- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or to actual events is purely coincidental. Also, be mindful of the tags. If one or more of the tags causes you some degree of discomfort, proceed with caution.  Also be aware of themes of non-consent and cruelty crop up in the context of this story.  If that causes you some degree of discomfort also proceed with caution.

 

 

It’s strange to think that five years have passed since the Condensing Cataclysm.  Before that fateful day five years ago, I lived what most would consider the ideal life.  I had wealth beyond my wildest imagination, a loving trophy husband, and a mansion so large that it took 20 men to clean it each day.  Then The Small Event happened and I, along with 25% of the population, shrank down to the size of bugs.  


My husband began to treat me as less than human.  He would neglect me, squander my fortune and abuse me.  He threatened my well being if I told anybody about my mistreatment.  It was difficult, but after four years, I finally exposed my husband’s cruel actions.  I moved to a small apartment and used what fortune I had remaining to hire a caretaker to watch over me for the rest of my life.


That was the day I met Dale.


At the time, I couldn’t believe how fortunate I had been.  Dale had been training in tiny care almost since The Small Event happened.  He had seemed kind and caring, and had a starting fee far below what I was offering.  It seemed almost too good to be true.  It was only after the paperwork had been signed that I learned who Dale truly was.  He was, bluntly speaking, callous and cruel.  He saw me not as a human, but as a miserable bug to live out his cruel fantasies on.  I was thankful I never told him anything about my past, because he would almost certainly subject me to all my past trauma and even more!


I felt a wave of dread wash over me as Dale entered the house this morning.  Knowing that Dale would come and find me if I wasn’t waiting for him, and not wanting to make him angry by making him look for me, I briskly approached him as he shut the door behind him.  I yelled a greeting to him to make sure he noticed my presence.


“Good morning, master!”


It was humiliating to have to call Dale master.  It brought back terrible memories of my time being emotionally abused by my husband.  I had often considered reporting Dale’s misdeeds like I did with my husband, but given what she was willing to do to keep her secrets hidden, I can only imagine the agony Dale would subject me to if he ever thought I might report him.


Dale said nothing, instead giving me an intense glare that scared me to the very core of my being.  I was so startled I took a step away from him.  He looked away and walked past me to the living room.


Dale slipped off his shoes and put his feet up on the footrest.  I had gotten so used to this routine that he didn’t even need to give me instructions.  I climbed up to his massive soles and began to lick the bottom of his sock.  I pressed my tongue into the sweaty fabric as hard as I could, doing my best to make sure he could feel my tongue on his sole.  I didn’t even want to imagine what would happen if Dale thought I was slacking.


Tears dripped from my eyes.  Dale looked down at me.  I had hoped he would show me pity, but instead the only emotion on his face was disgust.  He made me continue licking for only a short while longer until he got bored of watching me.  Returning his feet to the ground, he went over to the kitchen and started to prepare himself breakfast.  


I waited patiently for him to finish preparing his french toast.  It looked absolutely wonderful.  My mouth started watering as I smelled its sweet aroma in the air.  Dale brought the delicious plate of cinnamon goddess to the dining room table, and as I watched him measure off a miniscule piece of it with a ruler and hand it to me.  I should have felt more insulted, but I was honestly just glad I was being fed at all.


“Thank you for feeding me master.  Am I really allowed to have this?”


Dale put on an almost comically fake smile.  I could almost feel the degrading mockery emanating from that artificial smile slap me across the face.


“Of course, madam!  After all, it’s my job as your caretaker to make sure you don’t starve!”


The dripping sarcasm in the word “madam” eroded my very soul.  How far had I fallen from grace that I couldn’t even be treated with respect without it being a sick joke?


I watched as he voraciously devoured his share.  Watching his powerful jaws rip and tear the sweetened bread apart made me think back to the times my husband would scarf down tiny after tiny in front of me.  But my husband always swallowed tinies whole.  I didn’t imagine Dale would extend his victims the same luxury.  I imagined how torturous it would feel to be ground up in Dale’s maw.  As if he could sense my fear, Dale stared down at me.


Our eyes locked for a moment, and then Dale left the living room to continue eating in my living room.  He always made an effort to show me that he didn’t need my permission or my supervision as he went from place to place within the house.  He knew that my apartment was only mine in theory, but in practice it was his.  Just like everything I had was his in practice to use as he saw fit.  After all, what was I going to do to stop him?


I realize that he can use his physical might to overpower my pathetically small form, and I realize that he could simply crush the life out of me if I ever disobeyed him.  I just wish he would look in his heart and try to see things from my point of view.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

This is part one of two to this story.  Part two should be coming out around the same time part one does.

 

So that was how Harriet spent her morning.  Let's look at how Dale experienced the day.