- Text Size +

Rose:
I giggle hearing your screams through the earpiece and when they finally cease, I ask: "Well? How is it in there? I mean.. you're still okay right?" - I ask, slightly worried when I don't hear you for a while. I can't feel anything either, but then of course.. the sub is pretty tiny so I wasn't really expecting anything. Then I chuckle and tease: "Don't make me send a rescue party after you hihi!"

Mike:
I was livid...to the point where I purposefully ignored your questions over the phone. "Let her worry a little bit. Serves her right...just because she's a little bigger..." I thought to myself while the submarine slammed against the side of your throat and steadily surfed down the spongy flesh.

"It's dark...and wet...and I'm not sure how but I pretty sure I can smell what you had for breakfast." I finally broke the silence, but still sounded somewhat annoyed. The hull of the sub continued to groan loudly and I nervously check my gauges to make sure it wasn't leaking somewhere.

"You're hilarious by the way...how exactly to you expect me to get out of here?"

Rose:
I chuckle hearing you complain about it, then: "Oh, that's obvious silly..." - but then I stop myself and decide to mess with you a bit: ".. actually I guess I haven't really thought about that part yet? Um.. what do you think? I guess you'll have to take the long way round and all that hihi!"

Mike:
"What the...the long way? The long way?" I catch myself before becoming too angry and take a deep breath to calm myself. "Do you have any idea how long it'll take me to travel the long way? And that's assuming I don't get dissolved by your stomach acid. Can you live with that on your conscience...huh?" I knew from school that the average intestinal track was between 25-28 feet in length, and that was of a normal sized human. My brain couldn't begin to calculate how long that would be when the person was a mile tall!

"For your sake I hope you have a better plan than 'take the long way round' because if i make it out of this in one piece I promise I'll...I'll...well...I'll do something..."

Rose:
I giggle and tease some more: "Should I eat lunch just to speed it up?" - my stomach quietly growls.. I'm actually a bit hungry from all that messing around in my mouth. Then I realize: we haven't really discussed food yet and.. well, that sounds like a serious problem, even if I can grow it up... Oh well, finally I decide to reassure you: "Fine, fine.. no more jokes, for now anyway hihi! It's simple really, they must have like a long cable to reattach it or something? I mean.. they would drop these things down Mariana's trench so I'm sure.. um, somebody has long ropes like that... So yeah, we'll get you out in no time!"

Then I decide to tease a bit more: "But I was kindda hoping you wouldn't mind 'exploring' a bit?"

And finally: "Besides, I'm sure that sub is pretty fast - wasn't it like fancy and everything? You won't get dissolved if you hurry up and.." - suddenly I feel like a slight itch inside my belly. It makes me burp a tiny bit, before I'm able to cover my mouth with a hand.. so unladylike, oh well... But still: "What was that? Are you messing around in there?!?"

Mike:
I wanted to smash my head against the helm as I listened to your idea of a solution, and even more so once you made your suggestion. "You want me...to explore...? And how do you suggest I do that? There isn't exactly any...actually...okay...fine. If you want me to explore, then I'll explore and if you end up throwing up then you'll have nobody to blame but yourself."

I pressed the thrusters forward as the sub continued it's way down your throat, probably nearing the stomach at this point. If this thing was as impressive as in thought it was then it had to have something that would help me get some form of revenge. "Ewe there's so much gross stuff in here...you really shouldn't eat so much junk food. What is that?....Do you even know how to chew? On second thought...don't answer that." I continued to make snide comments as I pressed onwards until everything around me started to rumble. Before I could say anything, a sudden burst of air erupted from deep within your stomach, easily providing enough lift for the sub to shoot back up the way I came.

The journey up was not nearly as smooth as the trip down since the sub ricocheted off of your esophagus before creating the peak of your throat. The bright light of the outside shined through your open mouth as the powerful burp gas rushed out the exit. "Ummm...excuse you?"

Rose:
I feel bits of food came up to my mouth with that burp, so I swallow instinctively - sending you all the way down to my stomach unknowingly. "Yeah, excuse me.. I guess hihi! By the way, why are you so angry all of the sudden? Didn't you like being small.. or me big, or.. you know, like this?"

Mike:
I only caught a small glimpse of freedom before my vessel was swallowed once again. The enlarged chunks of food somehow hastened my journey down your throat before landing in a pool of stomach acid. "I'm not angry...its just a lot to take in. Put yourself in my position. I'm probably the first person ever outside of science fiction stories to travel into someone's stomach. You ever hear the story of Jonah and the whale? Well...I'm starting to know exactly how he felt."

The large pool of liquid gave me the opportunity to actually control which way the submarine traveled, and I began to slowly maneuver my way around partially digested chunks of food as I explored your inner cavern. "You know...its actually kind of cozy in here...very private. Maybe I'll buy a vacation home here."

Rose:
"There's no need for sarcasm hihi! And well, yeah.. you were shouting angrily and stuff, and.. I can bring you-" - I realize that 'I' probably can't, unless: "Uh, actually I could just vomit you out and.. um, no.. that's a really bad idea I guess? But I could 'arrange' to have you removed if you really don't want to stay in my stomach? I was just trying to have some fun, um..." - but thinking about people arranging it, I realize one more thing.. so I sigh and: "First, I guess I never apologized for.. almost eating you guys?"

I consider it, I 'kindda' got away with it, but.. no, it's wrong.. and what I did was wrong: "I mean, I think I was actually going to swallow you all, before.. well, before Mike made me realize how wrong it is? I'm sorry and.. I guess nothing bad happened so it was just a bad joke, but.. I'm still sorry?"

Mike:
"Actually...I think I'm gonna do it...yeah...I'm gonna do it...if I'm going to be the first person to travel into a stomach, then I might as well be the first person to travel through the entire digestive track." I replied as my vengeful attitude started to rear its ugly head. "Next stop...the large intestine...dive...dive...dive!" I had no intention of actually going through with my boast, mainly I was just curious to see how you would react to the idea of me actually taking you up on your earlier suggestion.

Outside the marines standing watch flinched as you started to address them directly. One moment you were treating them like a garnish, and the next you were talking to them like they were real people so it's only natural that they wouldn't believe in your change of heart so easily.

"Apology accepted ma'am! Now just remain where you are for the time being. We're working on finding you some suitable housing!" One of the tiny men called out over a megaphone.

Rose:
I giggle when you change your mind so suddenly, but: "I don't get it, like... one moment you're all like:" - I mock you and pretend to say in deeper voice: "Ohnoes get me outta here! I'm dissolving I'm dissolving!" - then I stop and chuckle, then normal voice: "And the next moment you're like... I don't know, uh.." - mockingly: "It's amazing down here I'm gonna stay there forever!" - I finish the tease with a giggle, but then actually start laughing out loud. It's pretty absurd and ridiculous, but.. it feels like either you were messing with me then - or are now. I just can't seem to be able to figure out which is the case.

Either way: "Well then all aboard and, um.. what do they say when they set sail on submarines, or.. do they even, um.. any clue?"

Mike:
I steamed within my metallic cocoon as you openly mocked me loud enough for half the base to probably hear. "I do NOT....sound like that. Maybe if the roles were reversed you wouldn't be so quick with your clever jokes." I said sternly, much more serious than I had sounded in the past. "What's the ETA on that rope huh? As fascinating as it is in here I'm about 10 seconds away from setting a course to your colon."

I pressed the throttle forward ever so slightly to test my resolve while I waited to see which one of us would blink first. "10....9....8...." I began counting down to add to drama to the already tense situation. "5...4....3..."

Rose:
"Oh ETA? I actually never, um.." - but suddenly a voice speaks:

[officer] "We're ready when you are, got enough rope to reach.. hopefully your stomach, if needed."

"Oh, wait.. so you've been listening in this whole.." - then I chuckle - "Never mind, that's silly I'm easily heard in like the whole county and maybe even surrounding ones, or..."

[officer] "Quite."

"Um, so.. what do I do?"

[officer] "We have a truck approaching. But could you please not swallow, I mean.. threaten to swallow-"

"No no, I'm totally with you! And I'm super sorry for all that, it's just that.. well, in roleplays and stories, and.. no, sorry, it was just wrong..." - I admit and blush, ashamed of what I did.

[officer] "It's okay ma'am, apology accepted."

"Oh, um.. were you one of.. you know..."

[officer] "No, but I heard from them. It's okay."

"Ohh.. thank you!" - I say.. a little too loud. Suddenly relieved of this great guilt, I.. immediately feel much better! Then I remember about you: "So, Mike.. what's it gonna be? Up.. or down hihi?"

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Sheesh, he really did want to get out of there...

I mean, the explosion-ex-machina and all that, cute ^^