- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I wrote this a while ago, before I had lost my login. I had planned to make it longer, but now I think I'm just going to put it up as a vignette chapter in order to breathe new life (and interest?) into this story.

Steve was thrown unceremoniously onto his side. His shoulder ached. He could feel the rough dirt ground, hear the voices of the men, whose language he could not comprehend, and he smelled the odor of feet.

Steve Putnam was a journalist who had come to Tanna Island following reports of missing tourists to the island. The tourists had gone missing; as had people from nearby islands. The difference had been that no natives seemed to go missing on Tanna Island itself, while on the other islands of the archipelago, the missing people were mostly natives, rather than tourists. The local police were not doing anything about it, so Steve decided that he should have a look himself.

He had left word with his newspaper that he was going to the island, and if he did not check back every 24 hours they should start to get worried. By his reckoning, 24 hours had probably already passed since his last check-in.

He opened his eyes and indeed saw the feet. To his surprise, they were white-skinned female feet. There was also something odd with his vision because the feet had to be very close to him, given that they dominated his field of vision, but his depth-perception, which was coming into focus told him that they were not.

Then, to his greater surprise, he saw another pair of legs with the complexion of the Tanna people, but they were between him and the female feet, but they were much smaller than the feet's legs should have been. He was clearly delirious or intoxicated. He closed his eyes in an attempt to re-boot his senses.

"You're not dreaming," a booming female voice high above him said.

He looked up, and to his fright he saw a huge woman looming over him - the huge woman to whom the feet clearly belonged.

She looked at him as he collected his wits. As he collected them, Steve looked around himself and saw that he was surrounded by Tanna tribespeople - tribespeople his own size - who were looking at him. They were arranged in a circle around him and to either side of the giantess' feet.

"Let me guess," she boomed again, "you came here investigating reports of missing tourists."

He nodded, his mouth too dry and his mind too shocked to speak.

"Well, you've found them," she informed him. "At least, you've discovered where they went. Some of them are still here, in fact."

"Lydia, please step forward."

A white woman stepped forward from between the tribespeople. Through she was dressed in a similar fashion as the tribal women, he recognized her face from the profile of one of the missing tourists. Lydia James. She and her husband had come to the island a month ago and had not been heard from by their relatives.

"Wh'.. where are the others?" Steve finally managed.

"They are within me," the Giantess replied.

He regarded her, not yet comprehending.

"I ate them," she clarified.

"But...?" he croaked, not able to say much more than that.

The giantess looked at Mrs. James and nodded to her, as if instructing the woman to do something. In response, the woman briskly stepped forward and threw herself at the giantess' feet, kissing them passionately. The giantess made the same gesture toward the tribespeople, who also followed suit. Not two seconds later, a mass of people crowded around the giantess' bare feet, struggling with one another for a prime spot at which to worship her.

"They were sacrifices to me," the Giantess explained. "Many of them voluntarily became my food."

"Yes," she replied to his unspoken question, "voluntarily."

"Watch," she commanded.

She then looked down at the throng at her feet and said something in the Tanna language. Many of the people there, including Mrs. James, reached up for the Giantess, seemingly yearning for her to notice them from among the others. She seemed to choose one - a tribesman - and pick him up. The worshipers immediately returned to their worship.

She lifted her chosen worshiper up in front of her face, letting him sit in the palm of her hand. There, he kneeled and genuflected. She then opened her mouth wide and the Tanna man crawled into her mouth. Her mouth closed behind him.

She smiled at Steve, and then leaned her head back and swallowed.