- Text Size +

After Holly had finished with her shower, she got dressed in a sports bra and some yoga pants before going down to the front door. She tied her hair into a ponytail before putting on her running shoes and getting ready for her morning jog.

Holly had spent the past year jogging every morning, and while it was still not her favourite pastime, it was starting to show results.

Spring had passed at this point and summer was starting to come in. The sun beat down on Holly's head making her feel fairly warm. She tensed up slightly as a drop of sweat trickled down along her back, down her spine, before getting absorbed by the waistband of her panties.

The sweat was one of Holly's least favourite parts about running. That, and the leg pain, and how her feet got sore, and how her yoga pants started to ride up on her crotc-....

Okay there was not much Holly DID like about jogging, but the sweat was definitely part of the negatives!

Holly regretted her choice to wear such thick socks as her feet began to get soggy as well.

Sure the thick socks lowered the chance of her getting blisters on her feet, but the feeling of slimy sweat between her toes was never pleasant.

"I'm going to end up with something like toenail fungus or something equally gross at this rate." Holly groaned as she looked at her watch. She still had 20 more minutes of jogging to go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Massive drops of thick warm liquid dropped from the colossal pink painted cliff face above onto the crops below. For any other colony on this planet, such a disaster would mean the deaths of millions, but for the farming villages stationed under the great outcroppings at the southernmost point of the planet, these waters were the source of life.

Built within the ridges of the terrain, the farmers located in these settlements built their farms to grow a variety of crops that had been brought over from their now deceased homeworld.

Sure the sailors of the acid sea and the harvesters of the great white boulders further north provided enough food to feed the entire planet several times over, but the farmers at the southernmost point brought something those harvesters could not. A taste of home.

It had only been 5 years since the destruction of their homeworld, and while their new home had turned out to be a land of bounty and beauty, the psychological impact had still been quite profound. And so, a colony of farmers came to make a change.

The location they chose for their farmland had to be carefully selected. Their crops needed sunlight so they needed to be on the surface, but they also needed to be protected from the harsh weather conditions of the planet's surface. Finally they needed a source of irrigation to keep the plant life watered.

The southernmost point offered the best of all of these. Being on the surface, while also being protected by the massive solid plates that hung above them, they could get the sunlight while still being protected from most elements. Sure they could have seen the sunlight far more often at the similar locations found further north, but those areas dealt with far more tremors, were far narrower, and most importantly, received a lot less water.

While the southernmost points could often end up being thrown into darkness, those dark times left them warm and humid. Sometimes like now, it would get so humid that water droplets would form and then fall down on the fields below.

This, of course meant the farmers had to be careful to bring their livestock inside whenever it got dark to keep them from drowning, but it had help the plant life truly flourish.

One farmer in particular looked out peering through the darkness up at the massive plate far above him as water rushed past his plot of land. He couldn't make out the colour which was a pity.

The colour the giant plate was painted would change at least once a month. At first it had been a mystery that had baffled scientists until they managed to unravel the secrets of the planet. While it might not have been a starry sky, it was a bit of beauty in this rustic land, and often young couples would go out to watch it together.