- Text Size +

He loved her. She was kind and considerate at all times, and took care of him on every one of his visits.

Apart from that, he found Moynie’s conversations with him flowed naturally, as he told her one day, while they were having a celebration picnic, to commemorate six months since the day Edith had first introduced them to eachother.

“I always find everything you say so interesting,” said Denny.

“That’s one thing that makes you so nice,” said Moynie, “You listen to what I say, and then weeks later you’ll tell me something yourself, that was sparked off by what I’d said to you. It shows that you’ve taken an interest in everything I’ve told you about myself.”

“You’ve been so nice to me too,” said Denny, “You’ve always come over to Edith’s house to collect me, and brought the rug and all the food. I’ve never had so much of the best food before, and not had to eat it sparingly.”

“That’s why I asked you what your favourite foods were at our first picnic, so that I could always be sure to bring them for you,” said Moynie.

“Well it’s very kind of you. I’m too small to be able to bring you anything nice to eat.”

“I don’t think you’re too small,” said Moynie, “I have my birthday dinner coming up in a few weeks’ time. Your size is perfect for me to gobble you down whole.”

“Do you mean, like … you’d eat me for your birthday dinner?” he asked.

“Exactly. You were very nice to lick that day, when you had the punch on you. Thank you for suggesting that back then. This time, I can lick you while you’re already clean, enjoy the taste, and then put you into my mouth and swallow you.”

For weeks and weeks, he’d wondered how he’d have the chance to touch her tongue while it was completely clean, and now she had just announced her desire to give him an exceptionally good chance to experience that … and significantly more.

“So you’re really going to eat me.”

“Yes, for sure. I’ve been thinking about it for a long time, and waiting for a suitable special occasion. My birthday dinner will be an ideal one.”

“It will be so special for me too. I’ve been trying to think of a way to touch your tongue, ever since I first saw you eat something on our first picnic. I actually only pretended to fall into the punch bowl, so that I could have an excuse to ask you to lick me, and then I thought of helping to put the fruit pieces in your mouth afterwards.”

“You should have said something.”

“Well it’s going to work out well now anyway.”

“You can stay here with me until my birthday,” she said.

“I’d love that very much,” said Denny.

It didn’t trouble him at all, that she had simply announced her plan without seeking his approval, because he was so elated. As far as he was concerned, she was doing something wonderful for him, because she thought it was wonderful herself.