- Text Size +

"Greg... ...voice... ...lmost tim..."

Greg awoke in his bed and sat up. He looked around the room. It was just as he had left it the night before; there was nothing weird or out of place about it.

A strange male voice called out to him in his sleep, one with words he could barely make out as the rest seemed to be distorted. He did not know what to make of it.

He sighed, and threw his bedsheet off of his body.

It must have been just a dream.

Chapter 15: Special Friend

Going for his usual morning walk, Greg made his way down the back hallway towards the kitchen. He had slept in too late that morning, and thus Parvati had already left for work by the time he woke up. He was disappointed that he could not even get a tease from her, but he knew that he would most likely get a little something when she got back, so he decided to not worry about it.

As he approached the kitchen, he heard a familar voice speaking from it. It belonged to Trish. It sounded as if she was talking to someone. Heidi perhaps? No... It sounded more like she was talking to herself.

Greg knew that this was not the case, so he quickly came to the conclusion that she was talking on her phone.

As he drew closer, he could not help but listen in onto the conversation. Or rather, her side of the conversation.

"...It's Friday, and I don't really have plans. ...No, I'm not job searching today. I already hit up all the places around here. ...Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll save it for Monday. ...Really? What time?"

Greg finally reached the kitchen's doorway and peered inside. Trish was standing up, slowly pacing back and forth through the same area of the kitchen while holding her cell phone to her head. On the table, Greg could barely make out a glass of orange juice; he figured that Trish had finally decided to use a glass this time. She wore the same grey hooded sweatshirt that she had been wearing for several days now, but she was also wearing navy blue shorts and white socks. Her short red hair was tied into a ponytail behind her head, and her glasses were absent from her face.

"...Okay. But don't come all the way here. I'll meet you halfway. ...I could use the exercise. ...Okay, so I'll see you at around 2?" Trish giggled. "Same here! ...Yeah, see ya then!"

She then closed her phone, and then placed it on the table. Then, with a grin on her face, she let out a sigh of satisfaction before picking up her glass of orange juice and drinking the contents inside.

Not feeling the need to hide from sight any longer, Greg stepped out from behind the wall and into the kitchen. Despite her not wearing glasses, he caught Trish's attention immediately.

"Well, look who it is!" Trish said cheerfully. She was in an obvious good mood.

"Who was that you were talking to?" Greg asked as he approached her.

"A friend of mine."

"A boyfriend?" Greg raised an eyebrow.

Trish laughed. "Maybe."

"...You're actually dating a guy!?" Greg said in an overexaggeratedly surprised tone, though he actually was mildly surprised.

"I have a life outside of this house, you know."

"I guess." Greg shrugged. "...So, where's the ice princess?"

"You mean Heidi? Where do you think? She's out in the yard again."

"I wonder what the neighbors think, her going out there all the time."

"'When did they let a hippie move in?' is what they'll think, but I don't think they'll care much." Trish walked to the table's chair and sat down in it. "I have bigger things on my mind now!"

"Bigger than me?" Greg asked.

"Much bigger!"

"Because, you know..." Greg started to approach her. "I could make you at least put me and the mystery on the same level."

"Haha... Nice try." Trish grabbed her glass from the table. "I know what you're trying to do, and you can forget about it. Not with Ms. Nature nearby." She took a sip from the glass.

"She doesn't care, really. And I was just gonna touch."

"I don't care. You'll just have to wait until she leaves." Trish stuck he tongue out at him.

"...Parvati lets me play with her feet at least a little bit..." Greg muttered to himself.

Trish stood up, and walked to the sink. Once there, she poured the remnants of her orange juice--about 2/5's of the glass--into the drain, and placed the glass in with the rest of the dirty dishes. Then, she turned around and walked towards the entrance into the back hall, swiping her cell phone from the table as she passed it. As she passed Greg, perhaps as a preemptive move on her part, she pushed him away from her with her right foot. The force knocked him off of his feet and he fell backwards onto the floor.

"Hey!" Greg yelled out at her.

"I don't want you coming in with me right now. Sorry," Trish said as she continued into the hallway.

Seconds later, he heard her bedroom door close. Greg stood to his feet, and let out a sigh. This actually was not the first time that she has pulled this on him, but each time he found himself annoyed at her. And each time, he found himself thinking the same thing.

"She could have at least pushed me without her socks on..." he said to himself.

He began to trek further into the kitchen. He contemplated walking to the back door to take a glimpse at what exactly Heidi was doing outside, but he decided against it. The risk of him actually ending up out in the yard was large, and he did not want to risk having the neighbors see him, or a bird swoop down and take him as a tasty meal. There was also the thing Parvati told him way back when she had first shrunken him; that if he ever stepped out of the house, his super resiliency--the part of the spell that made him "uncrushable--would go away. He shuddered at the thought of Parvati's reaction if, during one of their play sessions, she actually crushed him for real.

"Not worth it," he concluded, before heading towards the front hallway.

~~~

It was nearing two in the afternoon as Trish made her way towards a coffee shop several blocks away from her house. Despite the mid-80s heat, she wore her favorite grey hooded sweatshirt along with blue jeans and white tennis shoes. One would assume that she would be quite hot in this attire, but thanks to a spell that she cast before she left the house, she did not feel the heat at all.

As she approached her destination, she noticed a certain someone sitting on the bench in front of it. A young woman looking to be Hispanic with tan skin, most of her black hair was tied into a ponytail behind her head, with the rest of it hanging down in front of her ears. She wore a black tanktop, blue jeans, and black tennis shoes.

A smile of anticipation appeared on Trish's face. She knew exactly who this person was.

"Hey, Cynthia!" she called out.

The woman on the bench looked towards Trish, and as she caught sight of her, a grin appeared on her face as well. She stood up and walked towards Trish.

"'Bout time!" Cynthia said.

Once the two reached each other, they wrapped their arms around each other and then gave the other a quick kiss on the lips. During the act, Trish could hear the somewhat cheerful reactions of some of the bystanders around the area, most of which came from males, but she brushed it off as one of the many things that men could not help themselves doing.

"What do you mean, 'Bout time'?" Trish asked as the two released each other. "I said that I'd be here at two. It's not even two yet."

"I've been waiting here for 30 minutes," Cynthia said. "I told you I had nothing else to do after I got off of work."

"Yeah, I guess..."

"So anyway, you said that there's a computer shop that you wanted to show me?"

"Huh? Oh yeah." Truth be told, Trish was not actually thinking about the shop at the moment. "You said that you needed a new laptop since your old one crashed, and while I was out job searching, I happened to come across it. They weren't hiring, but they had some nice things."

"Really? Where is it?"

"It's..." Trish looked behind her. "It's back this way, actually."

"Okay, then let's get going."

Now accompanied by Cynthia, Trish walked back the way she came. The quickest path to the store would take the two women right past her house. Considering what was going on inside, she wanted to pass it as quickly as possible.

"So, how was your day so far?" Cynthia asked.

"Boring!" Trish answered. "I mean, how could I concentrate on other things when I knew that I would be seeing you in a few hours?"

Cynthia laughed. "Come on... You're saying that you couldn't find nothing to do?"

"Nope."

Cynthia wrapped her hands around Trish's waist from behind. "Am I that irresistable?"

Trish blushed. "Kinda."

Cynthia giggled, and released Trish from her hold. Trish was somewhat disappointed, but figured that it would look odd having the two of them walk like that for several blocks.

"My day was pretty crappy, too," Cynthia said as she rushed to Trish's side.

"You had a half-day at work," Trish said. "How crappy can it be?"

"Well, Mr. Pain-in-the-Ass-Who-Pays-Me yelled at me for not filing his monthly budget report. But I DID file it, but some jack-off must have not did his part, because the company he told me to send it to didn't receive it. That just made me mad all while I was there. I was snapping at everybody-"

"You didn't sound that mad when I called you this morning," Trish interrupted.

"That was before all of that happened. Anyway, the guy who works next to me accidently spilled coffee on my shirt. I almost punched him in the face."

"Wow... That is pretty bad."

"Isn't it!? But I'm glad it's over. Now I can just relax with you."

Trish smiled at her remark. "I'll try to make you feel as good as I can."

"Thank you." Cynthia planted a quick kiss on Trish's cheek.

 

Soon, the two women started to approach Trish's house. Trish was anxious as it drew closer. She wanted to pass it as fast as she could, so she quickened her pace a bit.

"Hey, slow down!" Cynthia commanded. "What's the rush?"

"What are you talking about?" Trish asked as she looked towards Cynthia, who was a bit further back now. "I'm walking the same speed as I always was."

"Liar!" Cynthia teased, before looking off to the right. "...Hey, isn't that your house?"

Trish cursed inside. "Huh? ...Oh yeah, it is."

"Why are you in a rush all of a sudden?"

"I want to hurry up and get to that computer store for you."

"Oh..."

Trish continued walking as Cynthia followed after her. For a few seconds, as the two passed her house, Trish thought that her fears had been put to rest.

"Hey, you never once invited me inside of your house."

Trish then stopped dead in her tracks, and turned around. "Well, it's a boring place. I find better things to do out here."

"Hmm..." Cynthia examined the one-story house, before walking towards it.

Trish's heart skipped a beat. "W-what are you doing!?"

"C'mon, Trish. Can I see inside? I wanna see what your house looks like."

Trish walked towards Cynthia. "No!"

"Please?!" Cynthia begged. "What are you hiding?"

"Nothing. It's just... It's a mess right now. No one's cleaned up in days."

Cynthia tilted her head and placed her hands on her hips. "But didn't you say that your roommate is a huge neat freak?"

"Err..." Trish had forgotten all about that. "Dammit."

Cynthia walked closer to Trish. "What's wrong? Is it anything bad?"

"No... No, not really..."

"Then could a little peek hurt?" Cynthia's bright brown eyes stared into Trish's. They almost seemed puppy-like.

"No, I guess not." Trish sighed. "...Let's go, but I'm going in first."

Cynthia squealed. "Thank you!" She kissed Trish on the lips, before heading towards the house.

"Hey, I said that I'm going in first!" Trish said.

Trish ran past Cynthia, and then headed for the front door. She had hoped that she had stood her ground and refused Cynthia's request, but she seemed to have a weakness for her eyes, especially if they were begging for something. Now, the only thing on her mind was whether or not the runt--Greg--would make an appearance. If Cynthia saw him, she had no idea how she would react.

As she reached the door, she pulled her keys out of her pocket and shoved the correct key into the slit in the doorknob. She then turned the key to the right, before turning the doorknob and opening the door. Pulling the keys out of the knob, she and Cynthia walked inside of the house and into the front hallway.

"Wow..." Cynthia said in a somewhat amazed state. "It's smaller on the inside..."

"Well, it's bigger than your place," Trish retorted.

"I live in an apartment, so at least my place has a reason to be so small." Cynthia looked around, before stepping into the living room.

"Uhmm..." Trish nervously followed after her. "So, you've seen my house, so why don't we go to the store now?"

"Trishy-baby..." Cynthia said. "It sounds like you're trying to kick me out."

"No, it's nothing like that. I just-"

Suddenly, Trish heard the back door open, and then close. She then heard footsteps approaching where the two were, and looked towards the kitchen. As expected, Heidi soon appeared from the kitchen. She looked at Trish, and then at Cynthia. An expression of surprise mixed with slight indignation appeared on her face.

"You're back earlier than I thought," Heidi said. "...And who's this?"

"Aww..." Cynthia said. "You didn't tell your roommate about me?"

Trish looked towards Cynthia. "She's not my roommate. She's just staying with us right now."

"Oh..." Cynthia stretched out her hand towards Heidi. "Anyway, I'm Cynthia Morales. I'm Trish's special lady."

"Cynthia, huh?" Heidi took Cynthia's hand in her own's and shook it. "Nice to meet you. My name is Heidi. Please, make yourself at home. Sit on the couch and watch TV. Do you need anything?"

"No, nothing I can think of," Cynthia responded.

"I see..." Heidi looked towards Trish. "Trish, could I speak with you for a minute."

"...Sure." Trish already knew what Heidi wanted her for, and, after taking one last look at Cynthia as she found her place on the couch, she followed Heidi into the kitchen.

Heidi walked towards the back hallway, but stopped at the doorway.

"Okay," Heidi said in a frustrated tone, "what the hell are you thinking, bringing a human into this house?"

"I'm sorry," Trish said. "I know I shouldn't have, and I tried to steer her away, but she insisted, and I couldn't say no to her."

"That's hardly an excuse."

"Where's the Runt?"

"I just came in here. I don't know."

"Crap... I hope he isn't in there with Cynthia. Maybe he's smart enough to stay out of sight." Trish opened her right palm. "But just in case..." She pointed her left index finger towards it, and then a bolt of magic shot from its tip. Once it reached her palm, it spun upwards until a bottle of fruit juice appeared in her palm.

"What are you doing?" Heidi asked.

"I'll make her drink this," Trish said as she grabbed the bottle out of her palm. "If the Runt appears, this will make her see a mouse instead of a little man. As long as she doesn't try to touch him, we should be fine."

"Interesting... Are you sure it'll work?"

"I hope."

"...Just be careful."

"I will."

"...And I'll deal with you later, once your little date is over."

Trish sighed. "Fine."

Trish and Heidi then walked back through the kitchen, and back into the living room, where Cynthia was waiting.

"Here." Trish held out the bottle of juice towards her.

Cynthia stared at the bottle, before looking back at her. "But I said that I didn't want anything."

"Nonsense!" Heidi said in an overly cheery tone. "I'm sure you were waiting in that heat for so long! You're sweating beads!"

This sudden change in Heidi's demeanor took Trish by surprise, as it did with Cynthia.

"Umm... Heidi, are you feeling okay?" Cynthia asked.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Heidi asked.

"You're... Umm... You seem to have gotten in a good mood all of a sudden."

"Oh, Heidi has quick mood shifts," Trish lied. "Don't mind her."

"I see... But still..." Cynthia looked towards the bottle.

"Drink it. For me?"

"Umm... Okay!" Cynthia smiled at Trish. "For you, I'll do it."

"Good!" Trish smiled back.

Cynthia took the bottle into her hands, and untwisted its cap. Then, Trish and Heidi watched anxiously as she began to rapidly chug down the contents. Trish found it somewhat amusing that, for someone who was protesting it, she really did look to be thirsty. Soon, the entire bottle was empty, and Cynthia placed it onto the coffee table in front of her, before letting out a quiet belch.

"Wow..." Heidi was amazed.

"Hehe... Sorry," Cynthia apologised.

"You liar," Trish said. "Why didn't you say that you were thirsty?"

"I guess I didn't know that I was thirsty. Oops." Cynthia chuckled a little.

Trish shook her head. "You goofball."

Heidi walked towards the chair against the farside of the room, to the left of the couch, and sat down in it. "So, tell me, how did you two meet?"

"In the park," Cynthia responded. "She approached me, and we started talking, and I guess we clicked."

Trish looked along the floor of the room, looking for any sign of Greg.

"Somehow, I always knew that Trish would end up with a girl," Heidi said. "I've never EVER even heard her express interest in any guy!"

"But she told me that she's bisexual, so maybe something's still there."

"I say you find it and squash it, and then she'll be all yours!"

"I intend to do that. She had her quirks, but who doesn't?" Cynthia laughed. "...Hey, what are you looking for?"

Trish was suddenly shocked out of her search for the tiny man. "Uh... Oh. Um... Mice."

"Mice?" Cynthia's eyes widened. "You all have mice?"

"She's talking about my pet mouse," Heidi said. "He got out of his cage this morning, and I can't find him."

"Oh..." Cynthia turned towards Trish. "Why didn't you tell me that her mouse was running around? I could have squished him!"

"It slipped my mind," Trish said.

"That happens a lot, doesn't it?" Cynthia teased.

"Shut up," Trish teased back.

"You two make a cute couple," Heidi said, while giving them one of her rare smiles. A faked smile, but a smile nonetheless.

"Thank you," Cynthia responded. "...Hey, are you single?"

This question seemed to surprise both Trish and Heidi.

"Yeah, why?" Heidi answered.

"Well, I could hook you up with someone, if you're interested."

"Thanks, but I'm not really looking right now."

"But you're beautiful! I'm sure any girl would kill to have you!"

Heidi laughed. "Maybe, but I'm also straight, so when I start looking again, I want to find a man."

"...Your loss." Cynthia shrugged. "Girls are better lovers, anyway."

"Really..."

"Yep." Cynthia looked towards Trish. "Anyway, Trishy-baby, are you ready to go-" Just then, something seemed to catch her eye, something behind Trish. "Whaa...?"

Trish and Heidi looked towards the entry way into the living room, and nearly jumped at what they saw--or rather who: Greg, who was slowly but surely making his way inside. However, he seemed to stop dead in his tracks as soon as Cynthia saw him.

Trish and Heidi briefly glanced at each other. Trish gulped, and Heidi stood from her chair and prepared to approach the tiny, nosy man. Trish awaited Cynthia's reaction; she wanted to be sure that her spell worked the way she wanted. If not, then she would be in more trouble with Heidi.

"Isn't that your mouse, Heidi?" Cynthia asked. "...He's kinda cute."

 

[End Chapter]

Chapter End Notes:
(I promise more interaction in the next chapter. Even if one of the ladies is clueless.)