Sunshine Over the Mountains by macromega
Summary:

A sequel to "The Amish Giantess," suggested by one of its reviewers.  A reporter come to do a story on first giantess Sarah Yoder Bell's 250th birthday not only learns about the giant communities, but falls for the biggest giantess of them all, one who has a growing problem.


Categories: Body Exploration, Breast Enlargement, Gentle, Growing/Shrinking out of clothes, Giant, Growing Woman Characters: None
Growth: Amazon (7 ft. to 15 ft.)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Sarah Yoder
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 12418 Read: 57983 Published: February 19 2012 Updated: February 19 2012

1. Chapter 1 by macromega

2. Chapter 2 by macromega

3. Chapter 3 by macromega

4. Chapter 4 by macromega

5. Chapter 5 by macromega

6. Chapter 6 by macromega

7. Chapter 7 by macromega

8. Chapter 8 by macromega

Chapter 1 by macromega
Zeck pulled his hovercar up to the entrance to the gated community.  They were the biggest gates he had ever seen -- not surprising, considering what was on the other side.  The over-arching sign said,, “Welcome to Yoder.”

Zeck wasn’t sure why or how he had gotten this assignment.  It was important, to be sure, but that was part of the issue.  Zeck’s job as an online reporter meant he covered a variety of stories, but they were mainly of local interest.  This was an international level story, and he wasn’t one of the reporters who would usually even be considered for such an assignment.  Still, he wasn’t one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Following the signs at the entrance, Zeck pulled his hovercar up the track for “standards,” giant slang for standard-sized people.

Just inside the gate was a man who looked to stand a bit under 60 meters tall.  Like the photos Zeck had seen of the men of the giant communities, he was very muscular and fit.  None of the women appeared to be near the entrance.  From what Zeck knew, that was typical.  The women were so much bigger than the men, and so colossal in comparison to standards, that the possibilities of a standard getting hurt due to a giantess’ unwitting act was very real.  There were specific areas in the communities where standards could go, and giantesses typically kept a safe distance from them.

“Hello, sir,” the giant said.  “Can I ask your name and business here?”

“I’m Zeck Runyan,” Zeck said.  “I’m a reporter, here to do an interview --”

The giant was suddenly smiling.  “Oh! Yes!  You’re the reporter who’s here to interview Wes about Sarah’s birthday!”

Zeck nodded.  “That’s right.  After all, she is turning 250 this week, and she certainly has had and is having an impact on the world -- or, at least, the Western Hemisphere.”

The giant looked over his shoulder.  “Hey, Mordy, take over here, will you?  Wes’ special guest is here.”

“Sure,” Mordy said.

“Float your car onto my hand,” the first giant said.  “I’ll take you to Wes and Sarah’s house.”

Once Zeck had gotten the car onto the giant’s hand, the giant looked back to Mordy.  “I’ll be back in a bit,” he said.

With the car resting on the giant’s hand, he exited the building into the giant community.  “You’re allowed to start shooting video any time you want,” the giant said.

“This is really nice of you,” Zeck said.

“Not a problem,” the giant said.  “I’m Morgan Walker, by the way.  I’m Wes and Sarah’s great-grandson-in-law -- one of many in that category.”

“Big family, huh?” Zeck said.

“Well, remember, our gestation period is about the same as standards’, but we live a lot longer and stay fertile for centuries.  And, while most of our women limit how many children they have, Sarah still approaches that like the Amish woman she used to be.  She just keeps popping them out, and her kids have tended to follow suit -- and her grandkids, and their kids and grandkids, and so on.”

“My gosh,” Zeck said, remembering that, in the Bellist religion of many of the giants, invoking the name of God in vain was a no-no.  “They must have hundreds of descendants.”

“Thousands,” Morgan said.  “Nearly half of all us giants are related to Wes and Sarah, either by birth or marriage.  Frankly, I suspect a few may claim a false lineage.  They are the most prestigious of us by far, although you’d never know it if you hang around them.  I’m thrilled to be part of their family.  They’re about as ‘regular people’ as you get.”

“I can believe that,” Zeck said.  “I read Wesley’s autobiography -- or the parts they’d let us read -- when I was in school.  The whole thing came later, when  I could handle some of the sexual stuff.  He and Sarah both seemed like just … people who had something extraordinary happen, and coped with it as best they could.”

Morgan nodded.  “Yeah, what you see is what you get with them,” he said.  “You’re lucky, you know.  Sarah hates interviews and discourages Wes from giving them.  She doesn’t like being the center of attention, even though that’s the role she was chosen for.  ‘Her cross to bear,’ she calls it.”

“Yeah, I’m curious,” Zeck said.  “How come I was chosen out of all the reporters out there?”

“Someone in the family liked your work, and showed it to Wes,” Morgan said.  “You know he used to be in your profession, and your work impressed him, too.  The two of them were able to convince Sarah, especially since they knew someone would insist on this story being done.”

Zeck nodded.  He looked around him.  He saw male giants, standing between 30 and 70 meters tall, and women, towering 70 to an astonishing 180 meters high, working in yards or on houses or sipping lemonade and sharing the glass, big enough to be a small reservoir for standards.  A few were walking or riding colossal bicycles.  Many waved to Morgan, who waved back with his free hand.

One giant yelled, “Hey, Morgan!  Is that the reporter?”

“Yah,” Morgan said.  “Seems a nice guy.”

“Tell Sarah and Wes I said ‘Howdy,’” the giant said.

“Will do, Eli,” Morgan said.

Zeck marveled at the women.  Like the men, all were very fit, but the women also all had proportionally huge breasts.  For the most part, they were well covered, but both the men and the women tended to show a v-neck section of chest on the simple linen jumpsuits most wore.

“Your women are everything I’ve heard they are,” Zeck said.

“Thank you,” Morgan said.  “I think so, especially about my wife -- but I am a bit biased.”

Zeck smiled broadly.  “As you should be,” he said.

“There’s the Bell homestead,” he said.  “I’ll stop in long enough to drop you off and say. ‘Howdy,’ then head back to the gate.  In case I don’t get a chance to say it later, I’m glad to get to meet you, Mr. Runyan.”

“I’m Zeck, and I’m glad to make your acquaintance, too, Mr. Walker.”

“Call me Morgan.”  He knocked on the door of the Bells’ house.  Like most in Yoder, it was a dome made of an artificial stone Zeck had seen in use in the standard world.

Someone Zeck immediately recognized as Wesley Bell answered the door.  “Morgan!” Wes said.  “Howdy!  How are you?”

“Well, Wes.  Howdy to you, too.  Eli Tork said ‘Howdy,’ too,” Morgan said.  “Here’s Mr. Runyan.”

“Call me Zeck, please.”

“Nice to meet you, Zeck.  And, as fellow reporter, call me Wes,”

“Yes , sir,” Zeck said.

“I’ve got to get back to work at the greeter gate,” Morgan said.  “Take care, Zeck.  Glad to meet you.”

“It’s been my pleasure,” Zeck said.

Wes carried Zeck, car and all, into the small parlor of the Spartan home.  “OK, before you start ‘grilling’ me with questions, I have one for you,” Wes said.  “Is ‘Zeck’ some sort of new name out there?”

Zeck chuckled.  “No, it’s actually very old.  It’s short for Zechariah.  I just spell it with a ‘k’ to keep people from pronouncing it ‘Zetch.’”

“That makes sense,” Wes said.  He plopped down in a comfy-looking chair, carefully placing Zeck’s car on the table beside it.  “So, what would you like to know?”

Zeck chuckled.  “So, what’s it like being the weaker sex?”

Wes laughed a hearty laugh.  “You know, I’ve been the physically weaker in my relationship from the day I met Sarah, so I guess I’m used to it.  But Sarah and I are more equals.  We just each recognize our strengths and weaknesses and try to work together with them.  Most of our people try to work that way.”

“But the women here do the physical work, and the men do other tasks,” Wes said.

“Well, that’s how it works out in most cases, in a practical sense,” Wes said.  “But we don’t really have assigned gender roles, and there are very few tasks our women can do that our men can’t.  We’re not exactly weaklings, you know.”

Zeck chuckled again.  “So, how do you deal with basic necessities -- food, water, clothes, shelter?”

“One of the descendants is going to give you a tour in a little while to show you some of those answers,” Wes said.  “For clothes, we have teams of seamsters whose job is to sew clothes, and we came up with this artificial stone that you standards now use for a lot of your buildings, too.  It’s a subtance that lets us go as big as we need to for our structures.”

“I couldn’t help but notice that there are men taller than you, and women taller than you described Sarah as being in your autobiography,” Zeck said.  “But you two were the tallest, at least until your daughter, Faith, was born.”

“You do realize that was written more than 220 years ago,” Wes said.  “Each proceeding generation has been a little bit taller than the last -- and the most recent one to reach adulthood has one member a lot taller.”

Zeck heard the sound of a back door opening and closing.

“That’ll be Sarah,” Wes said.  “She still likes to cook sometimes -- her domestic streak from her Amish upbringing -- and she wanted to make something today when she found out you were coming.”  Wes titled his head in the direction of the door noise.  “Sarah!” he said.  “Zeck Runyan is here.”

Zeck stared up at the 105-meter-plus giantess.  She was as curvaceous and beautiful as Wesley’s memoir had described, and srill looked to be around 18-20 years old.

“Mr. Runyan, it’s pleasure,” Sarah whispered, leaning down toward the reporter.  Zeck knew she had to whisper.  Her full voice could deafen him, and maybe even do him broader physical harm.

Zeck patted his hand to his chest.  “The pleasure’s mine, ma’am” he said.

Sarah stood back up.  “I’ll make some lemonade,” she whispered.  Looking at Wes, she added, “I can already see why Marigold likes him.  He reminds me of you.”

Wes beamed up at his wife.  “You want any help, dear?”

“No, I’ll be fine,” she said.  “You do your interview, my love.”

Wes nodded, then looked at Zeck.  “You look troubled,” the giant said.  “Is something wrong?”

Zeck took a deep breath.  “Well, sir, it’s just that I can’t help but notice that you look like you’re in your late twenties or early thirties, while Sarah still looks about 20 at most.  But I remember from you memoir that you and she were pretty close to the same age back in the day.  Is that right?”

A wistful look crossed Wesley’s enormous face.  “Yes, that’s right,” he said.

“So, um, what happened?” Zeck asked.

“Well, if you remember, the reason for our slowed aging is that our metabolisms are slower due to our size,” Wes said.  “But the women are so much bigger than the men that their metabolisms are slower even than ours.  I’ll live, maybe, a millennium or two.  Sarah could live 10 or more times that.”

“That must be awful, to know you’ll live such a short life compared to her,” Zeck said.  “To know you’ll grow old and frail while she remains young and vital.”

“Well, if you view it that way, I could see how you’d feel that way,” Wes said.  “But the way I see it, Sarah and I have been given an incredible gift to have so many centuries together as we’ll have, to have seen so much and been able to do so much, for both our people and everyone in the world.  Actually, I know it may sound corny, but I thank God every day for the gift of this extended life and what he’s allowed me to do with it, and the people I love to do with theirs.”

“Speaking of God,” Zeck said.  “How does it feel to have a religion named for you?”

Wes winced.  “Bellism isn’t a religion,” he said.  “It’s a denomination of Christianity, combining elements of Protestantism, the Amish faith and some things unique to our giant culture.  And it’s named for Sarah, not me.  She just insisted that they use the name Bell, not her maiden name of Yoder.  We could name this town -- the first of our giant settlements -- Yoder, but not the denomination.  Go figure.,”

“Am I remembering right that there are 11 giant communities now?”

Wes nodded.  “Yep.  Seven in the United States -- all in the western states, but not the west coast -- three in Canada’s northwest and one in Mexico.”

“None overseas?” Zeck asked.

“It’s hard for us to move over oceans,” Wes said.  “Ships can’t really handle us, and we just haven’t had much reason to pursue such trips to date.”

Suddenly there was a loud pounding on the roof of the house, making the entire structure shake.  Zeck dropped to the floor of his car in terror, sure from the terrible sound that the ceiling was about to cave in and crush him.
Chapter 2 by macromega

While Zeck crouched down in his hovercar in terror, Wes looked up and shook his head.  “Marigold must have grown again,” he said.  “She doesn’t know her own strength.”

Wes turned to Zeck.  “If you’re ready, Zeck, I’ll take you out to meet your tour guide for today.”

Zeck nodded, still somewhat stunned by what had happened.  Gingerly, Wes picked up the hovercar with Zeck in it and walked out the door.

Sarah was already outside, grinning up at the most enormous giantess Zeck had ever seen.  The towering figure was well over 200 meters tall.  She was also even more zaftig than any of the giantesses he had seen, and by far the most beautiful.  There was a similarity in appearance to Sarah, but Zeck thought it to be no contest; this new giantess, apparently named Marigold, was easily the most lovely woman he had ever seen in his life.

“Eight-Mama!” Marigold said, stretching her arms toward Sarah, who was less than half her height.

“Marigold!  Give your eight-mama a hug!” Sarah said.  Marigold scooped the smaller giantess up and hugged her tightly.

After Sarah was again on her feet, she looked at Zeck.  “I’m so glad people are big enough to give me a proper hug,” she said.  “Of course, the best was the first, when Wesley grew, but the hugs from the descendants are … really special.”

Zeck realized that Sarah was speaking in her full voice.  It hit him that she was at a slightly greater distance from him, and that there was no reverberation of sound off the interior walls.  She had taken that into account, something that probably came from centuries of practice in dealing with standards.

But then Zeck looked back up at Marigold.  He felt his heart pounding in his chest as he watched breasts as big as hills moving with her chest as she breathed.  The cascade of golden hair that flowed over her shoulders was more than 100 feet long.  He felt his knees growing weak.  He found he couldn’t look away.

“Eight-Papa!” said Marigold.  “And I know you from your web casts, Mr. Runyan.  Pleased to meet you.”

Zeck tried to form words, but found he couldn’t.

Marigold giggled.  “Oh, dear,” she said.  “I’m sorry.  I seem to be … overwhelming you.”

Zeck tried again to form words, but still couldn’t.

Wes smiled.  “Sorry, Zeck,” he said.  “You’re experiencing a phenomena standards sometimes have around our people -- especially standard men around giantesses.  If the giant finds the standard person in any way attractive, they may unconsciously send out pheromone signals, and those signals can be quite … overwhelming to standards.”

Zeck was starting to pull himself together.  He looked up at Marigold. “So, this is because you find me … attractive?  Cute?  Handsome?”

Marigold giggled again.  “Yes,” she said.  “All of the above.  Sorry.”

“Don’t apologize,” Zeck said.  “The feeling is mutual.”

Marigold blushed.

An alarmed glance passed between Sarah and Wes.  “Wes, with her condition --” Marigold said.

Wes raised his free hand.  “I know,” he said.  He looked up at Marigold, “Sunny, are you sure this is a good idea, for you to give Mr. Runyan a tour today?  I mean, the surges --”

“I know the risks, Eight-Papa,” Marigold said.  “It won’t hurt if I have a surge or two.  And, besides, I didn’t recommend Mr. Runyan to you just because he was cute.  I really think he’s a good reporter and will do well with covering this.  You watched and read his work and agreed.”

“True enough,” Wes said.  “Well, Zeck, if it’s all right with you, Marigold will give you a tour of the community, then we’ll continue the interview here.  Sarah and I are going to prepare some of our food for you -- Don’t worry, it won’t make you grow into a giant or anything, and we don’t eat standards.  We’re still human, so that would be cannibalism.”

Marigold leaned down over Wes, her hair surrounding the two men, her face blocking the sky.  She smiled an irresistible smile.  “So, what do you say, Mr. Runyan?”

“Zeck,” he said.  “And, yes, I’ll go with you.”

Marigold smiled.  “Call me Marigold,” she said.  “Would you mind riding on my shoulder without your car?   My shoulders are big enough you’ll be in no danger, and it’ll be easier for me.”

“Sounds fine,” said Zeck.  Sarah looked worried momentarily, then consciously relaxed her face as much as she could.

Gingerly, Marigold held out a finger to Wesley, who wasn’t as tall as Marigold’s knees.  Wes had Zeck climb over to Marigold’s fingertip.

The 200-meter-plus woman stood up slowly.  “I don’t want the force of my movement to hurt you,” she said.  Then she held her fingertip to her shoulder, allowing Zeck to climb onto it.   He grabbed hold of a flap of the linen jumpsuit she wore, noticing that there seemed to be far more buttons and snaps on it than he had seen on those of other giants in the community.

“Well, we’ll be off,” Marigold said.

“See you in a couple of hours,” Wes said.   “Have fun!”

“But not too much fun,” added Sarah, the worried look back on her face.

As Marigold walked away, Zeck said, “So, you can hear me?  Most giantesses are too big to hear standards.”

“A few of us have been given the gift of sensitivity,” Marigold said.  “We can hear things and have levels of senses of touch and movement that allow us to interact with standards.  I happen to be one of those.”

“Standards?”

Marigold nodded as she walked.  “We have to call the people in the outside world something.  Calling you ‘normals’ would imply that we’re abnormal, but this is normal to us.  To call you ‘tinies’ or ‘little people’ or anything like that implies that you’re somehow less than us, but we believe that all humans are equal in the sight of God, no matter their size.  Even calling you ‘outsiders’ implies that either you or we are somehow alien to each other.  So, we went with ‘standards’ for a name that has no negative connotations either way.”

“That makes sense,” Zeck said.   “Is everything in your culture so reasoned out?”

“At our scale, we have to plan ahead and think things through carefully,” Marigold said.  “If we don’t look out for each other and think things through, it becomes harder to operate, to simply function.”

“Ok, I have some questions of a more personal nature,” Zeck said.  “You called Wes and Sarah “eight-papa” and “eight-mama.”  I’ve never heard those terms among standards.”

“Simple,” Marigold said.  “They’re my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great- grandparents -- eight greats.  As long as we live and as many children as we can bear, we just condensed it to save time.  My ancestor, Faith Hope Bell Myers, is my seven-mama.  My children will call Wes and Sarah nine-papa and nine-mama.”

“Simple and practical,” Zeck said.  And your eight-papa called you ‘Sunny.’  Why Sunny?”

“Oh, that,” Marigold said. She smiled coyly, an enormous finger flipping her golden hair off her colossal ear.  “It’s his nickname for me.  When I started getting really tall, he would joke that I was named for the wrong flower.  With my blond ‘crown’ rising for the sky, he said I was more like a sunflower, so he called me Sunflower.  Later, that got shortened to ‘Sunny.’”

“Sunny.  I like it,” Zeck said.

“Marigold giggled.  “He’s the only one who calls me that,” she said.  “But from you it sounds good.”  Her cheeks blushed slightly, something her scale made obvious to Zeck.

“But I’m surprised at the analogy,” Zeck said.  “To your people, sunflowers would be about my size.  They hardly reach for the sky.”

“Oh, don’t they?”  Marigold said.  She turned off the path she’d been on and strode past two buildings to a patch of sunflowers that were nearly as tall as she was.  Zeck’s jaw dropped at the sight as she said, “We grow them for the seeds as a food source.”

“But how do they get so big?” Zeck asked.


“Well, it’s a little embarrassing in your culture,” Marigold said.  “Our bodily waste turns out to be a super-fertilizer for some plants, so we use it to grow the food we need -- including sunflower seeds.”

“Well, it’s eminently practical,” Zeck said.  “So, how many of you are taller than the sunflowers?”

Marigold stopped smiling,” Just me,” she said.

Sensing something important, Zeck asked, “Marigold, how tall are you?”

Marigold sighed.  “Today, 681 feet,” she said, “and I’m still growing.”

“How tall is the next tallest person?”

“That’s my cousin, Kimberly,” Marigold said.  “She’s 624 feet tall.”

Zeck looked up at the titanic beauty.  “That’s quite a difference,” he said.

“Believe me, I know,” Marigold said.  “See, I have this … medical condition that few of us have had in the last two generations that’s making me keep growing.  All the others have stopped.  Me, well …”

“Do you not want to talk about it?”

Marigold smiled a sad smile.  “Actually, I think people worry about it too much.  And that includes Eight-Mama Sarah.  After all the growing she did, she worries about me growing so much.  That was how God made her.  This is how God made me.  And I don’t believe God made me wrongly.”

Zeck smiled, looking down from Marigold’s shoulder at the massive sunflowers below him.  “Well, from what little I’ve seen, I think you’re a pretty special woman,” he said.  “And, by the way, the ‘Sunflower’ nickname?  It doesn’t do you justice.  If you’ll forgive me saying so, I think you’re far more beautiful than this whole patch of sunflowers, or any other flowers I’ve ever seen.”

“Really?” Marigold said, looking at the reporter on her shoulder with wide eyes.

Zeck smiled up at her.  “Absolutely,” he said.  “In fact, it’s probably unprofessional of me to say this, but I think you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.”

Smiling, Marigold swallowed hard.  “Thanks,” she said.  “You … You’re even more handsome in person than on your webcasts.”

“That’s good to hear from anyone, and better from you,” Zeck said.

Suddenly Zeck heard a noise like a dozen trains highballing by at once, and what seemed to be an earthquake beneath him.  He dropped to lie flat on Marigold’s shoulder, fearing an temblor.

Chapter 3 by macromega
“Oh, blast!” Marigold said.

Zeck suddenly realized that the sound he was hearing seemed to come from Marigold herself.  More than that, Marigold appeared to be getting even bigger.  He realized he was having to adjust his body as her skin stretched, and that he was moving higher in the air as she grew even taller.

“Whoa!” he said.  “What was that noise?”

“Oh, right, you heard that,” Marigold said.  “I’m used to it happening only around other giants.  They can’t hear it, except for the other sensitives like me.  But, to standard ears, it’s quite a racket.”

“But what was it?” Zeck asked.

“That was me surging,” Marigold said.

“Surging,” Zeck said.  “Your eight-parents mentioned that.  Is that your … condition?”

Marigold nodded, and Zeck realized her head was farther above him.  “I have the surging,” she said.  “It’s a new phenomenon among our people, and one only affecting a few people of my generation.  And I have the worst case of all.”

“How so?” Zeck asked.

“All the other surgers have already stopped,” Marigold said.  “As you just experienced, I’m still growing.  Right now, I’m somewhere around 700 feet tall.  I was 681 feet this morning.  Actually, that was quite a big surge.”

“But I thought your growth was slow and steady,” Zeck said.

“Except for the surgers, it is,” Marigold said.  “I’m the tallest of our people, and I would be done growing if it weren’t for the surges.  But they just keep coming.”

“Do they know what causes them?” Zeck asked.

“Causes them, no,” Marigold said.  “Triggers them, yes.  In my case, it’s any kind of stress, physical or emotional, positive or negative.  That’s why I, the biggest, strongest of the giantesses, am not allowed to do physical work.  It would surely trigger more surging, and I’m so tall now it’s hard for me to fit in even here.”

Zeck’s brow furrowed.  “That’s got to be awful for you.”

Marigold looked down at him and smiled.  Unconsciously, she flipped her hair off her left ear.  “It’s not so bad,” she said.  “I actually live in a community about 25 miles north of here, where most of the giants are 500 to 600 feet tall.  I’m a more natural fit there, but I enjoy seeing family… and I really wanted to meet you, to give you the tour.”

“Well, you’re the most beautiful tour guide ever,” Zeck said.  “Let’s tour, guide.”

Marigold smiled.  “Let’s,” she said.

It was now that Zeck realized why Marigold’s outfit had so many snaps and buttons.  Some had given out when she grew.  Her clothes were designed to accommodate her growth surges.

Marigold took Zeck to a weaver shop, where a loom was being used to make fabric, and the adjoining seamsters shop, in which a group of giants -- mostly men -- were making clothing and blankets.  Most of the equipment was hand-operated, made from wood where it would work and artificial materials when wood was inappropriate. 

The next stop was a shop where the artificial stone used for houses was made, and the adjoing shop where it was shaped for houses, simple utensils and furniture.  This was one of the few places using any sort of powered equipment.

“What do you use for an energy source?” Zeck asked.

“Everything for which we use energy is natural somehow,” Marigold said.  “In most cases, it’s like this place, a combination of wind and solar power.  Some things we hand crank; with our strength, we can generate a lot of current that way.”

“You’ve seen most of what we make,” Marigold said as they left.  “We get electronics brought in, along with anything else we need.  We recharge the electronics with hand cranks, in most cases.”

“So, you mentioned you use your waste as fertilizer,” Zeck said.  “How do you collect it?  And do you grow more than sunflowers?”

Marigold chuckled, and Zeck felt it through his entire body.  “To the first point, we don’t use flush toilets like you do.  That would waste both water and the resource our waste can be.  We try to waste as little as possible.  As Eight-Papa would say, we don’t even let our waste go to waste.”

“So, you use some sort of outhouse or chamber pot type set up?” Zeck asked.

“Some of each,” Marigold replied.  “The main thing is that we can collect it and use it.  Now, as to the second point, we grow a lot of different foods, and we can eat a lot of things you can’t.  We can eat most kinds of trees, and our fertilizer lets replacements grow to full size in a matter of two or three years.  We grow most kinds of crops, lots of fruits and vegetables, legumes, gourds and such.”

Zeck knew about the giants’ fertilizer.  It had virtually ended world hunger as a toned-down version of ti provided vast volumes of food for people all over the world.  Populations were becoming crowded, but many people around the world were limiting family sizes.  Still, there were concerns about overcrowding.

“What do you do for meat?” Zeck asked.

“We don’t generally eat meat,” Marigold answered.  “We can’t grow the livestock to giant size, so we get our protein from legumes and other plants.  Plus, it seems our bodies are very good at generating proteins from other sources.  It’s one of the things about our conditions we don’t really understand ourselves.”

“Well, I saw your  eight-parents house,” Zeck said.  “It seemed simple, but comfortable.  But … well, forgive this question if it’s inappropriate, but I didn’t see the bedroom.  Do you use beds like ours?”

“Not often,” Marigold answered.  “Mostly we use a loosely stuffed mattress on the floor.  That way we don’t use resources for legs to lift them up.  We don’t really need a full-blown bed anyway.  We can sleep almost anywhere.”

“Kind of like a baby,” Zeck said, smiling.

Marigold flipped her hair off her ear again.  “Yes, kind of,” she said.

“Um, I know I need to ask about this, but it may be a delicate subject,” Zeck said.

Marigold smiled.  “Sex?”

Zeck nodded.  “People will want to know.”

“Yes, we have it,” Marigold said.

Zeck laughed.  “Yes, obviously,” he said, “and, I would think that your men and women are close enough in scale for something resembling what standards would consider normal. But, what I think people will be most curious about is when a normal falls for a giant and vice versa.  I’ve heard you have a unique way of addressing that.”

Marigold blushed slightly and flipped her hair off her ear yet again.  “Well, yes,” she said.  “Actually, there’s a center of the type you’re talking about in my home town, Myersville.  It’s within walking distance of here -- well, for us anyway.”

“Would I be allowed to see it?” Zeck asked.

“If you don’t mind my company for a long walk,” Marigold said.  “I could make it in a few minutes at a run, but it might trigger a surge, and the ride for you could be dangerously rough.”

“I think I can handle some extra time with you, my beautiful tour guide,” Zeck said.

Marigold blushed again.  She bit her lip.  “You need to stop talking like that,” she said.

“Sorry,” Zeck said.  “I don’t to most women.  Actually, you’re the first.  Why should I stop?”

“Because I’m liking it too much,” Marigold said.

“Liking it too much?” Zeck asked.  “How can you like it too much?”

“Uh-oh,” said Marigold.  “Because it can cause this.”

Then Zeck heard it:  the familiar rumbling sound that had accompanied Marigold’ previous surge.  Only this time, it was even louder than before.
Chapter 4 by macromega

Once the surge stopped, Zeck stood up.  He looked up at Marigold, who looked distraught.  “Marigold, are you all right?”

Marigold looked down at Zeck and tried, with only partial success, to recompose her facial expression.  “Yes,” she said.  “It’s just that I’ve never had two growth surges so close together, and these are the two biggest surges I’ve ever had.  This last one was the biggest.  I think I’ve picked up another 25 feet in height, and my bust is looking even bigger to me than before.”

“Should we call off the tour?” Zeck asked.

Marigold set her expression resolutely.  “Absolutely not,” she said.  “I want to do this, it needs to be done, and you’re the one chosen to do it.  Besides, being taller, it’ll make the walk a little bit quicker.”

“Then let’s go,” Zeck said.

After a couple of minutes, Zeck said, “Marigold, what do you do when one of you dies?”

Marigold sighed.  “Not many have yet, because our life spans are so long,” she said.  “But we have lost a few of us.  We have funeral services, of course.  But, unlike most western practices for standards’ deaths, we cremate the bodies.  Since cremation is incomplete, and bones don’t burn to ash, we  bury the bones.”

“Do you keep the ashes?” Zeck asked.

Marigold gently shook her head, making sure her hair didn’t knock Zeck off her shoulder.  “The reality is, our ashes are another good fertilizer, and we need all the resources we have,” she said.

“You really try not to waste anything,” Zeck said.  “But why not bury your dead?”

“Think how big the graveyard would need to be,” Marigold said.  ‘We can’t afford to take that kind of space.”

Zeck nodded.  There was a pause as he processed what he had heard.

“Actually, our bones were central in developing artificial stone, the type we use for our housing,” Marigold said.  “Before our first death, we used either what you call pole barns or Quonset huts made of corrugated sheet metal.  They were our only real options.”

“Right,” said Zeck.  “That’s one of the benefits to the world from your culture.  It’s like the use of some of your antibodies, which were modified and have basically wiped out cancer and several other illnesses among standards.”

“Well, illness is basically nonexistent among us,” Marigold said.

“You were talking about services earlier,” Zeck said.  “To standards, Bellism is something of a mystery.  Can you explain it?”

Marfigold was watching the ground as she walked, trying to be careful of where she stepped.  “Um, well, it’s got the basics of Christianity.  We apply the Amish principals of living as people apart from the world, which is also just practical.  We also follow elements of Protestantism brought in by Eight-Papa Wes.  But we also honor the Two Miracles of our people.”

“The two miracles?”

Marigold gently nodded.  “If you’ve read Eight-Papa’s memoir, you know about them,” she said.  “The first was Eight-Mama’s growing, a gift some thought was a curse.  We tend to view all things as gifts of God, when we take time to reflect.  Being human, we don’t always do that part perfectly.

“The second miracle, the Great Miracle, was when Eight-Papa and Eight-Mama were able to conceive Seven-Mama Faith.  That led to all the blessings that followed -- Eight-Papa’s growth and the start of our community as others were able to become giants.”

“It sounds like the circumstances around the miracles are used as lessons in how to live,” Zeck said.

“Much like the Protestant church’s preaching style,” Marigold said.

There was another few minutes’ pause before Zeck asked, ‘Marigold, what about crime and criminals?’”

“What about it?” she asked.  “We don’t have any.”

Zeck pulled bac k his head with a confused expression.  “I don’t understand,” he said.  “How can you not have crime?”

“Crime tends to come from two sources: greed and agression,” Marigold said.  “We share so much, and have to rely on each other for everything, and, of necessity, live so simply that there’s nothing much to be greedy about, and agression tends to be a male thing.  Our men are smaller than our women, and cooler heads prevail more often than not.

“That’s not to say we don’t have disputes.  Each community’s elders help settle them.  Giants who are unsatisfied with that can appeal to Eight-Papa Wes and Eight-Mama Sarah, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard of them overturning a decision.”

“There have been a couple of cases of giants acting aggressively toward standards,” Zeck said.

“Two cases in 250 years,” Marigold said.  “and, in both cases, the biggest of our giantesses went out, corralled the men and took them back to the community.  We dealt with them there.”

Zeck nodded.  “Have there been any other incidents you know of?”

Marigold chuckled.  “You’re going to think this is just P.R., but, no, none.”

“P.R.?” Zeck said.

“Public relations,” Marigold said.  “Isn’t that what you call it?”

“You must have gotten that term from your Eight-Papa,” Zeck said.  “These days, we call it ‘P.I.’ for public information, although I think sometimes it’s more like disinformation.”

Marigold looked at Zeck out of the corner of her eye.  “I feel like we’re not talking the same language,” she said.  “Eight-Papa said P.I. was short for private investigator, and I’ve never heard of ‘disinformation.’”

“I hope I get the chance to explain it to you sometime,” Zeck said.

Marigold blushed, then pointed ahead of them.  “There’s Myersville, and the Standard Sexual Center is on this side of town.  Let’s go there, if that’s all right.”

Zeck actually got flustered for a second.  “Standard Sexual Center?”

Marigold giggled.  “Not for us, silly,” she said.  “At least … Anyway, when a giant and a standard fall in love, they have two choices if they want a relationship.  The standard can grow to giant size, using some of the growth hormone from our women’s milk, or they can come to a sexual center so the standard can remain standard-size.  Sometimes that’s what they choose to do.”

Zeck shook his head.  “This wasn’t what I expected here at all, with all the inherent Amishness,” Zeck said.

“It’s Amish in its practicality,” Marigold said.  “And, if God is calling these two people both to love and to different lives, we can still work to help them connect.”

Zeck was now the one blushing.  “So, how does this work?” he asked.

Marigold ducked into the building.  “Couples sign up for a room and a special sensor suit for the standard.  Depending on which one’s the standard, the suits are very different.  Women’s suits are designed mostly to protect them from the sheer force of a giant man’s ejaculation.  Men’s suits are like your diving suits: pressurized and with an air supply.  Each suit increases the stimulation the giant feels from the standard’s contact with … key areas of the body, and help the standard feel pleasure as well.”

Suddenly Zeck felt a strong, and now familiar, sensation.  “Marigold, are you sending out pheromones again?’

Marigold’s eyes got wide as she blushed.

“Thinking about using this place with me?” Zeck asked.

Marigold’s eyes widened further.  “How did you know?” she asked.

Zeck looked embarrassed.  “I was thinking the same thing,” he said.

Suddenly Marigold’s expression took on a familiar look -- familiar from two prior situations.  “I need to get outside now,” she said.

“Oh, no,” Zeck said.

Marigold smiled down at him as she ducked out the door.  “Oh, yes,” she said.

As soon as Marigold got outside, the sound of 50 freight trains struck Zeck’s ears.  He realized that Marigold was growing more and faster than ever.

When it stopped, Zeck looked down from Marigold’s shoulder  It was obvious her outfit was nearing its limit, and that her bosom was growing faster than the rest of her with each surge.  He believed her breasts were big enough now for him to climb down them safely, and he was tempted to do so.

Then he realized how much lower the building he had just been in seemed.  Marigold could no longer enter the building, and wouldn’t have been able to stand up or exit it if she had been inside.

Zeck looked up at Marigold.  How could she be getting more beautiful? he wondered.  Yet clearly, she was.

“Well, that’s your biggest yet,” Zeck said.  “I think you picked up about 20 more meters.”

Marigold laughed nervously.  “Yeah,” she said.  “I’ve picked up about 100 feet today.  Um, well, that’s everything I wanted to show you, and I think I’d better get you home before I …” her voice trailed off.

“Before you outgrow your clothes,” Zeck said.

Marigold looked at him and nodded gently.

She walked back to Yoder.  “I’m a little afraid to see Eight-Mama,” Marigold said.  “She worries about my surges, and today isn’t going to help that.”

“Marigold, can I admit something?” Zeck asked.

“Surely,” Marigold said.

“Maybe I should be worried about your growth surges, but I’m not,” Zeck said.  “In fact, I’m flattered.  All this growing you did today is because of how you feel about me, and I like it.  All I need to do is look at you and I know just how you feel about me.”

Zeck could see gallons of tears -- a tiny amount to Marigold -- forming in her eyes.  “Really?” she said.

“Really,” he said.  “And I wish I could show you how I feel.  I mean, I’m a believer in love at first sight, and … Maybe I’ve said too much.”

Marigold’s expression screamed what was about to happen.  “Tell me if that’s how you feel in a few minutes,” she said.

Now it was the sound of 100 freight trains Zeck heard as Marigold shot even higher into the air.  In minutes she had grown more than 100 feet.  Her outfit ripped, but maintained basic levels of coverage -- barely.

Zeck was crying and smiling as he stared up athe face of the 900-foot-plus beauty.  “You, too?” he said.

Marigold nodded.  “What do we do now?”

“Um, if I want to date you, don’t I have to clear it with somebody?” Zeck asked.

“An elder in my family,” Marigold said.  “And we’re going to the eldest elders’ house now.”

“Let’s go,” Zeck said.

Marigold simply tapped on the house roof, which no longer came up to her hips, when they arrived.  Sarah freaked out, as Wes would have put it, until Zeck spoke, his voice feeding into a huge screen Sarah could read.

“Mrs. Bell, I understand your concerns,” Zeck said,  “But Marigold and I both think her condition is a gift of God -- not a gift without its burdens, but a gift nevertheless,” Zeck said.  “and we think our meeting is a gift, too, one that could lead to something more.  We know there are consequences, but we believe we’re being led to take those chances.  Please, give us that chance.”

Sarah looked up at Marigold.  “What he said,” Marigold said.

Sarah looked at Wes.  “Remind you of anybody?” he asked.

Sarah smiled.  “How could it not remind me of us?” she said.  “But, Wes, the cost to Marigold --”

“--  Is her choice to bear,” Wes said.

Sarah nodded.  “You’d best get out some spare sheets and blankets,” the first giantess said.  “I think we’re going to need them for Sunny when we tell her the news.”

Sarah had forgotten how keen Marigold’s ears were.  “You’re saying yes?” the tallest giantess said ecstatically.

Sarah gave Zeck a smiling glance as she turned to marigold and said, “yes, we’re saying yes.”

Zeck heard the loudest rumble yet and realized that this surge was more than 200 feet.  Marigold was now somewhere around 1,150 feet tall.  She was literally so tall as to be a human mountain now.

Marigold knelt down to what she saw as her increasingly tiny beau.  “I’ve never even been allowed to think much about boys for fear of the surges,” she said.

“I can see why,” Zeck said.  “But I love it.”

Marigold carried Zeck and his hover car off on her fingertip, wearing a makeshift bikini and waving back to her ancestors as she left.

Sarah stared after her.  What have we done? she thought.

Chapter 5 by macromega

It was a few days later when the big screen vid unit Wes used as a cell phone rang.  He answered to find it was Zeck.  “What brings you to call?” Wes asked.

“Well, sir --”

“Wes.”

“Wes, I have something I’ll need to ask Marigold, and I think it will need the approval of an elder in her family.  I know you, so I thought I could ask you.”

“So, what’s on your mind?”

Wes heard out Zeck’s plan.  “And why do you want to do this?”

“It’ll pay enough money for me to implement the plans I’m hoping to act on with Marigold,” Zeck answered.  "Actually, I kind of got the idea from rereading your memoir from when Sarah grew.”

Wes smiled.  “I can see that,” he said.  “But is that all?”

Zeck took a deep breath.  “No sir -- Wes,” he said.  “But it seems a little fast for the other part of my idea.”

“From what I’ve seen in Marigold -- and I don’t just mean her size -- I’m not sure I agree,” he said.  “But that’s your decision.  In any event, I approve of your plan -- and, if part two is what I think it is, I approve of that, too.  I could use another reporter in … well, you know.”

“Thank you, Wes,” Zeck said.  “Now I just need to ask Marigold.”

Zeck was out to see Marigold the next day.  He was astonished to see that she was still the same size -- until she saw him.  Suddenly his colossal love added another hundred meters to her height.

“Are you all right?” Zeck asked.  “Where are you living?”

“I’ve made a tent,” Marigold answered.  “It’s really mostly for changing clothes.  I’m so big I’m pretty much immune to the elements.  The only weather phenomenon that worries me is lightning, and there’s just not much I can do about that.”

“Marigold, I need to discuss something with you,” Zeck said.  “It’s a professional thing.”

“OK,” Marigold said.  “Go ahead.”

“See, I had to tell my editor about us because it could influence how I wrote the story.  He had no problem with running it, but he’s also hoping I’ll do a blog … about us.  And, specifically, about you, the biggest woman in the world.”

Marigold’s brow furrowed.

“Look, if you don’t want to, I won’t,” Zeck said.  “In fact, my first instinct was to tell him no right away, but they’re offering me an insane amount of money for just a few write-ups -- enough to buy us some land where we’d be able to set up what you’d need to live, even if you get a lot bigger.  A LOT bigger.”

Marigold pulled her head back slightly in surprise.  “Is there that much money?”

Zeck laughed.  “Oh, yes,” he said.

“Zeck, we’ve got to have a place for me to live,” Marigold said. "I’m outgrowing even the giant community’s ability to cope with my condition.  If this will provide a means to do it, I think we’ve got to pursue it.”

“All right,” said Zeck.  “I promise, I won’t submit anything without your prior approval.”

“Speaking of approval, we need to ask an elder,” Marigold said.

Zeck smiled.  “Will your eight-papa do?  He’s already given his permission.”

Marigold laid down with her face toward her love.  “Zeck, you do think of everything,” she said.

It was two visits later before Zeck worked up the nerve to broach the second part of what he wanted to talk with Marigold about.  By this time she was a full 600 meters tall when he arrived.  To his astonishment, on seeing him and hearing his voice, she skyrocketed up another 200 meters.  There was no question about it, the surges were increasing rapidly.  On the one hand, he was afraid for what this might mean for both him and the woman he loved -- but he had never seen anyone more incredibly beautiful than Marigold, and every millimeter of size said how much she loved him.

Zeck rode his hover car up to Marigold’s shoulder.  It was now so vast that he could easily leave it there, and it was the safest way to be near his love.

Up close, Zeck could see the pores in Marigold’s skin.  He was beginning to be able to see what he thought were individual skin cells.

“How are you, Sunshine?” Zeck asked.

“Sunshine?” Marigold said.

“Sure,” said Zeck.  “My days are brighter with you than without you.  To me, you’re not just ‘sunny.’  It’s like a couple of songs from the 20th century my grandma loved -- “You Are the Sunshine of My Life,” and “You Are My Sunshine.”

Marigold’ eyes widened.  “I know those songs!” she said.

“How do you know them, Sunshine?” Zeck asked.

“They’re from Eight-Papa’s days as a standard, or close to them,” Marigold said.  “He plays that Stevie Wonderful stuff all the time.”

Zeck chuckled again.  “Well, as big as you are now, you’re my Sunshine Over the Mountains,” Zeck said.

As a tear started to run down Marigold’s cheek, Zeck heard a familiar rumbling.  “It’s about to be even further over them,” she said as she grew even larger.

Marigold took a moment to get her bearings.  “Oh, Zeck,” she said, “I’m over half a mile tall now.”

Zeck nodded.  “Well, I won’t promise things won’t get worse,” he said.  “Marigold, I want to talk to you about something.”

“Go ahead, Zeck,” she said.

“See, I as much as I love your growing, we’re starting to run the risk that your scale will reach a place where even someone with your abilities can’t survive.  I hate to say it, but we’ve got to stop your growth.”

“I agree,” Marigold said, “But not just because of that.  Zeck, I’m getting so big I’m afraid I might accidentally hurt you -- or worse, become so big that even my sensitivity will make me lose touch with you.  Without my sensitivity, you’d already be no more than a speck to me now.  I can’t bear the thought of losing you that way.”

“I think I know a way for us to stop it,” Zeck said.  “The same way your eight-papa and eight-mama did.”

“But that took a miracle,” Marigold said.

“Actually, it may with us,” Zeck said.  “But you’re so big I think we can actually make it work more easily than they could.”

“Zeck, you know how Eight-Mama’s growth was stopped,” Marigold said.

“Yes, I do,” Zeck said.

“You know I couldn’t agree to that without --”

Suddenly she realized that Zeck was down on one knee.  “Let’s save some time,” he said.  “Sunshine, will you marry me?”

Marigold managed to get out “Yes! Yes! Yes!” before she began to skyrocket up.  Zeck had to cover his ears because of the sound.

After she stopped growing, Marigold looked around to get her bearings.  “Oh, heavens,” she said.  “Zeck, I think I grew a quarter of a mile!”

“I’d say that’s pretty close,” Zeck said.

“Oh!  We’re going to need the permission of an el- --” Marigold said.  “Wait.  You’ve already asked Eight-Papa about this, haven’t you?”

Zeck nodded.  “We have his blessing.”

Marigold’s smile beamed.  “Oh, Zeck, I love you.”

“I love you, too, Mrs. Runyan,” he said.

“Mrs. … Runyan …” Marigold said, adding another 1,000-plus feet to her height.  “I love the thought, Mr. Runyan.”

“So I see,” said Zeck.

Chapter 6 by macromega

Of necessity, the wedding arrangements were made quickly.  Sarah and Wes were asked in their roles as elders and Marigold’s ancestors to officiate.  Sarah agreed to speak at the ceremony, but left the handling of the vows to Wes, since she still couldn’t hear Zeck.

Marigold’s burgeoning size made most traditional details of a wedding an impossibility.  The notion of a gown on a woman who was, by the time of the ceremony, a mile and a half tall and virtually guaranteed of growing even more enormous during the ceremony, was absurd on the face of it.  It took acres of fabric to simply cover her private parts in a way that gave her a chance of remaining covered throughout the ceremony.

The ceremony itself took place against a backdrop of the Rocky Mountains, the only way Marigold could make an entrance into the scene.  It was a worldwide news event, with members of the public from the standard population and virtually the entire giant community.

On laying eyes on Zeck, dressed up for the ceremony, the bride added a full half-mile to her height.  The vows brought another ¾ of a mile, and the pronouncement a full mile.  Each surge brought gasps from the crowd.  The bride’s impossible height had more than doubled during the ceremony.

Zeck had planned as far ahead as possible.  He had warned state and federal air travel officials and the military about Sarah’s unique problem, since he knew she would likely grow into air space lanes during the wedding, as she did.  He had used the blog income to make a land purchase in what would be, for him, an extremely inhospitable area, but one where Marigold could have some peace and room for what they both hoped would be her final round of growth.  He had even worked to provide a footpath for Marigold to reach their destination.  The site was one that was unlikely to result in spy satellites or aircraft flying overhead and taking pictures, but it wasn’t guaranteed they’d have privacy.  On Marigold’s scale, true privacy was virtually impossible.

Zeck finally met Marigold’s parents and grandparents. He was relieved to learn that they accepted him gladly.  Marigold’s mother, Erin Bloomberg, told him she had always believed, since Marigold started surging, that this might well happen; she just wanted her daughter to be happy, since this might be the heart of a third miracle in the giant faith.  She was pleased Marigold was happy, and commented on how much similarity she saw between Zeck and Seven-Papa Wes.

Once Marigold gave her love to family and friends, and Zeck did the same, he flew up to land his hovercar on Marigold’s shoulder.  He had an oxygen supply with him in case her growth took him high enough he would need it, and he had a Standard Sexual Center sensor suit with him.  He had cold weather gear, too, but hoped he wouldn’t need it.

Marigold was able now to span more than a mile with a single step.  While her proportional movement was slow, she was still able to cover miles in a minute, and nearly a thousand miles an hour.

Marigold walked north along Zeck’s path, following his guidance using a GPS device.  Soon they had reached the straits between Alaska and Russia, which Marigold was astonished to learn she could cross easily due to her sheer size.  In a couple of minutes, she had moved into the Eastern Hemisphere.

Zeck’s land was a massive tract in Siberia.  The setting would have been inhospitable at best to most other humans, and unreachable for any smaller giants, but it was a wonderland for Marigold.  On laying sight on her new home, sparkling with a blanket of snow lit by the sun, Marigold said, “Oh, Zeck!  It’s so beautiful!  This is our home?”

Zeck nodded.  “This is it,” he said.

Marigold was so happy it triggered yet another surge.  When she was done growing, she was a full five miles tall.

The wedding night was more chaste than either Marigold or Zeck really wanted, but each knew they had to be careful or Marigold might climb out of Earth’s atmosphere.  Still, Zeck needed to stay warm, and they wanted to do something.

Marigold lay on her back, her breast now each the size of mountains in their own right.  She directed Zeck to land the hover car on the tip of her left nipple, where her sensitivity would allow him to pleasure both himself and her.

From Zeck’s perspective, his up-close view of his bride now clearly encompassed pores and skin cells, but it didn’t matter.  Where he was to spend the night was warm with both his Sunshine’s love and body heat, and he reveled in the sheer softness of her breast and the firmness of her nipple as he felt it erect.  He realized at one point Marigold was growing, but he also knew that had probably been coming.  He knew vaginal sex might have produced even more growth.  At least this way her height was still in the single digits of miles.

It was only two days until the date Zeck and Marigold had calculated, the day Marigold was due to ovulate.  With Marigold lying on her back, Zeck landed the hover car and put on the sensor suit.  Wearing the suit was a risk, given Marigold’s sensitivity, but it was the only way Zeck could survive inside her for as long as he would need to be there.

The plan was simple enough.  It was pregnancy that stopped Sarah’s growth.  The hope was that pregnancy would stop Marigold’s too.  But, without the aid of the kind of miracle Wes and Sarah had experienced, Zeck and Marigold would have to accomplish the goal this way.

Knowing the hover car wouldn’t be able to function inside Marigold, Zeck climbed inside.  Once she felt him in her, she grew yet again. Based on the distances Zeck now saw, he guesstimated she was now about 10 miles tall.  That meant one more surge and the air Marigold would be breathing would be much thinner if she stood up.  Zeck hoped her body, which kept adapting as it grew, would be able to make that change if need be.  If it happened, she would literally be stratospheric.

The hope had been that the ovum would be in Marigold’s womb when Zeck arrived there, but there was no sign of it.  Still, he knew that was a possibility.  He had brought a device some scientists had rigged to track which of Marigold’s fallopian tubes the egg cell would come from; they were happy to put it together, given the notoriety and income its success would bring their lab.

From Zeck’s perspective, the egg was traveling down the tube on his right; it would actually be on Marigold’s left.  He made his way to it, traveling about a mile between swimming and hiking. 

Soon Zeck was at the entrance to the tube.  He went inside only a short distance.  Going too far in would be useless; the egg had to be fertilized while it was inside Marigold’s womb, or at least very close to it, so it would embed in a viable place.

After a wait of an hour, Zeck saw it; a sphere a meter across moving down the tube.  He positioned himself to be ready when it passed, then jumped on the ovum.  In the meantime, his member had been released from the suit; at the very thought of where he was and what he was doing, and what it would mean for his Sunshine’s future, it quickly swelled.

As he landed atop the egg, he realized that it and his surroundings were enlarging yet again.  The ovum was now a meter and a half across; that meant Marigold was now about 15 miles tall, with her height extending about four miles in to the stratosphere when she stood up.  Zeck realized her sensitivity had let her know where in the process he was; she knew he was about to father their child, they hoped the first of many.  That had filled her colossal heart with even more pleasure, and triggered the latest -- and Zeck hoped last -- surge.

Holding the warm ovum, Zeck felt his own love for Marigold and for the child he hoped this egg would become swelling, and felt it translate into another kind of growth.  The pressure of the situation could have been counterproductive, but Zeck hoped and prayed he would (the writer in him chuckled at his own pun) be able to come through.

Zeck felt a surge of a more traditional kind through his entire body.  He hoped he was right, that his sperm would be able to get through into the super-sized egg and fertilize it.  He knew it might not work, that the egg cell wall might be too tough, but it was all he had.

Then, as his body relaxed, Zeck gasped.  He could see sperm getting through the cell wall.  It was working!  Despite everything that said it shouldn’t, couldn’t work, it was working!

Then Zeck realized the cell -- and his surroundings -- were growing again.  Marigold had felt him come!  It had triggered yet another surge!

Panic-stricken, Zeck looked at the egg.  The sperm was still making its way through the now-even-thicker cell wall.  It hadn’t fertilized the egg yet.  That was why Marigold was still growing … or, at least, he hoped that was why.

Zeck watched in wonder as the sperm continued their journey.  He saw them get inside the cell wall, saw them combine … and realized the egg itself was starting to divide.  The egg had divided.  It appeared two sperm had gotten through, and somehow the egg had divided, maybe due to its sheer size.  Marigold might have more than one child -- if this ended as he hoped.

First, though, Zeck had to make sure at least one of the eggs implanted.  Without that, all of this was for nothing.

As best he could, Zeck worked to put some spin on one of the eggs.  It made its way to the uterine wall.  He had to dive off to keep from being pinned between the egg and the wall, but it landed and attached.

Zeck started the hours-long journey back out of Marigold’s now much-bigger body.  He turned as he prepared to exit her uterus. The other egg also had embedded.  Zeck smiled, and tears ran down his cheeks.  He had gotten to see his first two children conceived.

Once he was finally out, Zeck got out of the sensor suit, now coated in a heavy layer of Marigold’s natural lubricants.  He clambered into the hover car.  After a moment to pull himself together, Zeck piloted the hover car up to Marigold, floating it above her face.

“Sunshine!” Zeck shouted.  “Sunshine!  We did it!”

Marigold looked at him and began to sob.  “Darling, I … I can’t hear you,” his wife said.  “You’re too small.  Try getting by my ear.  I can still see you.  Maybe I can hear you there.”

Zeck knew his expression reflected the shock he felt, but he couldn’t help it.  He landed it just inside her left ear.  “Can you hear me here?” he shouted.

“Yes,” Marigold whispered.  He realized why she was whispering when he felt her voice carry through her body by bone conduction.  Her skull was close enough to let the noise travel that way.

“We did it, Sunshine,” Zeck said.  “You’re pregnant.  And not just with one baby.  I saw them implant.  We’re having twins!”

Zeck felt the massive sobs from Marigold.  “Oh, Zeck!” she said.  “I’m going to be the mama of your children!”

“Yes, my love,” he said.

Then he felt Marigold’s whole upper body move as she gasped.  “Zeck!” she said.  “I’m … I’m so happy -- but I’m not growing!  It worked!  It worked!”

Both of them began to sob.  “Yes,” Zeck said.  "It worked.  Marigold, would you mind if I sleep here?  I’m pretty exhausted, and I want you to be able to hear me.”

Zeck felt Marigold’s jaw muscles move; she was smiling.  “You’re fine there, Dearest,” she said.  “Besides, it’s no wonder you’re tired.  You gave your all in there; and I love that I could tell.  And Zeck, it worked!”

Yeah, thought Zeck.  Now I just hope the next phase works as well.

Chapter 7 by macromega

The next morning, Zeck used his hover car ro measure Marigold’s length.  She was so big he had to use the onboard GPS device to calculate her distance while she lay on the ground.  He whistled when he saw the number, then flew his hover car into Marigold’s ear.



“Twenty-two-point-two miles,” Zeck said.  “Marigold, you’re 22.2 miles tall.”



Marigold took a deep breath, sending the mountains that were her breasts a full mile higher into the air momentarily.  “Well, at least I’ve stopped growing,” she said.  “And I can still see you and still hear you; just not at the same time.”



“Hang in there, m’love,” Zeck said.  “It’ll get better.”



Being newlyweds, and with the threat of more growth surges now removed, Zeck used the sensor suit several times a day.  He loved giving Marigold the pleasure, and loved that she could tell when he had come inside her, even with their scal difference.



Zeck also frequently checked on the progress of the children.  He saw them grow first from balls of cells into tubes, and then into beings the shape of babies, already many times bigger than him, inside their amniotic sacs.



But the most troubling issue in the early days of the Runyans’ marriage was when Marigold said eve3ry day she was full and never needed to eat, drink or excrete.  Zeck knew it might be years or even decades between when she would need to eat a meal, but he still felt it should be checked out.  With renowned biologists and medical doctors the world over wanting to examine her, that made finding someone to check her out easy.



Then came the news.  Marigold’s body had changed how it processed food as one of its last adaptations to her size.  She was so massive her body now absorbed solar energy, kinetic energy from wind and precipitation, and even lightning to feed her.  After a lightning strike, Marigold felt stuffed, as if she’d eaten a feast.  She no longer needed to eat.



What concerned Zeck was whether Marigold would produce milk.  If the children fed the way she did, she wouldn’t produce the high-growth milk of her people, and that was needed for the last phase of his plan to succeed.  Without it, the best he could hope was far less than what he had planned.



With little to do, and Marigold basking in whatever the elements provided as she fed during the day, Zeck spent his time between her internal sex organs and her breasts.  She reveled in the fact that she could still feel her husband, and enjoyed every moment.



Then, one day, as Zeck was crossing Marigold’s left nipple, he realized his foot was wet.  He looked down and saw a pale white liquid was around his foot.  He reached down and dipped a finger in it.  Bringing his finger to his lips, he tasted it.  It was sweet.  Suddenly he realized what it was from the descriptions he’d read.



Zeck dashed to his hover car and flew into Marigold’s ear.  “Sunshine!” he shouted.  “You’re producing colustrum!  You’re lactating!  You’re lactating!”



“You sound surprised,” Marigold whispered.  It was the first time Zeck realized that it hadn’t occurred to his bride that she wouldn’t be nursing her babies.



“Marigold,” he said, “I want to follow in Wes’ footsteps.  I want to use your milk to help me grow.”



“What? “



“Marigold, with the relatively tiny size of giant babies, you need help when they’re born.  But our children will be bigger than their grandparents on your side when they’re born, and you’re having twins.  You’re going to need help.”



“But, Zeck, you’ll be giving up --”



“Nothing,” Zeck said.  “I’ll be giving up nothing to claim the life I want to live.  I’ll be getting everything, not giving up anything.”



He could feel Marigold’s jaw muscles shift into a smile.  “But giant men get these hugely muscled bodies,” she said.  “You’re so cute like you are.  Still, I can’t wait for you to be bigger, I have to admit.  Go for it darling.”



“Looks like I’m going to be closer to my Sunshine,” Zeck said as he got in his hover car for what would turn out to be his last ride.



Zeck got out of the hover car and got down on his knees  He began to drink deeply from the sweet colustrum.  He did so until he was full and almost immediately passed out.



Zeck didn’t know how much longer it was when he came too.  He heard Marigold’s voice.  “Zeck, I see you stirring.  Are you all right love?”



Not fully awake, Zeck answered without thinking, “I’m fine,”



He felt Marigold’s mighty breasts heave.  “Zeck, I can  hear you again!” she said.  “You’re big enough now that I can hear you!”



Zeck looked around him, seeking to get his bearings.  Marigold’s erect nipple was still massive to him, but seemed much smaller than it had earlier.  Then he found his hover car, and picked it up in one of his hands.



“Wow!” Zeck said.  “It’s really working, isn’t it?”



Marigold nodded.  “But not quite like other giantess’ milk,” she said.  “You still have that leanly muscled, sexy body I fell in love with.  Although I do see one other benefit.”



“What’s that?” Zeck asked.



Marigold giggled as she pointed to what Zeck took to be his crotch.  “Your shtucka seems to be growing faster than the rest of you -- which could prove to be very interesting.”



Zeck looked down and realized that his manhood was definitely larger at rest than before.  “Oh, my,” he said.



Marigold giggled.  “You know, Zeck, it’s important to drink from both breasts to keep the milk flowing.”



“It’ll take me a little while to get over there, since the hover car’s too small now and you’re still so much bigger than me,” Zeck said.  “But we can’t have things getting out of balance, can we?”  He started the climb down Marigold’s left breast in order to move to her right.

Chapter 8 by macromega

“Twenty-Mama Marigold!” came the familiar voice.

Marigold turned from the snow sculpture she had been making.  “Sunflower!” Marigold shouted.  “How are you, Twenty-Daughter?”

“Fine,” Sunflower said.  “Guess what, Twenty-Mama.  I’m off food now!”

“Well, that is a rite of passage,” Marigold said.

The eldest of the Eastern giantesses looked over her twenty-daughter.  Sunflower had reached about 11 miles tall, which was likely nearly her full height.  She was naked, as all the Eastern giants were; clothing simply wasn’t practical on this scale, and they had no need for it.  In fact, clothing blocked feeding, since it intercepted solar rays and kinetic energy from wind and rain.

But Marigold also saw the Sunflower had clearly developed both pubic hair and the curves of feminine maturity.  Those usually coincided with being able to move off of mother’s milk among Eastern giantesses, with puberty also signaling the end of nursing for their males.

“Where’s Twenty-Papa Zeck?” Sunflower asked.

“He’s taken a walk to western Europe,” Marigold said.  “He said he wanted to see some family history.”

“That would have been hard when more people still lived there,” Sunflower said.

Marigold nodded.  She knew that the energy and atmospheric science from studying her and Zeck, combined with the food science from the Western giants, had led to most standards leaving Earth for colonies as their populations kept increasing.  By now, humans lived on Mercury, Venus and Mars, all in colonies that had Earth-like conditions.  While there were still large populations of standards in Australia and the southern parts of South America and Africa, few lived on the rest of the planet.

Now the northern hemisphere of the Earth was populated almost entirely by giants, as were the northern parts of the southern hemisphere.  It was impractical for giants to make space trips, and it also just didn’t seem to be needed.  They lived so imply, and were, in some sense, so terrestrial that it made sense for them to stay put.

Marigold chuckled as she watched Sunflower blowing low clouds around.  It was a fun pastime, especially for the younger giants.  “Remember, Flower, we don’t want to put too much moisture into them,” she said.  “The Western giants don’t need flooding.

“And, speaking of the Western giants, your Twenty-Eight-Mama and Papa, Sarah and Wes, are coming over today.  Your Five-Mama Martha is picking them up for the trip.”

“Oh! That’s right!” said Sunflower.  She ran over and hugged Marigold.  “Happy 500th birthday, Twenty-Mama!”

Marigold smiled down.  “Thank you, Sweetie,” she said.  Marigold expected no gifts except for hugs and visits.  On their scale, the Eastern giants had almost no use at all for possessions, and simply enjoyed living and feeding off what God provided in nature.

Sunflower eventually broke the hug.  “Twenty-Mama, Twenty-Eight-Papa Wes looks so old, but he’s only 750,” she said.

Marigold nodded.  “Physically, he’s what standards call middle-aged,” she said.  “The smaller giants in the west age much faster than we do.  In the last 500 years, even Twenty-Eight-Mama Sarah has aged about five years for standards, where we haven’t even aged six months.”

“How long will we live?” Sunflower asked.

Marigold smiled.  “Maybe to the end of the Earth,” she said.

“But why aren’t I as big as my Mama, and her not as tall as hers?” Sunflower asked.

“I don’t really know,” Marigold said.  “Just as each generation of Western giants is getting taller, each of Eastern giants is getting shorter.  Your Nineteen-Mama Erin, my firstborn, was a little bit shorter than me, and her twin sister, Sarah, was the same height.  And the tallest Eastern giants are up to about 1,500 feet now, about 2 1/2 times what they were when I lived among them.  But now there are enough men here who are unrelated or distantly related for you to find a husband here, if you want, instead of going to the West and searching there.”

Sunflower blushed.  “Yeah,” she said.  “A couple of boys have already started flirting with me.”

“I’m not surprised,” Marigold said.

“Oh, look!” said Sunflower.  “Here comes Twenty-Papa Zeck!”

Marigold ran over to her husband as he stepped over a few hills.  Zeck’s growth about 480 years ago had brought him up to breast high on her, a situation both of them relished.

Zeck held out a hand to Marigold.  “Happy birthday, Sunshine,” he said.

Marigold looked down.  In his hand was a castle, carefully dug up and carried, intact, to this site.

“It’s one of the castles the Clan Bell had in the Scotland-England border areas,” he said.  I had to dig out the ruins, and then brought it here.  That’s your bloodline through your Eight-Papa.”

Tears welled in Marigold’s eyes.  “It’s beautiful,” she said.  “Thank you!  And he’ll love seeing it while he’s here, too.”

“I love you, Sunshine,” Zeck said.

“I love you, too,” Marigold said, as she leaned down to kiss him.

Seeing Zeck’s reaction to the kiss, Sunflower giggled.  “I think I’ll check back later,” she said.  “You two need some time alone.”  She left her twenty-parents to their eternal love.

THE END

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=2669