- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Be sure to check out Bantoras's incredible art accompanying this piece here: https://www.deviantart.com/bantoras/art/Kawakrushy-Page-1-897204337

Kek15

The street was populated by nothing except dust, debris, paper, and a single car that sought to navigate through it all. It had little plan of where to go, only an intense need to get away from that. Even now as it narrowly avoided a fallen piece of building, it knew that a fate far worse awaited it should the driver ease off the gas by even the tiniest fraction of an…



Boom.



Faster.



BOOM!



Faster, dammit!



BOOM!



Not fast enough.



Despite flooring it, operating at maximum speed, the car found itself too slow. After all, it’s a trivial pursuit for even a child to outrace many toy cars, and as the adult-woman’s bare, pale foot descended upon the hot roof of the automobile, one could glean in her eyes a similar, child-like glee. A fire as her sole crunched the roof and hood, shattered the glass, popped the tires, and compressed the individual at the wheel until…



CRUUUUNCH!



Motor oil and blood mingled together on the cracked asphalt as Sadayo Kawakami ground her foot even harder into the street. Looking down and surveying the wreckage, she smirked, saying with a voice that rivaled the thundering of the gods, “My, my! You were going far too fast for that, and you didn’t even have a hall pass? Sighhhh~ I guess that’s why I had to send you to detention.” This was, of course, a grimly humorous taunt. Kawakami may have been a schoolteacher in a previous life, but her days of grading papers, passing out assignments, and even moonlighting as a Victorian maid… those were over. And the society that had forced her to do all this, grinding her under their heel, relentlessly, mercilessly… now that Kawakami could out-size skyscrapers, she thought it only fair to repay the fate she once languished under in kind. Tenfold.



Smirking, Kawakami spared nary a thought to the vehicle she had just snuffed out beneath the immaculate foot. It wasn’t the first – the smoking wreckage of the downtown area behind her could attest to that. She merely desired more toys to play with, more city to crush, more people to subjugate. She had only just recently achieved this new size, after all, and she didn’t want to waste even a single moment of it.



“Oh?” boomed Kawakami. She practically sneered as she observed from the burning husk a figure barely attempting to crawl our from the wrinkled, detached door. And with a slight shift of her foot, he was completely destroyed.



“Can’t have that can we?” said Kawakami as she giggled, allowing her inner childlike whimsy to come out as the reality of her unlimited power continued to intoxicate her.



Kawakami took in a deep, all-encompassing breath, one that buried the city in the wispy din of her exaltation. She then exhaled in rapturous delight, smiling as she straightened her skirt of the dust and minute scorches, and she surveyed her domain. With each breath of air she took, Kawakami’s complete and utter confidence in herself – and mounting disdain for the minuscule world she had quite literally grown to occupy – was reinforced.



“Anyway… where was I?” said Kawakami, tapping her foot and creating tremors that registered on the Richter scale.



Such tremors were taken notice of by the occasional fleeing car, launching itself from the chaos and terror, the fastest of which already managing to make an escape from the wrath of the cruel schoolteacher. A temporary escape, but an escape all the same. Such insects were usually beneath the notice of a titan like Kawakami, at least in this current form. Barely worth toying with. Their very existence annoyed her, and even more so the fact that whenever they showed up, she could seldom catch them before outmaneuvering her.



But not so the next target.



Limping along, barely managing to teeter on its six wheels total, the Toei Bus, filled with any number of twitching, shaking people and one terrified bus driver, found its formerly-clear path past the giant’s legs blocked by a titanic, insurmountable, fleshy obstacle.



CRASHHH!!!



The passengers lurched forward, some hitting the seats in front of them, some falling to the floor, all of them with their hearts in their chests. Those who glanced out the windows could only wince as the absolution of the schoolteacher’s two titanic legs reached up into the sky, casting them in a shadow as Kawakami deigned to grace these insects with her direct acknowledgment.



“Now where do you think you’re going, huh? You should’ve learned from the example of your little buddy over there!” – she jerked her head to the flattened heap of scrap, still smoldering a ways down the street, before crouching down just a bit, bringing her giant fuzzy head of hair closer to witness the complete and utter terror with which her new subjects were forced to regard her, up close.



With a delighted venom, Kawakami continued, “And now you’re going to pay the price.”



For a moment, neither of the pair moved. Kawakami simply judged them, sneering with the disgust with which she now regarded most humans, awaiting the jittery high that had come to possess her when she had the opportunity to snuff lives out – especially many at once.



“Now going to try to escape? Not even try to leave the bus? That’s pretty much a coffin, now, don’t you know? I admit, that does take some guts.”



Then she lifted her foot and stomped the bus flat. She started with her heel first, at the very back of the vehicle, before bringing the rest of her foot down with a world-ending SMACK!



It buckled, just a bit, as the glass shattered and the passengers leapt for one another in their final moments, before the roof and floor were smashed together like a panini press. Kawakami’s long, pale foot was at just the perfect size to decimate the public transportation vehicle.



“Heh… that bus was always late anyway,” Kawakami quipped, rising up once again and taking her stately place amongst the skyscrapers. The tallest only barely managed to reach her sternum.



“You know… you’ve got some nerve making buildings almost as tall as me!”



And with a single, manicured hand, Kawakami thrust it into the facade of the building, letting the glass and steel and rebar give away like paper as it swished through its face, round and round. The skyscraper’s occupants fled in terror as the hand obliterated the rooms, offices, apartments, restaurants, nothing was safe. But worst yet, was that as the hand swept its way through, it was collecting more and more stragglers, unable to run, or having simply run out of places to run to.



“Mmmmm…” said Kawakami, retracting her hand. In her pale pinkish palm, several dozen people were piled up, pleading and begging at Kawakami, raised eyebrow and all.



“Today… was a good day to skip breakfast.”



And as she reared her head back, Kawakami mentally counted each body that descended through the air onto her awaiting tongue. One, two, three, she thought, on occasion allowing the stream to lessen and giving her a chance to swallow, those still-live bodies squirming so delectably as they descended down her throat. Until finally…



“Twenty-eight, and… wait a second… that can’t be… it is! Ms. Chouno?!”



Dangling in the schoolmarm’s fanciful grip, her tan-skinned squabbled and swung and tried to use her free hand to claw her way up and achieve a better hold on Kawakami’s thumb and forefinger.



“What luck!” Kawakami continued, bringing her other finger and drawing it along Chouno’s dress, as the woman screamed in terror.



Kawakami? I-Is that you?!”



“Who else?” Kawakami’s voice at this distance was deafening, and her breath fresh from devouring scores of innocents, was deadening. “And don’t think I’ve forgotten… you made working at Shujin a Hell for me any chance you got… so I’m going to send you to my own personal Hell,” she finished, a dark glimmer in her eyes as Chouno shook her head tearfully.



“No… no… I’m sorry, I’m sorry!!” she shrieked, but Kawakami chose not to listen as she tilted her head back one last time and let go. Chouno fell tears in her eyes flinging off her face as she flipped and scrambling through the air, landed directly on Kawakami’s bottom lip before being subsumed by her upper mandible and summarily swallowed, sealing her away for eternity.



Kawakami burped, before saying, “Twenty-nine! Hah… I just swallowed twenty-nine people! That must be a record,” Kawakami laughed at the statement before feeling a stinging pop explode on her backside.



“What the – ?” she asked, turning around. Positioned at the nearest intersection, a police blockade had been set up. Cop cars were aligned, and individual officers were aiming and firing their weapons at the monster-like woman right now.



“Ouch!” she yelped as another pop stung just beneath her eye. Stinging from the impact and covering her face with her forearm, Kawakami growled, “That hurt… and to think I was being nice before… but if you want to play… I know a game we can play.”



Kawakami then began to crouch, lowering her profile before launching herself down the street. Her massive, quaking steps were enough to collapse several nearby structures, including the already compromised skyscraper, descending into a cloud of dust as Kawakami jogged, enveloping her and the entire square. But her footfalls were ever present, and seemed to only be getting closer and closer to the officers, who made a belayed command to retreat. However –



“Bombs away!”



Kawakami’s footfalls stopped, and in the storm of dust, an eclipse formed. Those officers only had a brief moment to look up before, in the ensuing darkness, they could just barely see the white of the teacher’s frilly lace panties beneath her gray skirt that flapped in the wind.



CRASH-OOOOOOM!



The impact immediately did away with the dust, clearing the area. Beneath her, several exploded cars brought scant amounts of heat to her ample derriere, and Kawakami giggled as she felt the warmth of the human blood bags pop, trickling outward and into the gutters of the destroyed street.



There, on the roadway overlooked by a minuscule amount of buildings that still stood, Kawakami propped herself up and glanced beneath her bum, smiling at the completely flattened cop cars as well as the people that failed to escape from them in time. Lifting her foot, she saw a similar sight, and sighed in rapture as she rubbed the blood and viscera from her soles.



“A girl can get used to this,” she said, before bringing her hand up to her mouth to cover a yawn that vibrated through every power line in the block. “I think I’ll stay here… just for a bit,” she said. Kawakami reclined, propping her head on her arms as she leaned back and using them as a pillow in replacement of the hard ground.







...







RRRRRRRRRRR!!!



The van swerved through both buildings, fleeing people, police, and dust and debris that floated through the air. At the wheel, a sweating Makoto refused to take her foot off the gas, even as her fellow female teammates attempted to brace themselves by holding onto any item that was nailed down in the cabin.



“You don’t think we can go just a bit slower?!” Ann shrieked. “I think Futaba’s going to hurl!”



“We all are!” Haru opined, covering her head as the dash ornament flew from its resting place and barely dodging Haru’s face.



“Wait!” Makoto yelled to nobody, slowing the camper to a crawl as a night-like shadow was gradually falling upon them. “It’s… it’s quiet…”



SLAAAAM!!!



From up above, Kawakami bit her lip in bliss and ecstasy as she looked at the puny tin can of a camper that was enveloped of the clutched between her feet, requiring all her focus to not simply crush it into a sheet of aluminum foil then and there.



“What the?!” Makoto shrieked as her fingernails reflexively bore into the leather steering wheel, looking around her as the interior of the vehicle was getting more and more compressed and dented by whatever outside force was causing this. Through the darkness and dust ahead of the rear windshield, Makoto gasped as she realized she could just barely make out… panties. The shadow was being cast by the massive woman’s open skirt, blotting out absolutely everything before them.



“What’s going on – ” Haru screamed, jumping to protect Futaba as the van quaked and everyone in the cab was thrown around haphazardly like lottery balls.



“I she-she’s, I-I-I, she’s – !!” Makoto stuttered, slamming her foot on the gas but unable to properly put into words her terror.



RRRRRRRRRRR!!!



The wheels of the van spun and spun, turning helplessly in the air as it was lifted off the ground. On either side of the cab, clutching it with the force of the world’s largest vice grip, were Kawakami’s feet. Her toes tightened, and their immense, immaculate nails began to peak at the rear-view mirror.



“L-LOOK!” Futaba screamed, turning to point at those toes as darkness enveloped the cab and Kawakami’s feet had truly clutched the group into a dark, compressing prison, the only light barely streaming through the front of the RV.



Kawakami looked down with a mirthful grin at her captives, only able to imagine the kind of terror they must be feeling. Down through the windshield of the vehicle, she could just barely make out the minuscule form of Makoto, determined with futile desperation to get the vehicle moving even as it was lifted up and suspended in the air. Kawakami observed with detached satisfaction as Makoto was joined by her associates and they all began to panic.



ACH!” Makoto shrieked and ducked as the various windows began to fold and crackle inward, and she turned to her group and barked out:



Everybody, we need to –”



Makoto’s command never made it to completion as the van was suddenly overcome and compressed by the magnitudinous feet of their former teacher. The shattering glass was like murder on their ears, and each of the Phantom Thief girls only had enough time to glance at one another, horror and fear apparent in their eyes, watching as the walls on either side closed in like a trash compactor. Little slits of either side wall were ripped apart from the stress, allowing slivers of light to leak into the chaotic space as the Phantom Ladies collectively broke down.



“Hold me!” Futaba screamed, curling up and covering her ears as the pairs of seats began to press into her body and her fellow team leapt to console her. “H-H-H-Hold – ”



CRUSSSSH!!!



For good measure, Kawakami then rubbed her soles against one another before finally pulling them apart, saying “Maybe that’ll finally teach you girls not to meddle.” Slats of metal and tiny shards of glass fell from between them, as well as indeterminate masses of congealed blood and viscera, joining the remains of the others who had fallen beneath her world-ending soles. And she reclined once again, allowing her eyes to close and doze off for just a bit. She wanted to be well-rested for tomorrow; she would have an entire full day of crushing after all.

And so, Kawakami began to sleep, allowing the cocktail of blood and motor oil that was smeared on her feet to drip into the cracked and shattered street beneath her footsteps.

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed!