- Text Size +

Kate was like stone as she sat there on the couch, unresponsive to the sounds coming from the kitchen behind her. Her arms were crossed over a throw pillow atop her lap, its softness pressed into her stomach. It had been plaguing her all day while she was at the office, and stubbornly followed her since then -- an uneasiness swirled in her center, no matter how she tried to calm it. It was unlike anything she had experienced, and so Kate sought help from the person she trusted the most.

 

Elisha entered the living room from the kitchen, carrying to the coffee table a tray of hot tea. “Be careful -- that steam means it’s hot,” she joked at Kate, circling around the couch her friend was slumped into. As she passed her, Elisha brushed her hand tenderly down Kate’s cheek, teasing her with a grin directly above her. “This should sit well, even with your little stomach problem~”

 

“Ugh, d-don’t call it that,” Kate whined, and her stomach did too -- she muffled the rumble underneath the circular pillow. After it faded, she turned to Elisha with an appreciative smile. “Thanks for the tea-- I-I know this isn’t how we wanted to spend our one night together…”

 

“Don’t be silly! There’s always next week,” Elisha laughed. “Besides, taking care of you is tradition at this point. You really should go see your own doctor, though.” She stepped aside towards the guest bathroom, where she had antacids stored in a cabinet.

 

“Y-You know how I am about that…” Kate sighed and looked to Elisha with a pitiful expression, a smile that pushed positivity. She and Elisha had been best friends since high school, but their adult lives were very different now. While Kate was working up the ranks of a law firm, Elisha had speedily moved on to becoming a physician. Kate always believed in her; whenever she had a medical issue, Elisha was the first to hear about it. Even now, Kate’s fear of hospitals and doctors pulled her to her best friend, who could not help but offer whatever aid she could.

 

But Kate’s stomach ache was stubborn, and growing worse. When Elisha returned to the living room after retrieving the antacids, she was prevented from talking -- a snarl from Kate’s stomach lashed before she could speak. Kate buried her head into the throw pillow, hiding away her blazing cheeks, but Elisha continued into the room with a reassuring giggle.

 

“It’s nothing to be so embarrassed about~ I-It’s just an upset stomach,” Elisha said, claiming a love seat opposite of her friend. When she next glanced at Kate, however, she noticed that she was still hunched forward, squeezing the pillow tightly. Her optimism waned; “Hey… Everything okay, Kate?”

 

“N-N… Nngh…” Kate winced as her reply, barely able to lift her head up from the coil of pain she was in. Another groan of a noise came from her belly, sharper than any before it, but was subsequently bested by the next whine being even louder. Kate gasped while Elisha courteously withheld a response, trying to make sense of what was happening. Another whine -- “Ugh… S-Something is… not right…!”

 

Elisha blinked, allowing the sound to end before scoffing into a chuckle. “Wow. It’s… been like that all day, you said?”

 

Kate nodded bashfully. “I’ve been… avoiding coworkers all day…” She huffed and pulled at the collar of her dress shirt. “But now… I-I’m starting to feel a bit warm, too…”

 

“Sounds like it could be a fever,” Elisha said after a sip of her own tea. When Kate cringed again from the audible aches, Elisha rose up and approached her friend. Kate closed her eyes while Elisha hung over her, pressing the backs of her fingers against her forehead. Elisha expected to come to a standard conclusion, but she noticed a detail beyond the warmth around Kate’s brow. “K-Kate, are you…?”

 

Kate swallowed nervously and angled a distressed expression up at Elisha. “Am I what…?”

 

As weird as it was to say aloud, Elisha nonetheless chuckled it into words; “Are you getting… taller?

 

“Huh? What do you mean by that…?” Kate lifted her head, but after the question, she too began to notice something strange in her environment. She shuffled under her clothes, struggling to feel comfortable in them. She sipped more of her tea to calm herself, but then dropped the cup entirely onto the carpet -- “Oh my god,” Kate stammered, “y-you’re right…! Th-The cup is… i-it got smaller…!”

 

Elisha sidestepped away when the tea crashed onto the carpet, but it was not the spill that frazzled her so. It was made more and more apparent before her eyes that Kate was indeed growing larger, expanding from that average height into a statuesque figure. Where before Elisha was the taller of the two by a few inches, it was now Kate with the superior height, though it was only believed to be true when Kate stood up in shock. There was no argument then: Kate was growing, and she was already a head taller than her best friend.

 

“Elisha…! Wh-What’s happening to me…?!” Kate shivered, wincing when her own clothes restricted even that kind of movement. Her dress shirt from work clung tightly around her chest and shoulders, while her pencil skirt rode up and stretched under strain. A gurgle from her stomach made Kate hunch forward, and with another pop of growth, rrrrip! The seams of her sleeves tore and exposed her shoulders. “E-Elisha!!”

 

“C-Calm down, Kate, stay calm…!” Elisha urged. She tenderly grasped Kate’s wrist to encourage her to sit back down, but she was too heavy to budge or even influence, especially so in her dumbstruck state. Elisha’s thumbs circled around Kate’s arm, “S-Sit down, please, a-and I’ll call 9-1-1!”

 

Kate groaned -- so did her stomach. “No,” she winced with a jostle of her head, “th-there isn’t… time…! Uhg…” After shooting an apologetic glance at Elisha, Kate closed her eyes against another shock in her system. She was continuing to grow, all while her stomach swirled and whined, and with no apparent way to stop it. Her clothes ripped further, becoming rags that only loosely covered her body, and attempts at concealing these rips only caused more tears to widen. It was already such an embarrassing position, but it was amplified with Elisha’s bewildered stare focused on these peeking plots of skin

 

“Oh my god, Elisha, o-oh my-- I’m a monster! I-I’m turning into a beast!” Kate stuttered, tears dotting her eyes. The couch she previously sat in was kicked back by her heel, and when she recoiled away from it, she slammed an ankle harder into the coffee table. No matter where she distanced herself, there was something else to bump into -- including the ceiling, which her head rushed into after another growth. Glancing at the crack above her, Kate succumbed to her knees, fitting herself as best as she could in the space shrinking around her. It did not need to be said by either that there was an urgent issue: at this rate, Kate would outgrow the apartment.

 

Elisha fretted backwards as Kate stumbled in the living room, having to duck under the swing of her friend’s arms. “Kate, y-you need to go outside!” she ordered, backing into the door of a hall closet. She shakily opened it and dug inside for a spare comforter, which she then threw over onto Kate’s enlarging form. “Th-The balcony! Get to the balcony!”

 

“No, Elisha, p-please!” Kate begged. “I-I can’t…! Not like this…!” She flinched when another growth spurt caused the final few shreds of her clothing to deteriorate, leaving her dressed in underwear that was stretched to its limits. “C-Can’t you do something…?! Errh…-- Elisha, m-make it stop…!”

 

But Elisha was baffled by the circumstance. The pace at which Kate grew was accelerating; the comforter was diminishing relative to her body, covering less and less as she expanded out in the living room. Soon did her bra and panties snap off her body, causing her to coil up in shame -- but still did she grow, large enough to be pushing Elisha’s furniture against the walls. No matter how she tried to compact herself into this shrinking space, she was continually getting larger, to the point that the floor and walls creaked trying to support her weight.

 

Kate had become too much for the living room -- or for any part of the apartment. Her hesitation to leave had trapped her, pinned between the floor and the ceiling. Elisha trembled into the unoccupied corners, but even these slithers of space were being filled by Kate’s flesh. She tried to push against the mounds of skin, as though she could compress Kate back into her normal size, but it was a worthless struggle that threatened to overtake her. If Elisha did not act quick, she would be stuck against Kate’s growing form as it broke out of the apartment.

 

Too frenzied to announce her exit, Elisha turned to the front door and dashed out into the corridor. Kate whined for her to return, but her voice was barely recognizable beneath the constant grumble of her stomach pains. Elisha looked once more into her home as she left, hurt whenever she heard something else break from inside. She feared for Kate’s safety as well, but all she could do was prepare for what was about to develop.

 

Traffic outside the apartment had been congesting while Kate grew inside Elisha’s apartment. Drivers slowed down to rubberneck the scene; up on the second floor, the windows were cracking as a wall of skin continually pushed against them. The spectacle enthralled passerbys into standstills, until the pressure from within erupted outwards. People dashed back into their vehicles when the glass shattered, and likewise did parts of the wall crumble out onto the sidewalk. Unbelievably, the crowd was greeted by a giant arm sweeping at the cool air, reaching blindly for some kind of support, but it was met with screams of terror as pedestrians fled to safer distances.

 

The rest of the apartment gradually gave way to the growth happening behind its walls. Burst after burst of growth resulted in Kate’s body demolishing through the building, eventually causing the floor to cave beneath her weight. Sirens blared from inside and sprinklers rained water reactively across the destruction. From the dust of the damages stepped forth a figure of imposing height; in all her nudity, Kate rose in front of the crowd, caught in a daze as she assessed her dwindling environment.

 

“No… No!” Kate gasped and covered herself as best she could, fretting back inside the cavernous crevice her body had made of the apartments. She cowered away from the curious and bedazzled expressions dotted across the road, but her growth was perpetually putting her in the spotlight. Another growth spurt made the third floor fall apart over her head, and her widened shoulders pushed aside what were Elisha’s neighbors and their furniture. Badly did she want to stand up and hide herself, but just the thought of moving so fast made her stomach toil and twist with another bellowing whine.

 

The crowd outside murmured in distress, and a woman among them shrieked at what they witnessed. Kate wished they would look away, but more attention was only spiralling onto her, drawn in from every angle. Pushed up by another growth, Kate slowly stood up from the wreckage piling around her feet, her shoulders and bare back breaking through the third and fourth floors as she uncurled. Such power was undermined by her crippling hunch over her belly, which her massaging failed to subside.

 

In whimpers, Kate hobbled out of the apartment and towards the sparse safety of a tree nearly her height. It was all she could shield herself with from the intensely awkward gazes -- if her nakedness was not embarrassing enough, the churning of her stomach compounded her shame. “E-Elisha…! Where are you…?!” she timidly called out, still to that moment relying on her friend to rescue her.

 

But that support could not be found, and her perpetual growth urged Kate to search her out. “Elisha…!” she moaned again, taking a long strife to get herself into the cover of another tree. Every step was met with louder reactions, which were themselves equal to her thudding footfalls. Kate hoped turning the corner of the building might remove herself as a street-wide spectacle, but more and more eyes marveled at her situation, from the ground level up to observers from upper floors. Kate’s heart turned cold to the crowds; “E-Elisha…”

 

Kate suddenly grimaced. She grasped at her stomach, shot with another pain. A bubbly groan was heard by all, something monstrous. Kate staggered, and her foot caught under a covered walkway, tripping her to her knees in a thundering fall. In an attempt to slow herself, her hand clawed through balconies that collapsed instantly under the weight. The subsequent boost in size had her body wedged between the apartments and the adjacent building, but Kate easily broke her hips free in a wall-crunching pull.

 

It was overwhelming chaos, and Kate was close to shutting down. The staring, the sirens, the lights, the crowds -- the gurgling of her stomach, always going on. She crawled into the center lot of the complex, rolled onto her back, and bellowed a groan. It did not matter what she broke underneath her expanding body, nor whoever was there to gawk at her humiliation. She wanted it all to stop, whatever the cost.

 

Kate!! Look here, Kate, look!!” Above the rowdy chatter of the crowds, a voice pinged to Kate. She lifted her head instantly; it came from the roof of the apartments. “Yes, Kate! Look!

 

Hopping and waving against a glass railing, Elisha yelled out to Kate. She was weathered from the situation in her own right, having endured the shockwaves of her giant friend’s clumsiness through the building. Against a rush of evacuating tenants and under the piercing fire alarms, Elisha had bolted up to the roof. The immediate sight of a naked Kate was dreamlike -- so unreal, something corrupted from a farfetched fantasy.

 

But Kate’s pleading expression, dotted with make-up running tears, was very real, regardless of how gigantic she had become. Elisha paused; comprehending Kate’s height took a moment to appreciate as her friend curled up towards the roof. Moments ago, the giant was no taller than the fourth story -- even on her knees, Kate’s face now loomed over the entire building, stretching higher by the second.

 

Elisha had boldly yelled out to Kate for her attention, but with the titan’s stare affixed to her, she was choked. Dry stutters was all she could make up; what had Kate become? Heat shivered over Elisha’s skin, overtaken by a newfound sensation towards her longtime friend. If before she had merely been curious towards Kate, this belittling perspective had enchanted her. Kate referred to herself as a monster, but Elisha was beholding a goddess.

 

Kate leaned towards the building -- it was shrinking, drifting away from her. Her hands claimed the corners of the roof, her head hung low to keep Elisha clearly in her vision. “Please… C-Can you stop this…?” she begged. Elisha braced herself against heavy breaths; “D-Do something…! Anything! E-Elisha, please…!”

 

“Kate, I--! I don’t…!” Elisha was interrupted by her own gasps, threatened by Kate’s sheer, overbearing scale. “I don’t know what I can do! Th-This is crazy, Kate, b-but we’ll figure this out! We will! T-Together!”

 

“It… hurts, Elisha…!” Kate whimpered, her volume blasting back at Elisha. “Y-You don’t understand, i-it just keeps… hurting…!” She bit her lip, a hand caught her belly -- though she tried to contain it, a particularly rhythmic and wet noise rattled the air around her. Another jolt of height followed; her feet kicked back into suburban homes and yards, her chest erupted into the apartments, and the ground quaked for blocks.

 

Elisha was tossed backwards, staggering as far back as the opposite railing. “Kate!!” she screamed, but as loud as she was, Kate’s stomach was outright louder. It was a full orchestra of slushy whines and curdling groans, and it was perfectly leveled at Elisha’s height, the grotesque sounds ignorantly aimed at Kate’s closest companion. Minutes ago, Elisha had been softly teasing her for those stomach aches, but that very same churning had mutated into a cacophony.

 

The roof fissured; no one could hear the creaking of the infrastructure bending under an impossible strain. Kate’s growth was toppling the apartments, and the roof was collapsing onto the street. Elisha was going to fall -- realizing as much, she froze-up with fear and closed her eyes, completely grabbed by gravity.

 

Elisha struck a surface, distinctly not the pavement. Debris spat around where she landed; she was being lifted, carried off in what she soon understood to be Kate’s hands. A platform of fingers curled around her weight, eerily stretching further and higher away as the giant grew larger. Elisha then remembered to breathe as she crawled into the center of the palm, only to be breathtaken again when Kate’s worry-ridden eyes conquered all she could see. Kate had grown gigantic, big enough to wrap her legs around the apartment building, if it were still standing.

 

“You have to-- to do something, E-Elisha…!” Kate drilled into Elisha, squinting sharply from the pain in her gut. Her face was pulled in close, the tip of nose like an arrow pointing at the little woman in her hand. “Y-You’re a doctor, Elisha, you… you can find something, y-you’ve got to…!”

 

“Kate, Kate…! C-Calm down, o-okay?” Elisha gestured at Kate with shaken, frazzled movements. When enough confidence was gathered, she leaned and reached forward with her palm; gentle yet hurried strokes ran down the arc of Kate’s nose, like soothing some large animal. “Wh-What are you talking about? What do you want me to do, Kate?!”

 

Kate blinked hard. Her eyes opened to find Elisha getting smaller and smaller in her palms. “G-Go in and… and figure something out…!” she pleaded, her whisper too huge to be discreet. “I-It’s the only way. You have to do this for me, Elisha, it-- Ugh… I-I know you can do something! A-Anything…!”

 

Elisha mouthed her confusion, but when she felt her angle shifting away from the nose -- closer to Kate’s pillowy lips -- every intention was understood. Elisha shook her head; Be reasonable, Kate, she wished, bold enough to chuckle. Amused or not, however, Kate’s mouth creeped distressingly closer, and much like the hand she was isolated in, so too was this tunnel-like opening extending in scale.

 

“S-Something has to be… in there…!” Kate winced. “Elisha, I’m so sorry… b-but I can’t think of… anything else…! There’s something wrong, you--”

 

No, Kate! You can’t just-- you can’t!” Elisha shivered backwards into the crook of Kate’s knuckles, but the perpetual growth made the palm feel inescapable. Despite how she trembled away, those dangerous lips ahead of her still neared, venting wisps of warm air. Elisha shook her head, “Don’t do this, Kate, th-this doesn’t make sense!”

 

“Y-You’ve gotta believe me, Elisha, I--” Kate stopped and coughed. She smeared her cheek against her wrist, wiping away some of the tears before resting a red-eyed gaze onto Elisha. She had begged, she had apologized, she had begged again -- a roar from her stomach and another dash of growth pushed Kate deep into her desperate mindset.

 

The chaos ceased, at least as far as Kate considered it. In that moment was just the motion, a tilt in her hand and neck, a final glance at Elisha’s rejective expression. The world moved again only after the bounce on her tongue, the writhing of a living person scrambling across the pink tendril. Kate’s mouth closed, and she shut it tighter with her hand clasped over it. Elisha was on her tongue, shouting and kicking, pushing vainly against the saliva-slicked walls. Kate could not comprehend how her tongue affected Elisha, how it rolled her about and washed her in pools of spit -- regret gagged her more than the human in her mouth did, but she was committed to this decision. With her other hand, she grazed her throat with an easing touch, readying herself for the sensation to follow.

 

No! Please, Kate! Don’t eat me-- Don’t!!” Elisha screamed as she sank towards the throbbing pit of Kate’s throat. Every word of her plea was heard by the giant she was within, the woman she treasured and adored -- that same friend who she had known for years was eating her. Elisha panicked blindly in the cramped darkness, her flailing efforts slowed by sympathy for Kate’s feelings. The walls that tugged at her, the tongue that drove her towards that tunnel -- it was all Kate that Elisha was resisting with all her adrenaline.

 

Kate blinked. Her hands, unstill, slowly lowered from her lips. As mundane as anything else she had ever swallowed, Elisha had been consumed -- it was complete. Kate did what she had wanted, and it paralyzed her. There was now a person, her most trusted companion through life, trapped inside her stomach. Possibly screaming, possibly passed out, but Kate still held onto the hope, stray and distant as it were, that having a doctor inside her boisterous belly could cure this strange disease.

 

But even after swallowing Elisha whole, there was still a crackle in her stomach. “Please,” Kate whimpered, grasping at her belly with both hands. All around her, the frenzied city block stirred into motion again, reminding her that she was a monster growing bigger and bigger. “Please, E-Elisha…” Her stomach snarled in response, and her growth proceeded like it had.

 

It was not going to end. Despairingly, Kate accepted as much, that her unbelievable condition was bound to continue. Her stomach roared as she moved from the apartment complex, crawling on her hands and knees into the streets nearby. Everything around her felt fake and flat; it was so small now compared to her, like a model city filled with intricate details. The longer she was stuck in this fantastical situation, the less she thought of any of it as real. No more did she care about her movements crashing through traffic and street lights, no more did she worry over the buildings her hips swayed into. Only the croaking of her stomach filled her mind, an obsession that drove her forward into a frantic search for resolution.

 

Kate came upon an intersection where multiple cars were locked in place, all trying to turn their vehicles around and flee the encroaching giant. Some fled their cars and ran away on foot, but one SUV was pinned -- and had caught Kate’s eye. She lumbered towards it, her breasts swinging low and covering the driver’s vision. Just as abruptly was the entire vehicle picked up in a net of fingers, effortlessly stripped off the road and tilted up into the air.

 

“Please, please… D-Do something…!” Kate begged to the driver, speaking directly to the vehicle’s front. Her fingers maniacally pried and peeled at the metal doors until the driver’s side finally gave way, ripped apart from the rest of the car. Her fingertips were greeted with a series of kicks and punches that refused their attempts, but all the same did Kate dig into the SUV and retrieve the little person inside -- a woman, shaking madly about in the pinch she was kidnapped by.

 

She’s so tiny, Kate thought as she looked over the person. The car was like a toy, and the person something even smaller; like the rest of the world, they were also shrinking relative to her. It will be so easy, she concluded, even easier… easier to swallow…

 

“My stomach…! I-It’s my stomach…!” Kate described, storming the innocent woman with contextless pleas for help. Her belly droned when acknowledged, bestowing a serious cramp onto Kate. “Y-You’ve got to do something, be-before… before a-anyone else gets hurt…!”

 

The woman screamed over this explanation, unconcerned with what ailed the titanic creature. She only wanted to be freed and escape, but Kate had already decided what to do with her. More confident than with Elisha, Kate devoured the woman she had taken. She slipped past the lips smoothly, and in that next instant, there was the decisive swallow. Compared to Elisha, swallowing this stranger was painless -- she had no regrets that a second, completely uninvolved person was now enduring whatever hell her stomach was.

 

Yet still, there was no cure for her disease. It roared again; Kate clenched her fist, crunching the empty SUV instantly into a heap of scrap that she dropped carelessly into town. A troubled gaze scanned the city in search of something else to help her, but while she was preoccupied, the rest of the world shrunk like it had been. Though Kate was seated in the middle of a multi-lane road, the surrounding lowrises were still half her height, and few other buildings nearby reached her shoulders. She crawled through the city, stepping above highway overpasses, shamelessly carving through street lights and electrical wires, all while citizens screamed and scattered whenever her hands and knees next crashed.

 

“S-Someone… Can’t anyone…?” Kate complained to the crowds that fled from her, but they could not hope to escape her reach. Growing bigger still, Kate looked down at what must have been a hundred people running around under the arc of her body. They only ever stopped to stare at the impossible sight, distracted by the nudity that eclipsed the night sky for just staggered moments.

 

Those same citizens desperately rushing to shelter themselves were then attacked by a wave of sound. It had fallen quiet for a time, but Kate’s stomach howled back to life with a stock of gurgles. The air vibrated from such groaning, and the people felt it through their bodies -- everything rattled and shook, the cries of dozens overpowered by a churning stomach.

 

So intense was this pain that Kate could not keep her balance. Her center was disturbed by the volatile reactions, and she curled inwards around her affliction. The arms planted into the street flung to her gut and hugged its sides, but without that support, Kate’s posture flattened onto the street. Beneath her grand weight, she could not feel the unfortunate bodies pinned under her, nor did she mind the many vehicles demolished beneath her mass. The shockwave of her fall rippled out for a mile, but the bellowing of her belly could be heard for even farther, echoing through the city and its neighboring hillsides.

 

Kate lay in a mess of her own destruction, jostled into reckless movements whenever her sickness next struck. Miserable expressions turned to either side, tearfully staring into the variety of buildings that were beside her. Inside those structures were countless citizens reacting viscerally to the amazing scene, recording the event with their phones while also seeking out whatever safety they could find. All those windows were peppered with curious, concerned eyes -- Kate realized as much as she grew larger, desperate again for a solution.

 

“Please do something!” Kate demanded, her hand wrapping around a skyscraper filled with people. Across all its floors, chaos erupted. People stampeded through halls and stairwells, security alarms wailed in response to the unearthly shaking, and windows shattered as the giant’s grip constricted against them. They were trapped, and their fates sealed.

 

Though everyone was prepared for some shape or form of devastation, none had readied themselves for Kate’s assault. Her massive face that looked over the building drew close, and revealing itself from her cavern-like mouth was a serpentine beast. Slithering towards the building was her incredible tongue, itself bigger and wider than what Kate herself was mere minutes ago. Hot breaths washed up against the remaining windows and filtered into the offices, claiming the property as sustenance. The snake rolled and slid around the building, and with a twist and pull, she plucked more than half the structure off from its foundation. The ripping of metal and concrete did not concern Kate, respecting the catastrophe as she would chewing her food. Within seconds did her saliva and teeth make dust out of the once-proud skyscraper, and lost within that horrible cave were countless victims, drowning in spit and resisting a ginormous tongue. One swallow took away most of these survivors, but a subsequent second swallow pulled in anything that remained -- her mouth had been the scene of unfathomable destruction, and just as whimsically was that same mouth cleaned of it all, leaving only scraps of the building caught in her teeth as evidence of what occurred.

 

Kate slid forward in a lazy crawl, stretching out the crater her weight was leaving behind. She brushed aside stray and messy hairs, already pursuing something more she could swallow -- as expected, even a building filled with people could not subside her ailment. She ate another building, and licked up a road’s worth of traffic; another apartment complex was swept into her maw, and warehouses were picked out like candies. Police helicopters tailed around her, but casual swats sent them spiralling them away from Kate, whose sole concern was finding anything to stop her stomach’s gurgling.

 

But it was useless. No matter what she ate, regardless of how many she sentenced to her stomach, nothing could bring it to rest. It tugged hard at Kate’s conscience to imagine everything she was digesting, the mess she had made inside herself and what those unfortunate people had to survive in. She thought of how her stomach’s groans were surely worldshaking to them, a bassy blast of sound that shook their dwindling existences. A senseless setting that contorted to her outside prods and pokes, none of which settled any of the restlessness inside her.

 

Kate collapsed again. At the size she was at, doing so claimed much more than just a multi-lane street. She was wider than several city blocks, and stretched out farther than that; almost an entire district was blanketed by her body. There was no foolproof evacuation for those that happened to be under her. In an instant, their homes, their businesses, and their families were drowned by the drop of her stomach. Everything grinded to dust beneath her as she rolled onto her side; it was the closest Kate had come to finding relief, massaging the many tiny buildings into her aching belly. It bellowed at those who survived on the outskirts of Kate’s frame, creating a persistent rumble that resonated from where she laid.

 

Stop… M-Make it stop…” Kate continued to wail, her humongous scale turning every whimper into a city-wide announcement. Rotated onto her back, Kate pulled and pushed at her stomach. “C-Come on, Elisha… Please make it better… I-I trusted you, Elisha…!

 

 

 

“Elisha… Elisha…?”

 

The whisper drew Elisha to open her eyes. Her whole body was shivering, she realized, but the sight of Kate’s face looming overhead made her flinch -- “Kate!” she weakly gasped.

 

But the scene around her was nothing like she had experienced. It was her apartment, its modern furnishings and decorations still as neatly styled together as they usually were. There was no hole in her floor or cracks in her ceiling. Certainly, Kate was no giant to be fleeing from. Her best friend was seated on the couch, and Elisha herself was stretched longwise across it, her head resting into Kate’s lap -- at least, it had been before she shook awake.

 

Elisha swallowed, her throat notably dry. “I-It… You-- You’re not…”

 

Kate raised her head curiously while her fingers tenderly swirled through Elisha’s hair. “I’m not… what?” she asked, ended with a giggle. “I haven’t left yet, if that’s what you mean… Of course I couldn’t just leave you like this.”

 

“Like… this?”

 

“You remember, right? You said you had a terrible day at the clinic, w-we were chatting… When I came back from the bathroom, you were fast asleep! I-I was worried since you seemed so lightheaded and all--”

 

“It was a dream,” Elisha interrupted, her tone cherishing the relief. A smile lazily stretched between her cheeks as she massaged her brow. “What a hell of a dream, though…”

 

Kate chuckled, “You’re definitely not well, huh?” With Elisha more alert, Kate was more comfortable petting her neck to soothe any post-sleep soreness. “Well, whatever your dream was about, just know everything is fine here. Get your rest, Elisha. You’ve probably overworked yourself.”

 

“Perhaps…” Elisha yawned and stretched her legs, but the feeling of standing up swelled her headache. Rather than move just yet, she nuzzled into Kate’s pillowy lap. A few minutes more of being tended to was exactly what Elisha wanted.

 

But she was brought back to that fantasy world, the visions of her dreams rekindled when she heard the faint growl of Kate’s stomach beside her. It may not have been as amplified as it was in that nightmare, but Elisha vividly recalled that churning, that inescapable organ, the collection of swallowed things -- she shivered again, oddly put back to sleep while those idle sounds lingered.

Chapter End Notes:

 

If you enjoy my writing, consider pledging to my Patreon~ patreon.com/cursecrazy For just $2/month you get early+exclusive access to stories like this!

Or, consider just buying me a coffee~ ko-fi.com/cursecrazy