- Text Size +

Greg, now dressed in a grey T-shirt, black jeans, and black sneakers, walked out of his dollhouse, and closed the door behind him.

It was time for his daily walk, one he has taken every morning since he had been confined in Parvati's house.

As he made his way into the hall way, he saw the closed door that stood at the end. As he looked towards it, he thought of what happened during the week after he was given his new home.

Chapter 4: Challenge

Greg heard talking from the kitchen as he neared his way towards its passage. It was Tuesday morning, and he expected to have the house to himself for half of the day. At least, that's how it was the day before.

Yet, here it was, nearly 11 in the morning, and Parvati was still here. Wait... Not only Parvati, but what sounded like another voice. Greg curiously snuck closer to the passage, stopping at the edge of the door to eavesdrop on the conversation of the two people inside.

"...So, as you can see, my mom still can't accept that I'm a witch," a female voice said.

"I see... What a shame," said Parvati. "We don't choose to inherit our powers. They choose us. When will your mother learn that?"

"I don't know... She actually seems kinda afraid of me now. She doesn't seem to want me around Lucas and Anna."

"But they're your brother and sister!"

"She thinks that I'll infect them."

He heard Parvati sigh. "What, does she think that we have some kind of contagious disease?"

"Well, she is a religious person. VERY religious."

"I guess. My family is religious, too, but they were willing to accept what I became."

"Yeah... But that's enough about that. What's been up with you while I was gone?"

Parvati giggled. "Oh, nothing..."

There was a short pause. "What's so funny?"

"Just... watch your step, alright?"

"...I don't get it."

"You'll find out soon enough."

"...A pet mouse or something?"

"No. If I had a mouse, I wouldn't let it roam around the house like that." She giggled again. "But you COULD say that I have a pet..."

"...You're as cryptic as always. I'm going to go change."

Greg heard footsteps approaching him, and soon saw a large white sneaker, mere inches away from him, walk through the doorway and turn left. As he scanned upward at the woman, he saw that she wore blue jeans, a white T-shirt, had her short red hair tied in a ponytail, and carried a suitcase. He never saw her face, as, mere seconds later, she opened the door at the end of the hallway, and disappeared behind the closing door.

As he stared at the door for a few seconds, he was slightly disappointed that her choice of shoes. "Too hot to hide 'em," he said to himself as he began to make his way for the kitchen passageway.

"Ah! Speak of the devil!" Parvati said as she noticed him walking inside. "Good morning, my pet!"

Greg walked closer to the kitchen table that she was sitting at. At his size, he could not see much of what she was wearing from the waist up, but he did see that she was wearing blue capris and that her right leg was crossed over the left. Her right foot was bare, it's brown flip-flop sandal laying besides its partner adorning her left foot.

"Now that's more like it," Greg said to himself as he neared the table.

"You're taking too long," Parvati said.

"Well, I can only move so fast at this size," Greg responded.

"Ah, true..."

Suddenly, Greg felt a large push on his back, lifting him an inch or so off of the floor. Confused, he looked from side-to-side as he founf himself being carried closer to the giant woman by a mysterious force.

Whatever it was, it dropped him at the tip of Parvati's slippers. He picked himself off of the floor, and looked upward, beyond the massive legs and at the face of the woman looking down at him.

"What was that?" Greg asked, confused.

"Oh, just me giving you a little shove," she responded with a smile.

Greg laughed a little. "Of course." He turned his head back towards the kitchen's passageway. "So, who was that girl?"

"Oh, that was Trish, my roommate."

He turned back to Parvati's face. "Roommate? I thought you lived alone."

"No... Didn't you go in her room when I left you alone?"

"...I was afraid that you was keeping something in there, and you'd punish me if I got too nosy."

"Oh." Parvati laughed, and slipped her left foot out of its slipper, and stuck its big toe in Greg's face. "I bet you'd like that, wouldn't you?"

Greg moved his head back slightly as the massive toe came closer to his face. "Maybe." He felt his pants tightening.

Parvati smiled, and pulled the foot from his face, and pulled it closer to her. She then crossed both of her legs, and sat Indian-style on the chair.

"Hey..." Greg said, with slight disappointment.

"What's wrong? You want my feet?"

"Kinda." Greg was being modest.

"Well, not now. I think I'm going to have you work for them."

"...What do you mean?"

Parvati stuck up her right index finger, and swirled it around. While doing so, a circle of light briefly appeared above the tip. Greg then noticed light particles gathering at his feet. He looked down, and saw that the particles were taking a physical form. In seconds, the mass appeared to be a kind of polaroid camera.

He stared at the camera for a few seconds, and then looked back up at Parvati's face. "What's this for?"

"Since you like feet so much," Parvati answered, "I want you to take a picture of Trish's."

"Wait, what?!" Greg could not believe what he heard.

"You heard me. Find an opportunity, and SNAP!!"

Greg stared at her for a few seconds, and then knelt down and picked up the camera. "And you'll let me play with your feet if I do this?"

"Of course. I always keep my word."

"Then, you're on!" Greg stood back up. "This shouldn't be too hard."

Parvati started to giggle.

"...What?"

"You don't know Trish."

"...What does that have to do with anything?"

"Why don't you just lurk around for a while before you make your move. Okay, cutie?"

"Sure."

"Good boy." Parvati brought her legs down, and slipped her feet back into their flip-flops. She then stood up, and pushed her chair into the table. Greg could finally see the somewhat tight, brown t-shirt she wore. "I'm going to work now."

"Oh yeah!" Greg said. "Why didn't you leave earlier?"

"I don't have to be in until 11:30 today, so I had some time to see you two before I left." Parvati smiled. "See ya. And don't worry about not being able to get the shot today. You have all week." With that, she walked out of the kitchen, through the other passageway into the main hall, and out of the house, as he heard the front door open, and then close with a thud.

Greg looked at the camera he held in his hands, and then towards the passageway to the back hall.

"Time for some reconnaissance."

~~~

Greg sat in the single potted plant in the kitchen, having climbed into it an hour before. The droopy leaves made for a great hiding place for him to wait for Trish to walk into the kitchen, and he enjoyed the feeling of the cold, slightly moist soil.

An hour... Even though she said that she was going to change her clothes, Trish had not emerged from her room since. At first, he believed that she would come into the kitchen minutes after Parvati left, but now, it seemed less likely that she would be coming anytime soon.

As he waited there, he wondered what her feet looked like, and if she painted her toenails. If so, he wondered why she'd hide them from the world outside. That was something he never understood; why girls, cute ones, painted their toenails, but wore sneakers, boots, or some other kind of closed-toe shoe.

He was snapped back to reality as he heard a door open. He heard approaching footsteps comng from the back hall. He quickly stood up and ran to the plant's edge, aiming the lens between the spaces of the leaves. She was coming, and as soon as she walked in, he would take the shot of her feet, and proudly show it to Parvati once she arrived home.

However, when she did walk in, Greg saw that she was wearing white socks. He moved the camera away from his face, and watched the giant woman, now dressed in a blue T-shirt and white shorts, walk to the refrigerator. As she passed, he at least got a good look at her face. She was a rather attractive lass.

Trish had opened the refrigerator, and pulled out a carton of orange juice. After closing its door, she stood upright, opened the carton, and began to chug the beverage right from the container. Greg watched her throat bobbed as she downed the carton's entire contents without so much as taking a breath. When finished, she let out a burp, crumbled up the empty carton, and tossed it into the trash bin.

Greg's mouth was wide open in disbelief after witnessing this. "No way... That thing had to at least been half full..." After closing his mouth, he looked down at his camera, and then at her sock-covered feet. Suddenly, he had a thought.

"She never said that they had to be bare."

He brought the camera back to his face, and waited for a clear shot of her feet. He did not have to wait long, as she walked back towards the back hall, he saw his opening, and snapped the picture of her peds that he was looking for. The picture was then reeled out of the camera, its image grey and barren, but, in time, would form into the shot that he had just taken.

He waited a few minutes after she disappeared in the back hall, and hearing her bedroom door close, before climbing out of the plant, running back towards that same hall, and then back into Parvati's bedroom.

"I hope this works."

~~~

"No." Parvati held the enlarged photo in her hand as she sat on her bed, with her legs crossed underneath her. "Sorry, but this isn't it."

"You told me to take a picture of her feet," Greg said. "And you made it sound like it was hard. That wasn't so hard."

Parvati looked away from the photo, and towards Greg on the floor below her.

"I thought that you, as a foot fetishist, would understand that I wanted you to take a shot of her bare feet."

Greg clinched his fist. "I knew it!"

Parvati opened the palm of the hand that held the photo. The photo began to float above the open palm, before it was then burned by an invisible force.

"Listen," she said, leaning closer to the edge of her bed. "Trish is a tomboy."

"Is that so?"

"Yep. I've roomed with her for nearly a year now, and during that time, I rarely ever saw her walk around without socks or shoes on."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"So, what do I do now?"

Parvati laughed. "Whatever you can to get that shot you need. Or else."

Greg raised an eyebrow. "'Or else' what?"

"Full foot embargo." She stuck her tounge out at him.

"Besides that."

She got a mischevious look on her face. "...I'll squish you. With a book." She laughed.

"What?!" Greg dropped his mouth. "Just because I can't get a picture of Trish's feet?! Why do you have to kill me for that?!"

Parvati sighed. "Calm down. I was only joking."

"...Sorry..."

Parvati laid down on her bed. "Oh, and when I'm sleep, don't sneak up on my bed and mess with my feet. You saw what I did with that photo just now."

"...Man."

~~~

The next morning, Greg pulled on a white t-shirt, black sweatpants, and black sneakers, and ran out of his doll house, holding the polaroid camera in both hands. Parvati was gone, having left for work at her usual time of 8am. He ran out of her room, and into the hallway. He noticed that Trish's bedroom door was open. He ran towards it, and upon reaching it minutes later, he peered inside. It looked identical to Parvati's room, except that it had a desktop computer set up in the corner, and that it was quite a bit messier, with clothes strewn all over the floor. The woman of the room, however, was not inside.

He walked away from the room, and then made his way for the kitchen. Just as he glanced inside as he passed it the first time it was empty. He walked alongside the wall, and made his way towards the main hall. As he neared it, he heard laughter from the room beyond the hall. Greg readied his camera, and sprinted across the hall, into the living room.

Trish was inside, laying on the couch and watching a program on television. From his position, Greg could see the back of her head, her bare legs, and her socks. He let out a sigh.

Parvati did say that she almost always walked arounds in socks, and Greg realized how hard this task would be unless he thought of something else.

He looked down at his camera as he walked back to Parvati's room. Upon reaching the back hall, he looked towards his left, towards Trish's open door. Suddenly, he had a thought. He'd probably get into trouble with both women in the house, but it was his only shot at completing his task.

He sprinted towards the open door, and soon found himself inside of Trish's messy room. He looked around for a hiding place. Under her bed? No, as messy as the room was, if she looked under the bed, he was screwed. The cabinet to his right? Perhaps, though he was not sure if he was small enough to fit in the space between it and the wall.

He looked off towards the desktop computer, and the desk it was set up on against the far wall. He made his decision. He ran across the room, running on and around clothes as if they were hills, towards the desk. It took him several minutes to sprint the distance, and he was worried that Trish would return in that time. Luckily, she was nowhere near the room, and he managed to reach the desk.

He walked towards the back wall. There was quite a bit of room for him, though the massive power cords proved to be a problem. He took a deep breath, and walked inside of the space, staying away from the cords. There, he sat down, and waited.

 

[End Chapter]

Chapter End Notes:
lolz the names of Trish's sibling were totally stolen from the Mother series. Except "Anna" in Mother only has one "n".