- Text Size +
Three friends ventured into the forest at the end of a summer's day near the city of Pine Grove, just as they had done almost every weekend for as long as they could remember. The trio consisted of 19 year-old Debra; her 20 year-old best friend Kimberly; and Kimberly's twin brother, Kevin.

"So either of you guys see the new Lord of the Stars movie?  I hear that Darth Morgoth character is pretty badass." Kevin said, lighting his cigarette.

"I haven't. I was recently fired and I haven't had any money to do anything." Kimberly replied.  "What about you, Deb?  Uh,  Debra..."

Kevin and Kimberly looked around and noticed their friend was no longer standing beside them, but had ventured deeper into the shadowy forest. They ran up to her. "Um, Debbie, what are you looking at?" inquired Kimberly.

They all stood there, dumbfounded at the sight of a circle of  devastation in the center of the forest. The ground and all plants within the circle had been neatly flattened, but there were no tracks leading to it or from it. Even some trees had been mysteriously flattened, as if something of enormous weight had descended from above!

"What did this? There is no wreckage or debris. It couldn't have been a plane crash or meteor," said Kevin.

"It must have been a spaceship. Nothing else could have done this. I've seen documentaries on crop circles, and this looks just like one. Let's take a look around; and if we see anything interesting we'll inform the papers," said Debra, pushing her glasses up her nose.

"Right on!" exclaimed Kevin, who rushed towards the circle. A barely audible thud was soon heard and Kevin fell onto his back, clasping his palm to his forehead. "Ughhhh... there is something there, something invisible."

The two girls helped Kevin to his feet and then they all reached out to feel the invisible mass. "There is something there alright. It must be the alien spaceship! Let's look for a door or something that lets us in,"  Debra said excitedly.

"Umm, and what if whoever landed it is still inside? Do we want to get probes shoved up our butts?" said Kimberly.

Debra smiled, and said, "I don't think they'd find anything interesting up our butts, but they might find some new form of life up yours, Kimmy. Besides, Kevin is here to protect us. Lets take a look."

"You guys can look, but I'm going to stay out here, and don't expect me to come to your rescue when you are getting anally assaulted!" Kimberly said, rolling her eyes.

Deb and Kevin began feeling their way around the invisible ship looking for a way inside. It wasn't long until Debra's hand encountered nothing. "Hey! Guys, I found something!"

Kevin and Kimberly stumbled over and watched in amazement as Debra began to move into some sort of portal until she was completely invisible.  "Debra!", they both shouted in unison. "Where are you?"

An astonished voice soon answered: "Holy shit! You guys won't believe what I am seeing in here!"

The two siblings looked at each other and then back to the spot their friend disappeared into. Then Debra's face emerged from the invisible ship. "Are you guys coming in, or what? No one is here."

With a shrug, the two walked into the cloaked vessel. Inside, they beheld a strange alien laboratory filled with devices and objects that boggled the imagination. Another room of the ship was apparently the living quarters of a single individual. Whoever or whatever had sat there must have been a very small entity, because Kimberly attempted to sit there and was nearly unable to free her posterior from its grasp! There was only one other room, and this was apparently some sort control room for the entire ship. Kevin began to snap pictures of everything inside with his cellphone camera. "I bet the news will pay us big bucks for these," he exclaimed.

"Kevin, It would probably be a good idea if we just keep this between the three of us for the time being. Let this be our little secret. Do we all agree?" said Debra.  The siblings nodded in agreement.

"Good. Now, I would guess that whoever owns this ship will be back, so I suggest we take whatever we are going to take and get back before it gets dark. Seeing as how I am the one who discovered the spaceship, I get the first choice on what to take, and I choose this," said Debra, clutching a high tech looking sort of bracelet.

"Come on Deb, you know how much I like Jewelry. Let me have it. I'm sure you can find a nice microscope or something," suggested Kimberly.

"Okay, but it isn't going to fit on your wrists. I have a slender bone structure, but even on me it is a little tight. See for yourself." Debra said, tossing the bracelet to her friend.

Kimberly tried putting it on, but found that her wrists were indeed too big. As she fiddled with the device she accidently hit one of the buttons. Then a holographic image was projected from the device and filled the room in front of their eyes.

"Whoa! Looks like some high tech map of our city," shouted Kevin. "That could prove useful."

"It wouldn't fit your wrist either, numb nuts. I guess Debra gets it", Kimberly said. Then she pushed the button again and the map vanished. Then she returned it to Debra.

Debra was going to keep this for herself, so Kimberly and Kevin scoured the ship in search of something on the ship that might be of interest to them. Kevin came across a strange looking badge that he fixed to his shirt. "Hey guys, check this out. I am Captain Kirk! Beam me up Scotty!" He shouted,  tapping the badge.

Debra and Kevin looked at Kevin just in time to see him disappear. "Kevin! Where are you?" they shouted.

"Umm, I'm right here," Kevin said.

Kimberly looked around the room and couldn't see her brother anywhere. "Holy shit! You're invisible! Let me have that invisibility badge!"

Kevin tapped the badge again and reappeared in front of them. "No way! I can find lots of cool uses for this. For example, I could try it out in the locker room of the ladies gym." He began to laugh.

"You're such a pervert, Kevin. But that is a pretty cool idea... I mean, if we were talking about the men's gym anyway", Debra said, blushing slightly. "But guys, it is getting dark out there and we don't know when whoever or whatever runs this ship will be back, so we better get out of here."

Kevin nodded in agreement, but his sister didn't seem happy about leaving empty-handed. "But I haven't found anything for myself yet," she said.

"Kim, we can try looking around more tomorrow, but right now we'd really better get going," Debra said. "All I have is a stupid map bracelet. Your brother has the cooler gadget so I suggest you both share it."

"Fine," Kim responded.

And with that the three friends departed the ship and headed home. It had by now become very dark, and were it not for the full moon above them they may have become lost. The three of them walked without saying a word until they reached the road that led them home. Then Kimberly broke the silence, "Hey, guys, I have to babysit over at the Johnson's tonight, but I'll be home around 10, or so." Then she turned and headed off in a different direction.

A short time later she turned around to make sure they were out of sight, then she hurried back into the forest. It was very dark now, and she was unable to find the invisible ship, but a strange light glowed softly in the distance. Cautiously she crept towards it. "Looks like Kevin dropped his cellphone, she thought as she picked up the glowing object.

What she found was unlike any cell phone she had ever seen.  She gasped in astonishment with the realization that she was clutching some sort of advanced alien technology. She didn't know what it was, or the great evil it was capable of.  All she could think of right now was that she finally had her own toy to play with, and she was anxious to try it out.