- Text Size +

Brobdingnagian Business

By VivettaVenray

 

(WARNING: Contains vore [including a bit of implied hard vore], digestion, cruelty, messy stomachs, and gore among other things.)

 

(NOTE: This story takes place in a Gulliverian universe, where Lilliputians seem about an inch to Gulliverians who, in turn, seem about an inch to the Brobdingnagian people.

 

Gulliverian-style universes have been done in size stories before. Credit definitely goes to past authors for establishing and exploring this setting-style before I ever did myself.)

 

--------------

 

Chapter 1: Offices

 

The words “Lilliadventures (TM)” had hung over the windows, been stamped into the chairs, and was engraved into the large black table of the spacious and busy boardroom. A meeting between the CEO and his dozen subordinate executives had dragged on for an hour now, and tensions were starting to flare.

 

“Mr. Gonzalez, profits are up that much is true, but we’re concerned about long term.”, said one well dressed bespectacled woman.

 

“Ha!”, barked Mr. Gonzalez. The sharply dressed man stood by his chair at the other end of the table. He slammed his hands on the furniture’s surface with his utterance. Ran fingers gripped the table’s edge. Gaudy gold rings adorned the digits, each one inset with an eyeball-sized gem.

 

“When have our investors, or any investors anywhere, ever complained about profits being short-term?”, he said.

 

“But then how will we get a profit increase next quarter then?”, spoke an aged bald man in a suit. His tone was softer, more obsequious.

 

“Simple, layoffs.”, said Mr. Gonzalez. He continued.

 

“By next quarter work on the dock construction contract with the Lilliputian Government will finish. Half the tasked employees are contract workers and are done anyways, but all the in-house staff can be fired. We’ll just rehire them if a contract comes around next year, at which point the news of another big job like that will send the stock soaring high enough to make up for the profit dip.”

 

He smirked wide, then continued.


“With my plan we’ll have quarterly profit increases for years just doing our usual operations. Only way elsewise is if don’t get any contracts, but my college buddy just got appointed secretary of infrastructure so that won’t happen. Trust me, the value of our shares will reach the moon!”

 

The CEO took a moment to stand proud and take in the reactions of the room. He looked towards the bespectacled young woman from earlier, who was scribbling on a piece of notepaper. Her brown hair was done back in a bun.

 

“Well, Ms. Robinson, I presume you’re running some numbers. Wanna share with the rest of the class.”

He chuckled at the dumb joke, as did the other executives to varying degrees of sincerity. One wouldn’t want to get on their boss’s bad-side, after all.

 

The meek woman adjusted her glasses, then spoke.

 

“Based on our current revenue and stock price it... checks out. But, I’m still worried Mr. Gonzalez. It’s not just about the money. You’ve sold much of your own stock here: control of your own company. I’m also concerned about opening up to the inter-size markets. I mean, Gulliverian investors typically play fair, but the Brobdingnagians have a reputation for being voracious...”

 

Mr. Gonzalez paused a moment. He started laughing again, with the yes-men and yes-women on the board joining in. A loud thud on the table put a stop to that. He had slammed his fist there and raised his voice.


“My grandfather started this company with nothing but street-smarts and a million dollar loan from his father. My own father, may he rest in peace, turned it from a simple venture capital firm to a national conglomerate. Their successes taught me well, and so don’t you tell me how to run my own company!”

 

He slammed his fist again, then walked away from the table to the wide spanning window of the enormous executive meeting room. Mr. Gonzalez paced along its length, sun shining against his back.

 

“I’m not gonna let them down. I’m taking this company to record profits, and doing that takes boldness, and a bit of brashness. You’re good with numbers Ms. Robinson, which is the only reason you’re still CFO after mouthing off at me like that.”

 

The countenance of the young woman shook at the words. He continued speaking.

 

“But, you just aren’t good at business sense. We’re one of the top 10 companies in all Lilliputian territories, but no Brobdingnagian corporation is gonna take an interest in us. They think we’re too small and insignificant in the inter-size markets, so only day traders will mess around with the new stocks. By the time the long standing players will take note, we’ll be worth more than even they can afford.”

 

Mr. Gonzalez stopped to look out from the window. He took in the sight of the sun-lit city which stretched far and wide thousands of feet below. The Lilliadventures HQ was the tallest and most expensive building in the city. He sighed, thinking of that achievement, then turned back to the others at the meeting.

 

“Besides, best part of this is that the new stock is special. No ownership or voting rights are included, just dividends. My control is secure. I have nothing to fear from any competitors or vultures, be they Lilliputian, Gulliverian, or even Brobdingnagian.”

 

It was at that moment the lights in the room went out. In fact, the lights on everything plugged in went out. The coffee machine clanked to a close. Laptops flashed their battery signals. The keycard locking doors to the room beeped as they switched to battery power.

 

Shortly after, a great whir was heard as everything turned back on at once.

 

“What was that?”, asked Mr. Gonzalez. He turned to a spring-dressed woman at the corner of the room.


“I believe that was the emergency power kicking back on.”, said the executive assistant.

 

He groaned. “I know that, but why did power go out at all?”

Ms. Robinson was already checking her phone. “I got an emergency text message. Power’s down in the entire city.”

 

“Any other news?”

 

“Afraid not--sir.”, she cleared her throat. “That message was the only one I got. I can’t get a connection signal. Internet and cell towers must be offline.”

 

She stood up and moved towards the window, and noticed the traffic lights were completely out. Cars were stopped at intersections.

 

“Seems even the city’s backup grid is offline.”

 

“You think with all the city taxes I pay this stuff shouldn’t happen. What could possibly cause something like this?”

 

“I’m not sure sir.”, said that assistant in the warm springtime garbs. “Perhaps an-”

 

A distant boom echoed through the air and reverberated through the building.

 

“Earthquake?”, said Ms. Robinson, finishing the sentence. “That shouldn’t be possible this far inland.”

 

The quake came again, then again. Each tremor louder and shakier than the last, closer. Yet, there was about the same span of time between each reverberation.

 

--==--==--==--

 

Kyle considered himself one of the best hackers born in Lilliput, and his salary reflected that. His generous pay also reflected the unusual work environment.

 

The young man was buckled tight to a chair bolted to the floor. The computers and other instruments in his cubicle were similarly secured. A transparent roof of heavy glass showed some of the blue sky, but aside from that there was only one window by the vault-like door between the sleekly designed chamber and the exterior corridor.

 

Every single screen and machine was the latest and greatest money could buy. So, too, were the antiemetics--anti-nausea pills--that Kyle and the other members of his team were fed before locking themselves in their workstations. Proprietary gyroscopic mechanisms provided an illusion of stability as the entire ‘office space’ shifted. With each lurching motion his pod-like chair, the desk, and all the equipment rotated to try to keep things level.

 

Technology could only go so far though. It was easy to provide the visual illusion of everything not constantly rotating and shifting, but a human body had a way of knowing. Although the reverberations of the rhythmic booms could be engineered away from reaching the workplace, their sound still broke through. With all the back and forth swaying like a pendulum, it was definitely one doozy of a ride.

 

Said ride got it’s greatest lurch yet. Kyle could hear the complaints from his fellow team-members over the voice communications--hundreds of them. Hacking an entire Lilliputian city’s power supplies and connectivity towers took a lot of combined effort, after all.

 

The blue-sky view from his glass ceiling rushed by. Soon, a big brown eye the size of a building replaced it. Kyle knew all the other members of the team on this side of the workplace had the same view. The others would have to be content with the vertigo of looking miles down to two high-heeled feet which, even now, kept on their march to the ‘target asset’.

 

A booming voice rung out, which his Lilliputian ears could hardly decipher on his own. Thankfully, his headset carried the words loud and clear despite their coming from a throat that could devour a suburb given enough time and bites.

 

“Is it done yet?”, she spoke. The almost-bored tone of her feminine voice contrasted the sheer power she wielded in but a finger.

 

‘Bored’, thought Kyle. ‘I never got how a Brobdingnagian could ever seem bored.’

 

He was first on the team to respond aloud.

 

“It is. We can’t touch any local generators, but the grids isolated and offline. Every cell tower in the area too.”

 

“Good.”, said the titaness plainly. She stopped looking at them. That eye gazing down on them went away and instead they got a view of her dark-skinned chin as she looked ahead.

 

“Should be safe to go in then.”

 

With that, the woman dropped her arm back to her side without a care in the world. Everyone working with Kyle got thrust into another immense lurching motion. The woman they talked to had lowered they arm, and her bracelet with it.


That’s where they were working: inside a Brobdingnagian’s high-tech bracelet.

 

--==--==--==--

 

Lachelle had a lot of good things going for her. Barely in her twenties and yet her career was already stable, secure, and lucrative. A lot of her friends from college would kill for a job like hers. It wasn’t all sunshine and roses, but the excitement of travel helped spice up the more boring office days while also providing a breath of fresh air to the more hectic ones.

 

She was also gorgeous, at least to most eyes. Her dark black hair was cut short to just past her ears. Not a single scar or blemish sullied her hazelnut skin. She had just gotten a mani-pedi the other day, so her red painted fingernails looked lovely as the afternoon sun hit their glossy sheen.

 

The woman was fit, svelte, and had a great sense of fashion. She wore a short-sleeved white blouse and a business skirt black for contrast. Her bare legs stretched towards some black high-heeled closed-toe shoes. A little purse-like bag hung by her shoulder. It was designer, and its exterior was a tastefully, subtly glossed shade of pink. The only piece of jewelry she had was a silver ring on a finger.

 

Lachelle was, also, 6 miles tall. Of course, that was only in Lilliputian terms. Given that she was in Lilliputian territory, that meant that was probably the perspective to go by. Indeed, for all the good cards dealt to her in life, being a Brobdingnagian was arguably the best.

 

Her long leg stretched over a small little farming town on her march. The Lilliputians below got quite the view. It inspired awe, fear, and envy.

 

Yes, they too were inclined to agree being a Brobdingnagian was better.

 

Lachelle’s high-heeled foot slammed down just past the village’s border. The ensuing quake rattled the inventories off of Lilliputian shelves, triggered car alarms, and just in general caused chaos.

 

A Lilliputian was the smallest known subspecies of human, of course. Just one step of hers caused that level of calamity to the people that, to her, were but millimeters in height.

 

“Wait”, came a female voice in Lachelle’s ear, and one the titanic woman knew well. Lachelle paused where she stood, which meant the Lilliputians due below got to look up the Brobdingnagian’s business skirt for some time at her tastefully laced panties.

 

Lachelle moved her finger towards the small--well, to her—headset that she wore on her left ear. It clipped on like a hearing aid with a small jutting microphone pointing out near the lobe to pick up her voice. They were quite common among all the three sizes of people, and were how the various sizes communicated with one another as clear as possible.

 

“What is it?”, she spoke.

 

“No not you.”, said the voice. “Mister Troutman, power is shut off to more than the city, yes?”

 

Kyle, having just recovered from the lurch of Lachelle’s moving arm, answered with haste.

 

“Yes Mrs. Yamamoto. The entire metropolitan area is taken care of. No need to worry about any suburbs or even single farm houses having power or internet connectivity.”

 

“Perfect. In that case we can-”

 

Himari paused her speech as her chamber rumbled and shifted. Soon, the glass front of her own private workplace got a view of Lachelle’s face.

 

Of course, to a Gulliverian like her, Lachelle seemed much smaller: closer to just 500ft. That was still enough to break all her bones every which way, but far less a city-ending threat to her people, were the Brobdingnagians.

 

Lachelle had twisted her necklace around to talk to Himari, who’s ornament-like work-pod was embedded at the center of its sturdy chain. It seemed like a curious pendant in its hyper functional design.

 

“Lachelle...”, began Himari. Her voice was calm, cool, and professional like almost always while on-the-clock.

 

“Didn’t I say this isn’t needed, we can hear each other just fine with our headsets. Now-”

 

“I know, I just wanted to get a look at my precious jewel.”, spoke a smirking Lachelle. The words rattled the necklace single-office much as they were repeated, clearer, over Himari’s headpiece.

 

“That’s not very professional. Both interrupting me and that, of course. As the Acquisition Coordinator, it’s my job to help you here, so try and work with me well like always now.”, spoke Himari.

 

But, there was truth to Lachelle’s words. She really did find Himari as pretty as a jewel. The petite Gulliverian woman dressed in a woman’s blazer over her own long-sleeved white shirt. Her skirt was dark shade of blue that matched the blazer, and would be longer than Lachelle’s own were the Brobdingnagian not about several hundred times the Gulliverian’s own height.

 

Himari’s jet-black hair was tied in a pony-tail. Her own nails were well manicured, but unpainted. Her legs were clad in some pantyhose, and her own feet were in some stylish ivory flats that near matched the shade of her pale-hued skin.

 

Her face looked back to Lachelle, stoic and professional as ever. Her tone held as well.

 

“Now, you don’t need to keep standing over Burgsenville. In fact, safely clear it as soon as possible.”

 

Lachelle did so. She moved her other high-heel over the village. For a moment, her balance wavered, but the foot slammed down ahead just in time to right herself. All the Lilliputians below breathed a sigh of relief.

 

“Lachelle”, spoke Himari. “Be careful.”

 

“Sorry, Mrs. Yamamoto.”, said Lachelle. “That was a genuine accident though. I take it with the power and such cut, you don’t want me to level that Burgers-ville just to be safe?”

 

“It’s Burgsenville, like I said. it’s important to know where you are. And, no, that would be detrimental in fact. Every bit of damage caused is something the company has to pay back. Now, let’s keep moving. We’ve a schedule to keep. Ms. Oshie herself was personally interested in the asset.”

 

Lachelle loosened her grip on the necklace. Himari’s unwavering professionalism let her preemptively stifle a scream as the necklace-office lurched in a drop. The sleek, high-tech office came to rest against the soft hazelnut skin of Lachelle’s neckline.

 

“Do you know why?”, asked Lachelle.

 

“It was not my place to question, nor is it yours.”, spoke Himari.

 

There was silence for a few more of Lachelle’s ground quaking steps, then Himari broke it.

 

“But, this means the more we bring the asset back intact, the more pleased she’ll be.”

 

Lachelle grinned. A few more steps went out. One almost had the Brobdingnagian stomping a fuel-station along a Lilliputian highway, but Kyle’s team called it out in the nick of time. Otherwise, there were no more close calls on the short walk, and soon a sprawling mass of gray laid before Lachelle’s eyes. It stretched about as much as a rug would.

 

“That’s it, isn’t it?”

“Yes.”, said Himari. “Lilyork City. It’s by far our biggest operations area yet. So, you must be very careful.”

“Of course.”, said Lachelle. “As the coordinator, you’re in charge. But, don't worry, this isn’t our first task together now is it?”

 

“I suppose it’s not.”, said Himari, curtly.

 

Lachelle smiled a tad then moved towards the city’s boundary.