- Text Size +


(The following fragment is transcribed through the PROMPTER system recording from 11:20 am on 08/09/2046 to 11:50 am from Sant Boi de Llobregat, Catalonia, Spain, Europe, Planet Earth. PROMPTER Transcribed descriptions and dialogues, all the actions happened for their later use for educational or artistic purposes, please if you are using or seeing the use of this program without being the owner of the license, notify our NOVA agents on Earth or in Acheron for their intervention, many thanks)


Location: Garden of the Lenoe Romero residence, owned by Gustavo and Joana Lenoe Romero.  


Fiore Lenoe Romero walks hunched in circles around the pool while biting her nails, a sign of nervousness. Her mother Joana watches from her rocking chair in the covered garden area as she drinks lemonade from a commemorative silk-screened glass-

 


Prompter, you don't need to describe everything you are seeing- 


 

User Fiore, you have set me up with the function TotalDescription Scene.



But I didn't think you were going to describe it down to the last detail! It doesn't help me if you describe things like that for example… my mother's glass is a gift from my first older brother's wedding! I only need them to transcribe the actions of my family and their words, I take care of adorning the rest of the narrative with my internal thoughts.



My function TotalDescription has been updated with your prompts, user Fiore.



Good, perfect. I'm going to close my mic again so my words don't get duplicated, okay? Transcribe everything that happens including my words, I know my brothers and I know that if they hear me speak to my bracelet they will start to accuse me of espionage or any nonsense that occurs to them. Reactivate the recording in literary narration mode… now!



Fiore continued her circuit of nervousness and growing doubts about her plan. Memories of the nerves of the day when she confessed her sexuality to her parents flourished within her, the same motivational words from then serving to keep her afloat and not break into tears in front of her mother. The brave and beautiful Fiore clenched both fists knowing that what she was doing was the right thing to do and that whatever decision they made just to propose it was her duty as a member of the family. 


"Honey, do you need a linden or something to calm you down?" Joana asked after approaching the fence that surrounded the pool without her daughter noticing. 


"W ... what? Of course not, mom! IM perfect! Why do you ask?" 


"Because you're sweating almost as much as when you failed a subject in high school and refused to teach us the exam"



"Mother please, I'm not that girl anymore! I am a full-fledged adult, with her bills and duties, her alien wife on another planet and her changing genes that will turn her into something completely different but she will continue to be herself- "


Joana can't stand her daughter's verbiage for another second. , resorting to the reliable and always ready mother's slap to bring her back to reality. A slap that required climbing slightly over the fence to reach the nape of her daughter and that due to her advanced age of almost 70 years was not easy, but a mother would do everything for her children. "Fiore! Enough already! Stop trying to distract me and tell me what happens! " 


"I don't know, mother! You tell me! Did you ... Dad and you talk about my proposal last night? You didn't even let me bring it up at breakfast! "


Joana endured silence for a long 15 seconds, looking away from her huge daughter at a much less interesting garden hedge. "Honey ..."


"It's a no, right? You haven't let me say anything more since last night about this because you think it's stupid, right? "


"You're old enough to act like that, don't you think, darling? God… - ”Joana sighed rubbing her forehead, the sweat slowly falling down her neck. “It's not that easy, you know? I cannot deny that every day that passes your father and I are more afraid for international politics, for the growing conflicts and threats and for the well-being of our family as you said… but you are asking us to abandon our entire life on earth! Your grandparents are buried here, and your great-grandparents and great-great-grandparents! And if Acheron is so wonderful because they are doing nothing to avoid problems here on Earth, huh? "


“Mom, I hate to say it but the dead can't and don't want our future to revolve around them! And you know perfectly well that part of the conditions of the treaty stipulated that the Akken had no right to intervene in terrestrial conflicts without the express request of all those involved. I live in Acheron and I have told you a thousand times how many policies there regret not being able to help humans to overcome the difficulties they experienced tens of thousands of years ago ”


Joana knew that her daughter was partly right in her arguments ... What the hell? Joana was clear that Fiore's plan was the best possible option! All that held her back was the fact that her children and their families did not agree, but above all that her own husband did not want to leave. Doubts began to grow within him under the watchful eye of his beloved and only daughter until the moment when the sound of the garden door slamming open indicated that the love of his life was making an appearance. “Hey Fiore, you who have lived up there all this time… do Akken have a problem with T-shirts with funny messages? Because I have many and if they are going to pose a problem I will need to renew my entire wardrobe for the summer "



"WHAT?!" Joana quickly exclaimed. 


"Does that mean what I think it means, dad ?!" Fiore asked, almost about to cry with joy. 


"If what you are thinking is that most are slightly offensive phrases, it is a resounding yes, they are funny but I cannot deny that they were already offensive when I bought them 10 years ago. Another question ... I know that Akken don't have our concept of gender ... but do they have a concept of race? Because I don't mind hiding being Italian like that time on my honeymoon in New York. I'm talking in the the human racist sense, my head is still well drilled from that time you tried to make us understand the difference between my dear daughter Akken Vell and her family from the other continent!"


Joana left her daughter aside to run next to her husband of more than 50 years, her beloved and stupidly impulsive husband. Her stupidly impulsive husband who did not hesitate for a second to leave Italy when they decided to marry based on the argument of "I would even live on another planet if that means I can give you a better life." Joana never thought that such a beautiful phrase would turn against her. "Gus, my love… are we really going to do it?" 


"You don't want to? We are almost 80 years old and who knows how many before we had real mobility problems, it is now or never! " 


"I know ... and for the record, I'm not especially against ... but our parents are buried here-"


"I loved my parents and my older brothers, my grandparents and my uncles ... but you know as well as I do. that we cannot let the past and those who are no longer here rule our future! " Gustavo argued completely seriously, Joana rolling her eyes as she remembered from whom Fiore had inherited her skills for debate. "The United States, Russia, Israel or China, one of those idiots who is going to declare war any day that they and God know I do not want my family to be involved! If the children agree, I vote to sell the houses, liquidate our pensions and leave this shitty planet before the end of the month! " 


Gustavo was really excited about the idea, any of his actions and gestures served as a faithful mirror to reflect how much the retired old man wanted to leave the earth. Such was the fervor and speed with which he fired question after question at his little girl that none of the three present heard the garden door open again- 



And now I’m back to writing, hello again! Allow me to make a point to formally introduce you to my brothers:


Following the order of birth, we have to start with Albert, the first-born and cold-headed of the family. Albert is ... is ... a meticulous fucking, perfectionist and a pedantic director of the city library (I know that sometimes I call town and other times I refer to this place as a place so I'm going to clarify it, the town where I live whose name I prefer to keep in anonymity it was originally a town next to the city of Sant Boi de Llobregat that after the expansions ended up absorbing us. I grew up here as a town and I feel if sometimes I refer to it as such, I feel any confusion), one of the largest libraries of the region on the other hand.


Don't believe me wrong, I adore my older older brother (that's how he differentiated them when I don't use their names, adding the words older and / or twin) with madness and I would give anything for him or his wife, my childhood friend and math tutor Ana Velas and my dear nephews Cristian and Carla… but Albert has been a toothache since we were little, always believing himself better for being the first-born and for reading a lot of classic books. 


Ok, I will not get stuck as soon as usual, I apologize to all you readers that you have to put up with my usual deviations. Now we have the twins of the family, Alejandro and Alessandro Yep, you read that right, my parents decided to call them by the same name in two different languages. Brother Alex and brother Aless are what I call them to differentiate them, placing special emphasis on the letters. 

My brother Alex may sound familiar to you since he appeared in these memories in the first chapter, shouting and confirming my homosexuality to earn the right to have the best room in the house. Sweet boy, sweet and dumb boy... no, no. I really mean it, Alex is a charming middle-aged man who I know would read this and hate it a lot so I remind him that he is almost 50 years old, specifically 53. I treat them as young because time has passed differently for me ... technically the same as I already explained using a different calendar and the incredibly better quality of life makes my physical state before starting the transition to that of a 30-year-old girl even though I'm 46. 


Aless, on the other hand, is a really good person and his profession as a gym teacher in a Public school proves it, of my brothers Aless has always been my favorite because of how much he took care of me and helped me. Time and fate have unfortunately been more cruel to him than to the rest of us and, I know I repeat myself but it is something that really hurts me, unfortunately he ended inheriting the fragile joints of my paternal grandmother and that has led to him needing to wear an orthopedic cane since 11 years ago. 

Sigh… Alex works as a street sweeper, I had forgotten to mention it earlier. 


Finally, we have to talk about Eric, my most direct brother and that I have also mentioned indirectly before. (If you need help Eric is the best friend of the son of Agent Eric who brought me home from the previous chapter, yep. They are both named Eric, things in life)

Eric is the only one of my brothers who has managed to work at his dream job, and I know it's not fair because his dream job was a pastry chef and that's easier than trying to be a novelist like Albert, a teacher for students with disabilities like Aless or a pharmacist like Alex. But that doesn't mean I'm proud of my brother and his recent promotion to manager of the bakery where he works.


Proud… and a little scared now that I’m gonna ask him to move to Acheron. 


Of my brothers, we have two married in the form of Albert, as I have already mentioned before, and Aless and his wife Yanrinnha (it's written like that, I swear) and my nephew Merist; one with a stable relationship of 11 years in the form of Eric and his partner Olivia ... and finally Alex, who years ago proclaimed himself asexual after not finding satisfaction or love in his last two relationships. 


It may sound strange but I know that Yan and Ana would be more than delighted to come to Acheron, more than anything because they themselves have asked me several times to pass on the necessary documentation. 

The problem and with whom I most have doubts is with my best friend who will require a separate intervention and with my brother Albert ...


I suppose you can imagine it by how Prompter was writing but my brother Albert was listening from the other side of the door, specifically from… I will let you continue reading the transcript. See you again at the end! 



Slowly opening up again, the firstborn Albert enters his parents' garden. The first thing he did was smack his lips to get his parents' attention, followed by opening his eyes and rubbing himself in disbelief of what he was seeing. Planted behind her mother was the "betrayer of humans", her beloved little sister Fiore much younger… and bigger than ever. The idea that it was the real Fiore was hard to believe, Albert looking around to see the active holographic projector generating the image. 


"Older brother!" But there was no projector, none could be so advanced as to replicate the heat in the huge arms that encircled his neck or the tears that fell from the enormous head that covered his entire shoulder.


The choked breath from crying out of the blue that she had so often held and comforted was as real as the wind that rocked the hedges that surrounded the garden. Fiore was real, and she was right here, here on Earth again. "Fi ..." Albert whispered, returning the hug to his sister, confused that he couldn't wrap his hands around her torso. "You are here ..." 


Fiore nodded, relaxing the hug and pulling away slightly so that she could look her older brother in the eye. Albert knew well about the transition his little sister was going through, mainly because he was the one who had asked the most questions and information about it. But not even with all that information would it have been possible to imagine the magnitude of the process since in front of him was not the Fiore that they had seen holographically in the last two decades. 

No, the person in front was a living reflection of Fiore from the day before she left for Acheron in pursuit of the love of her life. And that was unbelievable and downright disturbing on many levels disturbing. 


"Yes ... I'm here ..." The hug lengthened until Anna shouted with joy after her husband, pushing aside mercilessly to hug her young apprentice like many years ago. The two women continued talking uncontrollably, completely removing Albert from the conversation ... although that was not difficult, his mind was still on his father's words that he had heard completely and without a hint of error. And it was something really important to let his wife and sister keep talking about how big Fiore was now. "Fi ... what was dad saying ..."


"We have to wait for the other three to come ... it is something really-"


"I have heard almost everything, Mom continues with the bad habit of not closing the door with a double lock and I only needed to put my fingerprint. Go at the end of the month to where…? " Albert asked, knowing well what his little sister was going to answer him. The idea of r03;r03;leaving Earth was something that his father had commented on more than once over the years ... and that Anna and her own children had also expressed a wish to follow their grandfather. 

But? He still didn't have the right answer, not after so many years of effort struggling to ascend and keep one of the few and most prestigious physical libraries in Spain afloat. Every battle with the cultural conservation association to keep his books, every extra hour picking up or supplying his co-workers ... the idea of r03;r03;parting with all of this to start anew in Acheron was something that he didn’t want to think about, not right now at least.


Anna immediately understood what her husband meant and as it was natural for her it was impossible to contain her emotion. “There is a god, yes! So we're going to Acheron! It's… it's perfect! " Anna screamed with joy as she took her husband's hands. "The kids have only been in the new school for a year so it's the perfect time to move, especially if it means going to Acheron!" 


"Anna ..."


"Imagine, getting rid of all the shit on this planet! Not one more terrorist attack in the news, not a massive corruption scandal first… we will make sure that Cristian does not end up doing military service without having to trust that the government of that time will abolish compulsory conscription! It's almost too perfect to be true! " 


“Anna…” 


“It sounds weird but I would like to try to take this opportunity to get back to teaching. Do you remember in the documentary that Akken universities and institutes were looking for professors of Earth history and culture? Maybe this is a sign to take advantage of my degree in philosophy! - ” 


Fiore stepped ahead of her sister-in-law, grabbing her shoulders from behind and lowering her head to whisper. "I'm one step ahead of you, Ana ..." Ana got nervous. “One of the things I did while preparing everything I needed was to recommend you as a professor of philosophy-earth culture at the institute where I go to give talks on the languages of the Earth. And just to correct you and feel a little smarter than you for a moment the Akken combined what on Earth we consider high school, professional and university studies in a single educational stage ” 


“HAVE YOU HEARD THAT, AL?! God, I've wanted to officially teach for so long! I love teaching our children but would love to start taking advantage of my college years!" 

Albert couldn't answer, everything happening around him was too fast. And things were not going to stop accelerating, especially because if something stood out the family was never going to be late for appointments. 

Ana's happy shouts made the second son of the family and his wife, Aless and Yanrinnha rush to the garden, repeating the encounter with Fiore that Albert had previously felt. The joy, the slight sense of discomfort at her sister's youth, and the exposure to the news of the moving plans. 


Only they were both delighted with the idea. As delighted as Alex and Eric were when they arrived minutes later prepared for a barbecue that no one had said a word about happening, but of course now it was going to be a reality. Seeing how her whole family slowly got used to the idea was not exactly reassuring, especially since her mother also seems to be willing to move after seeing her husband more animated than ever (especially after retiring). 

Albert decided to keep his thoughts to himself for now, until he could talk to his not-so-little sister in private.


 


 

 

Not bad for a first time director, right? I have added much less than I expected, this program that Caedence has sent me is terrifyingly incredible, no wonder Hollywood took so little time to buy this technology from Acheron! As you have seen, it has gone much better than I expected except ... except for Albert. I was already imagining that he and Mom would be the most difficult to convince, so for now everything is going according to plan. 

Including his inviting me to have a few beers by the river tonight like when we were young, his plan is to question me about my motives, no matter how apparent, and pressure me to move Vell and I to Earth even though there are no Akken neighborhoods. here. (The land neighborhoods in Akken are extremely common around embassies and in most cities, if I remember correctly it is estimated that there are a million and a half humans living in Acheron)


I am going to save you the barbecue with my family and the reunion with my nephews and the next day (tomorrow) I will inform you that it has happened ... no! I have a better idea! I cannot take Prompter on a portable basis without preparing the area beforehand and I refuse to leave it abandoned in the river for a few hours, so I am going to record the conversation with my brother so that it is fully transcribed! I don't know if doing this and taking it as an example will help someone who wants to move to Acheron to be able to convince their family but as the popular Spanish saying goes "There is no harm that does not come". 


See you tomorrow! And do not get used to chapters two days in a row, I have many places to visit and a lot of paperwork here on Earth to fill out to take my family!