. A one in two million chance! He walked around on his little lobster legs, exploring his new sandy home when he noticed another lobster coming at him, this one a deep red with a sizable claw ready to crush a clam in half. Frank knew that lobsters would eat each other given the chance, so he readied himself to make a hasty retreat. Using his tail to push himself backwards, he didn't realize there was a trap right behind him until it snapped closed, sealing him to his new fate. He was pulled up to the surface and heard the fisherman exclaim their good fortune for finding not just a red lobster but an extra rare blue one! A payday was in their future for sure. Getting thrown into the icy cooling tank, Frank couldn't help but fall asleep as he awaited his fate.

Frank was starting to warm up when he noticed he was no longer on the boat, but in a tank overlooking some posh restaurant, several people ooh-ing and ahh-ing the rare blue lobster, hopefully he would just be a decoration and not on the menu. Blue lobsters cost a lot more  Even though they not only turned red after being cooked, but tasted the same as a red lobster, they were just a pricey novelty. He was once again ripped from his environment by someone that looked like a chef as someone had apparently decided to pay the hefty price tag for what would amount to an average meal. Frank didn't begrudge his fate, knowing it could be a possibility, he had just wished for more time under the sea as the most beautiful creature he could think of. The chef brought him into the kitchen to face a pot of water, frank knowing that it would be the most painful experience of his life as he was slowly steamed to death for the enjoyment of whoever payed for him.

True to his thoughts, frank had never felt this kind of pain before. Like when you touch a hot stove, but over his entire body as he slowly turned from blue to the fully cooked red. Somehow, even though he was fully cooked and by all rights should have been dead, his consciousness persisted in the dead lobster body, giving him an even worse feeling of dread. Pulled out of the pot with a large pair of tongs, frank could no longer move as he was gently placed on a large plate with a bowl of hot butter and some steamed asparagus. Being carried out by the chef himself, he was delicately placed down in the middle of the table, surrounded by what looked like basic college girls out on the town with daddies money, frank hated this kind of girl, always looking down on a lowly fisherman like him. Now it appeared they were more literally looking down at him, practically salivating with hunger. Reaching towards him, the attractive blonde at the head of the table roughly removed one of his legs, frank somehow still feeling everything as if he were still alive. All he could do was watch his leg rapidly vanish as she cracked it open, dipped it in butter and greedily slurped it down. The other girls all took turns savagely removing parts of his body, making frank feel as if he were slowly dissolving away, becoming nothing more than sustenance for these cruel giantesses. Soon, all that was left was his head and tail. Using the meat in the tail, the girl at the head of the table scooped out the meat in franks head and made to eat it all in one large bite. Frank watched as he was brought closer to the girls waiting mouth and gently placed inside the dark and moist cavern onto her slimy tongue. Her teeth ripped right through him as he experienced her molars grinding him into paste, and mixing with her now buttery saliva to be swallowed easily into her awaiting stomach acids. Feeling her swallow, he slipped right down, moving through her throat and dropped down with the remnants of his body, slowly dissolving away to nothing, his consciousness vanishing along with his body after hours of sitting with his body and the chewed up stalks of asparagus.