- Text Size +

Its been over a year since I shrunk. Normally people usually just shrink a few inches but I shrunk down TO a few inches, two inches to be exact. I was on campus at the time, It was my second year and things were finally starting to look up, my job was going good and things with some tinder dates had gone well recently. I had a date with Rose that I never got to go on but I try not to think about all the things I’ve missed out on. I was waiting for some friends on campus when it happened and if it wasn’t in such a public area Id like to think they would’ve helped if they found me like that but I cant really be sure. I had been to the parties where Diminished were let loose on the ground and sold at the bar in shot glasses with accompanying liquor. I never took part though, it was honestly more popular with the female students, especially sororities, you’d see on Instagram basements that were stained red and riddled with bones like some sort of massacre occurred and I guess technically it did. It was jarring the whole process of shrinking. I didn’t even knew I had SDD until it affected me. But I knew I needed to hide fast when I came too after passing out from SDD, it was hard at first but over time I got better and better, there were some close calls but I made it pretty unscathed. I had some help too. In my first few days I thought I was done for, there was too many close encounters with the soles of shoes that I didn’t think I’d ever make it this far but one night I met another Diminished. Sam was her name and she was a little taller than me, but she brought me in with her people. There were 4 of in total and without the others I would have never survived this long. There’s Nick, same two inches as me, a little scruffy looking and cunning as ever. Then there was Sarah, she was an intelligent girl and the largest of us at about four inches tall with beautiful red hair. Finally there was Sam the girl who found me, a beautiful blonde who was really the brains of our group. Sam was always the one finding new places to live, getting us out of dicey situations and planning our scavenging routes. During the year I’ve been with them we’ve moved around several places, there was a really good abandoned bathroom we were in for awhile but they started working on it and we had to leave and now were in an hole behind an outlet, once we got the bottom screw out we were able to slip in and out easily. It’s a fairly nice living arrangement, for a diminished at least, beds from discarded clothing and fabric and a few self-made board games to keep us busy when were not scavenging. Me, Nick, and Sam are heading out tonight to scavenge for more food, its always a dangerous time but we usually get by without issues, this building on campus is dead at night, we only have to worry about the janitor but he’s usually got headphones in and doesn’t pay too much attention.


            We had just left the outlet and the sun was setting. The building we were in didn’t have any classes going on after six, so we usually had a window of opportunity between six and eight when there was no one was in the building. We were sticking close to the walls when we spotted a pop tart in the middle of the hallway. A score like this would feed us for days. The middle of the hallway is risky, but the hallway lights were off, and we hadn’t heard anything for a while. I ran out to it with Nick and Sarah and we all grabbed on and tried moving it back to the wall. It was your basic strawberry pop tart, sometimes I am thankful for college students really just not picking up after themselves. We were about halfway to the wall when I heard it and so did Nick and Sarah. Down the Hallway, two doors away from us the handle clicked, and the door swung open. We all froze in place with out eyes locked on the now ajar door, Sweat was beading off my forehead. Out walked a girl, college age same as us. She had dirty blonde hair that hung down to her lower back, She was stunningly beautiful, her skin was a beautiful shade of tan and her face looked as cruel as it was beautiful. She was wearing white tennis shoes with white athletic socks and a white dress with decorative blue lining. The door shut and the automatic lights came on. Her eyes shot across the hallway and pierced thorough mine. Her face visibly changed to a smile as she stared not at me but through me. I was paralyzed. She started skipping towards us so I dropped the pop tart and bolted, Nick and Sarah followed until a massive white tennis shoe came down right in front of us almost crushing me to death. Now that I was up close, I could see that she had on an Anklet, made of human bones, Diminished bones.