The Undertall Virus by macromega
Summary:

A research project on a virus to make overweight people grow taller inbto their weight goes awry, and, when the results get too big, the lab wants to keep its secret at all costs.


Categories: Adventure, Growing Woman, Gentle Characters: None
Growth: Mini GTS (16-30ft)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 12590 Read: 64178 Published: February 08 2012 Updated: February 08 2012

1. Chapter 1 by macromega

2. Chapter 2 by macromega

3. Chapter 3 by macromega

4. Chapter 4 by macromega

5. Chapter 5 by macromega

6. Chapter 6 by macromega

7. Chapter 7 by macromega

8. Chapter 8 by macromega

9. Epilogue by macromega

Chapter 1 by macromega

Transcribed from the audio journal of Dr. Paul Ahearn, research scientist.

Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2011

We have received approval to go forward with human testing of our experimental new virus.  This will mark a first as a way of addressing human health, and may be a real breakthrough in the treatment of obesity.

The virus, R-4572-B, has shown great promise in lab animals.  Overweight animals treated with the virus grew to the point that their weight was appropriate, the fat transformed into additional size, muscle and bone.  The tests also showed that animals of normal weight were immune.

The virus has been given a nickname, coined by my colleague Dr. Jessica Egolf:  the Undertall Virus.  The name stems from a joke that was popular in the 1990s, "I'm not overweight; I'm undertall."

Ironically, Jessica herself would seem at a glance, to those unfamiliar with the virus, to be an ideal candidate for the virus testing.  Dr. Egolf is four feet, eleven-and-a-half inches tall and well over 200 pounds in weight.

The problem for her is that her situation is as extreme as it is.  The virus' effects on more extreme obesity cases isn't where we are in testing.  Among the women, we're starting with those who are more than  five-foot -two and under 200 pounds in weight, but above their recommended weight by at least 10 percent.  More extreme and morbidly obese testing will come later.

We will select test subjects tomorrow.

***

Thursday, Oct. 6, 2011

The test subjects have been selected.  Fifty men and 50 women were chosen.

I was surprised to discover that Dr. Egolf had applied to be a test subject.  She was reminded that she was ineligible for the tests as a member of the team, and that her physical condition didn't meet the tests requirements.

The virus will be administered tomorrow.  From there, the gestation period has been six days in the analog animals;  we'll see if that pans out here.

***

Oct. 8, 2011

There was an accident during virus administration today -- only I'm not sure it was an accident.

A vial of the virus was dropped in a room with three of the subjects.  It landed on a corner of the table and aerosolized, exposing all three of the subjects to the virus, along with the team member administering it -- Dr. Egolf.

The subjects exposed included two women and one man.  Their data will still be included in the experiment, but not Dr. Egolf's since she wasn't part of the approved testing group.

Still, Jessica didn't seem overly upset by the development, and her condition will definitely need to be monitored.

I have to admit, I hope it helps Jessica.  She's very facially pretty -- beautiful, even -- but I don't think she gets much attention from men.  The truth is, I'd ask her out myself, but I've always been hesitant to date a colleague.

***

Friday, Oct. 14, 2011

We got a surprise from our initial data today.  The only people growing from the virus' effects appear to be those who were exposed to the aerosolized virus -- and only the women.

Even more surprising was that the woman who demonstrated the most growth after one day was Jessica. Where the other two only grew about a tenth of an inch, Jessica's height increased by 1 percent.  Growing more than half an inch overnight, she is now just over five feet tall.  She beamed at the news.  Her smile is really quite lovely.

***

Monday, Oct. 17, 2011

Our overall test results of the Undertall Virus have been very disappointing.  The two official test subjects who grew each stopped after gaining about an inch.  This is totally at odds with the testing on the animal subjects.

The only person exposed to the virus who is still growing is Jessica. She is five-foot-two-today, and indicated she is continuing to grow about one percent of her height each day.

I have to admit, I told her how glad I was for her and patted her hand as I did so.  She smiled back at me and said, "Thank you,"

***

Monday, Oct. 24, 2011

Jessica's growth is continuing.  She's now actually slightly taller than most of the other women on staff at five feet, six-and-a-half inches.

I've also noticed that she has begun to flirt with me more and more.  I haven't intentionally flirted back, but she is becoming more and more attractive every day, and I already thought she was pretty.  I suspect I've sent her some signals of interest;  it would be difficult for me not to do so.

***

Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011

Now standing nearly five-foot-eight, Jessica approached me this afternoon.  "Um, look, Paul," she said.  "I was wondering if I could interest you in a date Friday -- say, dinner and a movie?"

It was hard for me to resist the tall beauty, even if she is still a bit on the heavy side.  I agreed.  We'll see what happens Friday.

***
Friday, Oct. 28, 2011

Jessica surprised me when she arrived for our date.  She was wearing spiked heels that made her six feet tall.  She looked me in the eye when she arrived.

It appeared to startle Jessica, too.  Then I told her how lovely she looked -- which was the truth -- and she beamed at me.  That smile was hard to resist.

I noticed that Jessica ate what seemed like a lot of food, even for a woman of her weight, at the restaurant.  She also consumed a fair amoun t of popcarn at the movie.

Still, it was hard to concentrate on things scientific.  Jessica has become an amazon beauty, and she definitely seems to be as interested in me as I am in her.

When she dropped me at my house,. Jessica looked unsure of what to do.  "I really enjoyed myself tonight," she said.

"I did, too," I said.  "Can I see you again -- outside the lab, I mean?"

Jessica's eyes widened as she smiled.  "I'd like th"at," she said.  "Um, actually, I've been invited to a costume party Monday for Halloween.  I could use a date for that.  I know it's short notice for a costume, but would you be interested?"

"Very," I said.

"Um, … Paul, there's a problem, maybe.  Every indication is that I'm still growing.  That means that, in my costume's heels, I'll be taller than you.  Are you OK with that?"

I smiled and shrugged at the same time.  "I think most of the other guys there will be jealous of me being with the most beautiful woman in the room," I said.  "Besides, as long as I'm with you, that's what matters.  I don't care if I hurt my neck looking up at you, even."

Jessica's eyes were tearing up.  "You think I'm beautiful."

"Actually, I always have," I said.

Suddenly I was being kissed -- hard.  I didn't object.  It was both a solution to an awkward moment and what I'd wanted to do anyway.

***

Monday, Oct. 31, 2011

Jessica is now taller than most of the men here at just a little bit more than five-foot-eleven.  She's still shorter than me -- Today.  By tomorrow, she'll be about my height, and taller than me by Wednesday.

I had pieced together a costume as a street vendor using a cap, jacket and some watches I pinned to the jacket's lining.  I arrived at Jessica's home and rang the bell.

When  she opened the door, my eyes almost popped out o my head.  Jessica was dressed as Wonder Woman, and towered over me in her heels.

"What do you think?" she asked

I couldn't find words.  I just grinned in amazement.

"That good?" she said.

I nodded.

"So, you're a street hustler?"

I nodded. "And I think you just may have my heart under arrest."

Jessica placed a finger to my lips.  "Hold onto that thought for later," she said.

"Yes ma'am," I said.           

Chapter 2 by macromega

Transcribed from the audio journal of Dr. Paul Ahearn, research scientist, continued.

Nov. 1, 2011

Jess walked in today at work.  She was wearing three-inch heels, which, with the virus' effects, made her three inches taller than me.  At her current rate of growth, by tomorrow, she'll be taller than me when we're both barefoot.

Jess is flirting with me more openly.  I have to admit, I like it.  I always thought Jess was pretty, facially speaking.  Now, as she gets taller and her weight is converted to bone and muscle, she's getting to be as sexy as she is beautiful.

The truth is, I've always been shy around women.  As Jess is becoming stronger and more assertive, the impact on me is positive, too.

Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2011

Jess asked me out today.  We're going out on Friday after work.  The plan is dinner and dancing, followed by a movie.  She's now taller than me, and the difference will be more pronounced by then.

I can hardly wait.

*****

Friday, Nov. 4, 2011

I arrived at Jess' apartment for our date.  She's more than 2 inches taller than me today, and she came to the door towering over me in spike heels.  My jaw dropped.

Jess looked genuinely nervous.  "Is this OK?" she asked.  "If this makes you uncomfortable, I can change into flats."

I grinned up at her, hoping it wasn't a leer.  "Are you kidding?" I said.  "I'm going to be the most envied man there.  Don't you dare put on lower heels -- unless  you want to for yourself, that is."

"You don't mind my being so tall?"

I shook my head.  "Short or tall, I like you," I said.  "You're the one I want to spend my night with."

Jess leaned down and whispered in my ear, caressing its edge with her fingertip.  "I'll bear that in mind," she said.

We went to a buffet for dinner.  I was amazed at how much Jess ate.  If the serum was working as it should, Jess' apetite shouldn't have increased, but it was clear now that it had increased between each date.  I was concerned.

Jess looked up at me from her plate. She was finishing her second plate of main course and looking to get dessert.  I had finished my dessert already.  "You OK?" she asked.

I smiled back.  This wasn't the time to raise the issue, and I was enjoying my gorgeous date too much.  "I'm fine," I said.  "Just looking at the prettiest girl in the room."

Jess beamed back at me.

We went to a club to dance.  Jess was amazing, and drew a lot of attention.  While she's still a bit heavy for her height, she carries it well, and almost all the men were paying attention to whatever she did. She made a point of hanging on my arm or by my side the entire time, which made me feel good.

After a while, Jess leaned in by my ear.  "Let's skip the movie and head to your place," she said.

"My place?"

Jess nodded.  "It's closer than mine, and you did say you want to spend the night with me earlier."

I looked up. The pleasant amazement and question must have been evident, because Jess nodded, a playful look in her eye.  "Let's go, handsome," she said.

When we got back to my place, Jess' passions bubbled over almost as soon as we closed the door.  We fell into each other's arms -- and out of our clothes -- with great rapidity.  We were making out, then making love, first on the sofa, then in the bedroom.

I fell asleep for awhile, then Jess dozed off.  I woke up when her backside bumped into me.  At first I just thought she'd moved in bed.  Then  I realized she was growing.

I lifted the covers enough to see her body slowly elongating.  It was subtle, but noticeable. After a few minutes, it stopped.  If our calculations had been correct -- and it appeared they were -- she was now closer to three inches taller than me.

(Woman's voice in background):  Paul?

Paul: Oh, hi, Jess.

Jess: Whatcha doing?

Paul: I was just making an entry into my journal.  Actually I was just finishing.  Here, let me just turn th--

(Device shuts off.)

*****

Jessica Egolf's voice:

Hi, Paul, it's Jess.  You've gone back to sleep, and I wanted to leave you this message this way.

First off, if you find me gone when you get up, it's only temporary.  We've got a weekend we can spend together, and I want to.

Oh, by the way, if you need it for your journal, it's very early on Saturday, Nov. 5.

Secondly, I wanted to let you know about the eating.  I can see you want to ask me about it, but you're holding back.  The truth is, I want to tell you, but I'm not sure I understand it myself, and so I'm not sure how to explain.  It's probably easier for me to try it like this.

See, I like growing, and I've always loved eating.  This feels to me like my biology is making me grow and causing me to eat to fuel the growth, but how much of it is that and how much is psychological I don't know.

I've been running some tests on my biology at work to see if I can figure it out.  So far, they're inconclusive.  I don't know if we'll ever know.

But I know this much, Paul.  Don't ever be afraid to ask me anything.  I'll do my best to answer you.  I've always had some … feelings for you, but was afraid to make them known.  I regret that now.  I think we wasted a lot of time with each of us standing off from the other.

Anyway, I'm going to go home to get a few things -- the stuff I'd picked up in preparation for the next few days.  If you don't want me to come back, call my cell.  Otherwise, I'll be here in a bit.

Voice of Paul Ahearn:

Saturday, Nov. 5, 2011

I awoke to find Jess coming back in the door.  She explained what she had been doing, and asked if it was OK.  I told her the truth:  I'm thrilled with the idea of having her to myself for a weekend.  She beamed that effervescent smile of hers.

She also told me she'd left me a message on this recorder, and that I should play it before I made any more journal entries.  She promised she hadn't listened to the journal in the meantime.

I played her message back before this recording, then went over to my towering girlfriend and hugged her.  "Thanks for the message," I said.  "I'll bear the instruction you left me in mind.  You do the same, OK?"

"Deal," Jess said.

*****

Monday, Nov. 7, 2011

Jess put on the work outfit she had with her this morning.  She's almost 4 ½ inches taller than me today.  I have to confess, one of the things I've enjoyed is watching her grow at night -- and, at times, putting my hands on part of her body as she's growing.  When she's growing, she's in her heaviest sleep, so she's never noticed, although I've told her about it.

At breakfast, Jess suggested that we formalize this arrangement and move in together -- but at her apartment.  That actually makes practical sense.  She has a king-size bed, an oversize futon in the living room and higher ceilings in her apartment than mine.  We agreed to make the move this weekend.  She's heading back to her place after she gets off work to start getting ready for the move, and I'll be over to help as our schedules permit.

*****

Friday, Nov. 11, 2011

We had a new problem today relating to Jess' increasing height.  She scraped her head on the top of the door here at work today. She said she'd done it at home, too, but only after she put on her shoes.  That actually makes sense;  She's  a half-inch over six-foot-seven today, and standard doorframes have a clearance of six-foot-eight. She won't clear that height until tomorrow, but the shoes' soles' thickness is enough to add the needed height.

At six-seven-and-a-half, Jess is now stronger than me by a considerable amount.  That made the move-in process easier as we could both carry things quickly.

*****

Monday, Nov. 14, 2011

Jess landed in my office crying today.  She's having a harder and harder time fitting in her car to drive, and she scraped her head on the doorframe of her bedroom in her bare feet this morning.  Fortunately, we live in a city with bus service;  Jess is getting to be too tall for taxi service to easily work for her either, and the best estimates I've got for her growth now comes out taller than any NBA center ever  -- and that's assuming her food intake levels off, which it's showing no signs of doing yet.

I consoled her as best I could.  Then she stood up, and I realized I was no longer chin-high on her.  She looked down at me and smiled.  I couldn't help but smile back.  God help us both, but she keeps getting more beautiful as she gets taller.

Jess is growing more than 8/10 of an inch per day now.  It's still only one percent of her height, but there's a lot more height now than there was when this started.

In fact, Jess will clear seven feet tall this week at her current rate of growth.  If I'm right, eight feet won't be far off, and that may not be the end of it.

In the short term, I'll drive Jess back and forth to work with her sitting across the back seat of my car -- but that won't buy us any further than 'til the end of the month, if my math is even close.           

Chapter 3 by macromega

Continued from the audio journal of Dr. Paul Ahearn, research scientist:

Nov. 17, 2011

It's official:  Jess has cleared seven feet tall today.  She's over by about a third of an inch.  She seems to be settling into the idea of how big she's getting.  I'm still awestruck by her size and beauty.

Thanksgiving is a week away.  This will be our first Thanksgiving as a couple.  With Jess' increasing appetite, I'm hoping there will be enough for me to eat.

Nov. 19, 2011

Jess went grocery shopping today for later in the week and bought two turkeys.  I was surprised, to say the least.  She explained that she will have the oven and an electric roaster in use, and that her family is coming over.  She invited my mom and sister as well.  I extended the invitation to them and they accepted.  Neither of them has ever met Jess.  I warned them how tall she was, based on how tall she'll probably be on Thursday.  Her growth rate is now about seven-eighths of an inch per day, and climbing fast.

What Jess has done to explain her condition to her family she hasn't said.

Nov. 24, 2011

Well, we survived Thanksgiving dinner.  It was an adventure, mainly because of Jess' family.

To start with, Jess it about seven feet, six-and-a-half inches tall today.  Everyone was a bit freaked out by just how tall she was, but especially her side.  She had explained to them what her condition was and how she got that way ahead of time, but they still weren't ready for it.

My mom and sister weren't especially phased by Jess' height.  I suspect that was because they had never seen her before the growing started.  Mom's eyes got wide when she first saw her, but she smiled and otherwise had a good time.  My sister, Lisa, leaned over to me at one point and said, "You told us she was tall.  You didn't tell us how hot she is.  Nice going, bro!"

Jess' mom made a bit of a scene when she tried to get Jess to cut down on how much she ate during the meal.  Granted, the chief reason we had a second turkey was so Jess could eat most of one, but the moment was uncomfortable.

After dinner came the real blow-up, when  Jess' dad started getting riled up over he condition.  Quickly, he was shouting, threatening to sue the lab.  Jess stayed calm at first, pointing out that the accident that exposed her to the Undertall Virus was her own fault, so suing the lab wouldn't do any good.  After he just kept getting more worked up, she calmly walked over, picked him up by his shirt callar ant told him to get a grip or she'd put him over her knee and spank him, since he was acting like a baby.  He was so stunned by the whole experience he stopped there.

After that, there was some undercurrent of tension, but things settled down.  Jess' family left soon after.  My mom and sis hung around a while longer to help with clean-up and get to know Jess a bit better.

While wasking out the electric roaster, Mom said, "Jessica, did I understand rightly that you're experiencing some sort of rapid growth?"

Jess sighed.  "I'm afraid so, Mrs. Ahearn," she said.  "I'm growing nearly an inch a day right now, and it's speeding up, not slowing down."

Mom looked up sympathetically, then reached up and patted Jess' upper arm.  "Well, for whatever its' worth, I've never seen Paul so happy.  I think he really loves you.  I hope that you stop growing soon -- if that's what you really want."

Jess looked down at Mom, smiling inquisitively.

Mom's smile broadened.  "You like being big and strong, don't you?  And Paul's comfortable with it, too, isn't he?"

"How could you tell?" Jess asked.

Mom shrugged.  "I know my son," she said.  "He's always liked strong, intelligent women, and you're both.  I suspect you were strong on the inside before you were on the outside, from what he's said about his feelings for you. "

Jess bent down and hugged Mom.  "Thank you," she said.

"Thank you for caring about my son," Mom said.  "Look, Jess, as long as you two are happy and able to make a workable life for yourselves, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.  Understand?"

Jess nodded.

"So just make yourselves happy, and take good care of my Paul."

Jess hugged Mom again, this time picking her up.  "Thank you, Mrs. Ahearn.  I can see where your son gets some of his wonderful personality."

"You're welcome, dear," Mom said.  "And, from what I've seen, it's OK with me if you call me Mom, or at least something other than Mrs. Ahearn."

Jess , beaming, pulled Mom back, still holding her aloft.  "You've got it, Mom," she said, kissing her on the cheek.

As they were leaving, Lisa said to me, "Lucky dog!"

Mom patted my hand.  "She's a keeper, dear," she said.  "With her … condition, there may be some bumps in your road ahead, but I can see what you see in her.  She's something special."

After rhey'd left, Jess collapsed onto the futon.  "Well, at least my folks liked you," she said.

I stood at the futon's end and rubbed her broad shoulders.  "They were just worrying about you, trying to say they care," I said.

"I know," Jess said.  "But it's not like I'm not thinking about this all the time.  I just don't know what to do next."

"Long-term, neither do I," I said.  "Short-term, I have a suggestion."  I leaned down and nibbled on her ear and neck.


Jess tipped her head back.  "Mmmm, I like this suggestion," she said.  'Do you mind if I act on it aggressively?"

"You heard my Mom," I said.  "I like strong women."

Jess stood up, picked me up around my abdomen and carried me on her hip back toward the bedroom.  "Do I qualify?" she asked.

"Definitely," I said, grinning at the thought of what was to come.           

Chapter 4 by macromega

Continued from the audio journal of Dr. Paul Ahearn:

Nov. 30, 2011

Jess hit eight feet tall today.  Her growth is showing no signs of slowing, nor is her ever-increasing appetite.  She now weighs 370 pounds and is growing about a full inch each day.

Part of why this concerns me is that, even with Jess not being a good candidate for the virus, it shouldn't have made her this big. She should have stopped growing nearly a foot ago.

At the same time, I can't help but be smitten with the spectacularly strong, sexy woman I'm living with.  She is amazing, and making love to her is a wondrous experience in its own right.

Still, Jess is having increasing problems with everyday things.  We had to get one of those senior-citizen cell phones for her with the oversized buttons so she can use a phone; her fingers are too big for the tiny keys on most phones.  They're even starting to get think enough for keyboards, which is limiting her ability to work even more than clothes, transportation, low ceilings and lower doorways.

The lab hierarchy has approached me because they are trying to work outr a package to place Jess on paid medical leave.  I'm hoping we can avoid this as long as possible, but each proceeding day makes that seem less and less likely.

Dec. 2, 2011

I convinced Jess to go out with me for dinner and dancing tonight.  A movie is only viable if we can get the front row seats, and then Jessica has to slouch down.  She agreed, but I can tell she's starting to feel like a freak when she's in public."

Now 8-foot-2, Jess is the most impressive beauty when she walks into the room.  Even at two feet taller than most men, she still attracts them -- especially the best-looking ones -- like a moth to a flame.

I am, frankly, flattered she still chooses me over them.  But her tenderness toward me tells me why.  Jessica loves me.

I'm trying to plan for our first Christmas together, but that date is more than three weeks and at least two feet from now.  I can't help but be nervous.  If Jess gets that big, I'll only be hip-high on her, and she'll be growing far faster than she is now.  I have to admit, I hope it ends soon. … but I'm beginning to fear it won't ever end.

Dec. 3, 2011

It's official:  Jess is now the tallest woman in the world and ever.  She's just under 8-foot-3, which has propelled her to the record height.  There's also no evidence that her growth is slowing.

She's starting to attract more and more attention in public, and getting her clothing is becoming an increasing problem as she increases.  Fortunately, she's slim in the hips and waist now, but her bustline is massive, even for her height.  I suspect she's going to either have to have things tailor-made or go with a lot of bare-midriff looks.  At least these days she has the midriff for it.

Dec. 5, 2011

Jess is nearly 101 inches tall today, or almost 8-foot-5.  Since she's still adding 1 percent of the previous day's height each day, that means she's now growing more than an inch per day.

Jess was clearly upset at work today, but wouldn't say why.  She waited until we were home to tell me that management is starting to pressure her about her height.  She believes they don't want her case to go public because the publicity could hurt the company.  She may just be a bit paranoid, but it wouldn't be the best publicity.  I don't think I blame her for being nervous.

Our bedroom antics are becoming more and more adventurous, in part because Jess is more ravenous in that area with every passing day.  She's strong enough now to dominate me, but is still working to keep things mutual.  The sex is glorious, but I am concerned that, as all her body keeps growing, I may not be adequate for all her needs at some point.  When I raised the subject to her, she just said, "We'll find a way to make things work for both of us.  Don't worry."  "She's been calling me, "Little Man," and she's my "Big Mama."

Dec. 9, 2011

At 8-foot-7, Jess is the most magnificent creature I have ever seen.   We went out dancing tonight, but had to take a bus there and back;  She's just too big for any other mode of transport, and even the buses are becoming uncomfortably small.

(Voice of Dr. Jessica Egolf)

Hi, honey, it's me.  It's the night of Dec. 11, but you've been asleep for a while.

I wanted you to hear this, but you alone.  I'm leaving tonight.  I'm so sorry.  I love you so much, but right now, I'm a danger to you.

See, the lab basically told me not to come in anymore, and to keep a low profile -- not to go out in public at all.  They are afraid of what my condition will mean for their future.  The only trip I'm supposed to make is in to work tomorrow to sign some paperwork for the leave of absence.

When I realized this was coming, I did a little checking.  It turns out they're planning to get me locked up somewhere and claim I'm out of my mind, thinking I'm growing.  They've already filed the paperwork with a court.  You can check for that record online if you want -- but not from a work computer, for your own safety.

Paul, I love you.  Save this journal.  Take the flash drive it's on, make at least one back-up copy, and hide them in different places.  Keep one copy where you can access it, but keep it hidden.  Don't carry it on you and don't leave it where it can be easily found.  If they've got me hidden away, your journal is my best evidence of the reality of my condition.  They won't do anything to you as long as they can't find me.  I've got a plan.  I'll be in touch.  It won't be anything obvious, but you're sharp enough to figure out a clue or two.

God, I love you.  (sound of a sob.)  I've gotta go.  I'll see you as soon as I can.  I love you.  Good-bye.

(Voice of Paul Ahearn)

Dec. 12, 2011

I heard Jess' message this morning.  I hid the journal in a secret compartment in Sarah's headboard before going to work, aand picked up two spare flash drivesw to make copies.

When I checked online court records, I saw that Calder Penn Richardson Labs has filed a legal action.  Before leaving for work, I called my lawyer and asked her to meet me for dinner to update my will.  She agreed to do so tonight.

At the lab today, I was grilled twice by my boss about where Jess was and called into Dr. Calder's office, where he pumped me for information on the same subject.  I told him the truth; that I have no idea where she is.  He didn't like that answer, but at one poin the looked me right in the eye while I was talking.  He sighed and sagged back in his chair.  "You really don't know, do you?" he said.  Then he let me out of the office.

One other oddity I discovered today.  Jess' last brain scans showed that, as she's growing, the number of neurons in her brain that are active also are increasing.  Simply put, Jess is becoming smarter and smarter, able to see more and more possibilities in advance -- to anticipate things and  prepare for them.

I made a copy of the journal on a flash drive and took it with me to meet with Ruby, my attorney.  First I asked if she had any dealings with Calder Penn Richardson that could eb a conflict of interest if I wound up in a legal action against them.  She said she didn't.

I explained that I wanted to update my will and that the information was on a flash drive.  I handed her the drive, which was wrapped in a note.  The note said, "Secure this flash drive in a safe place.  Do not release it until directed to do so by me or in the event something happens to me.  Be ready to release it on a moment's notice.  For your own safety, do not examine the contents unless I tell you to or something happens to me."

Ruby's reaction  was as cool as I hoped it would be.  Lawyers are trained not to look flustered or surprised.  She read the note casually, nodded and pocketed the drive.  "I understand," she said.

"Of course, I'll pay for your services," I said.  "Trust me.  This is much bigger than you might think, at least to me."

Ruby simply nodded.  Then our food arrived.

Dec. 14, 2011

The apartment was ransacked today while I was at work.  I couldn't identify anything mssing.  Fortunately, they didn't find the secret compartment with this journal.  But it's beginning to look like Jess was right.

God, I miss her.  I hope she's all right.  And I can't help but wonder how long she can stay hidden if she keeps growing.  Even with her growing brain power, I'm just not sure how long she can stay free.           

Chapter 5 by macromega

(Excerpted from the audio journal of Dr. Paul Ahearn)

Dec. 17, 2011

This is my first full day in the apartment Jess and I shared without her.  I miss her deeply, and I worry for her.  If she's still growing, she's more than 9 feet tall, nearly nine and a half feet, today.  I'm hoping and praying she's all right.

I wish I could say I thought Jess was paranoid, but the grilling Monday by the company and the ransacking of the apartment are pretty strong evidence she was right.  So is the company's filing for custody of her.

I'm scared.  Part of me wishes Jess were here to comfort me, and for me to comfort her.  But that would put her -- and possibly me -- in danger, and that's a risk I can't take.

I wish I thought Jess could be here by Christmas.  I was looking forward to celebrating our first Christmas together.  My Mom's been pushing me to come home.  I may take her up on it, but I'm not sure I wouldn't rather be alone.

Dec. 20, 2011

I got an odd piece of mail today.  It came addressed to me with my Mom's return address, but typed, something she doesn't like to do.

The paper appeared to have been made on a computer.  It had two groups of balloons on the top and left, with each group in two clumps and each side's group separated by a single snowflake.

The text read, "Big Christmas celebration!  All our family to gather at the family cabin. Arrival time starts Dec. 23, can stay until Jan. 2.  Come join the party!"  It was signed, "Mama."

My mom has never called herself "Mama," nor have any of us called her that.  And we don't have a family cabin and never have.  We don't even have a cabin we've usually rented somewhere.  My mom hates camping.

I'd think this was a mistake, except …  OH!  I'm so stupid!  It's from Jess!  The first word is "Big" and the last word is "Mama."  That's her nickname, "Big Mama!"

But how do I find this place?  How do I get there.?"

Dec. 21, 2011

I've got it.  The balloons and snowflakes are the key.  They're code for latitude and longitude.  The snowflakes are the decimal points in the location.  They're on the top for north and left for west.  The clumps within the groups preak out individual digits.

I graphed out the location and did a Google Earth search on a prepaid cell phone I bought with cash that isn't registered in my name.  There's a cabin made from a converted barn right on the spot.  Then I used Google Maps to figure out how to get there.

Maybe I'll get my Christmas wish after all.

Dec. 23, 2011

I'm making this entry before I leave on my trip.  I've been telling folks at work about my family Christmas plans without much detail, and my family really is from the Appalachian foothills, where the cabin is located.  I'm taking a flash drive with me to maintain the journal.  There are copies of this one in several hidden locations, including at least one remote site.  With multiple copies, they can't get them all.  It's a safety valve.

Besides, I won't want to have to mess with journaling at first when I get to the cabin.  I'm going to want to focus on Jess.

(Transcribed audio from a video recording made my Dr. Jessica Egolf)

It's the evening of Dec. 23, 2011.  I've got this set up in case the person pulling up to the cabin isn't Paul.  If it's not him, I'm hoping he or someone on his side finds it.

I'm still trying to document what's happening to me, but this is the first recording of this type I've made.  Hopefully, having another person in the picture with me will show the disparity in our sizes.

(Sound of knocking at the door.)

(Jessica, trying to make her voice sound higher)  Can I help you?

(From outside the door)  More than anyone else can, Big Mama.

(Jessica) Paul!  It's you!

(Video shows Jessica running to the door and flinging it open, scooping Dr. Paul Ahearn into her arms.  They kiss passionately for several minutes.)

Jessica: "God, you look good!"

Paul:  "So do you.  Am I right that you're about 10 feet tall today?"

(Video shows Jessica nodding.) "By about a third of an inch.  You weren't followed, were you?"

Paul:  "No. I'm sure I'm here alone."

Jessica: "Here, let me shut this off. (She walks toward the concealed camera.)  I was recording in case it was some--"

(Video cuts off.)

(From the audio journal of Paul Ahearn)

Dec. 24, 2011

This has been bliss.  Jess and I have been wrapped up with each other -- physically and emotionally -- for most of the last 24 hours since I arrived.

Her capabilities are amazing.  She can use her size and strength to do things sexually that astonish me, but she can also be so gentle, so tender.

When I got here, I confirmed that my calculations were right -- Jess was just under 10 feet tall.  But she's now growing 1.2 inches per day, and so she's esssentially 10-foot-1 today, and tomorrow will be more than 10-foot-2.

I was surprised this morning when I got up to find Jess gone from the pile of mattresses and pillows she uses as a bed and smelled coffee brewing.  I was alone for just a few minutes when Jess came in through the barn doors, carrying a cord of firewood under one arm as though it weighed nothing.  As cold as it was, she was wearing only a T-shirt that was, on her, a tight, midriff-baring mini-T and some cutoff shorts.  She was a vision.

"Oh,, hi, Little Man," Jess said.  Save the rest of that pot of coffee for me, Ok?  I need a bit more than I used to."

"Sure," I said.  I pointed to her outfit.  "Aren't you a little underdressed for the weather?"

"Funny thing," Jess said.  "Once I cleared about 9 feet tall, I started being less and less susceptible to heat or cold.  I'm only wearing what I have to to make sure I'm not indecently exposed if someone turns up outside, although I don't think that's likely."

"This is a pretty isolated spot," I said.

"That's the idea," Jess said.  "More time to ourselves."

We proceeded to take more time for ourselves.

I'm recording this in the late afternoon.  We're planning to watch a Christmas Eve service on Jess' laptop as a means of worshipping, then take some time for ourselves before we worry about gifts in the morning.

Dec. 25, 2011

Last night was so romantic.  Jess had gotten a tree from the surrounding woods, which she broke off by hand.  She strung some Christmas lights around it -- I'm not sure where she got them from -- and we made love beside it in the light of the tree.

This morning we exchanged gifts.  Jess had gotten me a new necktie, very conservative and appropriate for work -- the kind of thing my Mom might have given me.  That was on purpose, she said.

She also gave me a set of pajama pants for wearing when it's just us.  They were simple, dark blue and, she said, look very sexy on me.

I gave Jess a five-pound chocolate bar and the biggest box of chocolates I could find.  I also had some sleepwear for her.  It would have been a floor-length nightie on any other woman, but on her it was a tiny teddy.  I also included several sets of panties, each larger sizzes, so she can keep using it for awhile as she grows.

Jess hugged me after each gift, which was fantastic.  But I had saved the best for last.

"I have one more gift," I said.  I pulled something from my pocket, and got down on one knee.  "Jessica Egolf, will you marry me?"

(Voice of Jessica)  I said yes!

(Voice of Paul, chuckling)  Yes, she did.  Obviously, we've got a lot to sort out yet, including when and how to do this.  But I've never been so sure of anything in my life.

(Voice of Jessica)  Ditto!

(Voice of Paul)  The engagement ring is actually adjustable, and is more the size of a bracelet for a normal-sized woman.  Jess could outgrow it, but she'd have to get quite huge to do so.

How all this plays out in the midst of our current situation, I'm not sure.  But I am sure we'll find a way to make things work.

(Voice of Jessica)  You know, Paul, this could help us down the line.  You'll have more legal standing as my husband than as my boyfriend.  That's not why I'm doing this --

(Voice of Paul)  I know that.

(Voice of Jessica)  I know you know.  But, if it comes to that legal maneuver of the case CPR Labs filed, you may have an edge.  Besides, I want to be Jessica Egolf Ahearn.  I like the name.

(Voice of Paul)  I like it on you.

There are a lot of things to work through, and the new year is lurking as the cutoff for this blissful visit.  But I'm going to enjoy the rest of this day with my fiancee, doing whatever we can.  Tomorrow will be here soon enough.           

Chapter 6 by macromega

(From the audio journal of Dr. Paul Ahearn, research scientist)

Dec. 26, 2011

Jess and I made more plans today.  The biggest challenge we're going to face is going to be getting the license for the wedding.  If we were out west around Nevada or near Mexico, it would be easy, but this is the Appalachian foothills, so we've got to figure out how to make this work.  Jess can't very well appear at a courthouse at present without causing quite a stir.

Of course, a stir might work to our advantage, too.  The attention  would make it impossible for CPR Labs to keep this quiet, but it would also put Jess in the position of being the world's most famous freak, and possibly even a bit of a lab rat.  That's not where we are, and we both think CPR is likely to make a move at the first hint of her presence.

We've come up with a plan, and have things worked out so -- we think -- it will work.  It's a really crazy plan, and it hinges on Jess' flexibility.

If this works, I'll describe what we did in the journal tomorrow.  If not … well, I'll describe whatever happened.  But I won't do it until then in case our position's been compromised;  Jess may use the same technique to escape.  It won't work for long;  she's getting too big.

Dec. 27, 2011

We have our marriage license, and we've booked a local minister to come up Friday to perform the ceremony.  He's been told the bride is housebound.  We'll deal with the rest Friday.

Jess had learned of an old acting technique for when a stage actor with both legs plays an amputee.  They tie their legs back so they appear to end at the knee, with the foot tied up at the backside.  Jess did that, cutting her 10-foot, 4 ½-inch height down to about 7 ½ feet.  That's still unusually tall for a woman, but not totally unheard of.  We put her in a big wheelchair, covered her with a blanket and rigged shoes at her knees.  It was crude, but good enough.  We got into the courthouse and got the license filled out.

The move was painful for Jess, but we kept the time in the courthouse short and took care of it all.  Fortunately, the local courthouse doesn't yet post documents online quickly; that'll buy us some time.

Dec. 30, 2011

I'm a married man.  Jess and I tied the knot today.  We explained to the reverend in confidence, and he agreed to keep the secret of Jess' size.  Fortunately, the marriage laws in this state don't actually require any witnesses, so we're legal without any extra prying eyes.

Jess says she has something special planned, and she's getting ready for our honeymoon.  I have to admit, I'm looking forward to it.  The woman just keeps getting hotter.

She's also growing more than an inch and a quarter per day now, and the pace is accelerating with each day.  That scares me, but there's not much to be done for it, either.  She's 10-foot-8 ¼ today, and tomorrow she'll be 10-9 ½.

(Voice of Jessica)  Oh,. Pah-aul.  I'm ready for you now, hubby.

(Voice of Paul)  Oh, my God.  Jess, you look amazing!

(Jessica)  Thank you.

(Paul) Where in the world did you get a negligee pig enough?

(Jessica) I had to piece it together.  This is actually made from several floor-length nighties for heavier women.

(Paul) I'm signing off for now.  I have a honeymoon to get to.

Jan. 1, 2012

Jess and I had a glorious New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.  Frankly, it was mostly sex.  Some of it was traditional, some not.  Jess is so big I can get my entire hand in her vagina, and I need to for that kind of sex.  Jess, on the other, um, hand, can envelop my entire cock, balls and all, in her mouth, and feeling of her gigantic tongue against it is amazing.

Because New Year's Day fell on Sunday, we have until tomorrow before I have to leave. Neither of us wanted to talk about it, but we both knew we needed to.  Finally, Jess -- now just under 10-foot-11 -- spoke up.

"Paul," she said, "When you go back tomorrow, I'll be leaving, too."

"I figured," I said.

"I can't tell you where I'm going, but I have plans together," Jess said.  "If this works, they won't be able to touch me until I'm too big to hide.  If it doesn't, then you'll hear from me on this." She held up her laptop, which was beginning to look more like a cell phone in her enormous hands.  "I've rigged things for it to work as a phone.  If you get a call from this number" -- she showed it to me on the screen of the laptop -- "then I'm on the verge of being caught."

"Do you think you can hold out long enough to get big enough -- assuming the growth doesn't stop before then?"

Jess took a deep breath.  "I hope so," she said.  "The scenarios I can foresee give me a good chance, but there are so many trap doors to this, I just can't be sure."

I hugged her, pressing my head into one of her enormous breasts.  "I love you," I said.

"I love you, too," Jess said.  "Somehow, we'll be together, Paul.  Mark my words: Somehow, we will be together."

Jan. 2, 2012

I'm recording this at a small mountainside diner in the middle of nowhere.  I need a break, and I want to record this before I get home.

Jess and I watched the Rose Parade today before I left.  By now, she's gone, too.  We made love, but it wasn't as good as it might have been.  I think we both were trying too hard, since we knew it would be the last time for awhile.

I wish I knew where she was -- but, then, if I did, she would potentially be in danger, and that's not what I want.

I expect to be grilled when I get back to the office.  I'm ready for it.  I can truthfully tell them I don't know where Jess is.

I am planning to slip Ruby an upgraded copy of this journal, along with our marriage license.  That way she'll have them, if … anything happens.

Jan. 4, 2012

CPR surprised me by not grilling me until today.  It was actually a lot like the last time.  Dr. Calder was there, and, again, he called it off when he looked directly into my eyes and decided I really didn't know by what he saw there.

I'm hoping they'll leave us alone now.  For how long they actually will, I don't know.

When I'll ever hear from my new wife again, or how big she'll be when I do, I don't know.

God, I miss her. By today, if she's still growing as she's been, she's nearly 11-foot-3.  I just hope she's OK.

I wonder if I'll ever see her again.           

Chapter 7 by macromega

From the audio journal of Dr. Paul Ahearn, research scientist:

Jan. 29, 2012

Tomorrow's my one-month anniversary with Jess -- except that almost the entire month has been spent with the two of us separated, with no contact at all.

This is no way to start a marriage, and I miss Jess terribly.  But I have to keep reminding myself of what Calder Penn Richardson would do if she hadn't run.  I might never have been in position to even marry Jess, let alone have a life with her.  At least now we have a chance.

By now, if Jess' growth hasn't stopped or changed rates, she's closing in on 15 feet tall.  She'll reach that height by Saturday, if those numbers hold.

It's funny.  Keeping track of Jess' growth lets me feel a connection to her, something I desperately need right now.  If she can make it for about another month, she's got a shot at being so big CPR Labs can't hide her from the public -- and we have a chance at a life.

If, if, if …  My life right now is nothing but ifs.  I'm still working at CPR, although the work they're giving me is a joke.  It's obvious to me that they just want to keep an eye on me.  I really believe that, if I quit, they'd find a way to … deal with me.  They feel like they can keep an eye on me this way, and it's keeping me safe … for now.

Jeez, that sounds paranoid.  Then again, my life is pretty paranoid right now.

(A recorded message on Paul Ahearn's cell phone, received Jan. 30, 2012)

Deep woman's voice:  Hello, Paul?

Paul: Jess?  Oh, God!

Jess:  Love, I'm in trouble.  I won't say where I am, since there's still a chance I can escape, but it's less than one-tenth of one percent.  So I'm setting up a video feed that I can activate and turn off by a remote.  I'm going to record whatever goes down here that'll stream whatever happens to me to your personal laptop and cell.

Paul:  Jess, are you all right?

Jess:  For the moment, yes.  How are you, Little Guy?

Paul:  Better for talking to you, even under these circumstances.

Jess: You ready to move on our plan?

Paul:  Absolutely.  I'm already on my way out of the building, asnd I'm contacting Ruby's office when I get done with this call.

Jess:  Wonderful, Love.  Look, whatever happens, just keep yourself safe, OK?

Paul:  Nope.  Not if it means I lose you.  You may be more than twice my height, but I still have to try to keep my wife safe, or get her to safety if she's in danger, and I plan to do just that.

Jess:  Love you, Little Guy.

Paul:  Love you, Big Mama.  See you soon.

Jess.  "Yeah.  Gotta go.  Bye, Love."

(From the audio journal of Paul Ahearn.)

I went straight to Ruby's office.  Fortunately, she was available to come out when I got there.  I was explaining the basics of the situation to s skeptical-looking Ruby when Jess' streaming video came into my laptop, which I had brought with me.  As it flowed in, I opened it and showed it to Ruby.

As Ruby stared at the screen and realized what she was seeing, it was the first time I had ever seen her drop her attorney's calm demeanor.  Her eyes grew wide and her jaw went slack.  After a few seconds, she said, "That's your wife?"

I nodded.

"But she's got to be 15 feet tall," Ruby said.

"Not for a few more days," I said.  "She's closer to 14 ½ feet tall today."

Ruby looked at me.  "This is what CPR wants to hide," she said.

"Right," I said.  "Jess' condition is an accident, one they don't want out because of what it could mean to the company.  They've ransacked our apartment and pursued Jess across the country to try to keep this quiet."

Ruby looked at me intensely.  "This video is from another state?" she said.

"I think so," I said.  "Those look like the Rocky Mountains out the window there."

"Bloody hell," Ruby said.  "They're kidnapping her in another state.  That's federal."

"They're probably in court now, or getting ready to be," I said.  "They were set up to try to claim Jess' custody in an emergency hearing, claiming she was out of her mind."

Ruby grabbed my wrist and started walking.  "Come with me," she said.  As we exited her ofrfice3, she told her receptionist, "Cancel all my appointments for the rest of the day.  "We've got, quite literally, the biggest case of my career here."

We got to the courthouse in a few minutes.  Ruby learned CPR's hearing had just started.

She looked at me.  "Looks like we get to make a dramatic entrance.  You ready?"

I took a deep breath.  "As I'll ever be," I said.

"Let's go," Ruby said.   We entered the courtroom.

A balding judge sat behind the bench.  On it was a sign reading, "Judge Raul Eugene."  A tall, skinny male attorney, sitting beside Dr. Calder, was speaking.

"Since the accident, Dr. Egolf is clearly incapacitated, and, having no family, we are seeking to have her remanded to care until such time as she is able to re-enter normal society."

"Your honor, as amicus curiae, may I approach the bench?" Ruby said.

"You may," the judge said.

Ruby looked at me with an expression that said, wait here.  As she walked up, Calder looked back at me, clearly surprised and upset at my presence.

After a short conference, the attorneys stepped back.  "Ms. Mulder, state for the record in what capacity you are here as a friend of the court," the judge said.

"Your honor, I represent Dr. Paul Ahearn, the husband of Dr. Jessica Egolf Ahearn," Ruby said.

"Husband?!" Calder said.  "When did that happen?"

The judge glared at Calder.

"Your honor, I object," CPR's attorney said.  "Dr. Ahearn's marriage, if it is real, clearly took place after Dr. Egolf's madness began, and after this action was filed -- and he has been responsible for fueling her delusions."

"Your honor, we have documentation of the Ahearn's marriage, which took place Dec. 30, 2011 -- and this is the first hearing to take place in this case," Ruby said.  She handed the judge what I recognized as my marriage license and the marriage certificate the pastor gave us.

The judge looked at the documents.  "I'll allow it," he said.  "No matter when he married her, Dr. Ahearn has standing to enter into this case as her husband.  Now, you mentioned delusions, Mr. Tucker.  From what delusions does Dr. Egolf allegedly suffer?"

"She believes she's a giantess, your honor," Tucker said.

Eugene looked at Ruby.  "Ms. Mulder?"

Ruby took a deep breath.  "Your honor, we contend that Mrs. Ahearn suffers from no delusions, and that CPR is seeking to squirrel her away from public visibility because of her condition -- which, if it were publicly known, could damage CPR's business."

"So, she doesn't think she's a giantess?" the judge asked.

"Actually, she does, your honor," Ruby said.  "But only because she is a giantess."

Tucker looked astonished, while Calder put his head in his hands, almost as if he were trying to hide.

The judge appeared shocked, but had glanced Calder's way during my boss' reaction.  "Ms. Mulder, this isn't 'Miracle on 34th Street,'" Eugene said.

"We have evidence, your honor," she said, picking up both my laptop and the ledgers full of data about Jess' condition I'd brought from home.  "We have scientific data, audio recordings from Dr. Ahearn's journal, which include the sound of Mrs. Ahearn's voice deepening as she grows, and several video clips.  The last are cued up on the laptop for you to see now; the others will take some time to review."

"I object," Tucker said.  "You're honor, we've not had time to review this evidence."

Ruby tossed one of my backup flash drives to Tucker.  "There you go," she said.  "And you're welcome to watch the video.  But," she turned to the judge, "your honor, since Mrs. Ahearn's immediate freedom is at stake here, it is not in her interests to wait for review."

Eugene gestured to Tucker.  "Come up here and watch," he said.  "I'll rule on admissibility later."

The first clip was my arrival at the cabin in the Appalachian foothills, which showed Jess' size.  The second was our wedding, and the third was of the goons CPR hired breaking into her Rocky Mountain  hideout and capturing her.

Tucker blanched.  Eugene was looking grim and sweating.

"My God, they Tased her," the judge said.  "She had surrendered, she was coming peacefully, and they Tased her."

"There are no badge insignia on those uniforms, your honor," Ruby said.  "Those aren't law enforcement.  They're hired thugs, brought in to kidnap Mrs. Ahearn in a attempt to hide3 her condition."

"You honor, the video's obviously a fake," Tucker said.

"Seems awfully elaborate for a fake," Eugene said.

"Your honor," Tucker protested.

Eugene raised a single finger, silencing the attorney.  "Dr. Calder, we have a problem here.  You claim Dr. Egolf is delusional to believe she's a giantess.  Dr. Ahearn claims she really is one, and has presented evidence that appears to support that claim.  There's one quick way to resolve this question:  Produce Dr. Egolf."

"What?" Calder said.

"Produce her," Eugene said.  "Bring her here.  I can see for myself if she's a giantess or not, and that will resolve the question."

"I … can't do that, your honor," he said.  "We're still getting her back into this state."

The judge raised an eyebrow.  "She was out of state?  Really?  Hmmm.  Well, bring her tomorrow, then, first thing.  She'll be back by then, correct?"

"Well, yes, but she could be a danger to you here," Calder said.

"All right then," Eugene said.  "If you can't bring her here, take the court to her tomorrow morning."

"But --"

"Dr. Calder, let me be clear," the judge said.  "You produce Dr. Egolf tomorrow, or you take me to her or you will be found in contempt and locked up while I determine what we do from here. Is that clear?"

"Yes, your honor," Calder said.

"Your honor, " Ruby said.  "People we believe to have been involved with CPR have ransacked Dr. Ahearn's home and committed this violence against Mrs. Ahearn.  We request that Dr. Ahearn be placed in protective custody and taken  to a safe location for the night, until he can be reunited with his wife tomorrow."

Eugene shook his head.  "I never thought I would be saying this, but, granted," he said.  "Dr. Ahearn, we'll make arrangements for you."

I knew Jess had more family than me, so CPR had lied about that; whether Tucker knew it was a lie, I don't know.  But I did know that her other family was only relevant if I was out of the way, and I wasn't going down without a fight.

Tonight I'm staying in a little bed and breakfast with a large guard staying on a sofa in the hallway.

Jan. 31, 2012

I was back at the courthouse at 8 a.m., when  the hearing resumed.

Then came a moment I'll never forget, one that will haunt me forever.  We rose as the judge entered.  He looked around the Jess-less room and looked at Calder.  "Well, where are we going to see Dr. Egolf?" he asked as soon as the case was back on the record.


Calder stood up.  "Unfortunately, your honor, we can't take you to see Dr. Egolf this morning," he said.  "It seems that, last night, she was able to get ahold of some glass and slashed her own throat.  She's dead -- a suicide."

I felt the whole world close in as I sagged into my chair.  I dissolved onto the table in front of me, sobbing violently at the news of the death of the love of my life.           

Chapter 8 by macromega

From the audio journal of Dr. Paul Ahearn, research scientist:

My arms were on the courtroom table, being soaked with tears as my head rested on them.  Nothing else was really registering in the aftermath of Dr. Calder's statement to the court that Jessica had committed suicide.

On the one hand, the act seemed out of character for the Jess I knew.  On the other hand, if Jess were as cornered as she no doubt was and was facing a life as a lab rat, she might have seen it as the only way out, even with that high-functioning brain of hers.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and heard Ruby's voice whisper,  "Don't give up, Paul.  I think there's still hope."

I heard Judge Eugene say, "So, Dr. Calder, it is your contention that Dr. Egolf committed suicide overnight while in a custodial situation into which your organization placed her?"

"Merely as a temporary action until things were resolved, your --" Calder said.

"Is that your contention, Dr. Calder?" the judge asked.

"Yes, your honor; regrettably so," Calder said.

The judge looked off to the far left side of the courtroom.  For the first time since I arrived this morning, it registered that there was a man there I hadn't seen in the courtroom yesterday.  He wore a light blue blazer and khaki slacks.  That was at whom the judge was looking.

Judge Eugene turned back to Calder.  "And this just happened to occur when you had been instructed to Produce Dr. Egolf or take us to her," the judge said.

"Yes, your honor," Calder said.

"Convenient," the judge said.  "Very well, Dr. Calder; if Dr. Egolf is dead, produce the body."

"What?!"

"Produce the body, or take this court to it," the judge said.

Calder's eyes were darting back and forth.  "I … can't, your honor."

"Why not?" the judge asked.

"We … had it cremated for fear there might be an infectious viral agent," Calder said.

"Dr. Calder, you're lying," Judge Eugene said.  "I know what's involved in cremating a body, and I know all the crematoria in this area, and none of them would have been prepared to do an overnight cremation, and I seriously doubt that you could have pulled it off, even with CPR Labs' resources.  I find you to be in contempt of court.  Security, take Dr. calder into custody."

Calder's skinny lawyer stood up.  "I object, your honor," he said.

"Overruled," the judge said.  "There's a woman's life and freedom at stake here, and it appears to have already been compromised, if not terminated.  Her whereabouts and condition are of paramount concern, and it is apparent your client is willfully withholding information, if not flat out perjuring himself."

Eugene turned to the man in the light blue blazer.  "Dr. Calder, I don't believe you've met our county prosecuting attorney.  Carmine Winchester, this is is Dr. Michael Calder.  You've seen what evidence I could share with you this morning, and heard what was said here in court.  If such evidence were presented to you by law enforcement, what would be your response be?"

"I would most probably be filing a murder charge against Dr. Calder and anyone involved in kidnapping Dr. Egolf with murder."

"Murder?!" Calder blurted.

"According to your testimony, Dr. Egolf died as a result of your felony action against her in kidnapping her," Winchester said.  "That would make her death murder, even if she died at her own hand; there'd at least be a case.  Of course, I couldn't file the kidnapping charge; that's a separate federal case.  But the death happened in my jurisdiction, and I'd be filing the charge."

Eugene pursed his lips as he turned back to Calder.  "Now, in light of what you've just heard, Dr. Calder, I instruct you again:  Produce Dr. Egolf or her body in this courtroom."

Calder hung his head.  "I … can't, your honor," he said.

"And why can't you, Dr. Calder?" the judge asked.

There was a pause.  "Because we couldn't bring her into the courthouse," Calder said.

"And why not?" the judge asked.

Silence followed.

"Dr. Calder, where is Dr. Egolf?"  the judge asked.

Calder swallowed hard.  "In the former auto factory in the east industrial park in the town of Plaschke," he said.

"That's just north of here," Eugene said.  "Strange, isn't it, Doctor, that someone in need of medical and psychological care would be kept in a former factory and not a hospital?  Why are you keeping her there?"

Calder closed his eyes, his head down.  "Because she wouldn't fit in a traditional hospital," he said.

"So, what you're saying is that Mrs. Ahearn is, in fact, a giantess now?"

"Yes," Calder said quietly, his head still down.

"Security, contact the sheriff's department.  Dr Calder is going with us to Plaschke to free Mrs. Ahearn.  Ladies and gentlemen, everything in this court proceeding is now under seal.  That may not last long, but we need to do whatever we can to protect the Ahearns under these … unique circumstances.  This court is in recess, to reconvene at the auto plant in Plaschke as soon as we all can be assembled there -- and proceedings there will be under seal as well."  The judge looked at the court reporter.  "We'll need you to come as well, and bring a portable recorder to add into the record."

"Yes, your honor," the reporter said.

I looked at Calder and lost it.  "You bastard!" I yelled.  "You lied about Jess!  You were going to let us all think she was dead!  What were you going to do to her?  Huh?  And what did you plan to do with me?  Were you going to really kill us?  You son of a --"

"That's enough, Paul," Ruby said, putting  hand on my shoulder.

"He's going to get his.  Let's go get your wife."

The drive to Plaschke took only about 30 minutes, but it felt like hours.  I rode with Ruby in a caravan of vehicles, led by the sheriff's car with Dr. Calder in it.  The judge, court reporter, Calder's attorney and the county prosecutor were also traveling in our line of vehicles.

On arrival, I saw Calder in handcuffs.  "That's the entrance that'll get you to her the quickest," he said, gesturing with both hands.

I bolted for the doors, but heard the judge say, "Wait, Dr. Ahearn.  This is still a court hearing.  The rest of us should all enter at about the same time you do, for the sake of preserving any evidence.  Dr. Calder was banned from calling ahead, and he's been under guard the whole time."

I held up, anxious to see Jess and make sure she was OK.  One deputy turned on a video camera as we entered, and the court reporter turned on an audio recorder.

The loading bay doors were opened, revealing a sight I both welcomed and dreaded.  There was my beloved Jess, her clothes tattered and a burn mark where we had seen the Taser hit her in the video.  She was manacled to a hook in the wall.  The irons would have been enormous to anyone else, but were clearly too small on Jess; her wrists were bleeding.

I would have been silhouetted by sunlight from where Jess was, sitting on the floor, her arms raised due to the chains.

Judge Eugene turned red, his eyes bulging in rage.  "Get that poor woman loose!" he shouted.

I couldn't take it anymore.  I darted to my wife, shouting, "Jess!"

Jess' eyes widened with delight, and tears started to flow.  "PAUL!" she shouted.

I climbed up her leg and wrapped my arms around her neck.  We each showered the other in kisses.

While deputies arrested those who were working at the scene, one took a set of oversize keys and walked over to Jess.  He hesitated when he reached her, unsure how to reach the manacles.

Realizing the situation, Jess smiled at the deputy with the keys.  "Paul, I think this man is a little hesitant to climb up to set me free," she said.  "You're my husband.  Can you resolve his dilemma and get me loose?"

"Sure," I said, climbing down Jess legs to where the deputy stood.  He passed me the keys and I climbed up Jess' torso.  I had to stand on her shoulders to reach the manacles with the keys.

"Thanks," said Jess as I unlocked the first one.  "They were too small when they put me in them, and I've grown since then."

"Mrs. Ahearn, you should be aware that this is a session of the county's circuit court," Judge Eugene said.  "I am Judge Raul Eugene.  Are you familiar with the attorneys?"

"No, but I can guess," she said.  "The well-dressed woman is Ruby, my husband's attorney; the fellow in the light blue jacket is County Prosecutor Winchester; and that means the other fellow is probably CPR's attorney, or Dr. Calder's."

"Correct on all counts.  Do you need medical attention for your wrists, or any other injuries?"

"No," Jess said matter-of-factly.  "My body heals as fast as it's growing.  By tonight, the wrist wounds will be just scars, and those will be gone by tomorrow evening.  But I would like to stand up, if I'm allowed."

"Of course," said the judge.  "Ma'am, I'd like to have you sworn in so we can hear your testimony in this case."

"Yes, sir," Jess said.

Over the next hour, Jess told her story as she had experienced it.  She held no facts back, but stayed cool, calm and collected as she presented them.  Among the facts was her current height: 14 feet, 8.24 inches tall, as her active mind had calculated it.

When Jess was done, the prosecutor asked to be excused to confer with the sheriff's deputies on charges, and with federal authorities.

Before releasing the prosecutor, the judge said, "I remind all of you -- and inform you, Mrs. Ahearn -- that this case is under seal.  I am setting that seal until the Ahearns take this case public.  Doctors Ahearn, I'm afraid Mrs. Ahearn's condition and the nature of this case will guarantee that this will become a media circus.  I'm placing this seal strictly so you can have time to prepare.  You will be the ones to lift it.  That's an unusual move, but this is an extremely unusual case."

"Thank you, your honor," Jess said.  "I've already been working on how to address the media."

"So have I," I added.

The judge chuckled.  "From the evidence your husband presented, I'm not surprised that either of you is already at least somewhat prepared," he said.  "The seal stands -- but, Mr. Winchester, you can contact law enforcement about the case, being clear about that seal."

"Thank you, your honor," Winchester said.

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's conclude the hearing and head out of this room," Eugene said.  "I'm sure the Ahearns want some privacy."

As everyone else was leaving, I called out, "Ruby!"

She turned back toward us.  I realized her eyes were welling with tears.  "Yes?"

I climbed down and hugged her.  "Thank you," I said.

"What he said," added Jess.  "You literally saved my life."

"Glad to be of help," Ruby said.

As soon as Ruby was out, Jess scooped me up in her arms.  "Paul, you did it!" Jess said, grinning from ear to ear.

"We did it," I said.  We began to shower each other with kisses again.  Sorting out our media announcement would wait until later.  For now, to the extent that we could in this place, there was the pent-up passion of newlyweds forced apart that needed to be released.

Epilogue by macromega

Transcribed from the audio journal of Dr. Paul Ahearn, research scientist:

I'm recording this on the morning of Feb. 8, 2012.  Jess hasn't awakened yet, and I'm going to surprise her with breakfast in bed.  The reason for the surprise is why I'm recording this now.

See, I figure I can turn the relevant parts of this journal over to a ghostwriter or screenwriter and sell it at a substantial income, in light of Jess' story.  And, while this morning will mark the last chapter of this saga, there's some stuff that needs to be told, too.

Jess and I handled the press situation with relative ease.  We actually had the press conference in the former factory where she had been held.  We had arranged to have Jess and I exit into the back of a box truck, one of several identical box trucks that left the facility all at once.  The media couldn't see the loading dock from which we exited.  We got out with no additional headaches.

Jess and I holed up for a few days in the same cabin in which we were married.  The minister who married us was allowed by us to describe the wedding, but was gracious enough to keep the secret of where we were.

We've since moved into a converted loft with 20-foot ceilings.  We're still dealing with the media, but it's also providing us with much needed income, since we don't have jobs at CPR anymore.

Actually, no one has jobs at CPR.  It's been shut down.  Drs. Penn and Richardson are offering Jess and I scads of money in a settlement, and Jess' celebrity is also generating income.  Sales of a poster of her in a bikini and its desktop wallpaper counterpart are bringing in tons of bucks already.

Our plans are to open a new lab that will deal with medical issues -- preferably not involving growth or weight loss issues.  We don't want anything more to do with the technology that brought this on Jess; there are no guarantees about what would happen to anyone else, or that it would go as well.

Jess' hands are too big to do lab work now, but her mind is so sharp she'll be an asset to the lab, both as a scientist and a businesswoman.  And me, I'll be in charge of the lab work.

We also have family plans, but those are contingent on the news I have for Jess this morning; in other words, they're not contingent anymore.

(electronic beeping sound)

That's the timer.  Breakfast is ready.  I'll take it back to Jess.  I'll restart this recording so Jess' reaction is recorded for posterity.

(Recording is shut off, then restarts.  Sound of footsteps, rustling of bed clothes.)

Good morning, sleepyhead.

Jess:  Paul.  Good morning.  Breakfast in bed?

Paul:  Yep.  Two dozen eggs scrambled  with cheese and spinach and a dozen pieces of toast -- a light breakfast for your mass, but enough to be a breakfast.

Jess:  Sounds wonderful.  Smells delicious.  What's the occasion?

Paul:  Simple.  It's what didn't happen last night.

Jess:  Hmm?

Paul:  You didn't grow last night.

Jess:  What?

Paul:  You didn't grow last night.  Remember, I'm awake when you doze off almost every night.  I've felt and seen you grow I don't know how many times.  But last night, you didn't grow.  Jess, you've stopped growing.

Jess:  You're sure?

Paul:  Yes, but I know you.  The scientist in you has to check for yourself.  Go do it, then  come back for your breakfast.

(Sound of footsteps running, followed by a delighted squeal and footsteps running back)

Jess:  It's true!  Paul, it's true!  I've stopped growing!  I've finally stopped growing!

Paul:  I love it when you scoop me up in your arms.

Jess: I love feeling your arms around my neck.  Paul, do you know what this means?  I can buy clothes now and have them fit for awhile, not just days.  I can live a more normal life.

(Sound of kissing)

Paul:  So, how tall are you now?

Jess:  Fifteen feet, 8.95 inches tall.

Paul:  You might as well say 15-foot-9.  Most people aren't going to worry about that 20th of an inch.

Jess:  (chuckling) Yeah, I know.

Paul:  You know what else this means?

Jess:  (another squeal)  I'm still small enough to have kids with you!

Paul:  Yep.

Jess:  Let me at that breakfast.  I'll need my energy for the work we have to do today -- and I don't mean lab work.

(Recording ends)           

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=2652