- Text Size +

Chapter 6.5: Model Guardian - The Witch and the Saint

Servant(s): [Ruler] Saint Martha (Swimsuit Ruler), [Foreigner] Abigail Williams


When it came to appropriate responses to threats to Chaldea, the staff and Servants stationed there were a flexible, adaptable, and strong willed bunch. From Christmas hijinks to Valentine’s incidents to GudaGuda’s insanity, there were numerous trials and tribulations the residents of Chaldea had gotten used to. 


Even with all [males] in Chaldea shrunken down to 1/100 their original size, an appropriate response to the incident had been developed shortly after its occurrence.


“An entire miniature town made as our temporary base… That Caster lady and her younger self have really outdone themselves,” whistled one of the victims, the gruff and rough Beowulf.


“At least this gives us a place to rest up for a spell,” the blonde cowboy Billy the Kid sighed a breath of relief. He shivered recalling his experience. “I didn’t think that that pirate pair would start acting up… Mary was a bit scary there...”


“Hm… That old fox… she certainly is the resourceful type. And seeing her willing to cooperate with her younger self to build this for us… they can both be rather cute, can’t they?” chuckled the long haired samurai who was with them.


Sasaki Kojiro was well aware of the power and hobbies of the Caster-class servant known as Medea. A powerful witch from the Age of Gods, she had quite the hobby. No doubt these had already been prepared by her in her free time for fun. With the incident, she and Medea Lily reworked and rescaled them to pose as a makeshift residence for the other shrunken victims.


He was much appreciative of the presently giant female servants who had gone out of their way to create a safe refuge for everyone in the recreation room. From a distance, it would certainly look as though they were all surrounding a model city. Truthfully, that was exactly what it was, but Medea’s attention to detail provided a hospitable residence while they awaited more news.


“So what do you reckon we do now? While I’m darn sure Master’ll be needin’ our help, the ladies’ll be better suited for that job at the moment,” Billy asked as he looked around the town area. “And from the looks of it, there are more non-combatant here than I thought.”


“I’m with you there. I am worried about Master, but there ain’t nothin’ we can do right now when we don’t know where he is. Just leave the searchin’ to them,” Beowulf agreed. “‘Sides, this place needs some extra protection considering a lot of the tougher guys look like they’ve been thrown through the wringer. We might as well stay here.”


“Well that works for me too. The red Archer got brought here by his little sisters, so we can at least finally get some grub. He looked drained, but he was puttin’ his stress to good use and cookin’ up a storm when he was given the ingredients.”


“Really? Hope there’s some good booze around too. I think a lot of us are in need of it ‘round now. Hey, Samurai, are you joinin’ us?”


“I’m afraid I’ll have to decline that offer. You go on ahead, Sir Beowulf. Before you arrived here, I had already arranged a meeting elsewhere,” the swordsman shook his head and left the two Servants he had been conversing with in the center of the model city.


Indeed, Sasaki Kojiro had his own priorities over simply making due with their current status. Though he had been taken unawares by the sudden incident earlier that morning, some time had passed since then and he had gotten accustomed to it. He was more than willing to use his strength and agility as a Servant to leap to the highest building in the model city. Up there atop the miniature clock tower, he had a better vantage point.


In the center of the large Chaldea recreation room was the miniature town at 1:100 scale. Any equipment and objects nearby had been pushed away and around the miniature itself was a barrier. This was a necessity considering the size of the model and everyone inside it. It had been crafted by a number of the female servants to ensure the safety of the shrunken staff, researchers, and male servants. While some of the male servants were capable of defending themselves, a number of them needed time to fully recover after running into some of the influenced female Servants.


“Sir Geronimo, have you finished your observations on the barrier?” the samurai asked the Native American Servant.


This was the person he had arranged a meeting with. A servant capable of getting an understanding of the mystical barrier protecting the city, Geronimo had been atop the highest point looking into the gem affixed at the tip of the clock tower.


“Ah. Is your meeting over?” Geronimo turned around to Kojiro. “And to answer your question, yes. It appears to be of quite the skillful design. I believe you would call those scientists called it a [Bounded Field] built for protection. Both Miss Medeas, Madame Blavatsky, and Miss Da Vinci have made something suitable for its purpose.”


So it was a collaborative work. If that was the case, he held some hope for the sake of the little town’s shrunken residents.


But Geronimo wasn’t too sure about that.


“It would still be best to be wary, my friend,” he advised. “Though I was able to evade all of the dangers on my way here, at a moment’s notice, we may be swept up in further troubles. I believe the one called Blackbeard called it… an event flag?”


“Then I suppose that means I have another gate to guard,” Kojiro took the advice, but untensed his muscles as he gave the other man a bemused smile. There was something about gatekeeping that he seemed to have an affinity with. “I’ve heard from conversing with the new arrivals that there something is beginning to influence the ladies as well. It appears they have been behaving strangely. Though some Servants have had the power to break free, a number succumbed to it and began acting more aggressively around those who were shrunk down.”


Hearing that the Native American servant frowned. “That is… unfortunate to hear. I would hope our current guard will not be affected by such an evil, then.”


Looking out in the distance, the swordsman noted the presence of the lone giant girl sitting in the recreation room. There was only one normal sized individual present because the remaining female Servants who weren’t as influenced by the incident were out searching for stragglers. He felt it was a poor idea to have only one person watch the model city, but he felt that in a previous summoning he had done something similar before.


Now who was their guard?


Seated in a folding chair smiling happily as she hugged her stuffed bear was a blonde girl clad in black. Though an innocent looking girl, she was quite capable when she was serious. It was quite the feat to make it so that no Berserker class Servant dared to trouble her. 


Abigail Williams - the Silver Key. The pure young girl Master had summoned was certainly not one anyone would have expected to be assigned to guard the refuge, but there she was, kicking her feet up and down while looking down at the miniature town with a bright smile on her face. 


“Hmm~~ Hm~~ Teeheehee~!” the girl was humming and giggling while talking to her stuffed bear.  “Isn’t this neat Yugo? Miss Da Vinci trusted us enough to protect the town. I guess I’ve been a good girl lately, haven’t I?”


It was a little heartwarming to see Abigail so bright-eyed about being trusted. Considering there was occasionally an ominous presence surrounding her that made some Servants wary, she had been having trouble getting along with a number of the Chaldean servants outside of the child Servant’s circle with Jack the Ripper.


“She’s quite the enthusiastic lass,” Kojiro respected the girl’s attitude. “Nothing has happened so far for her presence to be necessary. At least she has been fairly responsible by being willing to keep her distance.”


Geronimo nodded. “Abigail has been working hard to get acquainted with others in Chaldea. Compared to a number of the other Servants among those who were available, she is a reasonable choice.”


At those words, the Assassin-class Servant smirked. “I recall she’s still hesitant to approach you. For Sir Geronimo to have such an optimistic opinion of her as well… her efforts must be noteworthy.”


Sitting down and simply watching the barrier protected town was not the only job Abigail had, however.


Slam!


“Wah!” Abigail jumped when the door to the recreation room slammed open. Hers as well as Kojiro’s and Geronimo’s attentions turned in the direction of the noise. What they were able to see was a purple haired servant with a frustrated look on her face.


“Hm…? That is...” Geronimo took a moment to recognize the newcomer.


Kojiro, however, knew just who it was immediately. For a moment, his hand reached for his blade - his craving for a match against a strong opponent was always triggered whenever he was around her. “Well, it looks as though Lady Martha has made an appearance.”


Saint Martha clad in her swimsuit, the Saint of the Waterside - With a frustrated pout on her face, the violet haired saint clad in a black swimsuit and red jacket scanned the recreation room while standing at the door. She seemed to be looking for somebody but was failing at finding them. She clenched her fist tightly to the point where it looked to be ready to fly into the closest person’s face at a moment’s notice.


“S-Saint Martha?” the innocent girl stuttered.


When she noticed the shocked girl in the middle of the room, however, immediately pulled her head back and rushed to change her expression. “A-Ah, um… Abigail, was it? My apologies if I frightened you. Have you seen BB around? I’ve been looking all over for her.”


It seemed she was unable to capture the troublemaker called BB despite chasing her around the halls. BB was a likely culprit for the incident, the swordsman was aware. If Martha had been out looking for her while clad in her swimsuit, she must have done something problematic that required a ‘lecture’ from the heavy-handed holy woman in Swimsuit Ruler mode. Having the prankster AI slip out of her grasp must have annoyed her.


“Heh. Once in a while, even Lady Martha can make such an expression,” the swordsman was somewhat amused at how quickly the saint cleaned up her act. He preferred her more natural state which resorted to violence as the first and best option, though she was always making an effort to conceal such a personality. 


In any case, Abigail was set to do her duty as she stood up and got between the miniature town and the Swimsuit Ruler before she replied. “Miss BB? No, I haven’t seen her all day. Miss Da Vinci only asked me to keep an eye on everyone they found.”


“Everyone?” Martha was confused. She had been searching for BB for so long, she hadn’t been told of what the other Servants had been doing.


“Oh, you weren’t told? Um… How do I explain this then...” the Foreigner class servant was surprised the holy woman was unaware. She did her best to properly tell her. As she did, the Swimsuit Ruler closed the door to the recreation room and got closer. The two female Servants got closer to the miniature town so that the saint could see for herself.


Geronimo took a step back when the shadows of both of them approached. Even on top of the clock tower, there was still a distance to go to get to either Abigail’s or Martha’s knees. The two female servant’s loomed over the town as Abigail explained out what the Medeas had made and pointed out the shrunken males they had found and gathered there. He was more than a little nervous.


On the other hand, the sword user did not change his expression one bit as he stared up. His focus was on the swimsuit servant as his gaze went up her long legs that stretched up to her black swimsuit bottom. He was not looking at the woman obscenely. The sheer power she held normally had been accentuated by her size. Her well-polished figure from her legs to her arms to her stomach muscles were all finely toned. Though he was often desired testing his mettle against Tarasque more than Martha herself, he had to admit the Saint’s strength was something he wanted to challenge in his current state, as foolish as it sounded.


“So a lot of the men are in here? This Bounded Field… will it be alright on its own?” ” Martha was astonished as she inspected the town. Slowly the saint lowered herself, bending her knees until they were on the floor. Even then, the town’s buildings were dwarfed by her thighs as they pressed against each other. Her gaze fell upon the tallest building. “Hm…?”


“Is something wrong, Saint Martha?”


“It looks like she’s spotted us,” remarked the cautious Geronimo, readying himself to leave in case anything went awry.


The saint got down on all fours so that she could lower her head further. Their vision was taken up by the violet haired Ruler’s face. “What are you two doing up here?”


When she spoke so closely, the two were assaulted by the woman’s hot breath. A mighty gale caused Geronimo to put his arm in front of his face to block the gust. The samurai on the other hand remained unmoved and unintimidated as the humid air blew his caused his tied hair to whip around roughly.


“Well now… How are you doing, Lady Martha? You seem to be well enough to traipse around in such exposed casual garb,” waved Kojiro. His words were heard by the giant woman 100 times their size, but he paid no mind.


“... You are certainly a lionhearted man,” Geronimo was impressed at his ally’s calm demeanor. While most other Servants would be defensive in the face of a giant opponent, the swordsman but he still acted as he normally would around her.


“Geh...” it seemed Martha felt the same when she realized who she was looking at.


“Who’s on the building?” Abigail asked.


“Well… Geronimo and that swallow killing assassin,” not naming the swordsman was her way of showing her slight disdain for the man who always pestered her to bring out Tarasque.


“Eh? Mister Geronimo?” Abigail’s priority was on the named Servant. She was nervous upon hearing his name, but upon remembering that the males were all much smaller, she grew a little curious. She slowly sat down as well so she could get a better look. “Uwah… It really is! What are you doing there, Mister Geronimo? Are you checking on the barrier?”


So she could talk to him more easily when he was in this state. While that was nice to know, he nodded and tried to confirm with the giant Foreigner class girl as best as he could at his current size by using his whole body to gesture to her that he was checking the barrier.


The sight of the tiny man moving about made the girl giggle. She actually was able to understand him as well. “Teehee… I see. Thank you for doing your best!”


For a moment, Abigail’s hand started to descend. The speed at which it nearly came down on the clock tower was alarmingly quick - as rapid as one of Cu Chulainn's speedy dashes. 


“Huh?” “Oh.”


Even if they wanted to evade, neither Servant had the time to react. The entire top of the tower was engulfed in the young girl’s long black sleeves in an instant. Her instinct was to pat them on the head like a pet and its owner. Though she was gentle, the entire sleeve covered hand covered the top of the clock tower. 


It took Abigail ten seconds before she caught herself.


“A-Ah. That’s not good. For some reason, I just wanted to do that,” the girl pulled back, flustered. She wasn’t sure why that had been the first idea to pop into her head, and she was apologetic for having done it. When she looked back down at the tower, though, she was surprised to see neither Servant there. “Huh?”


“Abigail, your hand,” Saint Martha pointed out. On the girl’s hand was one of the two - Geronimo. Having been pressed down by the young girl’s hand, he found himself stuck to it and brought up along with it when she removed it from the clock tower.


“Well, if this isn’t a dangerous height,” the Apache Tribe Leader remained calm, but tried keeping his focus more on Abigail’s face than the distant floor below.


“M-Mister Geronimo!” Abigail was shocked to have the man in her hands. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me.”


He hoped it was just an act of whimsy instead of what had been going on to a number of the other servants. It did not seem as though Abigail was acting strangely at least. In fact, Abigail’s earnest and compassionate behavior told her she was far from it. He very much appreciated this and tried to let the girl know with more gestures and body movements.


Abigail smiled seeing that he seemed to have forgiven her. “Awww… Thank you, Mister Geronimo. I’m sorry for being so scared to talk to you before. You’re a very nice person.”


Abigail let her sleeve slip down her other arm to expose her fingers. With her free hand, she slowly brought it over to the hand which held Geronimo. She did not touch him, but she used it to compare his less than 2 cm height with her fingers. It surprised her that he was less than half the size of her pointer finger.


It seemed the Caster’s current height made him less intimidating to the young girl now - enough to speak to. Kojiro smiled from where he stood on the roof of the next highest building in the miniature. As an assassin with [Mind’s Eye (Fake)], he had been able to evade Abigail at the very last moment. His D-rank [Presence Concealment] also helped him do so stealthily.


It did not, however, properly hide him from the enormous saint. 


“Grk!”


Without warning, the purple haired Servant grabbed the swordsman by his hakama between her fingers. Unlike with the hesitant Abigail, Martha did not allow the man to evade again. She snatched him up aggressively and held him in front of her face as she got back up.


“Well, I should’ve expected you’d be here nice and safe as well,” Martha shook her head.


“Heh,” despite his mistreatment, he chuckled. “I’m flattered to be remembered so fondly, Lady Martha.”


Seeing him so relaxed, Martha frowned. “Always so poised and confident. How do you do it? I could easily just squish you like a bug you know?” 


She spoke out of concern though, and not a threat. She was a saint who tried her best to keep up that appearance despite how she often treated the dragon she sent flying and punched often. And even if she actually were threatening him, he was willing to endure such a trial. It would make good training. The nameless warrior’s personality frustrated the straight-laced Martha very often.


Abigail was worried because of the Saint’s words, though.


“U-Um… Saint Martha, you wouldn’t really do that, would you?”


“Huh?” Realizing she had accidentally slipped out of her saintly personality in front of the innocent Servant again, Martha doubled back and tried to regain her kind expression. “N-No. I wouldn’t do that at all, Abigail. I was just worried, that’s all. It’s dangerous to be moving around so much at the moment.”


Though she said that, she started swinging the shrunken Servant up and down with her hand as she gestured with her hands while talking to Abigail. It was admittedly nauseating but the swordsman was able to endure it. 


“Well… I appreciate having trained my inner ear beforehand...” he mumbled, wincing slightly but more or less fine and well.


Martha lowered him back down to the town with a sigh. She didn’t want to take a step further into the miniature, but she moved to place her hand on the building adjacent to where she had placed Sasaki. Her fingers pinched it and tried lifting it up. To her surprise, she couldn’t remove it from the floor. In fact, she couldn’t even shake it, as though it was glued tightly to the floor itself. “Hm… I thought the Bounded FIeld seemed flimsy because I could hardly feel it, but it’s sturdier than I thought.”


“Yes. Miss Da Vinci and the others who made it said it’d be fine as long as nobody was outside of the buildings,” Abigail nodded. She held Geronimo in front of her stuffed bear so he was given a plush wall to rest his head against while she spoke to the saint. “She told me all I needed to do was keep an eye on the town and explain things to anyone coming in like you, Saint Martha.”


“Well you’ve done a good job,” Martha smiled, complimenting the hard working Foreigner girl. She reached to pat the girl on the head, but before she was able to, she found something peculiar: her hand was trembling. “Huh?”


“... Saint Martha?” Abigail was confused, but immediately after she finished her sentence, she noticed something was off. The intensity of the purple haired saint’s blue eyes changed.


This was a worrying sight to all the servants in the miniature town. Saint Martha falling under the influence of whatever was going on. While they would have gotten more defensive, there were Chaldean staff members to protect as well. So the best option was honestly to remain indoors.


The swimsuit-clad Servant Martha stumbled forward, onto the town itself. Her sandals, taller than small houses themselves, landed on three miniature homes. If it weren’t for the protective wards, they would have been flattened.


That itself was another problem, however.


“Uwaa!” 


Crash!


As the structures were all fixed to the ground, they were a lot more like solid rocks. Martha’s sandal rammed into the next set of houses hard but were stopped. She tripped out of her sandals, falling directly onto the buildings in the miniature town.


“Grk…! Whoa! That was a close one!” bellowed the closest victim to being crushed by the Swimsuit Ruler’s breasts as they smothered a number of town buildings. It was the blond Billy the Kid who had been nearly knocked to the ground by the weight of the saint. “Emiya! Make sure everyone stays inside. They can just keep eating. Every other servant, make sure the staff stay safe and indoors.” 


Kojiro leapt from the ground to the rooftop of a house to Martha’s thigh and then up to the clock tower that was between them. He was able to see that the saint had fallen onto over half of the miniature. “Quite the clumsy one, isn’t she?”


“S-Saint Martha, are you alright?” stuttered a concerned Abigail. She rushed over, stepping into the town, her black shoes taking up an entire street.


“I’m… fine…,” the saint struggled to reply as she tried standing up. Her head was aching enough that the best she could do was turn herself over and sit up. In doing so, her leg raised over the clock tower the Assassin-class servant was on.


“Oh… Well, this is quite the sight…,” the swordsman whistled. Saint Martha pulled her legs back and off the ground so that only her butt was on the ground, atop dozens of miniature houses. The shrunken victims inside were lost in her shadow as the heat from her body poured down from her toned rear into the street below. Her swimsuit dug into the set of buildings behind her. “Heh… I’m aware of a number of men who would charmed by such a scandalous position.”


“Awawa...” Abigail was a little flustered stumbling through the model town, trying to make sure not to hit anything. It was an impossible task as her feet filled the streets, knocking into house after house. “I’m sorry, everyone. Saint Martha, please stand up. You’re crushing them.”


“Crushing?” Instead of taking Abigail’s hand, the saint looked around at the miniature medieval-style town which she suddenly realized she had fallen onto. She could feel a number of structures beneath her rear, poking against her black bikini bottom. Immediately, she moved to close up her legs. In doing so, she rattled a number of small houses with her long bare legs when they struck against the walls of the buildings. “Kyah!”


To hear the usually composed and occasionally brash saint scream such a flustered feminine cry was amusing to the Assassin-class Servant. Though he understood that the collateral damage to the miniature could possibly frighten some of the more vulnerable staff and Servants, being able to have a full view of the embarrassed Martha made the Servant wish he had some sake with him to enjoy the sight further.


Martha seemed to be fairly healthy in any case. Though she had taken a fall, her holy maiden had a [Natural Body (Sea)]. She recovered from the scuffs caused by her sudden plummet into the city quickly and strengthened her resistance at the same time.


It was a shame, however, that she hadn’t raised her immunity earlier. When the Saint of the Waterside calmed down, her vision narrowed to the top of the clock tower building again. Her eyes glazed over the moment she spotted the swordsman.


“Saint Martha? Are you sure, you’re okay?”


“Laughing are you…?” a low mumble escaped the swimsuit Ruler’s mouth.


“This is...,” Recognizing the successful influence on the woman before anyone else, Geronimo grew alert. “Abigail, you will have to stop her. She was unable to resist and has lost herself.”


But she was unable to hear the miniscule servant’s voice as she pressed him further into her stuffed doll while she nervously tried to figure out what to do.


The brawling Ruler did not give the Foreigner girl any time to come up with an answer though as her leg sprung forward. Her barefoot slammed straight into the clock tower, her toes curling over the top of the structure where Kojiro was. The saintess was red in the face - angry and embarrassed  at being seen in such an embarrassing state so she aimed to take her anger out on one of the servants that constantly irked her.


The Assassin was quick enough to hop off the structure before she was smashed by her toes or feet, landing on the ground safely.


“Tch,” the saint clicked her tongue. She stood up on her own, keeping her eyes to the ground as she surveyed the miniature town’s streets for the Assassin-class Servant. She raised her foot high. “Get back here you coward...”


“Well, it looks like Lady Martha’s fallen under that absurd spell as well,” a smile formed on the swordsman’s face as he prepared his sword. He was always hungry for a fight. Even when against the odds such as facing a young woman 100 times his own size, Sasaki Kojiro was steadfast beneath the shadow of her barefoot. “Now this will be a challenge to remember.”


Quite honestly, there was very little need for the dark influencing pushing her at all. As for Saint Martha, fueled by her embarrassed rage, she was thinking of nothing more than teaching the cocky swordsman a lesson. Considering his stature, the only idea on her mind to do that would be to stomp on him.


“Wait! Saint Martha, don’t!” Abigail was too late to shout as the woman’s foot descended.


Whaaaaam!


“Grk!”


Slamming down hard into the streets of the miniature town below, the punching saint’s right foot crashed into the miniature’s empty streets. The Chaldea staff inside could feel the powerful earthquake caused by the force of the saint’s step. Despite being protected by the Bounded Field, the force was enough to shake the inside of the buildings. She was not aiming to simply pin him down. She was using her full force against Kojiro who had successfully jumped a great distance back using the shockwave of her stomp. He hadn’t avoided the impact completely as the wind force alone was enough to actually hurt him, but he had still dodged out of the way.


That great distance was but a step away for the giant saint however as she took another step forward to stomp down on him. To the Servant’s surprise, her speed far surpassed his own reaction time. Before he even landed, her foot was already on its way down.


“Not yet…,” the swordsman was not defeated yet. In an instant, he turned while in mid-air. Before hitting the ground, his feet landed on the side of the building he was falling next to. He then swung his sword.


“Tsubame Gaeshi [Swallow Reversal]!”


The peerless swordsman’s secret technique, three simultaneous sword slashes capable of bending reality itself, the Tsubame Gaeshi was the technique Sasaki Kojiro was known for. Amongst the Servants, he had become a Legend for that swordplay and skill that came with mastering the technique and slaying countless beasts and dragons for the sake of his Master. The man’s godlike skill embodied Infinity.


And Infinity meant limitless potential and applications. With his skill, Kojiro’s slash cut a hole through the Bounded Field, allowing him to break through the window of one of the homes so he could pull himself inside. He succeeded not a moment too soon as the second he got to safety, the saint’s barefoot slammed down, completely filling up the street he was about to fall down to. The light from the window became blocked out completely while a powerful gust with the smell of feet, sweat, and the sea rushed into his shelter, knocking him into the wall hard.


“Oof… Her blows possess much more force than I had anticipated…,” the samurai was surprised he was so winded. “This is indeed worthy as a high-stakes training trial.”


Though remaining in the shelter would be the safest option, that was not on the Assassin class Servant’s mind at all. The sheer power of Saint Martha’s stomps was enough to make a normal man cower, but just realizing he was only the size of her largest toe made the man desire to face her. Wyverns could be dwarfed by dragons but Saint Martha was currently a cut above them all. He left the safety of the house immediately after the saint lifted her foot.


“Grr… How did you even make it out?” grumbled Martha. “I’ll give you the worst scolding I can give when I catch you, you bumpkin samurai!”


The rampage of Saint Martha continued as the less than 2 cm tall Servant continued to try avoiding the meteoric foot falls of the enormous swimsuit-clad Ruler. She was not holding back when it came to the swordsman.


“He’s leading her out of the town...” Geronimo noticed. Whether or not this was intentional, the end result of the chase was Saint Martha stomping away from the miniature model. For even one called a holy maiden to be influenced by such an influence that darkened her spirit, whatever force was endangering them did not discriminate.


That made the small Caster worry considering he was currently held in place by another giant. Abigail was watching the sight of the holy woman trying to stomp Kojiro under her barefoot like an insect wordlessly.


“That looks fun…,” he heard her mumble. Such a statement was concerning. His body was jerked when the blonde Servant started moving.


Down below in the town, the shrunken victims down below were greeted by the black sole of Abigail’s shoe. The heel of her foot slammed into the ground hard, knocking down Beowulf who had peeked outside to survey what was going on. He turned around to see her hovering; the rest of her foot rose up over the small houses and the central square of the town.


“Oof… That hurt… Huh? Whoa there, Missy! Hold on now!” The sane Berserker was well aware of the class difference between them.


Of course, Abigail did not hear the man who was directly below her foot. She was able to feel first-hand what stepping on the miniature buildings was like. Though they were solid due to the various Caster Servants’ efforts, just being able to put her foot over something shaped like a house was amazing. “Wow… The buildings really are strong. This is even more like a toy set than I thought.”


This was a dangerous predicament. If even their guard had fallen to the influence, the mastermind must have been gaining even more power. Just what was happening at the scene of the crime? Were Abigail to begin playing around with the town like a toy set as she had mentioned, the safety of the shrunken Chaldea staff members was in jeopardy.


There was no other choice for Geronimo. He had to communicate with her to see if he could snap the girl out of it.


“In that case, let’s try this,” the Caster shut his eyes and let his muscles relax until they went limp. “Doing this in my current state is dangerous, but it may succeed...”


Focusing his mana as a Servant, the Caster’s body began to be surrounded in a blue aura. [Shamanism], being able to use this power as a Servant strengthened him and his ability as a Caster. With it, he could attempt to communicate to Abigail’s spirit and try to unlock her consciousness from the spell.


‘Abigail… Abigail...’


“Huh?” a voice suddenly entered the girl’s mind. She looked around, confused. “That voice… Was that Mister Geronimo?”


The girl was surprisingly lucid and responded to him more easily than he had expected. ‘Are you okay? You mustn’t act like that person you call a holy woman. You don’t want to endanger the staff, do you?’


“No. Not at all. I’m sorry, Mister Geronimo,” the girl apologized. “I was just curious. It really did look fun… Oh, I was being a bad girl, wasn’t I?”


Was she not affected by the mind-overwriting influence? Well, he supposed the [Madness] that came with the Foreigner class was more overwhelming that whatever had been influencing the other Servants. This must have been why Da Vinci had let her watch over the model town.


‘No. You haven’t been a bad girl at all,’ the Caster kindly tried to reassure her. ‘Rather, you are one of the few who can manage to deal with anyone who has gone… as you say… bad. Even compared to that saint over there.’


Abigail’s eyes widened. Being praised alone made the young girl happy, but to be compared to a saint, she didn’t know what to think. There was a feeling of elation that filled her heart.


“Hey! Stop running already, you toothpick-wielding bug!” Suddenly, a loud shout snapped both the Foreigner and the Caster out of their conversation and trance. Turning her head, Abigail saw Martha heading towards the town again. Kojiro had led her back while attempting to evade her.


“Wait! Stopstopstopstop!” she realized the danger the frenzied holy maiden was causing to the shrunken people down below. She stepped forward to try to hold Martha back and push her away. “Saint Martha, please don’t get any closer than here!”


“H-hey, Abigail! Cut that out!” The purple haired Servant was more of a Berserker than a Ruler, but she did not have the weakness to Abigail like those Berserker’s had. To the young girl’s dismay, the Swimsuit clad woman was not gentle. She broke free from the Foreigner girl, causing her to fall back onto the miniature itself with a heavy thud.


“Kyaa!” cried the girl when her butt hit the central square of the town hard. She bounced once before landing directly atop the structure where Billy the Kid was guarding the staff who had been with Emiya.


“Uwoah! The roof would normally be caving in right now. Hey Babbage, you got any way to reinforce this in case it crumbles?” the blonde was not confident in the Bounded Field when the weight of a young girl who was now 100 times larger was literally atop their building. Though the structure was supposed to be solid, he swore he could hear the strain on the walls and pillars.


“Ouch… Ouch… Ouch…,” Abigail rubbed her butt before noticing she had fallen right into the center of the miniature. “Uwah… I’m sorry, everyone. Are you alright?”


Geronimo had also fallen back onto the ground right by her stuffed animal, Yugo. The man was safe but she nearly didn’t see him when he was like an ant right by her shin. ‘Abigail, are you hurt?’ he asked, concerned. 


The answer was painfully obvious though. He had heard tale from his Master before that stepping on small block toys could be considered one of the greater levels of pain. If Abigail had landed with her full weight atop of the Bounded Field strengthened houses, it must have hurt.


The anger possessed Martha did not seem to be concerned about the girl’s safety, however. She was too wrapped up in chasing after the shrunken swordsman to even notice. The man in question was apologetic as he dashed away.


“My apologies, Miss Abigail…,” he spoke to himself while he avoided another footfall. “Managing to lure this woman without getting crushed is more difficult of an ordeal than I anticipated. She’s actually been cornering me.”


Perhaps this was just the difference between a 1 and a 4 in terms of parameters. He was actually growing tired. Though he was fairly confident in his own stamina, it was becoming evident that he was expending much more energy than Saint Martha was using. The difference in scale was more than he had imagined. Still, he attempted to avoid Saint Martha while attempting to lure her away from the city. 


“Tsubame Gaeshi [Swallow Reversal]!”


He attempted to parry against the woman’s toe as it slammed right next to him. His Infinity only held up for a moment before the weighty toe continued its descent. Still, this gave him just barely enough of a chance to leap out of the way and let the shockwave carry him again.


“Urgh!”


“Stop moving around already, you punk! You’re pissing me off here!”


It was easy to recognize that the bug sized Servant was being driven into a corner. What were they going to do? There had to be some way to ensure that the possessed saint calmed down.


“This is… not right…,” a melancholic whisper escaped from above.


“Huh…? Abigail…?” Geronimo realized he had to back away as quickly as he could when a dark aura began to pour out of the normally innocent Silver Key. “Is she Ascending?”


That was indeed the case. The giant Foreigner’s black dress began to dissolve... or rather, the fabric started to flutter away in the shape of butterflies. Her blue eyes changed to red. A black stocking and hat seemed to appear from the shadows. 


Inside the building she was seated on, the more parental Chaldea staff and Servants shut the doors and windows as quickly as they could when the cloth surrounding her rear flew away, revealing a predominantly exposed butt with nothing but a thin pair of black underwear to cover it. 


“A Saint shouldn’t be a bad girl…,” muttered the girl as she stood up to her full height high above the miniature town.  A keyhole appeared on the girl’s forehead. 

Slam!


“Khrk!” 


“Got you!” 


The saint was finally successful in landing a glancing blow against the sword-using assassin right before he was about to leave town. Kojiro was knocked down to the ground properly. His weapon landed far from him as Martha put her foot down on him, pinning him down with most of her weight.


“Tch… You bug-sized bumpkin, now I can finally pay you back,” she smirked. She had finally gotten the advantage over him. The man couldn’t move from beneath her foot and she could see his face between her biggest and second biggest toes.


“Well… I suppose it’s my loss for now…,” the samurai winced. The weight of the woman pinning him was not easing up. She was increasing it as she leaned onto the ball of her foot. Though she was a saint, her foot had also gotten rather dirty from all of the barefoot stomping she had done all over the recreation room. Dust and sweat stained his fine hakama while the overpowering smell of the woman’s foot surrounded him. “However… I believe the war’s been won...”


Martha did not hear him, but there was no time for her to focus on him any more either for while she had been distracted by taking Kojiro down, Abigail had been gathering power.


“Iä! Iä!”


An ominous set of words prefaced what happened next.


“Huh? What was- Kyaah! W-What the- What’s goin- Mffpt! Mmmph!!!”


Before Martha was able to enjoy her victory, two tentacles emerged from extradimensional space and wrapped around the woman’s waist and the right leg pinning Kojiro down. Her foot was lifted off the ground, but she was then pulled down. Unfortunately, for the Assassin class servant, he found himself stuck to her foot and taken along with her.


“Oh? This is not a good situation…,” he realized as a tentacle wrapped around him as well, pressing him into the woman’s foot. Martha clenched her toes as she struggled, pinching the man’s head between them. “Urgh… Grk...”


“S-Stop! Mmpfhf! Kyaa!”


Though she tried to resist, all that successfully did was turn her body so that the saint fell face first onto the town again. Her breasts landed atop the model’s fountain area, pushing out all of the water in a single splash of her swimsuit covered bosom. Her stomach nearly slammed down onto the clock tower if she hadn’t struggled and turned her body at just the right time, but when she pulled her legs back in an attempt to fight the tentacles, she realized the building was between her legs once again when it brushed against her thighs.


“More…” a whisper escaped Abigail who was invoking the power of the Silver Key. As she desired, more tentacles emerged to hold Martha down, restraining her arms and snaking around her waist, neck, and chest. 


“Mgghk! Kyaaa! Wait… What was I… No wait! H-Hyaah!” the saint squealed as the slimy tendrils not only held her down but also began slithering across her body. She started to return to her senses, but upon seeing her predicament, she continued to struggle to resist, causing her to try to turn her body over. The clock tower between her legs rubbed against her further while her body was licked wet by the tentacles. The Holy Maiden was in danger in more ways than one now.


‘Abigail… I think that’s enough...’ Geronimo knew he had to stop this before it got too explicit. This was certainty not appropriate for a child to see, even if Abigail was a Servant. He did not want such an innocent girl as Abigail to subject herself to such a sight as a drained Saint Martha any further. ‘I believe she’s calmed down. You’ve done well in incapacitating her.’


Although those words entered her mind, there were numerous other chants filling the Silver Key’s head as the madness seeped into her. When she glanced down at the shrunken Caster, the man admitted feeling a chill run down his spine.


“Is that so…?” she mumbled. With a wave of her hand, the tentacles surrounding the saint disappeared, allowing her to limply fall flat on the floor. Every bit of her swimsuit and skin was covered in slime rather than water and a trickle of drool remained just outside the saint’s mouth.


Freed from the prison of the slimy tentacles and Martha’s foot, Kojiro was able to pick himself up and stumble off of the woman’s foot. He made an effort to rematerialize his weapon to use it to help him stand. “Grk… I only expected to be attacked by Lady Martha. That tentacled twist was a rather unplanned intrusion… Huff… But granted… it did succeed… Hah...”


Abigail did not concern herself with the saint any further as she looked around at the town at her feet. Standing in the middle of it all, she could see how much damage the Bounded Field had taken trying to keep the town and the people inside the buildings safe. “Ah… I’ve been a bad girl, haven’t I?”


‘Not at all. I’ve said it before, Abigail,’ Geronimo tried to reassure her. ‘You were one of the few who could manage to stop Martha from that influence. You’ve done a good deed, young lady, and no one was hurt at all.’


Well… asides from Sasaki Kojiro, but he had admittedly been asking for it so Geronimo kept that thought to himself.


Hearing those words made the now scantily clad girl giggle. She was starting to calm down. She lowered her hand to the floor in front of the shrunken Caster, offering him a ride up. He accepted it. The girl slowly raised her hand back up to her height and eye level. Though she was no longer in the normal form, she was still able to converse with him properly. The girl’s finger came down and gently tapped the man on the hand, giving him a proper pat on the head full of gratitude.


“Thank you, Mister Geronimo. Please, I’d like to be your friend when you get back to normal.”


‘Of course.’


Down below, the other Servants and Chaldea staffed agreed that they had been guarded properly, although a couple were wondering what they were going to tell Saint Martha when they got back to normal after having witnessed such a… stimulating experience… Whatever the case, this was going to be a pain to report on for the Chaldea staff. 


“Well, this is one thing we can try to hold over her for some drinks… though I bet she’ll deck us hard if we did...” Beowulf remarked.


“Maybe it’d be good to just forget about it… I’m technically a Child Servant… That really wasn’t my sort of thing. Maybe Blackbeard would be more knowledgeable about how to handle that stuff,” Billy the Kid thought.


At the very least, the miniature had been successfully guarded. After Abigail changed back to her usual self and dragged Saint Martha off of the model town, the Caster duo of Medea and Medea Lily returned. The older was surprised to find the Saint in such a slimy condition while the younger seemed to find such a sight nostalgic enough to remind her of pancakes for some reason.


“Well… We can fix the damaged barrier… Saint Martha, you’ll definitely have to get yourself checked by Da Vinci, however,” sighed the older version of the Witch of Colchis as she plucked the injured Assassin-class servant between her fingers and placed him gently in her hand. “Sakaki… Going up against someone that much bigger than you… You idiot… I’ll patch you up myself.”


“Hehehe… You and Mister Geronimo look to be getting along now, Abigail~!” giggled Medea Lily.


Yes, one of the true benefits of the troublesome incident seemed to have had was that it was an icebreaker between the hesitant Abigail and Geronimo. After the barrier was repaired, the young Foreigner sat back down in her seat with the shrunken Caster in hand beside her beloved doll Yugo. Geronimo used the stuffed bear as a comfortable seat and, with his skills, they were able to converse and pass the time as the day continued. Their Master would be able to deal with the mastermind soon, so now they could properly rest.






Chapter End Notes:

Notes:

Other Appearing Servants: [Assassin] Sasaki Kojiro, [Caster] Geronimo, [Berserker] Beowulf, [Archer] Billy the Kid

Model Town - Medea’s Interlude shows that she is quite skilled with model towns and was mentioned in the Helena chapter.

Geronimo + Abigail - A relationship where Abyy would like to speak to him but is hesitant, nervous, and scared when he is a really nice guy. She has a line for him in-game.

Bounded Field - the lore terminology used.

Kojiro + Martha- A relationship where she is annoyed at him considering he keeps wanting to spar with her while she wants to try maintaining appearances

Natural Body (Sea): Debuff Immunity only works if you use it before you’re hit by a debuff

Shamanism - Geronimo’s Arts Buff skill. Liberties are taken by using part of an online definition of shamanism - ‘interacting with the spirit world through trances’

Ascensions - Martha - 2nd Ascension for the red jacket. Abigail in her base dress and then goes to her next when she uses her Silver Key powers.


~For Fun~


Current Location: [Recreation Room]


Free Quest Battle Hardest (non-challenge) Node:

Wave 1

Opponent: [Assassin] Sasaki Kojiro ‘Bumpkin Bug’’

HP: 22,000 HP

(De)Buffs: [Saint’s Target] - Lose 2000 HP every turn.

NP: 3 turn charge. [Tsubame Gaeshi] - Deal significant damage to a single enemy. Increase [Critical Rate].


Wave 2

Opponent: [Foreigner] Abigail Williams, [Caster] Geronimo ‘Mister Geronimo’

HP: 180,000 for Abigail. 20,000 for Geronimo

Buffs: [Supportive Voice] - Increase Allies Arts Cards Effectiveness (3 turns).

(De)Buffs - [Protect the Town]: Chance to [Stun] Self every turn. 

NP (Abigail) - 5 turn charge. [Bad Girl Temptation] - Remove buffs. Deal heavy damage to one enemy.

NP (Geronimo) - 4 turn charge. [Encouragement] - Increase Allies Buster Card Effectiveness (3 turns).


Wave 3

Opponent: [Ruler] Saint Martha (Swimsuit Ruler)

HP: 1 Break Bar (120,000 for first, 180,000 for second)

Buffs: [Maiden by the Miniature] - Increase Buster Card Effectiveness (Unremovable)

Break Bar Skill - [Sadistic Injection - Pent Up Anger] - Inflict [Taunt] on one enemy. Fully fill NP Gauge. 

NP - 4 turn charge. [Venting] - Decrease [Defense] (3 turns). Deal significant damage to a single enemy..


Drops:  Chaldea Observation Notes + Stake of Wailing Night + Seashell of Reminiscence