- Text Size +

Chapter 6cd.Bonus: Melt Virus - Even Thumbelina Looks Down

Servant(s): [Alter Ego] Meltryllis


It was over. At least, that was what they thought. But it couldn’t be over. She refused for it to be over.


“We did it, Senpai. We’ve beaten the culprit and obtained the Holy Grail. Now all we have to do is change everyone back.”


That was what the naive Shielder had said. Yes, that was all that was left. With Meltryllis helplessly lying on the ground, they had succeeded. BB held the Master and one hand and the Holy Grail in the other. All he had to do was to touch it and he’d be able to manipulate it to turn things back to normal. 


So that’s what the Master did. He climbed BB’s fingers until he reached her opposite hand where the Grail was. The moment he touched it, he found himself overwhelmed with a near unlimited amount of mana. He closed his eyes and made his wish - a wish to repair all of the damage and undo all of the changes she had done. Then Andersen and Lord El-Melloi would be rescued from the inside of the girl’s stomach as well.


But that wasn’t possible. The battle had yet to end. The celebration was too early. They had not won. She wouldn’t allow it. She wouldn’t let her dream end there. No, she still had some energy left. Something stored away to turn the tides.


“Is that... right...?”


Stab!


“Gahak!”


“BB!” Mashu screamed as a metal spike stabbed into BB in the chest. The Master, his hands still on the grail, opened his eyes to see Meltryllis pressed right against the MoonCancer kouhai. Though the Alter Ego had been separated from the Holy Grail and was breathing heavily, she was still able to muster enough energy for one last attack.


And that one attack was all she needed.


“Meltryllis, please stand down,” Mashu prepared herself for combat again and readied her shield. 


“Did I ever tell you... about my favorite ability...?” Meltryllis gasped, struggling to remain standing on her prosthetic leg while stabbing BB. “Melt Virus [All Drain]... It lets me drain whatever I want... be it organic matter, inorganic matter, and even skills...”


“Ah… So those Casters you absorbed meant you still had some fight left in you, huh? ...BB slipped up,” BB groaned, deducing the meaning behind Meltryllis’s words. She had been caught off guard. They all had.


“Whoa!” Clang!


The Master fell along with the Holy Grail the moment BB lost her grip on it. However, the moment his hands let go of the Holy Grail, it dispersed. His wish became granted. The great fall from BB’s hand became no more than a slight drop when he hit the floor.


“Huh? I’m big again,” the Master was excited, but only for the briefest moment. They were still in danger.


“Senpai!” Mashu was thankful to see her Master in front of her eyes again. She moved to get between him and Meltryllis who was still knee-ing BB with her bladed legs. “Meltryllis, please just give up. It’s over. Senpai and all the other Servants should all be back to normal now.”


Meltryllis, however, was still confident despite wincing in pain. “All you say...? I still have two Servants I’ve eaten and drained… And now that I’ve got BB, here, I don’t think you’re in any place to be negotiating with me, Mashu. And Master, I’ll have you back as a doll soon enough.”


“G-Gyah! That’s sexual harassment!” BB squealed as Meltryllis lifted her spike out of her chest. That wasn’t the only thing she lifted out however.


“Eh? That’s-?!”


[Aurea Poculum: Golden Grail] BB’s counterfeit Grail which she kept in her stored as data in her bosom. She often used the poison in the goblet to attack the enemy, but it was a legitimate power source she had control over. Being her Alter Ego, Meltryllis knew exactly where to search to be able to pull it from BB after impaling her. She was not done yet. Though she did not have much strength left, all she needed was to do one thing and her remaining bit of straight would be more than enough to deal with the intruders of her Digital Sea. 


“BB!” the now normal sized Master was worried about his injured little devil-type kouhai. But he couldn’t move. The moment Meltryllis obtained the Golden Grail, all of them were suddenly enveloped in a ghastly aura. 


“What, are you worried about BB, Senpai? … You’re such a charmer...” BB held her chest tightly. Having the Aurea Poculum removed from her was not only unexpected but not something she would have predicted Meltryllis would have the ability to do. She was enough of a mastermind, however, to recognize just what the Alter Ego was plotting as her last resort. “Mashu, Miss Hassan of the Serenity, you may want to get close together. You wouldn’t want to be separated when she makes use of her id_es… I told you the Last Boss had more than one transformation… this would be Melt’s final form...”


“Final form? You all are the ones who are changing,” Meltryllis chuckled. Now that she had BB’s counterfeit grail in her hand, she had enough strength to use her personal cheat skill on a greater level. The 2 meter diameter circle around her was all she was able to control with the Golden Grail, but it would be more than enough space in just a moment. “Sit tight, Master. Soon, my Melt Virus will bring you all back down to a more manageable size.”


No, it couldn’t be. Just when he had just gotten back to normal size, Meltryllis was planning on shrinking him again. No, she already was, he realized. His, Mashu’s, Serenity’s, and BB’s lines of sight were getting lower and lower.


This was Melt Virus [All Drain]’s true potential. The highest level of energy drain, Meltryllis didn’t just have the ability to absorb energy. From experience to skills to parameters, whatever she wanted could be made hers. Now, she decided to drain their sizes, scaling them down to whatever she saw fit. And boosted by BB’s Aurea Poculum, they simply had to remain in her domain for it to activate.


“I can’t… move…,” the Master found it was helpless to move anything other than his neck as the sadistic doll fanatic continued to grow higher and higher into the sky for him.


From her chest to her waist to her thighs to her steel bladed skates… just how much smaller was she going to make them all?


“Melt Virus - Scale Down,” when Meltryllis spoke, her voice resounded in his ears, like an omnipresent and almighty echo that forced them all to their knees. “Come now, Master. I will welcome you all to the ultimate scale for my dolls!”


And down they went. The Master’s consciousness slowly began to fade as Metryllis rose higher and higher into the sky. 



………

……………


He didn’t know how long it took for him to wake. None of them did.  Melt Virus [All Drain] was a skill belonging only to Meltryllis. The ability to absorb anything into oneself, the sadistic type Alter Ego was capable of gathering unlimited power through her honey (virus poison).  With it, she could drain opponents, copy their experience over to herself, and even scale them down.


[Scale Down], in particular, was what Meltryllis had chosen to do to them in order to realize her dream. After losing the battle and the Holy Grail, this was her last act of desperation to keep power over those she wished to make into her dolls. With what she had been able to drain from BB, she shrunk them all down using most of the mana remaining in BB’s counterfeit grail.


Now, they were awakening in her domain at the size she had wished for.


“Urgh… Senpai… are you okay?” Mashu asked, coming to her senses after the disorienting sense of falling that accompanied Meltryllis’s unique skill.


“M-Master… where are we?” Serenity was wary of the unfamiliar looking location around them. The floor they were on was pure white. As for the sky around them, everything seemed too distant to properly make out . Nothing was recognizable and were simply out of focus blurs even for Mashu’s and Serenity’s sharp eyes as Servants.


However, the Master was more experienced in being small after an entire day. That was not the question he knew they should have been asking. The proper thing to ask was this: Just how small were they?


“Foooooo~!”


WHOOOOOOSH!!!!


“Uwaaah!” “Kyaa!” “Aaaah!” the three of them screamed as they were thrown in the air by a powerful hurricane of hot wind.


“Senpai!”


“Master! I’ve got you!” Serenity grabbed onto him in midair as gravity pulled them back down to the ground.


“Grk!” “Ooof!” “Ow!”


Wham!


They landed with a painful thud of an impact. They had no idea how many meters they had been thrown up in the air by that single gust, but it had been strong enough that they had been powerless against it.


“Fufufufufu~! Was that really all it took? I really should have thought of this earlier.”


“Gah! So loud!” thunderous laughter boomed down from high above causing him, Mashu, and Serenity to cover their ears. It also, however, forced their gazes skyward. Upon looking up, they realized something had appeared there, or rather, had been there the entire time.


An eyeball. The azure blue iris and the black hole of a pupil of Meltryllis’s right eye filled their sky spanning from one end of the sky to the other. For an instant, the color of the sky changed as she blinked, her eyelids swept across the horizon, turning everything the color of her fair skin for a moment. Eyelashes taller than skyscrapers rushed by at breakneck speeds. Then, as quickly as that had happened, the sharp blue eye’s gaze returned.


Just how big was she? No, that was the wrong thing to ask. Just how small were they?


They watched as the overwhelming eye rose up higher and higher into the sky. As it did, the shrunken trio slowly were able to see more of Meltryllis’s face. Even then however, much of it felt out of focus due to how far away it seemed to them. 


“So, Master, how does it feel being at 1:10000 scale?” Meltryllis’s all-encompassing voice asked, knocking them to the ground again just when they had stood up. “Oops. Is my voice too loud? I suppose you all are far too small to even stand against me now, fufufu~!”


“O-One ten thousandth?!” he stuttered. How small was that? Just how miniscule had they made them? He had been 1:100 scale earlier and 1.7 cm tall, but now he was a hundred times even smaller than that...


That meant Meltryllis had shrunk them all to around a tenth of a millimeter tall. The endless white plain they were standing was on one of the tables that Meltryllis indoor water park had by the pool.


“Meltryllis! Stop this! The real grail is gone!” Mashu shouted into the skies. “We’ll be back to normal when you run out of mana. You can’t keep us like this!”


That was right. What Meltryllis was doing was only temporary. She couldn’t just keep them small forever. She didn’t have the mana to do that.


But that was not true.


“How cute. Your pathetic screams are music to my ears, Mashu,” giggled the Servant who could still hear her measly voice due to. “You think this is only temporary? This isn’t a simple wish, and I haven’t rewritten your [Spirit Origins] this time either. I’ve DRAINED you, Mashu. This is permanent. Now that I’ve absorbed your sizes, you’ll permanently be Scaled Down to this pathetic state.”


“What?!” he shouted as Serenity helped prop himself up by allowing him to lean on her. No, it couldn’t be. All of that effort he had used to get back to turn to normal had been rendered moot by Meltryllis’s one cheat skill. Was this it? Was this as far as he could go? To end up a speck in front of a sadistic titanic Meltryllis?


No, there still had to be a way out, the Master believed. He had undone Meltryllis’s influence with the original grail earlier, so that meant the other servants should have gone back to normal. All he had to do was wait until they came, and they would be able to overwhelm Meltryllis. The master was sure they would be able to mount a rescue.


But his confidence was only in the future. It did nothing to protect him from the present, especially when Meltryllis set her sights on him.


“Master… you’re still looking quite composed there,” Meltryllis’s condemning voice sent chills down his spine. Though her gaze contained the entire surrounding plain they were standing on, it seemed as though she was focused solely on him. “Considering you were the one who came up with the plan that was a pain in my rear, I think you deserve an even greater punishment for coming up with that plan.”


A greater punishment? Just what torture did the sadist-type AI have in mind?


“Senpai!” “Master!”


Mashu and Serenity noticed it before he did. Though honestly, he was the one who should have been panicking the most. The moment Meltryllis had finished her sentence, the entire world around the Master began expanding again. She was continuing to drain his size!


“Wai- Wh- Mash- No sto-! Melt!” The Master couldn’t form a proper thought as he felt his body get even weaker and smaller with each passing second.


It honestly felt worst for him to see the world change in front of his very eyes rather than wake up shrunken all at once. Hassan of the Serenity, who had been letting him use her shoulder to stand, looked down on him worriedly as he found he could no longer grab her shoulder. He was no longer even level with it. When Mashu started to approach, he was taken aback as she put her hands on her knees and leaned forward to check on him.


“Oh no! Senpai’s getting even smaller!” Mashu worriedly gasped as his vision was taken up by her swaying breasts in her swimsuit. Even that was not for long though as his line of sight kept dropping. He stopped being able to see Mashu’s and Serenity’s faces as they were blocked by their breasts when he dropped down below their waists. Now under half their size, both girls loomed over him, each of their long legs stretching longer than he was tall. He stumbled into Mashu’s tree of a bare leg when Serenity kneeled down. 


“Master, stay calm,” the assassin tried to reassure him. She grabbed his hands to try and reassure him, but it did not help considering it made his shrinking obvious. Both of her hands covered his completely, and even on her knees, she was above him. That just continued as he dropped below Mashu’s knee level. Serenity had to get on her all fours to continue holding onto his hands without losing balance. By then, he was the size of a doll to her - she only needed two fingers to hold his measly hands.


“Just when is it going to stop?” the Master wanted to know. He could no longer hold Serenity’s hands, for they became far larger than his body as he dropped below their ankles. He was descended down to eye-level with Mashu’s and Serenity’s toes, a height that was familiar to him now after having been at that size compared to them for a few hours now. “Not again...”


And this was when it stopped. He was back to being a hundred times smaller than his two Servants. The only difference now, however, was his actual size. 1 million times smaller than normal size - 1.7 micrometers.


“There. Enjoy living amongst dust and bacteria, my microscopic Master,” Meltryllis’s voice immediately slammed him into the ground. “That should be a more fitting scale for you to live the rest of your life!”


No it wasn’t. He was helpless before and now that helplessness had increased exponentially. Mashu’s and Serenity’s actions as they tried to endure Meltryllis’s voice put him in more immediate danger as Mashu took a step backwards and Serenity took a step forward, stumbling as they put their hands to their ears. He was sent flying by the stomp of Serenity’s foot… right into the place where Mashu was putting hers.


Crunch!


“Wah! Mprk!”


“A-Ah! Sorry, Senpai,” Mashu hurried to peel the microscopic Master off her. He ended up stuck beneath the ball of her foot due to the sweat dripping off of the swimsuit-clad Shielder. He groaned as Mashu peeled his body off her foot like a piece of gum and held him in front of her enormous face. “This is really bad. Senpai’s gotten punier again.”


“I’m glad you understand that now, Mashu, Master,” Meltryllis looked down from the heavens. From what they could make out, she was raising something up with her sleeved hand. “Ah, but don’t worry. I’ll make sure you four will be safe. You will be my precious micro-scale dolls from now on after all.”


“Four?” Mashu repeated the number that was one more than their present number of members at that moment. “W-What happened to BB?”


Meltryllis was expecting that question. “Oh, her? I punished her while you were still figuring things out. Here, take good care of her.”


In order to return BB, the impossibly large Alter Ego stuck her sleeve into her mouth for a moment. After she did, she then pursed her lips over them. A reflective drop hung over the edge of her lip as she hovered her mouth over him.


“Oh no. Ru-” the Master realized they needed to escape, but was cut off when a flood of saliva immediately crashed down upon them.


Splash!


“Uwa-” was all they were about to scream out before they were overtaken by a wave of water. The tiny Master was knocked out of Mashu’s hand when she and Serenity were swept away by the torrent. “Gah. Gasp… Blub… Blarg...”


This was unbelievable. A single drop of spit was now an ocean to him. Meltryllis was beyond gigantic to him now - practically a world in her own right. He could do nothing but float in the endless sea that was no more than a puddle of Meltryllis’s saliva. 


Of course, he wasn’t the only victim.


“Gak… Bleck… Gross. That Melt, when I get back to normal, I’ll give her a full on spanking on that overly-exposed heinie of hers… Who does she think she is trying to eat me?”


It was BB, he realized. Floating the water was an island of white, black, and purple. However, something was different about her, he noticed. Compared to Mashu and Serenity, BB was… smaller...


She was still ten times his own size, though. “Huh? Oh wow. Is that you, Senpai?” the MoonCancer class Servant pulled him out of the water by the collar of his Mystic Code. “I thought I was the one she hated most, but I guess you ended up worse than I did.”


“Any idea how we can stop her?” he asked for ideas from the mastermind-type AI.


“If I had something, I wouldn’t be sopping wet now, would I, Senpai?” the AI frowned. It was not the answer either of them wanted to hear or say. “She didn’t just drain our sizes. She absorbed most of my parameters too. We were lucky enough she didn’t get all of my power or else we’d be a Planck’s length tall by now. Her Scale Down is just that powerful. I should know. I’m the one who came up with that cheat skill in the first place.”


That really wasn’t something to be proud of considering the predicament they were in. They were utterly miniscule under the gaze and grasp of Meltryllis. She was many times the size of even the Primordial Mother compared to them. What could they do?


The answer to that, was nothing. The very water of the ocean surrounding them began to shift. Or rather, rise. Looking up, the Master saw a black sleeve high in the sky twirling around. Like the moon’s gravity, it pulled the ocean of saliva. Meltryllis was controlling the water she had spat out, removing the entire ocean that had nearly drowned him with just a wave of her hand.


He could see Mashu and Serenity a distance away, as exhausted as he and BB were. On the empty plain that was the table they were on, there was nothing else, so it was easy to see them. They too were able to spot them in the distance which was good for the two who had been shrunken even further as neither of them were in any state to cross the distance that was probably a millimeter at normal size.


“Mashu!”


“Senpai?” Mashu heard his voice and turned towards them. “Ah, it’s BB!”


“Ah expected of your other loyal kouhai, she comes running right for you, Senpai,” BB remarked, trying to sound confident, but as Mashu and Serenity approached, he saw her step back when she found she had to look up.


“Uwah. So Meltryllis drained you too?” the swimsuit clad Shielder gasped when she found she was 10 times taller than BB. She bent down to grab the 10 micrometer AI who was the size of a doll to her.


“W-Whoa, hey! BB’s precious goods. Be a little more careful, Mashu,” the AI felt the air squeezed out of her lungs when Mashu’s hand wrapped around her and lifted her up. He, too, was taken along for the right while squeezed tightly in BB’s gloved hand.


“This is really bad…,” the Master frowned. For BB to be rendered helpless as well, Meltryllis was in full control of all of them. Mashu and Serenity were the largest of them at the moment, but that did not matter when they had all been overwhelmed by just a drop of the girl’s spit.


“Fufufu~ Have you all realized how hopeless it is yet?” the Alter Ego’s thunderous voice alerted their attention to the skies. “Even, BB can’t stand against me anymore. And because you’re so small, even without the Holy Grail, thanks to everything I’ve absorbed from, I can still maintain my Digital Sea enough to keep you all in here for as long as I want.”


That couldn’t be. But unfortunately, that was the cold hard truth.


“We have to find a way out of here,” Mashu ground her teeth. “But can we even get away from her?”


They couldn’t. Meltryllis wanted to make that clear to them. 


Slaaaaaam!


“Kyaa!” “Wah!” Mashu and Serenity were knocked down by the meteoric impact of Meltryllis’s chin on the table. 


“Get away, huh? A lot of big talk from someone so small,” giggled the gigantic Alter Ego. “Let’s see if you can really do that then.”


The microscopic Master and his servants turned pale when the Alter Ego suddenly opened her mouth. Meltryllis extended her tongue. A pink Leviathan extended outwards. To the 0.1 mm girls and the even smaller BB and Master, it was a beast large enough to engulf mountains.


The Master could feel Mashu’s body tremble as she held BB and looked up.


“Can you escape my tongue?” she asked.


There was no time to think had to act as the pink destroyer began to move.


“Waaaaaah!” BB was shocked when Mashu dropped her so she could manifest her shield. The AI looked up to see the bespectacled girl bracing herself. “Serenity, please take BB and Senpai. I’ll try to hold her back.”


“Understood,” the Hassan nodded, scooping the MoonCancer AI up.


“Hey! Hold o-!” BB was not happy about being treated roughly, which translated to her squeezing her hand around him more tightly.


“Mfft!” he struggled to breath as BB held him like a rag doll. He could see the gigantic Mashu chanting her oath as Serenity began running away in a last ditch effort to escape. “Mashu!”


“Lord Camelot [Fortress of the Distant Utopia]!”


Mashu brought up her guard - her ultimate defense. The walls of Camelot generated by her shield’s noble phantasm formed just as Meltryllis’s tongue rushed towards her. So long as she was prepared to protect them, she was not going to falter. She would not be moved.


But against someone 10000 times her own height, it did not matter. The floor beneath the steadfast fortress shifted as Meltryllis’s tongue bowled her over without any trace of resistance whatsoever.


“Kya-!” 


“Ma-” The Master wished to call Mashu’s name, but even with the speed of an Assassin carrying him and BB along, Serenity could not get very far on her scale. The speed at which Meltryllis’s tongue swept across the table overtook them before he could even finish saying Mashu’s name. “Uwah!”


“Hya!” “Gyaah!”


This was the end. The tiny Master was back in Meltryllis’s grasp and maw again as he and all of his servants were licked up by the Alter Ego that had drained them of their size. Now he was smaller than ever along with the rest of them who were all stuck to the overwhelmingly gigantic girl’s tongue.


Meltryllis knew that and savored the feeling and the sounds of despair she had heard when she engulfed them with her tongue. She had done it. She had won over them all. Though she could not turn all of Chaldea into her doll paradise, she could still make the Master her personal belonging. She would keep them all inside her until she decided she wanted to play with them again. That much, at least, was enough for the Alter Ego.


“So slow and so small,” she giggled. With a single motion, she pulled her tongue back and gulped. A tsunami of saliva pulled all four of them off her Leviathan-sized tongue and down her throat. 


Meltryllis looked at the destroyed pool that she made her Digital Sea. She was going to have to use BB’s admin powers she absorbed to restructure it to separate it from the outside world. It didn’t matter to her what would happen to Chaldea if the Master was gone. So long as she had her ‘dolls’ in her possession, she would be satisfied.


The Alter Ego’s power-drunk smile grew even wider as she placed her hand on her exposed stomach. “Take your time getting used to your new home, Master. Maybe in the future, I’ll make you even smaller and we can have even more fun.”


With those words said, Meltryllis began rewriting her domain. The indoor pool became shrouded in darkness as she remade it into a little world where she could have fun with her toys until they broke. This was her victory.


[DEAD END]



…….


………...


……………...


“-elt!”


If only that was actually the case. 


“Melt!”


To the girl who had been defeated by the one who could be considered the protagonist, such a GAME OVER ending for the Master could only happen in her dreams.


“Meltryllis, wake up!”


“Huh?!”


The Alter Ego bolted up straight, finding herself lying in an infirmary bed. This was what reality actually was for her. Her defeat had been the truth. Her victory had been nothing but a daydream.









Chapter End Notes:

Notes:

Melt Virus [All Drain] - Melt’s cheat id_es skill to drain parameters and infect/restructure things. This includes scaling things down to smaller sizes.

[Aurea Poculum: Golden Grail] - The chalice BB uses in the extra attack is an amazing thing in the CCC game and ghastly powerful so it is a good power source.

[DEAD END]/Bonus Chapter title - There was originally an idea for the end of the main story where Andersen would have to save the day using his Thumbelina story but that was scrapped.


~For Fun~


Current Location: [My Room - Meltryllis’ Dream]


Challenge Boss:

1 Wave

Opponent: [Alter Ego] Meltryllis

HP: 2 Break Bars (200,000 HP for first, 300,000 for the next, 400,000 for the last)

Initial Buff: [Melt Virus - All Drain] - Decrease [Defense] to all (even in backline) (3 turns). And reduce [Max HP] by half. (Unremovable)

1st Break Bar: [Melt Virus - Smaller and Smaller] - Decrease [Attack] to all (even in backline) (3 turns). Clear buffs from all enemies (even in backline).

2nd Break Bar: [Melt Virus - Scale Down to a Planck’s Length] - Reduce Max HP by 100,000 (to 1 if not high enough). (10 turns) (Removable).

Skills: [Grail Sadistic Injection] - Increase [Attack] (3 turns). Apply [Evade] (1 turn).

Skills: [Sorry. You’re too Puny!] - Next attack will hit all targets

NP (Mouth): 4 turn charge. [Goddess’s Punishment] - Apply [Sure Hit]. Deal Severe Defense ignoring damage to all enemies. 


Reward: Crystallized Lore