Penny & Souls Lost by EricAFreak
Summary:

And here's yet another story for the Penny Series.

The Magical penny which steals souls and transfers it's users souls into anything. What could possibly go wrong?

In chapter one we have the story of how the magical Penny was created, and what became of its masters. Interesting in a sense.

In the following chapters we have the main story.

The brazen teenager Cassie, and her friends abuse the power of the penny. In this high school story we will have quite a few scenario's. Cassie and her friends plots and plans will forever leave a mark on this high school's occupants. Look forward to it.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 


Categories: Vore, Teenager (13-19), Animal, Object, Unaware, Violent, Crush Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: None
Size Roles: None
Warnings: Following story may contain inappropriate material for certain audiences
Challenges: None
Series: The Penny
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 12181 Read: 53299 Published: October 31 2013 Updated: January 26 2014

1. Chapter 1 Penny & Origins by EricAFreak

2. Chapter 2 Hit the Showers by EricAFreak

3. Chapter 3 Biology Class by EricAFreak

4. Chapter 4 Dissection by EricAFreak

5. Chapter 5 Lunch Crush by EricAFreak

6. Chapter 6 Schools Out by EricAFreak

7. Chapter 7 Memories by EricAFreak

Chapter 1 Penny & Origins by EricAFreak
Author's Notes:

The first chapter is a dry Penny Origin Story, which will most likely appeal only to the diehard followers of my Penny Series. The Cameo's will also probably be only noted by the series fans as well.

The second and final Chapter will be about Cassie. A traditional penny story. I originally planned for both chapters to be out for Halloween, as well as finishing my other story, Experiment & Lost to Time. But it seems I've run out of time and also have been working overtime at my work, so it just isn't going to happen! So I will provide you with what I can for today.

So I hope this opening chapter will serve as a good appetizer. And Hopefully I can finish all my loose end stories soon, if I ever get some more free time. I wish everyone a happy Halloween!

      An old Egyptian priest set the round metallic object on the table in front of him. Using his wands magic, the object glowed. "It is done. With the thousandth soul, the Ritual is complete." Horus dropped the object into the final pool of blood. The last human sacrifice's remains sat next to it, pale from lack of blood.

      "It is the Eye of Ra." Horus said.

      "Peculiar name, but it is most fitting. It meets my approval Horus."

      Ra reached down for the object in the pool of blood." Holding it up, Ra examined the object closely.       "Horus, my faithful servant. With this! My Reign will last for eternity." Said Ra as blood dripped down his hand.

      "Yes Ra." Horus bowed down before him.

      "But Horus. How does the Eye of Ra work?" Asked Ra as he looked down at the object.

      "All objects, and people have a soul Ra, and this object steals them." He picked up the object. "The eye of Ra also has a soul as well, and will read it's users mind, and well..."

      Ra watched as the metallic round Object in his hand rearranged itself into a coin.

      "As you can see Ra. It has taken the form of an ordinary coin to protect itself."

      "I don't care for how the Eye of Ra looks! Just tell me how it works Horus! I grow Impatient!"

      Horus looked at his God. "Yes. Upon saying the word Lucky, in any language, the Eye of Ra will steal the soul of anything the wielder was touching with his other hand. At that point the wielder of the Eye of Ra's Soul will transfer into the thing he was touching. With your own body devoid of a soul it is stored perfectly inside the Eye of Ra until the wielder takes the Eye of Ra into his hands once again. The Eye of Ra at that point will return the soul it originally took and return it to whence it came."

      "I see Horus! Clever, but such a dangerous choice of words for magic activation. Now demonstrate!" Ra commanded, dropping the Eye of Ra into Horus's hand.

      Horus caught the Eye of Ra in his right hand and hesitated.

      "Go on!" Said Ra as he handed a sword to Horus.

      "Wait, remember to have my body touch the Eye of Ra to return my soul to my original vassal."

      "Of course, I would not choose to lose such a valued servant."

      With a sigh of relief Horus spoke the magic word as he held the sword in his opposite hand.

      Ra watched as the sword and coin hit the ground with a clang. Picking up both he admired Horus's work.

      "You make a decent sword Horus." Ra chuckled as he swung the sword through the air. "But alas you are needed by me as you were much more." Ra released Horus's trapped soul from the sword with a touch from the Eye of Ra.

      "Yes, Ra. I will always be your most humble servant." Horus bowed, thankful to be released from the swords body.

      "First we shall find my new body, yours as well. Then I shall rule Egypt for eternity."

      As his proclamation had played out, Ra sat over and ruled Egypt for eons, without issue. Over the centuries however, he had slowly lost power over his Egyptian people. As time progressed his position always seemed to be a dangerous place to be. Eventually he was driven from Egypt and headed north. Along the way they ran into slaves also fleeing Egypt. Horus used his dark magic to open a path in the sea. Ra was angry at the group, but they seemed harmless enough. The group was heading to Israel. Ra might have cared enough to have them executed if he still ruled Egypt, but the former slaves, being lead by an old man, took the sea's parting as a miracle of their god. Which was a much easier excuse to hide Horus's presence. Using them as camouflage worked out well for Ra and Horus.

      Constantly replacing his host bodies as they got old and frail, he had found that taking the bodies of children was safer and easier. The positions of power always seemed to be a dangerous place to be regardless of his host's positions. In the years following the massive death, he had ended up in a terrible situation. He had taken a young  man's body who was slated to be the next King of England. It was shortly after this point he nearly lost his head. Eventually, after many more years and tries at power, Horus and himself made one final go at controlling the world before giving up.

      This was the closest to ruling the world they would ever come, but it was also the most dangerous attempt. Setting up the Thule society in Germany, Ra had bidden his time well. The wait until a proper host presented themselves was difficult, but worth it. He had taken the body of a young German at the head of the Thule society. The young man had been quite accomplished, and even wrote a very popular book which helped him to acquire his exalted position. Throwing the world into chaos, he had no intention to stop until the world was his again. It was all for naught in the end though. His hosts body eventually met an unfortunate end, leaving him to escape the wrecked Germany. Forced to steal bodies along the way, it was a very precarious time. It was at this time he had had suffered a personal tragedy. Himmler, No Horus. He had met his untimely end, far away from Ra. Ra regretted his servants death. Perhaps Horus was the closest thing he had to family. Alas Ra had to move on. He was already too late to save his good old friend, so he had to move on. Horus had been his only companion for thousands of years. He was alone now.

      As luck had it, he was able to head to America. Following the winds of power he sailed across the Atlantic. While there, he was able to build himself a corporate empire. He was satisfied. Staving off his loneliness was now his primary concern, controlling the world was no longer a priority or an afterthought. Choosing the son of a wealthy family within his company, he decided it was time to have a fresh life.

      Using the Eye of Ra, Ra took the body of the four year old son of the family he had scouted in his company. After many years of hiding the Eye of Ra, he lost it. Or maybe he chose to abandon it. It was at school somewhere, but he gave up looking for it, instead he focused on living a normal life.

      Reforming himself, he chose to pursue the matters of love. Ha had been lonely far too long, and just wanted to live a true life. He had become infatuated with a young girl that attended his school over the years. He had gone out with her on several dates already, and she was now moving unto college. Tonight they were going to celebrate her acceptance into her chosen college! Of course he was also already accepted. Her name was Rachel, she reminded him of one his old Egyptian queens, still it was her unique personality that had truly caught his soul. She had a younger brother Alex whom he did not care for, but that wasn't important.

      Tonight, they would finally become one.

***

      As for the Eye of Ra, it was eventually found. Ra would never see it again, but his girlfriends brother had. The Eye of Ra, resembling a penny, was actually sitting in her purse during her entire date with Ra. From here it found its way to a gas station where it took the poor soul of a young man. After that it had now finally found its new owner, a small young girl named Cassie who loved animals. A fitting new owner, who would help the Penny devour more souls.

***

      It had been a quite a few years since Cassie had found the Magical Penny. She was now going on 16, it was hard to believe that years earlier she had gone on exciting adventures. She was the typical small young blonde girl who played and romped all over her family's farm. She had found the magical Penny when she was only ten, it originally was going to help her buy some ice cream. Instead it had lead her on several crazy adventures, the first was when she had transferred her soul into the family's cat, Spitz. It was an accident of course, not knowing back then what she knew now. Saying the word lucky would transfer her soul into the animals around the farm. That first time was really scary, and she had nearly spent her life as a cat. Luckily she was able to figure out the way to reverse the magic pennies effect, by the day's end. But here she was now contemplating it's use again, now that she was older. It had sat in her hope chest by her bed for so many years.

To be Continued.

End Notes:

Thank you for reading the first chapter. I hope you like the follow up chapter more! Happy Halloween! The second part will be done, when I get some more time.

As always I congratulate you if you read this far, and I hope you can do me the honor of pointing out any mistakes you saw, or provide me with positive criticism or feedback. Knowing people enjoy my stories can't help but make me want to write more.

 Thank you,

EricAFreak

Chapter 2 Hit the Showers by EricAFreak
Author's Notes:

Okay, so I decided to break up this story more, since I Don't have a lot of time to write. Until this story is done, I will persist in finishing it with the upmost speed. I guarantee the penny will be used in every chapter. With that, enjoy this chapter and the following chapters that will now follow.

      Cassie was a rather typical farm girl, rambunctious and tomboyish, but still had many friends in school. She rode the bus like so many others who lived in the outskirts of her town. Her school was largely made up of the obnoxious city kids anyways. She had instinctively made friends with her fellow mates who had rode the bus with her for so many years to the school. They, like her, were either farmers or from poor families living away from the city. Today she hoped on the bus and sat next to her best friend Susan.

      Cassie sat down next to her friend as the brakes let off the bus, emitting a nostalgic hissing sound.

      "Did you bring it Cassie?" Asked Susan as her eyes darted to Cassie's purse. "The legendary item!"

      "I like to think of it more as a cursed item Susan." She shrugged. "And yes, I have it."

      Susan's eyes fidgeted around as she looked over Cassie, hoping to catch a glimpse of the seemingly ordinary item. Susan had learned of the item during a sleep over when they were younger, even to this day the thing mystified her.

      "So what are you going to do to Janet, that sneaky weasel?" She puffed her chest. "Damn slutty city cheerleaders."

      Cassie also was not fond of Janet nor many of her classmates from the city, sure some were okay. Joel came to mind, she was from a poor part of the city, and even knew about the penny. Well she knew of the stories, weather she believed them or not was another. She was a city girl, and didn't quite believe her friends about their wild stories. "We'll see, Susan."

      "Still what were planning doesn't feel right you know." She went to Cassie's ear. "Using the item for murder, wouldn't it be enough to scare her?" Susan said in a whisper.

      "What good will that do, besides, then she would know our secret. We already discussed this Susan! It was your idea!"

      "Quiet down back there!" Yelled the bus driver as they passed by another farm.

      Cassie's voice got quieter. "We do as planed Susan." "Got it?"

      "I think so." Susan replied, unsure of herself.

      After some time the bus arrived at the high school, and let off its passengers before disembarking again.

      Janet, seventeen and in her final year. She had climbed her way to the top of her high school's cheer squad. She'd use any tactic, slender, bullying, anything that would get her what she wanted. Her father ran a warehouse and was well off. So much so that his lovely daughter got to have her own convertible. Like any good social hierarchy, she stood at the top and paraded from her car with an entourage of followers.

      "Just look at her! Thinks she's a damn queen, the slut."

      "I agree Susan, but her entourage will need to be removed in order for us to succeed."

      "The plan might not work Cassie, the magic word and timing will be hard to pull off, and first we need to get the damn thing in her hand." Susan retorted.

      "Our first and best chance will be at gym, assuming she doesn't skip." I already got a plan worked out to keep her entourage out of the changing rooms for our plan.

***

      Janet was covered in sweat. In gym they had played volley ball. She had a suspicion that the farm girls were up to something. Still it didn't matter, it seemed they had tried to prevent her shower. Stalling her as long as they did at the end of class. Still it now meant she had the changing rooms to herself. Her other friends had long since changed and left, and the farm girls were likely to be later to the shower than even her. So of course she striped and entered the shower station.

      Now this was odd. Sitting inside of the shower stall was a desk. Perhaps placed there by her friends. It seemed likely, but leaving notes on desks in the showers?

      On the desk sat a small terrarium, it had some sort of caterpillar inside, but Janet ignored it, instead focusing on the note. Picking up the note she read it aloud.

      "Please bring this terrarium to Casper, the big Biology teacher. What the hell!" Janet yelled aloud at the note. Obviously one of the biology's teacher casual pranks he did for students. He was known for them, still he would have to have had one of her friends help.

      "This is stupid I should just take my shower." Grabbing the desk, she moved it far enough away so it would not get wet. Grabbing a bottle of soup she started to head for the shower again when she saw another note on the floor.

      The note read:

      Hold this penny while carrying the Terrarium for a lucky trip. "What the hell is that supposed to mean! I just want to take my shower!" Yelled Janet angrily. Penny still in hand she was about to turn on the faucet as she spoke her last words. "A Lucky..."

      "Trip. Yeah right." is what would have followed her sentence, but instead the shampoo bottle fell to the floor. Hitting the floor, the penny rolled underneath the desk in the far end of the shower stall.

***

      Susan and Cassie, were also covered heavily in sweat. They had to keep up and delay Janet in order for them to lay the trap. Joel had managed to sneak out of study hall in order to lay the trap for them. Still it now meant they were filthy. Since they were the last ones playing Volleyball, they also had been the ones to put the equipment away. Janet would not help them, still, it was all part of their plan. Now walking down to the changing rooms, they hoped find their caged victim.

      "I tell you Cassie, I say it only had a 10% chance of succeeding!" Susan stated.

      "Nah, she's a dumb slut, bet she even started off to the biology class after reading the note, fully nude too, before becoming a caterpillar." Cassie replied.

      "Well I guess we'll see, worst comes to worst we will need to get back the penny. I'm also dying for a shower!"

      Opening the door to the changing Room, Cassie and Susan made their way over to the shower stalls.

      All was quiet, no sign of Janet anywhere, accept for her clothes.

      "See I told you Susan, a stupid naked slut. Bet the terrarium is halfway to the biology class already."

      "I think we should change her back Cassie." Susan said as they walked into the shower stall.

      "Why I like her perfectly fine like this!" She held up the terrarium with the caterpillar inside. "She can become a beautiful butterfly!"

      "As pretty as that sound's Cassie, I think we have scared her enough." Susan said as she grabbed the small caged bug.

      "Ah okay your right, Susan. Damn we really need to shower first though." Cassie said as she smelled under her arm.

      "Let's put her over by her clothes Cassie, might as well make her feel less naked."

      Setting the cage by Janet's clothes, the two girls started stripping their own off. In short order the two farm girls were ready to hit the shower. Positioning themselves between two accompanying showers at the stall their conversation continued.

      "Still your plan was really cool Susan!" Said Cassie as she turned on the faucet.

      "I was inspired by your story of how you became an ant, in your colony before." Said Susan as she bent over and picked up a shampoo bottle off the floor.

      "That old story, I was really lucky I got back to the penny you know. I could have died an Ant!" Cassie held out her hand. "Mind passing the shampoo Susan?"

      "Sure but there's hardly any left." Susan tossed the shampoo.

      "Careful, there isn't much left!" "Jeez!" Cassie stated as she squirted every last drop from the bottle before running it through her hair.

      "Still its interesting that you can become one with a living thing through a container." "Without that my plan would never have worked Cassie!" Cassie stepped back into the shower after thoroughly rubbing the shampoo into her own hair. "Smells nice."

      "Hmmm" Cassie looked at the empty bottle still in her hands. "I think this was Janet's shampoo, not the schools."

      "Think the caterpillar will forgive us?" The two of them laughed.

      Cassie took the last remains of the shampoo in her hands and scrubbed it into her hairy snatch. "Now my pussy will smell like Janet's!" The two farm girls giggled again at the internal joke.

      "Same goes for me. I lathered that good smelling shampoo all over my body Cassie." "Maybe some guy will mistake me for Janet."

      "You look nothing like a Caterpillar Susan." They laughed again.

      Finishing up, they stepped out of the shower. Cassie shot the shampoo bottle, right into the waste basket. "Score!" She yelled.

      Getting dressed, the two girls grabbed the penny off the floor beneath the desk.

      "Guess it's time we ended our fun. You sure you want to do this Susan?" "I think your butterfly collage is missing a Janet Butterfly."

      "Yeah, as much as I hate to miss out on such a nice specimen, I think we need to return her to normal Cassie."

      "Fine Susan, let's get this over with." Said Cassie, as she lowered the Penny towards the small caterpillar.

To be Continued.

End Notes:

So I hoped you liked the second chapter. I have an ending mostly planned, as this story was originally supposed to be done fully for Halloween. But if you guys have some sensible, easy to add idea's, I'm all ears. No guarantee's though that your idea's will be added, especially if they don't fit my plans.

As always I congratulate you if you read this far, and I hope you can do me the honor of pointing out any mistakes you saw, or provide me with positive criticism or feedback. Knowing people enjoy my stories can't help but make me want to write more.

 Thank you,

EricAFreak

Chapter 3 Biology Class by EricAFreak
Author's Notes:

Today I bring another Installment to this story. This chapter was rough, as I had to decide on multiple scenario's. Hopefully I chose the one which will satisfy everyone the most. Enjoy it!

Also I think their might have been an error with the last chapter upload, so I re-uploaded it. I think some of it had been cut off before, without me noticing. So some might want to re-read chapter 2.

      Cassie repeatedly poked and prodded the caterpillar with the penny.

      "Nothing's happening Cassie."

      "She should have come back!" Cassie continued to poke the small insect.

      Susan looked around the locker room. "Is it possible, she's another insect or animal?" Susan asked the distracted Cassie. "Cassie?"

      "Huh, yeah maybe Susan." She stopped poking the small caterpillar. "If she did though, I have no idea where to start looking for her, she could already have been washed down the drain as a bug beneath our feet."

       "That's terrible." Susan stated as she brushed her Lavender Vanilla scented hair.

      "Terrible She was a slutty bitch Susan, she should have become one of your butterflies in your collection!" Cassie Huffed.

      "She was still human Cassie, she just needed a good scare to set her right."

      "Help me look for her Cassie."

      "Only because it's for you Susan, I really do hope she went down the drain though."

      Cassie joined the search reluctantly. Her freindship with Susan trumped any feelings she had about some rich bitch anyways.

      "Thank you Cassie." Susan said, for all it was worth. She knew fair well Cassie was already settled on the matter.

      After a few minutes of searching, no traces of bugs besides some small spiders were found. None of them reacted to the penny, much to Cassie's delight.

      "Well we tried Susan. She's bird food now. Wherever she is." Cassie grabbed Janet's clothes and tossed them into an empty nearby locker. "Won't be needing these anymore."

      Susan looked pale, but still managed to follow Cassie out of the shower room. Cassie was holding the terrarium in her hand as she comforted her friend. They were already late to Casper's Biology Class. Slipping the Penny into her shorts back pocket with her other hand, she opened the door to the girls locker room.

***

      Unknown to them, Janet was still very much alive, well mostly. It's not like you'd normally call, "that," alive.

      Janet had endured a very harsh existence for the last fifteen minutes. It had all started when she had become trapped inside a bottle. That was short lived though, as her very life and body were slowly drained from her. In the course of minutes her body was used to remove the dirt, grim, and sweat from the two farm girls who had come into the stalls she had planned to use herself.

      Even now she felt extremely old weak, barely able to stay conscious, whatever that meant now. She was now literally a dab of Lavender Vanilla scented shampoo on the shower stall floor. The two female farm witches had hexed her she thought. Also they had ignored her cries. And crying is what she would be doing now if she had tear ducts still. Instead she screamed and wailed silently.

***

      Bethany had forgotten to take a shower this morning. Not that it mattered, she was a senior now. Seniors had privileges  after all. She had skipped her study hall in order to sleep in. She was not the type of girl to go around smelling bad either though, so she decided to make use of the schools facilities today.

      Beth was by no means that pretty, but she had decorated herself quite darkly, so her classmates had labeled her the ugly Goth chick. Still underneath she was quite slender and desirable. Dropping her large overcoat and chain belt, her long black pants fell down to her ragged sneakers. The affair of undressing did not take long, besides a few small oddities in her attire.

      Grabbing a towel and soap from the school supply closet, Beth made her way into the shower stalls. Taking a step underneath a shower head, she nearly lost her footing. Putting her hand against the wall, she lifted her foot.

      "Smells like Vanilla." Oh well Beth thought as she turned on the shower faucet, rinsing off her foot in the process. The lasts swirls of the vanilla shampoo drifted down alongside her sweat down the drain. "Feels Good!" Beth Quivered as the last remnants of the shampoo disappeared down the drain.

***

      Susan and Cassie ran into the classroom just as the bell had wrung for second period to start.

      "Your late!" The chubby man stated to the two girls and one boy.

      "Casper, I'll vouch for these two girls!"

      "Quiet down Jason, let the girls explain themselves, after you explain yourself."

      Jason was silent, before realizing he was supposed to speak. "Um, I was with these two girls." He pointed at Cassie and Susan.

      "That's a L..i...e..." Started Susan as she was interrupted.

      "Yes we were Casper!" Cassie spoke. "Jason made us late cause he claimed he had something cool to show us."

      Susan gawked at her friend.

      "Is this true Jason, you made these girls late?" Casper asked the young male student.

      Jason thought about this for a minute, he wasn't sure how things had ended up this way. Cassie was seemingly sharp today, perhaps she had seen him smoking outside earlier. "Yes I did."

      "Okay Jason, since you were honest, you can stay for the class. But I expect you to keep the cool things in my class. Otherwise you know the way to the office."

      The three students took their seats for the lecture.

      "Why did you do that?" Whispered Susan.

      "Alibi, and Jason's so easy to manipulate as well, all him and his druggy friends." Cassie whispered back.

      "Oh."

      The class continued on rather normally until Casper pulled out a box.

      There was a lot of hushing voices of bewilderment from the class, until a large croak emitted from the box.

      "Today I have a surprise for you my students, today we will be dissecting frogs." Casper said giddily. "Of course for the squeamish students a software dissection is also available." This time he seemed rather unimpressed or enthusiastic by the large number of students making their way to the laptop cart. "You will find I already placed shoeboxes on your desks, everything need for the dissection is already in them."

      Cassie looked into the shoebox. "This seems easy enough." The two farm girls giggled as they made their way toward the box on Casper's desk.

      Jason also seemed to be in a rush, his plans were of the perverted nature though. He had brought out his hands causally planning to accidently bump them into the two girls by Casper's Box. Instead what happened was quite hilarious if Jason had not been the one who caused it.

      Cassie and Susan had just gotten to the box of frogs as Jason came up behind them. Cassie was first to act, knowing full well what kind of person Jason was. Susan a bit slower, noticed Cassie's movement and had done the same.

      What resulted was the young man's plunge knocking over the box of frogs into the chaotic classroom. Jasper was the first to react. "Don't harm the specimens! Make sure you grab them carefully!"

      What ensued in the panic, was quite hilarious as half the students jumped to the floor to grab the frogs, and the others, ducked out of the rooms with their student laptops.

      Jason, Cassie, and Susan were among some who jumped below desks to grab the frogs. Well for Jason, it would be more accurate to say, his mind was still in the gutter as he started at the two rear ends of the girls who he blamed for this mess.. Why did they have to dodge me. He thought.

***

      It seemed at that moment, unbeknownst to everyone involved a third party was at work. In the form of a copper coin, it was on the verge of falling out of a hole in Cassie's back pocket.

      Being so chaotic, Jason had not been noticed by anyone as he went to grab Cassie's butt. It was plenty chaotic enough around for no one to notice or see him. Still he needed an Alibi just in case, and that was what the frog in his left hand was for.  He could simply claim he was grabbing the frog, it wasn't as if he was intentionally going for her ass or anything. So with frog in hand, he went for it.

      Sending out his right hand whilst chanting the word Lucky, Jason pressed his hand up against her nice round soft rump.

***

      Cassie felt something press up against her butt as she was kneeling on the floor grabbing a frog under a desk. Dropping the frog from her hand, she blushed as she turned around to face whatever had touched her ass. Instead of a person, she was greeted with a small frog.

      "Stupid Frog." She said, as she grasped it in her hand. "Your mine now, perverted little frog!"

      Standing up she put the frog into the shoebox on her desk. Her specimen now secured, Cassie went back to the task of helping catch the other remaining frogs. That's when she saw a penny on the floor. Instinctively she felt her back pocket, quickly finding a hole. "Close call." She said, as she slipped the Penny into her shirts breast pocket.

      "Almost lost you there." She said, as she patted her breast pocket.

      As the frogs were gathered up, the students in the halls slowly returned, and sat down in empty seats. It would not have been uncommon for someone to go missing in that chaotic situation, but Jasper would simply do a roll call at the end of class anyways.

To be Continued.

End Notes:

What will Happen to Jason? Will Susan re-evaluate her friendship with Cassie? What happened to Jason? Will Casper ever get a class that isn't squeamish?

Find out next time, maybe, no guarantee's after all. This is an ongoing fictional story, with an end still not in sight! See you, out there!

As always I congratulate you if you read this far, and I hope you can do me the honor of pointing out any mistakes you saw, or provide me with positive criticism or feedback. Knowing people enjoy my stories can't help but make me want to write more.

 Thank you,

EricAFreak

Chapter 4 Dissection by EricAFreak
Author's Notes:

Hello readers, today I bring you another chapter. Susan and Cassie yet again take the lead in today's events. What will be the fate of these characters.

      Cassie opened her box. Immediately the green frog inside made a hop towards freedom. Cassie was ready for this. Shooting out her hand she grabbed the small slimy wet frog.

      "Where do you think you're going froggy?" Cassie sneered as she griped the frog in a vice.

      Holding the frog over the dissection pan, Cassie attempted to use the pithing procedure. Casper had gone over it as they had taken notes. So while the rest of the student with frogs, including Susan waited for instruction, Cassie did not.

      So while Casper was still helping setup the students with laptops, Cassie had begun.

      She took the frog's head and placed it into her palm. Its body was between her thumb and forefinger. The frogs pulsating heart could be felt through her hand. Taking a sharp pin, Cassie opened the frogs mouth. The purpose of Pithing was to severe the spinal cord, and then destroy the frogs brain. This would render the frog, brain dead, that way it would feel no pain. Working on her own farm, she was completely comfortable with the procedure. She had even butchered and eaten her families pigs and chickens, this was no different.

      The frog was against the insertion of the needle into its body. It's legs thrusting, as if against imaginary water in fear. It also arched its back in protest, but clearly Cassie was larger and smarter then it. The needle found its way into the foramen magnum cavity where Cassie, with a vicious thrust and twist, eradicated the frogs spinal cord and brain.

      Flipping the limp frog belly up, she stuck the four pins into its appendages. This would prevent movement during the procedure.  Each pin stuck into a leg holding it down against the wood board in the pan. Cassie was no slouch, she planned to become a vet. So the next process of removing the belly skin was going smoothly.

      "Cassie, you were supposed to wait." Said Susan as she watched her friend gouge at the frog.

      "I know what I'm doing." Cassie said as she started on the frogs abdomen.

      "But we don't even know the assignment Cassie!" Susan raised her voice. With that, Casper caught wind.

      "Susan, it was all clearly in the notes if you paid enough attention."

      Casper walked over to the two girls. "What's all this now?" He asked.

      Cassie went over the details of what she had done, as Casper smiled. "Very good Cassie, you're doing fine. I saw you pithing him earlier as well, very good. Just go grab a lab report sheet. I'm sure filling out the required information for the dissection should be easy for you."

      "Yes Casper." Cassie replied brightly.

      "You will make a very good Vet Cassie, if you keep this up." Casper said as he went to go help another student start the virtual frog dissection on another laptop. "Next time wait for instructions though, okay?"

      "Understood." Cassie replied to Casper.

      "See." Cassie replied as she diverted her gaze back to Susan.

      Without waiting for Susan's reply, she got up and headed towards the front of the room to get her lab report sheet.

      Susan had been rather distracted since this morning, the irregular cruelty of her friend was still hitting home, even the way she butchered the frog. Still she understood that Cassie was pursuing a career as a vet, and she shouldn't take this class in the wrong way. I can do it too, she thought.

***

      Jason was in pitch darkness. A minute earlier he had suffered a horrible dream. Even now he couldn't accept what his dream had been. He wasn't even sure it was a dream. Giant classmates had shoved him inside a large box. Or at least that's where he thought he was. It was so dark and cold, he wasn't even sure anymore. His skin felt clammy and even his body felt completely strange.

      When his heart was finally starting to slow down from his panic earlier, Jason met with a bright light. His heart rate quickened yet again as his classmates Susan's face lit up his entire world.

***

      Susan had not had a clear head when she had been taking notes, in fact, Casper had prepared a demonstration for the students on double Pithing. The lesson plan had entailed teaching the student how to do pithing, and also to draw and map out the various organs inside, including the still beating heart. Of course it was supposed to be done under supervision, Casper accepted Cassie's talent and hadn't disciplined her. Susan had watched Cassie do it though, and she was not going to let her friend get ahead.

      Opening the box, Susan looked down at the frog. Unlike Cassie's frog, it looked stunned and had made no attempt at fleeing the box. Sending down her hand, she squeezed the slimy frog in her hand. With little care, Susan pulled out the same instrument she had seen her best friend use. Stabbing the frog with the needle, she obliterated it's spinal cord paralyzing the small creature. Pulling out the needle in a hurry as she saw her friend returning, she had failed to realize she had left the brain of the frog undamaged.

      Cassie held two papers in her hand as she approached her best friend. Susan was already pinning her own frog, just as she had done.

      "Wow Susan, your almost getting ahead of me. I thought you said you were going to wait?" Said Cassie as she retook her seat.

      "Well I wanted to catch up, and I did everything like you did. Following the notes like you said was easy."

      "Well let's take it slowly together. If I say I helped you, Casper won't have a problem with that."

      "Sure Cassie."

      Working together, they both started the dissection. Susan was a bit more clumsy at times, often claiming she felt the frog move. But eventually they both had finished their drawings. Beating hearts in their tweezers, Susan and Cassie both smiled as they called over Casper to check their work. They had taken extra time the other classmates had not had since they started earlier. Using this extra time the two smiling girls were able to better map out the organs more carefully. By the end of it, Cassie had even shown Susan how to remove some of the Organs for better examination. Susan wasn't very good at it, but Cassie didn't particularly care that much about the brain dead frog anyways.

      With both Frogs heart still beating, to Casper's satisfaction, the girls along with the rest of the class which had done good proper dissections. With class time running out, Casper instructed the class to put their frogs down the sink disposal. Right after that, Casper noted the absence of one of his students before the bell rang.

      "That was fun!" Said Cassie Excitedly.

      "Yeah." Responded Susan, now in higher spirits. But that mood was quickly ruined by Cassie's next demeaning comment.

      "I wonder if Janet had been in one of the stomachs of those frogs we dissected?" Cassie laughed.

      Susan didn't respond to her friend.

      "Or better yet, what if we turned Janet's bitch gang into frogs, like yours."

      "That's far to gruesome Cassie, even for a Joke! Besides Casper said the frogs wouldn't feel any pain." Susan exclaimed.

      "Well that's mostly true Susan, at least my frog felt no pain."

      "What do you mean by that Cassie!?"

      "Well, you botched your pithing Susan. The way it kept twitching like that as you cut it, as if it was desperately trying to get off the dissection board. It was so hard during all of it. I wanted to laugh so badly." She chuckled. "I didn't want us to get in trouble after all. Casper is sure to give you an A on the lab report." Cassie said as she reached her locker.

      "That's horrible Cassie! Why didn't you tell me it was still alive?"

      "It was funny, and it was just a frog, not a horse or cow, or Janet for that matter." She paused for a moment. "Well if it was Janet, I might have burst out laughing, no matter how hard I tried to hold it in."

      "It was Funny!?"

      "Of course it was, and my frog was alive too, it just didn't have a brain. But what's the difference anyways?"

      "There's a huge difference Cassie!" Susan yelled, just as their friend Joel arrived.

      "Hello Joe." Said Cassie, to her other friend, hoping to disrupt the negative atmosphere between her and Susan.

      "Hey Cassie, how'd it go this morning?" Joel asked in wonderment. Her day today had begun with the setup for trapping Janet as a bug. It actually didn't irk her that much, she wasn't even sure if what they said would really happen. As far as she was concerned, she was just playing along with her friends games.

      "Don't interrupt Joel, me and Cassie aren't finished!" Susan grabbed Cassie's arm as she tried to position herself behind Joel.

      "Look I'm sorry about not telling you Susan, but your being very rude to Joe." Cassie put up her hands to fruitlessly block her friends banter. More likely it was just a natural hand gesture.

      "Don't try to change the subject!" Susan shouted. Clearly she was starting to become irate. The way Cassie kept dodging her was enough to infuriate anyone trying to have a discussion.

      "What's wrong with you guys?" Joel asked, still curious of this morning's escapades. Clearly she also saw the argument unfolding around her though.

      "Nothing's wrong Joe, Susan and I are just having a bit of an argument."

      "Ah huh." Joel nodded in acknowledgment.

      "What argument, I just want to know why you think torturing a small frog is funny?"

      "Susan it was just a frog, get over it, it's not as if it was important."

      The two girls were both looking ready to tackle one another, slowly back off, more so in the case of Susan. Maybe Cassie was just preparing to be jumped, it was hard to tell with the lack of information Joel had at this moment.

      "I think I get what's going on." Joel spoke. "Cassie, just tell Susan your sorry, and that she was right."

      "Joe if you think for a second I will apologize over some stupid frog..." She looked over at Susan. Joel was right she realized, Susan just wouldn't see proper logic. "Your right Susan, I was wrong, I'm sorry."

      "Isn't that fine Susan?" Joel said as she pushed the two girls back together.

      "I'll accept it because of Joe. We'll talk later Cassie." Susan said as she was a few inches from Cassie's face.

      "So how did it go you guys? Is Janet sitting in that terrarium in your hand?" Joel asked inquisitively.

      "Funny story Joe, Cassie and me were planning to pin up the bitch in Susan's butterfly collection. Then she disappeared and left her clothes and stuff in the gym. We think she crawled out of there as a different bug. Bet a bird got her by now."

      "We don't know that for sure Cassie. She could still be around somewhere, we should look for her." Stated Susan.

      "No way Susan, it's a waste of time." Cassie said as she swiped her hand through her vanilla smelling hair. "Bugs are meant to be eaten and squished." Cassie grinded her foot back and forth on the ground.

      Joel laughed at this fantasy of theirs. "So you guys coming to lunch?"

      Both the girls nodded as they headed towards the cafeteria. Nothing was truly settled, but they were all hungry.

To be Continued.

End Notes:

So today we got a biology lesson. Hopefully Joel our new character, will help settle the two friends dispute. What will happen next. Find out in the next chapter.

As always I congratulate you if you read this far, and I hope you can do me the honor of pointing out any mistakes you saw, or provide me with positive criticism or feedback. Knowing people enjoy my stories can't help but make me want to write more.

 Thank you,

EricAFreak

 

Chapter 5 Lunch Crush by EricAFreak
Author's Notes:

I wanted to get this chapter done yesterday, but alas, I just had trouble finishing it on time. I try to get at least a chapter of one of my stories out a week. Anyways I hope you like this chapter. Today Joel get's a major role in the magic trick. Best Performance!

 

      Joel sat down across the launch table from Cassie and Susan. Her meal consisted of ordinary high school food, served on the typical tray. A carton of milk, some pea's, a lump of some form of meat, and a fruit cup. Cassie's and Susan's lunches reflected their upbringing more, as they both had brought bagged lunches from home. All in all, the lunches were on the light side, as like with most girls, they carefully watched their calorie intake.

      "So?" Joel said. She was clearly trying really hard to start a conversation. The atmosphere had gone downhill ever since they had headed to lunch. Joel could tell that Susan still wasn't done arguing with Cassie, and Cassie wasn't going to give into Susan either.

      "Hmmph." The two girls replied, leaving Joel feeling awkward yet again.

      The terrarium was sitting on the lunch table as well, Joel felt it was so awkward that such silly nonsense could keep such good friends at odds. "So the caterpillar in there is normal, feels like a waste of all my hard work you know." Joel said as she tapped the see through plastic box with her finger.

      Susan was about to have a word with Joel but was too slow. "I bet we could find someone to put in there." Cassie smiled wickedly.

      "Well I've never really seen it done, how does the trick work?" Joel asked.

      "It's not a trick!" Susan stated.

      "Susan enough, Joe just wants to help us acquire a few more bugs." Cassie said as she bit into her sandwich.

      "Don't talk with your mouthful Cassie. Susan all magic is smoke and mirrors, surely Cassie has shown you how the trick works, or perhaps it's all just a game with you guys..."

      Susan wanted to yell at Joel right then and there, but it wasn't her fault for not believing them. She had herself, used the so called trick to become a sow before. So it had been when she was ten, so what, she still remembered it quite vividly. The penny was really real, and it did do real magic. Joel of course wouldn't believe this, no matter what she said. Even she had not believed it as a child, it was her friends Cassie's demonstration with the sow which proved it to her. "It's not a game it's real Joel."

      "It is Joe, Susan and I even used it as kids. Did you want to try it?"

      "Cassie! That's too dangerous!"

      "I agree with Susan, Cassie. Besides if I knew how the trick worked, it would be a lot less fun to watch. So can you think of a good victim Cassie?" Joel asked.

      "I don't know, there are a lot of bugs around here to chose from." Cassie looked out over the lunch room, eyeing a few people in particular.

      While it was a lunch room, the description of dining hall would sound much more appropriate, if not for the low ceilings. Still the place was not very packed at this time, and due to its campus like style, it was open nearly all afternoon for lunch. Still there was a modest amount of people dinning, most were around several tables away, but the room still had an air of openness to it.

      "After what happened to Janet Cassie! Are you mad, we should stop using that thing!" Susan was speaking from the heart, any intention she had to use the penny before, had been silenced by the very cold nature of it's curse.

      "I wanna see!" Joel said excitedly.

      "I think you being overruled Susan." Cassie said as she started glancing at possible targets.

      "I can't believe this!" Susan got up and stormed out of the lunch room.

      "Does she really hate the magic trick that much? Why don't you just show her how to do it already Cassie, then she can stop being jealous." Joel said as she tapped the clear plastic terrarium.

      "So Joe, ready to see the trick?"

      "Yeah let me just finish up with this lunch, I think I thought of a good target." Joel stood up and proceeded to return her dinning tray to be washed.

***

      There had been little time for preparation, the target was also sort of hard to trap. He played center of the High Schools football team, and was quite popular. He was not the best player on the team at all, but as a big guy, he was well respected and liked. Still there was one matter that came to mind, his rejection of Joel only two weeks prior. She had spent months preparing her confession only to be shot down. It had devastated Joel for quite a while, maybe it still did.

      Brent of course had let her down gently, he had no interest in Joel. In truth his reason's for rejecting Joel were sound, he had feelings for another girl. Of course it was pure bad luck that Joel had been his crush's friend. Susan was very much out of his reach, it was all he could do to catch a glimpse of her now and then.

      Of course, the only one amongst the three girl group who was aware of the love triangle had remained silent. Cassie was not a very big fan of football or Brent. She was determined to keep people away from her friend Susan at any cost. Susan had always been hers.

      "So how does the plan go again?" Joel whispered to Cassie.

      "Well first I will bring the terrarium over to Brent and tell him that Susan forgot it."

      "Why would he care?" Joel asked intuitively.

      "I think he likes helping girls." She lied. There was no need for Joel to know of this bug's fixation on Susan.

      "Oh... But will that really work?"

      "Trust me Joe. Anyways from their you will bump into him. Brent's a gentlemen, so he will help you up."

      "Why would that jerk help me up, he already rejected me!"

      Joel had a point, but Cassie could not explain the fine details for why he would. It was obvious he would help the friend of his crush, least end up looking like a bad guy to her. "This will work, Brent is chivalrous with the girls."

      "So, assuming it goes as you say Cassie, how will you get him to hold the penny, let alone say the magic word. I still think this magic trick is absurd, couldn't you do it another way?" Joel had been contemplating how the trick worked, but it seemed like Cassie was not going to reveal the true nature of the trick for her either.

      "Easy Joe. When he helps you up you simply ask for the name of Susan's Caterpillar. Your hand will contain the Penny as he helps you up. After that all you have to do is bring back the terrarium to me."

      "Where will Brent go?" Asked Joel.

      "It wouldn't be a good magic trick if I revealed its secrets to you Joe. Now come on lets go before he leaves the lunch room."

      Heading over to the nearly empty table, Cassie was right on time. Brent had just been getting up to leave.

      He looked puzzled, from what Joel could see from a distance. But it seemed Cassie had achieved the first conditions of her magic trick successfully, whatever other details still need doing was unknown. Still she had a job to do, this trick still had a final act. Joel casually followed Brent as he made his way to the hallway.

      Waiting to get Brent alone, Joel ran into the back of Brent. Being of a solid football player build, it wasn't even an instant till Joel had landed on her behind. With Penny in hand, she outstretched her hand to the dumbfounded man carrying the terrarium.

      Very Good Joe. Thought Cassie. She was standing behind some lockers, watching on as the two started their conversation. And just like magic, the Terrarium hit the floor. "Perfect." Cassie whispered.

      Joel was stunned, one second Brent had been holding her hand, the next he was gone. Looking around she saw Cassie emerging from the shadows of the hallway. Still it had felt so good to hold Brent's hand, a rush of feelings slightly returned to her. "How did you do that Cassie?"

***

      Brent had been on an errand of love, and then he was helping his crush's friend to her feet, now he was? He wasn't sure, everything around him look distorted. He was sitting, no standing, well needless to say he could tell he was physically on top of something green. Then he looked up.

***

      Giddily, Cassie grabbed up the cage, staring in at the caterpillar. It was sitting on a leaf, seemingly content.

      "Hello Cassie? How did you do that?" Joel said blankly.

      "Joe, I keep telling you that you don't reveal how magic works."

      "But where is Brent?" Joel asked as she looked all around the hallway bewildered.

      "Don't worry Joe, Brent is fine, and nearby. Anyways we still have something we need to do. Otherwise  the trick won't be complete." She stared down at the bug yet again. "Alright buggy, time for you to go meet Susan." Cassie whispered into the cage.

      "Okay, what's left to do then?" Joel asked.

      "First we find Susan, then we surprise her." Cassie held up the terrarium.

      It didn't take long for the two girls to find Susan. She had left lunch shortly before them, but she was going to the same class as them anyways. Still she was not in the classroom yet. Though it would have been strange if she had been, as the previous class had yet to be let out. Professor Hilton was the kind of teacher who tended to not let the students leave before the bell, even if the lesson plan was over. Still that left Susan a sitting duck for their trick. The terrarium had already been deposited in a trash can. The bug was freely crawling on Joel's hand.

      Cassie had explained it fairly well to Joel. She was to sneak up behind Susan and drop the Caterpillar on her head. After darting away, she was to wait till the Caterpillar had been crushed. Cassie assured her, that Susan wouldn't hesitate to do so. It was part of the trick obviously. The final step was to hold the magic penny in your right hand, while holding a bag of M&M's in your left. Whispering the magic phrase, Lucky Reverse, would cause Brent to appear in front of Susan, and surprise her.

***

      Susan was waiting for class to start, she hoped the she could get inside before Cassie and Joel arrived. Last thing she wanted was a second performance of the magic penny. The thing was cursed, she needed to convince Cassie to get rid of it! Cassie had even told her it was cursed in the first place, why hadn't she listened?

***

      Watching the stealthy prowler Joel, Cassie couldn't help but smile. She couldn't help but to think she was so clever. Getting rid of that bug was great, but being able to get rid of Joel as well, that was excellent. She had always feared Joe would never fall for this trap. She always feared Joe would be the wall between her and Susan, but now she could see how she was wrong. She couldn't help but giggle aloud as she thought of that wall crumbling down. With Joel out of the picture, Susan could only look her way.

      Joel had been getting in between their friendship for years. Now that was over. The best part, Susan would never expect a thing, even when she tore down that wall herself! She had never told Susan the Penny worked on inanimate objects. She planned never to reveal that truth, not to anyone. Watching the bug fall onto Susan's head, Cassie couldn't help but roll her fingers through her hair. Smelling her vanilla scented hands, she only wore a twisted smile.

      Creeping into her vanilla scented hair, the small bug had arrived. Susan failed to notice at first, but like any bug hater, she noticed that crawling sensation shortly. It was far too common in her living environment growing up to be bitten by spiders. Often times Susan had even been bitten in her sleep. To say the least, if it crawled on her, it would get her natural reflex. So with a brush of the hand, the caterpillar landed on the floor.

***

      Brent was in free fall, but somehow he was not scared. No perhaps he was already so paralyzed by fear, he had given up being scared. Of course the one thing he did recognize as he fell was the face of an angel. The angel did smell of Vanilla and she was literally a giant in the form of the girl he liked. He wasn't sure what kind of place this world was, but he thought maybe he was in heaven or hell.

      Surviving the fall with almost no injuries, Brent surmised he must be in heaven. That was when a shadow cast over him. The angels sneaker loomed over his head. His lasts thoughts were spent on deciding whether he was in heaven or hell.

***

      The foot slammed down on the poor bug, pulverizing it into a fine paste. Cassie's face couldn't help but smile, but her face erupted into an even more wicked smile as a bag of M&M's hit the floor between her and Susan. Picking them up, she walked over to Susan.

      "Cassie!" Susan yelled. Cassie had started to walk over from the other hallway.

      "What?" Said Cassie feigning ignorance.

      "You know what, what did you do?" Susan demanded.

      "You saw me come over here didn't you, I couldn't have done anything!"

      "Then you threw something into my hair! You did something Cassie, your shining brightly with that smile on your face!"

      "You know I could not throw a bug that far Susan, I was over thirty feet away."

      "Suspicious! Then why are you smiling like that!?"

      "I thought maybe the bug was Janet trying to get help from you." Cassie slumped her shoulders as she relaxed. The conversation was going as she predicted.

      "Enough with that Cassie! You and I are going to have a discussion about this, but first give me that damn Penny!" Susan held out her hand.

      "Of course Susan, just make sure you keep it safe." Cassie placed the coin into her hand. The real magic Penny still remained in her pocket. It was too dangerous for Susan to have it after all, what if she set Joel free?

      Susan stuffed it into her pocket. "So where is Joel?"

      "She said she had some stuff to do. But she left you this Susan." Cassie held out a bag of M&M's.

      "That was nice of her, hopefully she gets to class on time." Susan said as she ripped open the M&M's bag.

      "I'm sure she'll make it in time." Cassie hid her smile.

To be Continued.

End Notes:

Joel's magic show was short lived, but maybe in her next performance she will melt in your mouth and not in your hands. This chapter flowed out of me very quickly, so it was very pleasant to write. Hopefully my editing was all there, and the touch ups paid off.

Next week there will probably not be an update since I want to focus a little on my other works as well.

As always I congratulate you if you read this far, and I hope you can do me the honor of pointing out any mistakes you saw, or provide me with positive criticism or feedback. Knowing people enjoy my stories can't help but make me want to write more.

 Thank you,

EricAFreak

Chapter 6 Schools Out by EricAFreak
Author's Notes:

Sorry for the long delay. I hope you like this chapter, I'll try and write more when I get some more time, I've been very busy in my life recently. Sorry it's so short, I wish I had more time to write.

      The school day had come to an end. The rests of the days classes had gone by fairly quickly. Susan had continued to slowly munch on the M&M's all day. Meanwhile an unwilling passenger had come along for the ride. Where her fate would end, was anyone guess.

       All of the high school kids fled the school in a rush as the sound of the final bell did ring. Cassie and Susan were among them. Cruising through and between the other kids in the hall as if in a mash pit, the kids rushed out of the school through the main entrance. In all, there was about fifty or so kids heading in the same direction as Cassie and Susan. There was a lot of busses in the parking lot as well. The bus they were heading for would be the one heading for the poorer rural suburbs.

      Of course the rich kids their age would be driving home in their own cars, well, except for Janet. Her car would raise suspicions on a later date. Right now though, the busses were Cassie's and Susan's ride home. So the cars peeling out of the tarmac outside were merely a distraction at best.

      So while Susan and Cassie and a bunch of other fellow poor children herded onto the bus, Susan couldn't help but wonder if Joel too was getting on her bus. She had not been to class, and Susan thought it odd, since Joel was not the type of girl to skip class. The tension of the ride home made her quickly forget about her friend Joel however.

      Susan kept noticing Cassie glance at her. She wished she would stop, after all she was still furious with her. Susan was also wandering where Joel had run off too. She hated to suspect her friend, but Cassie was beginning to showcase a darkness she had never seen before. As she pondered and suspected her friend she couldn't help but fiddle with the penny in her pocket.

      Cassie wasn't even aware that her glances were intimidating her best friend. She was keenly focused on the bag of M&M's in Susan's other hand. At best only a few pieces remained, but while they remained in that bag, there was a potential for Joel still becoming a nuisance.

      "Stop staring at me Cassie! It's seriously creeping me out!"

      "I'm sorry Susan."

      "What are you staring at me for anyways, you know I don't want to talk to you today."

      Put on the spot Cassie was unsure how to answer her friend. "I was just wandering when you were going to finish you M&M's."

      "Take them!" Susan yelled as she threw the opened bag at her friend.

      Caught unprepared, Cassie failed to catch the bag correctly. The few remaining contents of the bag spread onto the floor where some young boys were sitting.

      Cassie stood up only to be chastised for doing so by the bus driver.

      "Sit back down!" He yelled as he let off the air brakes.

      When she sat back down she watched as the boys grabbed up the chocolates. "What a waste." She thought as she confirmed the bag in her hand was empty. It was safe to assume now Joel would never get between her and Susan now. Of course she would much rather of had Susan finish her off, as she had with so many others. Then again, there was a high probability chance Susan had already done so earlier today.

      As the bus drove on, the two friends were awkwardly silent.

      "I'll see you tomorrow Cassie, we'll talk in the morning."

      Cassie waved off her friend Susan as she exited the bus. As she left she pulled out her Penny. "I've got lots of plans for you soon." She whispered.

      Like Cassie, Susan also lived on a farm. Hers was simply endless fields of corn. Cassie on the other hand mostly dealt with livestock, like cows, pigs, and sheep. Sure Susan's family had chickens, but they were mostly an agricultural family. After brining in her things she headed back outside.

      Behind her house, a small brook, which was actually a irrigation run off ditch, was in front of Susan. She was holding the penny in her hand. She was seriously considering throwing the cursed object into the brook. Cassie would be angry, for quite a while she imagined. She had almost thrown it several times now. Sure the penny could be used for Evil, but Susan was sure her choice in friend had been good. But overlooking what happened to Janet today was unthinkable, this object was dangerous for her friend. She still remembered the first day she had been introduced to the Penny.

      It was also on  that day, her friendship with Cassie had been cemented. That first day Cassie had discovered the Penny, she had gone through some horrible experience. Susan had been there for her to cry on her shoulder.

***

      Cassie also remembered this story, but not quite in the same way as Susan. Susan had brought back her sanity at that time.

      Of course it wasn't truly her first out of body experience. Cassie first real time would have been with her cat Spitz, this story happened when she was eleven, an entire year later.

      The day had been a normal summer day. With no school, she was helping around with the family chores. Still the day was special as she had company that day. Her father's brother, her Uncle Stew, and of course her nine year old cousin  Kimberly.

      They would be arriving before noon, so that left Cassie with little time after her chores to attempt to make herself more presentable to her extended family.

      Of course she intended to show her cousin her prized possession. Today was a really good day, she was going to get to play with Kim, and then play with her friend Susan from school.

      When Uncle Stew's truck pulled up, Cassie couldn't help but be overjoyed. With family now here, she could play instead of doing chores.

      "Hello their young lady!" The older gentlemen spoke to Cassie as he got out of his truck.

      "Hey Uncle Stew!" Cassie couldn't help but blush, she really liked Uncle Stew. He always had brought her presents.

      "This is fer ya." Uncle stew handed her a plastic case with some early silver dollar double struck coins. "Don't go telling yer dad. I heard you've been talking about coins lately, I hope you like them." Cassie smiled at her Uncle, and said thank you.

      In truth she valued the gift, but not nearly as much as the coin within her back pocket.

      Hoping out on the other side of the truck, a small girl hoped out. She rushed around to the other side in a jiffy.

      "You two have fun now. I got to go talk with your father."

      "Cassie!" The smaller girl yelled up to her older cousin.

      "Calm down Kim, were going to have lots of fun today!" Cassie declared to her younger cousin.

To be Continued.

End Notes:

There wasn't a lot to this chapter, but I hoped you all enjoyed it. Look forward to the next chapter which will be all about Cassie's chilling flashback.

As always I congratulate you if you read this far, and I hope you can do me the honor of pointing out any mistakes you saw, or provide me with positive criticism or feedback. Knowing people enjoy my stories can't help but make me want to write more.

 Thank you,

EricAFreak

Chapter 7 Memories by EricAFreak
Author's Notes:

This chapter was re-written a few times and consequently was hard to write. Hopefully I portrayed Cassie's past well. This chapter had to get done because it was holding back the rest of the story, but I had to do it proper justice.

      It was not long before Kim and Cassie made their way to the hayfield. It was a great place to play, and some of the hay had been  collected into large piles already. It was many acres in size. Even some sheep could be seen grazing in it. Like two young girls, they frolicked and played and made pretend. Generally it was a good and memorable time.

      All could not be well however. For inside the house, a heated argument had already begun.

***

      "I can't do it Mike, why can't you just take my advice." Stew threw his hands up in exaggeration.

      "And do what again, sell my farm. The very farm that's been in our family for generations!" Cassie's father shouted.

      "I never said you had to sell all of it, just enough to fiancé upgrading your farm equipment, then you could be profitable again." Stew slumped in his chair.

      "Stew, we both know you turned down the farm from father because you got that high paying tech job, but I'm only asking for a fifty grand loan. That's a small amount for what you make in a year. You're no longer even married! You can afford the expense."

      That was a sore spot for Stew. Ever since the divorce, Stew had gone his separate ways from Linda. He had won the custody battle over Kim, but even now he felt alone. He'd work his job, day in day out, often times wishing he could be with his daughter. To him, money was important, but family even more so.

      "That was a cheap shot Mike, and you know it isn't fair to ask me for a loan, you haven't paid me back for the last one yet."

      Mike knew he had a point, but he couldn't help it. "Does this farm you were raised on me nothing to you! Has city living ruined you Stew!" It was apparent Mike was losing his temper, as his face went red.

      Stew was out the door before Mike realized he had been in the wrong. Still he did not dare go after him, he would have to come to grips he would not be getting his loan. Stew was not a sell out, he loved his family dearly, he had worked to the point to which he'd nearly lost everything he loved. Unknown to the rest of his family, even his daughter, he'd stepped down in his tech department. As it was, he was still well employed, but could never afford such a loan anymore. He just wanted more time with his family.

***

      "You know Kim, it's all good to pretend, but I got some real magic." Cassie said to her younger cousin.

      "Really really! I want to try it!" Kim hoped up and down.

      "It's not a toy Kim, but I'll let you try it, first let me explain how it works."

      The explanation went smoothly, but Cassie was young and was not very adept at explaining the magic behind the penny. Yet after spending some time with Kim, she got the gist.

      "I'm going to go to the pig pen!" Kim started towards one of the barns.

      "Hold on Kim I got to use the bathroom." Cassie said eagerly.

      Kim kept running however.

      Unable to hold her bladder, Cassie ran by her dad on the porch. He was holding his rifle and some rope.

      After relieving herself Cassie started for the pig barn. She heard a faint squealing sound in the distance, but kept going anyways.

      "Cassie!" The small girl wailed. "Your dad took my daddy!"

      "What are you talking about Kim?" Cassie asked alarmed by her smaller cousins state.

      "Daddy tried your magic penny and turned himself into a pig!"

      "Why didn't you turn him back Kim?" Cassie asked.

      "I couldn't remember how, in my fright I went towards the house to get you. It was then I saw your dad taking my father away."

      "This is very serious Kim where's the penny?" She started patting down her smaller cousin.

      "Somewhere on the floor of the pig stall." Cassie grabbed her shoulders.

      "Alright, I'm trusting you to go get it while I stall my dad." She waited for her cousin to nod before dashing towards the barn used for slaughtering the animals.

      "Alright Cassie, I'll go get your lucky penny!" She said as she too dashed towards a barn.

***

      Cassie pulled open the door as her father finished tying the squealing pig to a post.

      "Please stop father."

      "Cassie, what are you doing in here, shouldn't you be playing with Kim." He kept going about his business.

      "Don't hurt the pig dad, just give me some time to explain."

      "Explain what, that my daughter has become a vegetarian all of a sudden? I've explained the food chain before to you, and we do this all properly."

      "That's not it dad please let me explain." She said as she tried pulling the butt of the rifle from his hand.

      "Cassie!" Her father yelled pulling the rifle away. "What have I told you, a gun is dangerous, you shouldn't even be in here."

      Cassie was on the verge of crying. She was unable to speak.

      Cassie's father looked at his daughter and the gun again. The way that she was eyeing it, perhaps she ha grown up more then he thought. "Cassie I think I get what you were trying to say, I think your right."

      "What?" Cassie said as her father handed her the gun.

      "It will be a tough experience, but it will be good for you, I'm glad you're taking the initiative." He pushed his daughter within a foot of the panicking squealing pig.

      "Should be an easy shot at two feet away, just aim for his head to make it nice and quick."

      Cassie tried to back away, but her father stood solid behind her like a solid wall. Wrapping his hands around her small young hands, he helped her hold up the rifle into a firing position.

      "Please stop this father." Cassie started to cry.

      "This will be good for you, now pull the trigger."

***

      Kim ran into the barn panicking. "I got to find the lucky penny!" She said as she started scrapping around in the dirt all around the pig pen. The pig where all around inside the pen going about their daily routine.

      Finally she saw a glint inside the pigs food trough. She started digging through the dry food as she grabbed hold of the gleaming penny. "I found it!" Kim cried out glee, nearly jumping out of her own shoes. "I'm so Lucky!"

      The pigs hardly noticed the small girl's disappearance, they did however notice the dry food raining back down into their troughs.

***

      Cassie came into the pig stall running, neglecting to shut the wooden barn door behind her. The door banged against the wall.

      "Kim where are you!" She cried, tears running down her eyes.

      Cassie looked around, her cousin was nowhere in sight. "This isn't funny Kimmy! Where are you?"

      She stepped around some pigs. They were all gathered up around the trough devouring the last of the dried food inside it. I was there on the ground beneath the pigs feet she spotted a glinting penny.

      "Oh god.." Cassie put her hands to her mouth, nearly ready to vomit. "Kim." She yelled as she started patting down all the pigs with the penny.

***

      Susan had heard the bang of a barn door in the distance. Her father had just dropped her off to play with her friend Cassie. Making her way towards the noise she found her friend Cassie going around the barn hysterically, crying all the while.

      "Cassie!" She went and grabbed her friend in an embrace. She seemed highly unstable, and in a panic.

      "Susan!"

      "Hush Cassie, just cry on my shoulder okay."

***

      Cassie never fully explained to Susan what happened that day. The clues were all their though. Her father had made her, a twelve year old slaughter a pig. Then her uncle whom she liked a lot, and her cousin, vanished without as much as a goodbye. Those were heart crushing events. But Susan never got the full truth, she only made assumptions and allowed Cassie to cry on her shoulder, never asking for a proper explanation.

      Later that day the two girls headed to dinner. Cassie was so upset over the pork roast dinner, she ended up staying over at Susan's instead. Susan could easily understand why. It was awkward for Susan, at some point it seemed like her friend had snapped. She had stopped crying and just gained a wicked smile. Instead of crying into Susan's bosom further, Cassie introduced the Penny's power. Her tears were all gone. And so began Susan's small adventures

To be Continued.

End Notes:

So that ends the memories arc. I did my best to portray Cassie's scars, and hopefully it made her character better. Next chapter will return to the present.

As always I congratulate you if you read this far, and I hope you can do me the honor of pointing out any mistakes you saw, or provide me with positive criticism or feedback. Knowing people enjoy my stories can't help but make me want to write more.

 Thank you,

EricAFreak

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=3854