- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Special thanks to Pixis for editing this.
“Your Highness!” cried Colonel Sherwood. No reply, his words simply echoed in the empty throne room ominously. He rushed upstairs to the king’s bedroom opened the door and found the king sitting on his bed holding a royal cavalry submachine gun.
“Sire?” Sherwood asked.
“Yes?” replied the king grimly.
“I’ve come to report that the—”
“Yes, I know I can see from my own window.”
Sherwood looked outside. Even from a distance the battle was unpleasant to look at. He got a full view of the damage the Sturmgewehr’s artillery barrages were causing. He turned to the king and asked, “What are you doing with that weapon?”
“I figured if I’m going to die, I’ll do it fighting Klaus and his cronies”
“With all do respect, sire,” said Sherwood. “I do not think that would be wise.”
“Why not?” asked the king “We’re all going to die anyway.”
“Well, for one you’re the king.”
“Of a dying kingdom.”
“Not so, sire, we can win this!”
“You don’t seriously believe that, do you?” replied the king coldly. “We are outnumbered, outgunned and outsmarted; the only thing we can do is fight and die.” He picked himself up, holding the submachine gun in his hands, and marched out of his bedroom.
“Sire, where are you going?” asked Sherwood.
“I’m going to join them,” replied the king.
“Wait up,” Sherwood called out as he too exited the bedroom.


The two of them maneuvered their way through the ravaged city. Flaming debris and bloody human remains littered the streets while exploding shells continued to shake the city. Dying people crawled on the pavement crying out in agony. The king felt horrible for ignoring their plight but he pressed on with Sherwood until they reached the city’s wall and climbed up the ladder to the defense platform. Soldiers fired their weapons into the massive army they saw before them that was filled with soldiers, tanks and cavalrymen. The king joined his men firing into the massive force below.
“Sinclair, report!” called put Sherwood. A grizzled 40 year old Major with a light machinegun walked over and replied, “52 more dead, 213 more wounded.”
“I see.”
“That’s all you can say?” snapped Sinclair and walked past him and saw the king firing away with his submachine gun.
“Sire, with all due respect, what the hell are you doing here?”
“Joining you in battle,” replied the king.
“In that case could you please take over command? Sherwood’s blind optimism is killing us.”
“Silence, soldier,” Sherwood fired back. “We are going to win this battle one way or another.”
“Sir,” Sinclair replied. “We’re hopelessly outnumbered; the wall is being cut to shreds, for all we know our loved ones are no longer with us. Face facts, sir, we’re going to die whether you like it or not!”
“Nonsense, we can wi—” Before Sherwood could finish, an artillery shell exploded near him, scattering his flesh and bone into the air like confetti.
“I rest my case,” said Sinclair.
“Fall back into the city,” he shouted to his troops.

Klaus stood on top of an armored car and observed through his binoculars. He saw that one by one the soldiers on the wall began to dissipate until the wall was deserted.
“Excellent,” he said to himself. He activated the speaker on the top of the cars and said, “Move the siege towers into position.”
“Yes.”
Four 90 ft tall wheeled rectangular monoliths began to move forward towards the wall. Soldiers and tanks quickly moved out of way. The towers lurched closer and closer when all of the sudden two boulders fell out of the sky. One knocked down a siege tower; the other crushed several Sturmgewehr soldiers. Klaus turned and saw a familiar large humanoid female figure approach at alarming speeds.
“It’s back,” he snarled and turned to his army and shouted through the speaker, “We have company.”
Four of the largest tanks faced the giantess and fired but the giantess swiftly dodged their fire power. She ran to the nearest tank, slammed her hand in it and she proceeded to use the tank as a punching glove to destroy the other three tanks. She then took her hand out of her tank glove and threw it at the soldiers firing at her. She continued to stomp forward; picking up clumps of soldiers and throwing them at a distance. Klaus manned the car’s machine gun turret and shouted to the driver. “Get me as close as possible”
“Yes sir.” The car started and drove forward into the battle. Klaus aimed the guns for the giantess’ head and fired. The bullets grazed her and they caught her attention. She ripped the top off a smaller tank and used it as a club to smash out the machineguns. Klaus yanked out his revolver and fired. A few tank shells managed to hit her but they merely scarred her. She continued to give them a massive beating until Klaus then got on the barely functioning speaker and shouted, “Retreat, leave the wounded, fall back!”
The soldiers and vehicles quickly evacuated the battle field.
“She robbed me of victory again,” he snarled to himself.
As she watched the army fade into the distance, she collapsed to the ground exhausted.

Raquel, in her haze of exhaustion and lightheadedness began to hear voices.
“She’s dead,” one of them said.
“She can’t be,” said another.
“Well, she’s not moving.”
“What’ll we do if she is dead?” another voice asked.
“I don’t know,” another voice replied.
Raquel began push herself up and the voice grew more anxious.
“She’s moving!”
“Impossible!”
“I don’t believe it.”
“She’s still alive.”
She fully opened her eyes and was greeted with the sound and sight of humans
cheering her on as she arose. The sight was so heartwarming that she couldn’t help but shed a tear of happiness. Her old friend King Tillinghast approached her smiling with the rest of them.
“My dear Raquel a million thank you’s for returning and saving us from the Sturmgewehr.”
She picked up her friend and held him close.
“You owe me,” she said jokingly and kissed him.
Chapter End Notes:
Please leave comments and enjoy the story.