- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy!

The crimson haired goddess hovered in the inky darkness of space. Her body glowed with a reddish hue, as her eyes shined with the brilliance of a reddish dwarf star. 


She traveled through the cosmos with a smile on her face as she thought about her future plans. 


She was the demon of the crimson dawn, the demon of the red maw, she was the crimson Devour and soon she would meet her little sister. 


Crimson Devourer: (Smiles.) ["I can't wait to see the little one .] 


While traveling through the dark void the Crimson devourer spots from within the corner of her eye something green shining like a diamond in the empty void of space. 


The crimson titaness smiled as she understood what exactly she was looking at. 


Crimson Devourer: (licks her lips.) "Ooh look at what we have here... a small little planet. I was just getting hungry. (Blush.)

***


The Zot'ans were a people of courage and righteousness. Their people were warriors who believed only in their own strength. They cared not for failure or even those who knew defeat, they only wished for greater strength. 


Abúye walked through the crowds of Zot'an

 people with a sullen expression. Abúye hated this day of the Zot'an year. This day which was more precious than any other. This was the day of Vurth and Fuk, the day of warriors and battle. 


Unknown: "There you are Abúye I was looking all over for you." 


Abúye hearing the distant call of his name turns and sees a young Zot'an man running towards him. 


Abúye:  (Continues Walking) "Durlock... what do you want?" 


Durlock: (Walks beside Abúye and chuckles ever so slightly.) "You still hate this time of year?" 


Abúye: "What do you think?" (Grunts with rage.)


Durlock: "Oh Abúye where is your sense of holiday joy? The day of Vurth and Fuk is our most cherished holiday. It is a day that we celebrate our new warriors that will one day be blessed with the power of Vurth. On this day our future warriors will prove their strength in the Colosseum." 


Abúye: (shakes head in annoyance.) "I know all that already. What I want to know is why do I have to be their." 


Durlock: "You know why. Abúye you are the strongest warrior amongst the Zot'an people, it is your duty to stand and be witness to the new crop. To our future."


Durlock was right, Abúye already knew the reason he was walking these streets. Today would be a new beginning for many young warriors, they would obtain the most ancient power. The power of Vurth was a power that all Zot'an people had deep within their souls. It was pure energy that strengthened their bodies to the limit, allowing them to shatter mountains, split the green oceans and even defy gravity and fly through the sky. 


Durlock: "Abúye no Zot'an warrior has been blessed with the power of Vurth like you..." 


Abúye: "No! No one has trained as hard as I, training that I want to get back to. This holiday is a waste of time!" 


Durlock: "What's wrong Abúye? Your attitude has to be about a lot more than just this Holiday."


Abúye: "I just want to do more. I train everyday seeking greater power, but why? What do I train for, entertainment?" 


Durlock: "You make peace sound like a horrible nightmare." 


Abúye: "For the strong it might as well be. This planet hasn't experienced a true war in a long time... Not since the 10 tribes had merged into one."


Durlock: "Abúye what exactly do you want?" 


Abúye: "Durlock what I want more than anything is a worthy opponent, to fight." 


The ground without warning shook violently beneath the peoples feet, throwing all to the ground. 


Durlock: "What's happening?! (Looks around in shock.) 


Abúye: "Durlock look up at the sky."


***


The Crimson Devourer hovered before her prize that glowed like an emerald star in the darkness. She smiled devilishly as she used her all seeing eyes to look out amongst the crowd of microbes who littered this small world the size of dust. 



Crimson Devourer: (Thinks to herself.) ["I wonder I should I play with my new toy? Should I shrink down to the size of a mountain and crush some of their cities, or maybe I should make this little things worship me for a few centuries before destroying it. Decisions decisions.] 


Crimson Goddess was lost in thought as she thought about the fun she was about to have, at this moment the Crimson goddess saw something racing towards her from the corner of her eye. 


Crimson Devour: ["Whats that?] 

*** 


Abúye's heart was racing as his eyes fell on the gigantic being that was filling the sky. The rest of his Zot'an Brothers panicked as they ran towards their homes and held their families in their arms. Some brave warriors held on tight to their weapons as they prepared for battle  but even this instruments of war shook violently in their hands. 


Abúye shook with excitement as he unsheathed his crimson blade of Zot'an steel. This was his time, this is what he was training for.



Durlock: (Grabs ahold of Abúye's shoulder.) "Abúye what are you doing?! We have to run!"


Abúye: "Run? And you call yourself a warrior. I won't run Durlock, no I will fight that beast." 


Durlock couldn't believe what Abúye was saying. Durlock wasn't blind, he understood how dangerous this monster really was. The very world was shaking just from her presence alone. Durlock could smell this monster in the wind as hurricanes rushed all around the cities.  This was a battle they could not win. 


Durlock: "Please Abúye. Please see reason before it's to late."


Abúye listened not to his friends pleas all he cared for was the battle that was to come.


Abúye's body began to glow with a white light as a smile decorated his face. 


Abúye: (looks at Durlock.) "Durlock I'm Sorry." 


Abúye looked at his friend with sorrowful eyes. This was the only thing he could say. Before His body was lifted high into the air, by a power that was his to command.


Durlock: "Abúye! Don't do this!" 

*** 


The crimson Titan looked at the little light that floated before her face. 


Crimson Devourer: (Smiles.) "What do we have here?" 


She could see him from within the bright white light, a man the size of a small speck of dust. The Crimson Devourer looked down on this speck with cruel uncaring eyes. 


The small speck held a bright red sword that shined in the darkness, and he smiled widely as he faced the gargantuan being.


Crimson Devourer: ["You smile while facing me little thing."] 


The Goddess spoke from within the warriors mind. She held back her thoughts, not wanting to kill the little thing to soon. 


Abúye: "I challenge you monster! Fight me and die!" 


Crimson Devourer: (Shocked) "Is this little insect serious?" (Smiles.) "This is going to be fun." 

***

Author notes: Please support my work on Patreon for early access to new chapters. https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234

Chapter End Notes:

Author notes: Please support my work on Patreon for early access to new chapters. https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234