- Text Size +

Heyo. This is something of an idea I've mused on doing recently. Sometimes once in a blue moon I write something brief that people seem to enjoy, but not long enough I feel it's worth making a new story or something to post. This here is meant to be a collection of such things. 

At the moment I only have a few on hand, but for the future this is going to be a place I can share shorts like that with a broader audience. What they are and who they feature can vary wildly, but I'll always try to offer at least some context. Length can vary, from just a few paragraphs to maybe a few pages; but don't expect anything super meaty here. This is a collection meant more for very casual and brief stories.

Now then, I hope you enjoy! To start things off here is a short I wrote today featuring a Lysithea from the game Fire Emblem: Three Houses. It's definitely on the shorter end of the spectrum for what I've done, but think it's a quick, cozy little read all the same. Future things posted here will be longer, I promise.

Also, there are some mild spoilers here, so if you're worried about that kind of thing consider this a warning.

--------

 

 

The light faded from Jeritza’s eyes as he blinked away the dots from his vision. One moment he had been atop his mount, the Dark Knight unleashing death upon the battlefield. The next, a blinding spell fired from his flank. 

There had been no sensation of impact, and now as vision returned the man stared at a world unfamiliar to him. A tundra of emerald trees that seemed to stretch into the horizon. On some level realization struck him then, but it wasn’t until the ground trembled beneath his feet that he truly understood.

Approaching from the direction of the spell was a colossus rising higher than the tallest tower; and one he recognized: Lysithea. The young woman naturally two heads shorter than him, she now towered like a mythical giant descended from foreign lands. Her every footfall made the ground shudder beneath her weight, looming boots coming to a halt mere inches away from the Dark Knight. 

She had shrunken him, he realized; and the petulant expression she wore suggested it annoyed her how easy it had been. “This is the warrior who has been laying waste to our forces?” her stare seemed to say. 

In reality she said nothing, only lifting her foot with all the care one would pay a particularly annoying roach. Jeritza turned and sped away on horseback as fast as his steed could take him, but that coupled with his black armor only seemed to add to the mental image of an insect in Lysithea’s eyes. 

With a dignified and yet childish “Harum-ph!” the young woman’s boot came down. The crunch underfoot proved mildly satisfying as she lingered on the sensation before returning to the broader battle at hand. 

A simple spell and a single stomp. That was all it took to rid Fodlan of the so-called “Dark Knight”.