- Text Size +

     Nick and Beth were hanging out with their friends on Saturday night, for what was supposed to be an evening of casual drinking and fun between the two couples. But as was common with Tyler and Ashley when they got drunk, it soon evolved into a series of trash talking about each others’ heights. Nick and Beth were definitely an attractive looking couple, but their biggest downfall was their height: 4’11 and 4’10, respectively. It was frustrating enough to always be the shortest adults in the room, but the real kicker was how tall their friends were. Now seniors in college, the four of them had been good friends with each other since freshman year, so there was no question over their bond. But at 6’3, Ashley was a foot and a half taller than her friend Beth, and Tyler’s advantage over Nick was even larger at 6’6. Tyler and Ashley were fun, and fairly nice most of the time, but their worst attribute was how much they liked to parade their height over other people. Which was always at its worst when it came to Nick and Beth because of how stark their difference in sizes was. Tyler had remarked on more than one occasion while drunk that Nick was lucky to have found Beth, since “most girls would never give him a chance at his size.” And Ashley had mentioned to Beth a few times how fit Beth was, but if she had been the same size as Ashley, she’d always be at the perfect height to rub her boobs in her little boyfriend’s face. But instead, she wasn’t even a full five feet, which apparently meant that her “cute butt was practically a waste since nobody can notice it.”

     They definitely weren’t kind things to say, but they got flak from almost everyone because of their height. So through the years, they’d just put up with it. And now they were here at their friends’ apartment, nervously sipping on their drinks as their friends got more and more intoxicated. “You lil munchkins sure you don’t want anything else to drink?” Tyler asked with a giggle, nearly stumbling back to the couch before crashing in his seat next to Nick. “Look, even my beer is bigger than yours!” he said, holding his bottle up against the can Nick was nursing. He started laughing a lot harder than felt appropriate, but gave his friend a noogie on his head. “Ahhh, I’m just messin’ with ya,” he chuckled, letting out a burp.

     In the kitchen, Ashley had just cracked open her sixth beer, causing Tyler to turn his head at the sound and beam a bright smile. “Hey babe, look at you go! You finished a whole six-pack all on your own,” he announced proudly. Ashley bit her lip giddily and raised her bottle in the air, bobbing her head along to the song playing in the background as she made her way back over into the living room.

     “Buuuuut, you guys are still only on your first. Is that all you can fit in your little tummy?” she pointed out to Beth, who sighed at the pressure her friend was putting on her and her boyfriend. “I think you guys need to speed up,” she added, then let out a loud, bellowing burp.

     “Or maybe you guys could slow down,” Beth replied quietly.

     “Whyzat? What’s the rush?” Tyler asked, his speech almost slurring.

     “Exactly, there’s no rush,” Nick said, backing up his girlfriend. But his reply only made Tyler more confused, as he wasn’t able to process that what he said was the opposite of what he meant. Nick rolled his eyes but laughed at how stupid his friend was at the moment. “Jeez, it’s a headache trying to socialize when you guys are so wasted.”

     Ashley’s eyes widened, “Yeeesss, that’s what we’ve been saying you guys! Your little brains finally caught up,” she laughed, eliciting another huff of frustration out of Beth. “Come on Nick, hup hup,” Ashley said, extending her arm below to Nick. “Let’s get another round for ya.” Nick glanced over at Beth and hesitated, but he was running out of drink and needed a fresh one anyways. So he smiled and grabbed ahold of Ashley’s hand. Ashley was fairly strong from being on the cheerleading squad, so when she yanked him up, he got pulled with so much force that his face ended up ramming into her giant tits. And not just lightly brushing against them; he was thrust against them so hard that his head bounced back off, and her boobs jostled from the impact. The room was silent for a second, before she broke out into laughter, and Tyler joined in, howling at the situation as Nick blushed awkwardly. Ashley was so drunk that she didn’t care, even if it hadn’t been an accident, and Tyler didn’t feel threatened since he knew that his girlfriend would never go for someone as small as his friend.

     Beth stood up indignantly, angry that Ashley would do to Nick the very thing she’d said Beth wasn’t able to do at her size, stuff her boobs in Nick’s face. She knew it was probably an accident, but it didn’t matter. “OK, I think you guys are drunk enough for tonight and it’s getting kinda late anyways, so me and Nick are gonna go now,” she said, grabbing Nick’s free hand and pulling him away from Beth as they headed towards the door to put their shoes on.

     “Oh come on, guys! Don’t be such prudes,” Tyler scoffed.

     “Yeah,” Ashley chimed in, “you know it was an accident right?”

     “We know, it’s... it’s fine, don’t worry about it,” Beth lied. “We’ll see you guys next week, OK?”

     The two of them rolled their eyes as Ashley collapsed on the couch next to her boyfriend. “Whatever. Bye I guess,” she groaned, as Beth and Nick took their leave to head home.

*    *    *    *    *    *

     The next day, Beth had headed to the university’s library to get some work done on a project for one of her classes. She took a seat at one of the open tables, and glanced at the book someone had left behind next to her. It looked decades older than most of the other books in the library, with a fringed spine that was losing its color, but a beautiful, intricately patterned cover that displayed its title in a language she didn’t recognize. Interested, she picked it up and thumbed through it to see if it had been labeled by the school system, but there weren’t any library markings inside the cover, or anywhere else in the book from what she could see. It wasn’t a novel though; the pages were filled with various drawings, along with what looked like labels, footnotes, and descriptions in whatever language the book was in. Whatever the book was interested Beth far more than the idea of having to work on her school assignments, so she looked around to make sure its owner wasn’t nearby or coming back, and stuffed the book into her backpack before turning around to leave again and head home with her newest acquisition.