- Text Size +

Greg climbed onto the couch of the living room, and found himself a spot on the giant cushion. There, he sat down and stared at the television across from the coffee table that stood in front of the couch. It was turned off, and the remote was on the opposite side of the table, well out of his reach.

This time, his window to the rest of the world was closed, so he decided to reminisce like he had been doing since he woke up that day.

He thought back to the day of the scavenger hunt that Parvati had sent him on. The day that he was rewarded... with a trip to the beach.

Chapter 9: Paradise

"She's taking us to the beach?" Trish asked as she searched through her discarded clothing on the floor.

"Yeah," Greg said as he sat on her bed. "Because I won her challenge, or something like that."

"I wonder how that's going to work..." Holding a red t-shirt, Trish stood upright and faced Greg. "Is she going to make you big before we leave?"

Greg shrugged. "I don't know. Though I love being small, going to a beach like this would be a problem."

"Yeah. Especially if a little brat tries to take you."

"...I hate kids."

"Me too. That's why I'm never having any."

Greg stood up. "So, what are you going to wear?"

"...Whatever I can find in here," Trish answered. "Like, a t-shirt and some short shorts."

"...Sandals, too?"

Trish chuckled. "You WOULD ask something like that."

"What kind?"

"That's a secret."

"Aww... c'monnn...." Greg begged. "I've never seen you in sandals. Can I get a peek?"

"You've already seen me barefoot, so just imagine me wearing your favorite pair of sandals." Trish tossed the red t-shirt back onto a pile on the floor. "I WON'T be wearing them, though, so too bad."

Greg sighed. "You're no fun. ...Though I don't think you could pull it off, anyway."

"...Get out."

"Why? What did I do?"

"I gotta change."

"There's the bathroom," Greg said as he pointed towards her opened bathroom door.

Trish walked towards the bed. "Yeah, but this is MY room."

Upon reaching Greg, she cupped her hands around him and picked him off of her bed. From there, she carried him into the back hallway right outside of her bedroom door and set him down on the floor.

"Why don't you go bother your owner?" Trish suggested.

"She put me out of her room, too," Greg said.

"Oh." She stuck her tounge out at him. "Not my problem."

Trish then walked back into her room and shut the door. Greg stared at the closed door for a few seconds before turning around and making his way across the hallway.

He needed to get back to his dollhouse so that he could pick out the appropriate clothes for their beach excursion. However, as he had said to Trish, Parvati had also kicked him out of her room as well. Therefore, he could not reach his dollhouse, where his clothing were.

Upon walking halfway through the hall, he turned to his right and walked into the kitchen. Once there, he noticed something underneath the table in the center of the room. As he approached it, he could see that the object resembled a closed, standing suitcase; his intuition was confirmed as he reached the object.

Greg kneeled down and laid the suitcase onto its side, and then unlatched the locks and opened it. Inside were a pair of beige shorts, a green t-shirt, black water shoes, and a towel. On top of the clothing was a note, in the same handwriting as the one he had used during his scavenger hunt. He picked it up from the clothing and began to read it.

-Don't worry, my pet. I didn't forget about your clothes. Put these on, and wait for me and Trish in the living room. We should be out shortly.-

"Where are we going?" Greg asked.

He stared at the note for several seconds. The words on the sheet of paper did not change like it did before. Parvati must not be watching him. He placed the note onto the side of the suitcase, and pulled out the green t-shirt.

~~~

Now in the attire that Parvati had picked out for him, Greg sat on the couch in the living room. In all of the time it took him to walk into the room and make his way onto the couch, neither of the two young women had come out of their rooms.

To past the time, he was watching the television that was conviently left on. Airing was a sitcom that he did not know the name of... nor did he find too amusing. He glanced at the clock that hung on the wall. It was approaching 5:30pm. The sun was still a few hours from setting, but wasn't it too late to go to the beach now? Not only that, but he still had no idea how Parvati would handle his size. Just what did she have planned?

Several minutes later, he finally heard one of the back bedroom doors open. He soon heard approaching footsteps, as well as an accompanying slapping sound of a pair of slippers of some sort. Seconds later, he saw Trish walk into the living room. As she said before, she wore a white t-shirt that was tied in a knot above her navel and blue jean short shorts. Her short red hair was tied into a ponytail behind her head, and she carried a backpack on her back. As per his nature, Greg took this opportunity to see what kind of shoes she was wearing: black and white Adidas slides.

"Ugh, why?" Greg said in disappointment. "I hate those things."

"Hate what?" Trish asked.

Greg pointed towards her feet. "Those. Those Adidas sandals."

"Yeah, well too bad. I love them, and it's the only kind of sandal that I even like." Trish looked towards the clock. "What is Par thinking? It's too late to go to the beach now."

"...The sun's still out, and we should have a few good hours left before it gets dark."

"But this is when the beach is its busiest. All of the brats and stupid blondes with fake tans are going to be there something fierce."

Greg's interest was slightly perked. "...Blondes, you say?"

Trish chuckled. "Of course. ALL guys like blondes."

"...Actually, I'm more of a redhead person."

Trish's eyes widened. "Is that right?"

"Don't get any ideas. You're not really the type of girl I'd want to date. I want someone in touch with their feminine side."

"Well, that definately isn't me," Trish said.

"Yeah, I know."

Greg heard the other bedroom door open, and then the approching footsteps that followed. Within seconds, Parvati entered into the living room. She wore an unbuttoned yellow shirt that exposed the white bra underneath and blue tight-fitting shorts. She had a pair of sunglasses that was held in her hair above her face and carried a straw bag. Completing her outfit, she wore a pair of black thong sandals, with laces that were tied around her lower leg.

"See?" Greg said to Trish as he pointed towards Parvati's feet. "That's the kind of sandal you should be wearing!"

Trish looked at Parvati's sandals. "What? That lacy crap?! Hell no!"

Parvati chuckled. "You'd have a better chance of getting a dog to recite Shakespeare than to get Trish to wear something like these."

"...Did you just compare me to a dog?"

"Anyway," Greg said, "How are we going to do this? Are you going to make me big?"

Parvati shook her head. "No."

"Then what will you do about all the people that's going to be there? I don't want anyone seeing me like this!"

Parvati smiled. "What people?"

"What do you mean 'What people'? It's a beach!"

Parvati walked towards the couch that Greg was standing on and placed the bag on the floor, before opening it. Inside was a towel, lotion, and a cotton cloth.

"Hop in," she said. "You'll see soon enough."

Rather than question her again, Greg nodded, grabbed his towel, and leaped into the bag. He landed on her towel and looked upward at the two giant young women who were peering at him inside of the bag.

"Now, it's time for us to leave," Parvati said. "Turn the TV off, and we'll be out of here in an instant."

Trish disappeared from Greg's sight as she walked away. "Wait. We're not going to drive there? That's not like you." The sounds of from the television ceased.

"I don't think we could reach our destination by car." Parvati reached down and picked the bag off of the floor.

"Where ARE we going, anyway?" Trish asked.

"The beach," Parvati slyly responded.

"Now I'm confused."

Parvati smiled. "Come over here, and we'll be there in a jiffy."

Trish returned to Greg's sight.

Parvati looked into the bag. "Ready?"

Greg nodded.

"Well, then..." Freeing one of her arms from the bag's handle, she pointed her index finger into the air. A sparkle of light eminated from it, and soon Greg's vision was consumed with a blinding light.

~~~

Greg awoke to the sound of water splashing along a coastline, as well as the cries of seagulls. Above the giant Parvati that stood above him was a deep blue sky seeming clear of any clouds. He stood up as he felt the bag being dropped to the ground.

Parvati reached into the bag and wrapped her fingers around his body, and then pulled him out of it and placed him on the sand in front of her feet. He looked around himself. This was a beach, alright, but there was no one here. No one expect the three of them. There was water all around, with a few palm trees throughout the beach. Behind him was what looked like a forest of some sort, as well as a small mountain off in the distance.

"Where are we?" Greg asked as he turned upward to face Parvati.

"The beach," Parvati answered with a smile.

"Oh, stop it already!" Trish retorted. "Where are we really?"

Parvati shifted the sunglasses from her hair to her face, before answering. "Alright, fine. This is an uncharted island in the South Pacific."

"What?!" Trish said in a surprised tone.

"Yep. I come here whenever I want to relax. I don't have to worry about anyone else finding this place. Not humans, at least."

"Why not?" Greg asked.

"Well, you can't see it from here, but there's a fog around this island that confuses ships and other navigational equipment. It also has a strong magnetic field that helps in that regard as well."

"I see..." Greg walked forward. "It really looks like a nice place."

"It IS a nice place," Parvati said.

"So..." Trish said. "What now?"

Parvati picked up her straw bag and walked a few feet to her right. There, she reached into her bag and pulled out the cotton cloth that was inside and spread it onto the sandy ground. She then stood upright and pointed her index finger in front of her. In that instant, a sparkle of magic burst from the tip of her finger and soon, a large, opened umbrella appeared in the spot she pointed towards.

She then turned back towards Greg and Trish. "Have fun." She smiled.

~~~

Greg sat in front of Parvati's now bare feet as she laid on the cloth that she had spread down. He looked towards Trish, who was surfing on a surfboard that she created with her magic, riding waves that were also magic-created. Greg wanted to go for a swim, but he was afraid that he would be washed away due to his size, or eaten by a fish.

Instead, he decided to just enjoy the beauty of the island from the shade underneath the umbrella. The sun was still shining brightly in the sky, as this island was several hours behind the town they came from.

"At least we don't have to deal with any kids," Greg said to himself as he leaned back onto Parvati's sole.

"Enjoying yourself?" Greg heard Parvati ask.

"Yeah," he said. "What about you?"

Greg waited a few seconds for a response, and did not get any.

"Hello?!" He called out.

"Oh!" Parvati sounded somewhat surprised. "Sorry, but I couldn't hear you."

Greg felt her foot move behind him. He turned around and saw Parvati sitting up and removing the sunglasses from her face, and laying her feet flat on the ground.

"So, can I ask you something?" Greg said.

"What is it?" she asked.

"How did you find this island, anyway? You said that it's not on any map."

"...I bought it from the previous owner. She was also a witch."

"Really?"

"Yeah. ...She passed away a year-and-a-half ago from old age."

"Sorry to hear that..."

"It's okay... Before she died, she had a bit of a silent auction in the Aurora Realm, and, for some reason, I was invited."

"Aurora Realm?"

"It's a world on the reverse side of this one; the homeworld of witches, if you will."

"Oh."

"Anyway, she knew that her time was coming, and with no family of her own to pass them onto, she decided to give away her worldly possessions. She had a lot of interesting things, but most of those already had high bids on them. I did not have too much money with me, so I looked for something that had either a small bid or no bid at all."

"I eventually found a rolled-up sheet of paper with a kind of magic ribbon around it. I guess that, compared to the other things, this did not have any appeal to anyone else, as there was no bid on it, so I put down $30 on the note next to it. Whether I actually got it or not didn't matter to me at the time."

"Well," Greg said, "we all know you got it."

Parvati smiled. "Yes. After the auction was over, and I received my prize, I met with the woman. She was in a wheelchair and looked very sick. I asked her what she was going to do with the money. She said that she was sending it all to a benefit for the starving children of poor countries." She sighed. "After that, the next time I heard from her estate was to announce her passing."

"Did you go to her funeral?"

"No, I couldn't. One: I wasn't invited. Two: It was in the Aurora Realm."

"...So?"

"...We witches can't just go back and forth between the Human Realm and the Aurora Realm. We need permission, and an escort from a General Witch."

"Why is that? You'd think that witches would be able to go between the worlds whenever they want."

"As far as I know, it wasn't always like that. It started when the current council came into power. They said that too many witches were abusing it by bringing in their human lovers."

"I guess that makes sense. If they broke up, the human would know all of their secrets."

"Yeah, I thought the same thing."

"...So, what was in the paper you bought?"

"Oh yes. It was the coordinates and location of this island. The day after the auction, using what was in the letter, I warped here to see it for myself. I was awestruck. It was... is such a beautiful and serene place. I fell in love instantly."

Greg sat down. "And you never told Trish about it?"

Parvati shook her head. "I wanted it to remain my little secret. I guess because I had a feeling that if I told Trish, she would tell her..."

"...Lily?"

"Yes."

"And you decided to do it now, why?"

"Well, I wanted to show you this place. I knew that Trish would come along for the ride, too, so I caved and brought her as well."

"...Why me?"

"Because I like you." She smiled. "You're my favorite little pet."

Greg blushed. "And you're my favorite beautiful Goddess."

Parvati laughed. "Are you trying to flirt?"

"...Maybe..." Greg slyly said.

"Cute," she said with a smile. "...Run."

"What?" Greg was confused.

Parvati stood up. "I said run. The Goddess is feeling a little playful right now."

Greg wanted to ask her what she meant by that, but he soon figured it out himself. He stood up, turned around, and started to run away from the giantess. He ran off of the mat and onto the sunny sand.

As he expected, within seconds, he saw a foot-shaped shadow surround him from above. He looked above him and the bare sole of Parvati's right foot coming down onto him. He stopped running and turned around. He knew what was about to happen, so he did not want his face to be pressed into the sand below.

The ball of Parvati's foot stepped down onto his body, pushing him into the sand. Despite wanting to avoid the sand below getting in his face, her foot had quite a few sand grains on it itself, so he found himself slightly annoyed that he still got a bit of sand on him. He felt her twist her foot on his body a few times, before she withdrew it and rested it alongside its companion.

Greg sat up and found himself within a large footprint in the sand. Now sporting a boner in his shorts, he looked up at Parvati, who looked down on him with her hands on her hips.

"That was too easy," she said. "Just like that morning when I first shrunk you. ...You little people are easy to control."

"It's not easy for us to outrun someone as big as you," Greg said with a smile of satisfaction.

Parvati giggled. "I know." Her right foot then returned over him, and then she prodded him into the sand with her big toe. "So weak... So helpless..."

Greg tried to push up on the toe, but failed as it was far too heavy for him. "You're really getting into this Goddess role, aren't you?"

"Well, it's something new. Plus, it's fun to have a small subject around who'll do whatever I say."

"And I love doing it," Greg responded. "As long as I get a little something in return." He then kissed the frontside of her toe.

Parvati giggled again. "Of course, my pet."

~~~

Greg laid on the sheet of cloth with his back against the ground. Parvati's right foot was laying on most of his body, exposing only his head and upper chest. He was half-sleep, being soothed by the splashing waves and having found Parvati's foot the perfect cover for him. From the sound of the faint snoring he heard, Parvati had fallen asleep as well.

Greg closed his eyes, and prepared to doze off as well.

"Hey, runt."

Greg opened his eyes and saw a wet Trish standing over him.

"You look like you had fun being stepped on and stuff," she said.

"Of course," Greg responded. "You know how I am. ...Oh, and you fail at surfing."

"Well, at least I tried. ...So, let's go."

"Go? Go where?"

Trish kneeled down and pulled Greg out from under Parvati's foot.

"I want to do a little exploring." With Greg in hand, Trish walked away from the sleeping Parvati, and towards the island's lush forest.

 

[End Chapter]