- Text Size +

New Valis

Charlotte Valis Stories

Chapter 15: Coverage


Kate Tomes: Tribute Chamber Priestess

The counter on top of the box ticked up to 100,000 as Dani emptied her final little pouch of humans into the top layer. Kate felt herself breathe a sigh of relief as she carefully closed the box and sealed it.


“Okay, That’s the Goddesses request met, I’ll let Emma know she can collect them.”


The two disciples Dani and Feena slumped down on the desk, the doll sized servants apparently exhausted after their adventures. Kate took a moment to scan her desk, the hundred or so inch tall acolytes were packing up their desks as the work day drew to a close. The light swirl of the portal indicated the arrival of a new tribute batch. Everyone stopped. The tiny acolytes all stared up to Kate with pleading eyes. Kate shook her head and swept her eyes over her staff.


“This one can wait until tomorrow, We’re done for the day.”


A light sound of joy spread across her desk as the Acolytes started to make their way back to the temple residences. Kate leaned over to the new box and lifted the corner to peak inside. 10,000 tiny humans met her eyes as she took in their expressions.


“Just sit tight, 16 hours and we’ll get to you.”


There was a cute outburst of protest as the Priestess closed the lid on the tribute box. Offering her hand down to her two disciples she stood from her desk. Feena and Danielle jumped up onto her hand and skillfully climbed her forearm before jumping over to her belt. Securing themselves in her waistband as they did every evening. Kate smiled down at her two companions as she strode out of the temple tribute chamber.


As they passed the threshold into what should have been the temple, Kate found herself in a large plush bed chamber, unfamiliar to her. She turned to go back only to find the door was no longer behind her. Standing in confusion she saw the movement coming from the bed as a mess of purple hair emerged. The Goddess sat up and looked over to her through messy bed hair. Kate had never been the same scale as the Goddess before, seeing her like this caught her off guard. The Goddess gaze started to shift into a glare before Kate realised her mistake. She fell to her knees.


“Goddess, I beg your forgiveness, I was slow to take in your divinity”


Kate averted her eyes to the floor as the Goddesses sock-clad feet appeared before her. She spoke above her in a voice that seemed to echo around the room.


“You used to be a journalist Kate, I’ve decided to start a news organisation, or rather, I've decided that you will start one for me, Get Priestess Helena to replace you in tribute services and then report to Lisa on New Valis. She knows what I want.”


The sock clad feet walked away without waiting for a reply. The Priestess waited until she was sure the Goddess was gone before she stood. The emotions that rushed through her ranged from fear to excitement as her mind poured over the Goddesses command.


Miranda Dayson - Founder of the Goddess Charlotte Society, New Valis

 

“And, Banned, Heretical little shit...oh and another…”


This was how Miri spent her days, purging the online fan sites of heresy. People who doubted the divinity of her Goddess had no place expressing an opinion. Her sister threw a sock at her from the other side of the room.


“It’s not healthy Miranda, being so obsessed, We both know she's real but we are nothing to her, you need to live your life!”


Miri tossed the sock back as she flipped her laptop around, proudly showing the latest banner advert across the top of the fan site.


“Look, The Goddess is starting a news organisation in our city, She is sending a new Priestess to oversee it, Priestess...uh...Kate...According to the forums she's originally from New Valis! That's 2 Priestesses from New Valis!” 


Her sister, Jordan, crawled across the floor to read the banner. Shaking her head she clicked through to the site.


“Here, She’s not looking for help, she’s just announcing it will be here”


Miranda turned the screen around again and scrutinized the page, scrolling through the pages and reading every piece of available information. She sighed and slammed it closed.

“It’s only an hour away, I am going to head to the temple and beg to be part of it, This is my chance to follow in the Priestesses footsteps, to finally serve the Goddess! I was born for this, you know that J!”


Jordan shook her head and left the room, Miri closed the door behind her as she grabbed her duffle bag. She had a trip to pack for.


Acolyte Marianna - Acolyte of Disciple Feena

 

Mari snuck out the back door of the temple. Digging in her pocket for her fireleaf, she lit the rolled up leaf and brought it to her lips, inhaling the smoke. Being an Acolyte on New Valis made her roughly 20ft tall compared to the normal population. Which was a bit larger than she was used to in the temple. The humans were always pestering her for worship and it was starting to stress her out.


Feena had brought her to New Valis to work with Priestess Kate on the new universal news network. A broadcast that would be mandatory viewing on every world in the Goddesses domain. The pressure to get everything right was real and carried divine consequences. She slid down the wall to a seated position as she sucked deep on her fireleaf. The small voice immediately grated on her last nerve.


“Excuse me? Do you work with Priestess Lisa?”


Marianna’s head snapped down to the left, a Redheaded human was standing there staring up at her, Mari’s temper snapped as her hand struck out, knocking the girl over. In one smooth motion she lifted herself up and swung her ass over the small girl, sitting back down. A sense of power and relief washed over her as she relaxed back, taking another hit of her leaf. 


Smirking down between her legs she looked at the squirming human.


“I am a god to you, kiss my ass and tell me i'm beautiful.”


Mari sneered as she maneuvered the small human so her head peered out from between her thighs. The small girl was gasping for breath as she squirmed pleasurably under her, gasping for air. Another deep drag on her fireleaf she blew the hot smoke straight down into the face of her small prisoner, giggling at her coughs and screams. 


“My name is...Miranda, Priestess Kate asked to see me!”


The Acolyte stopped momentarily as she scrutinized the squirming woman under her. The little worm had invoked the name of the Priestess.

“And why, would our Divine Priestess, waste her time with a lowly mortal? She always 

said the only place for mortals was in the tribute system!”


Mari said with a sneer as she reached under her to pull the small woman free. The knee-high mortal brushed herself off as she stood eye level to Marianna’s slouched seated position. Miranda reached into her bag and pulled out a piece of paper, reading from it.


“Miranda Dayson, In light of your dedicated work as leader of the Goddess Charlotte Society I hereby invite you to work with me on our new News Organisation, Please come to-”


The Acolyte snatched the paper and read the final section on her own. The fireleaf was making her feel horny but also dropped her skepticism down by a margin. Glaring back at the small girl she closed her eyes and shook her head.


“Fine, Let’s take you to see the Priestess…”



Kate Tomes: GCNN Priestess

 

The stellar chart was impressive as Kate took her time to appreciate the number of planets under the Goddesses control. Lisa was sitting in the corner talking to a small mortal woman as the final touches were being made to the complicated broadcasting arrays. Kate left Dani and her crew to work as she sat next to Lisa.


“Are you going to introduce me to your speck?”


She offered jokingly as Lisa shot her a glare. The Priestess of the world then apologised to the mortal. Kate studied her closely, making sure it wasn't the Goddess in disguise. Convinced she was an ordinary mortal she turned a confused look towards Priestess Lisa who finally replied.


“Priestess Kate, Meet Rebecca, Rebecca is a personal friend of Goddess Charlotte.”


Kate's jaw fell open as she looked at the speck of a woman sat on the shelf between them. Lisa continued as Kate's imagination struggled to comprehend.


“The Goddess has weekly meetings with Becky here, secretly, I caught her trying to escape a Coffee Shop last week, drenched in divine residue, She told me everything.”


The tiny woman waved up at Kate who forced a smile onto her lips.


“Pleasure Miss Rebecca, You wouldn’t happen to be coming to the temple on friday would you?”


Rebecca nodded as she spoke in almost muted mortal volume.


“The Goddess thought we should have tea at her place instead of the coffee shop on account of Lisa.”


Kate felt her eyebrow lift as she looked back over to Lisa.


“That explains the last minute special requests the Goddess made of the tribute chamber before reassigning me here. Little Rebecca here is getting the full Emma special on friday.”


Lisa let out a childish squee as she lit up in a massive smile. Turning down to the confused looking mortal she explained.


“The Goddess is having her personal chef prepare food for you, It will be the most exquisite flavours you have ever tasted!”


Kate wondered if the mortal realised that the Goddess planned on feeding her thousands of her own kind. She was tempted to mention it but thought better of it. Turning back to check on the progress of the broadcast hardware she felt a small tap on her ankle. Glancing down she saw an Acolyte looking up at her. She sighed as she lifted her feet to plant them either side of the tiny woman. Standing to her full height she towered over the small Acolyte. Placing her hands firmly on her hips she stared down over her breasts.


“What does an Acolyte expect to gain by disturbing her Priestess?”


The small woman fell to her knees, Kate narrowed her gaze as she saw the speck of a mortal standing next to the kneeling Acolyte. 


“Wonderful Priestess Kate, I bring you the mortal Miranda Dayson, as you requested!”


Kate fell slowly into a squat, examining the two women at her feet. She sneered as she lifted her sandal-clad foot, bringing it down on top of the small Acolyte. 


“Mortals belong in the tribute system, Why would you be so stupid as to bring one before me!”


She felt a small crack as she broke something in the tiny Acolyte, the woman burst into screams as Disciple Feena came running over. The Disciple knelt before her foot, before begging for the Acolytes life. Kate shrugged.


“She’s one of yours Feena? Take her, Discipline her.”


Lifting her foot she saw the mangled Acolyte and shook her head. Reaching down she plucked the speck of a mortal up between her fingers. Lifting the tiny being her to eyes she studied the mortal girl.

“And who are you to lead one of my Acolytes to her death?”


The girl squirmed and screamed in her fingers. Kate turned around and dropped her on the tiny shelf next to Rebecca. The mortal slowly recovered before kneeling down before Kate's dark gaze.


“Priestess, I am Miranda, Head of the Goddess Charlotte Society, I have come to work for you! To earn the ability to serve Goddess Charlotte!” 


Lisa burst out into a giggle as she winked over to Kate who sighed. 


“Listen, you are dust to the Goddess, you are dust to us, You will always be dust. Any last words?”


Miri blanched and looked between the two huge priestesses before turning to look at Rebecca who was standing there watching. Miranda turned away from Kate and addressed Becky directly.


“Please, you understand! Tell them I can serve! Please, I heard you were friends with her, please, give me a chance, ask the Goddess to let me serve her!”


Rebecca turned to look up at Kate. She spoke clearly as addressed the massive looming priestess.


“I can’t speak for the Goddess, She would trust her priestesses to know her will, Priestess Kate, you have authority in this building, Priestess Lisa, you have authority on this planet.”


The faces of the huge women seemed pleased by the answer as their eyes turned to the new mortal as a new voice echoed from all around.


“And I have authority over everything...put the speck to work.”


Kate felt her presence behind her as the light wind blew her hair to the side. Both Priestesses turned slowly and fell to their knees as the Goddess stood in the middle of the room eating what appeared to be a donut with small blue orbs in the icing. Then she vanished.


As they returned to their seats Kate heard Rebecca asking if the Goddess did that alot. Lisa extended her finger to Becky who hopped up and sat on the tip. Lisa smiled and nodded to Kate before also vanishing from the room. Exhaling sharply Kate turned her glare to the speck on the shelf who was smirking.


“Listen here you little mite, You’re now mine, You will work harder than tiny your tiny body can handle and when you fail, my toe will be the last thing you see! DANI! I have a mortal for you to put to work!”


Miranda's smirk never left her face as the large disciple appeared and snatched her, dragging her away from an agitated looking Priestess.