- Text Size +
Unwise Investment

By: Sage of Stars



It was supposed to be perfect. She was away for the day, her job having called her up to come back into the office. Something about a system crash. That was fine by you. Shannon loved her job, and even when it did this, she liked to help, so you had the house to yourself for the day. Normally, for a guy living with his girlfriend, you paid part of the rent, but this had been her home first, a free day meant simply laying on the couch, watching something on the TV for hours, and just lazing about the whole time.

Today was different however, because just the other day you’d gotten something in the mail you’d been waiting for for more than a year. You’d paid for it in five installments of about one hundred euros, each, with a bit more on the last one for shipping, but it had finally paid off, as the guy you’d been ‘donating’ the money too, finally completed his research, sending you and more than a dozen others, a copy of his invention, sealed in a plastic bag, but all ready to use the instant you opened it, with handy instructions.

The thing looked like one of those high tech injectors off Star Trek or something, and the guide to using it included a picture of someone putting it up to their neck, and then pulling the trigger, followed by a small list of things about what the process did, including some stuff about energy reactions, cellular compression, and even neutrino dissimilation, as well as a formula at the bottom that dealt with thermal currents, and a small map of the brain with some electrical stuff written on it.

The end result of all that, however, was a shrink ray, of sorts. It didn’t work on non-organic stuff, so shrinkers would be naked when shrunk, which wasn’t too much of a problem. It also had a small dial on the side that included a percentage value, and a timer, as digital readouts on the handle. Set it to how much you wanted, and then how long you wanted to be shrunk, and then pull the trigger against your neck, and poof, you were a tiny person.

According to the guy, he’d developed this as a transportation helper, as animals for food could now be stored small, and then grown back later, or even be kept small through regular hits with it, so that the land to graze them on need be only as large as a single bedroom or so. Of course, he’d gotten his funding from sources that were less traditional, and he’d been adamant about the fact that humans could use them safely, but that shrinking yourself down was probably not a smart idea unless you took precautions.

Well, the house was empty, they’d sprayed for bugs last week, and with the good stuff too, so you were pretty sure there was nothing creepy or crawly to get you. There were no pets. You’d been discussing getting either a cat or a dog, but neither you nor Shannon had the patience for an animal right now, especially with your jobs taking both of you out of the house sometimes, especially late nights or early mornings.

With that in mind, you decided to do it, and started to fiddle with the dials on the thing. You remembered that old movie, Inner Space, as you did it, thinking that one percent was way too small, at least, for interacting with anything, and besides, at that size you might just get hit by the pesticides that killed off the bugs that might still be around. You didn’t want to be too big though, and started to fiddle with it a little bit, before getting out a calculator.

Dividing your height by one hundred, you then found out how much that was, and then played with it, a bit, before deciding on about two-three centimeters. That would be a good height. After all, most of those stories you read on the net had the tiny guys at two inches, and this was only about half that, so you should be okay, with the added benefit of seeing the world at one hell of an upward angle. So thinking, you set the dials, and then pulled the trigger.

And then sat there feeling like a fool for a few minutes, on your bed, wearing nothing at all. It seemed the powers of this little device had been a bit exaggerated, and after about eight minutes had passed, you feel a grumbling inside your stomach, reminding you that you hadn’t had lunch today, you and Shannon having spent an hour at lunchtime together doing…well things that couples did when they were alone in their house for the first time in a week.

Getting up, you made your way toward the kitchen, only just remembering to put the device back in the box, and then slip it into a hiding place you’d found in the back of a desk you’d bought a few years back from a garage sale. At first you’d thought the space, a little cubby hole behind a drawer, to be some kind of a flaw in the making of the desk, but using it over the years, first for dirty magazines, and then later for money, or various goods you wanted kept out of sight, you realized it was an intentional hiding place, that wouldn’t be noticed from outside.

With the shrinking device stored away, you walked toward the kitchen, wondering idly if it might just be a defective copy, and if you might get the developer to send you a new one sometime. That train of thought, just as you made it into the kitchen, was interrupted by a turning over of your stomach, making you feel like you were about to hurl, and causing you to haunch over, holding the counter, before everything suddenly went black.

When you awoke, it was to a chill running through your whole body, which took you by surprise for a moment, until you got up, and looked around. Up, being a relative term, as your vision showed you things that your mind could only barely make sense of. As it was, you stood there, stark naked, for almost a full minute, before you figured out what had actually happened, and then whooped for joy at it, running around and then moving toward a nearby bread box.

The shrink ray had worked. It had just taken awhile, probably somewhere in the instructions it had said something about that, but you’d rushed through them, which you admonished yourself for, intending when this was over to take a better look at them, so that next time you could plan this out a bit better. The blacking out wasn’t part of the deal you’d read either, but a quick look at the clock showed no real time had passed, just a few seconds, and you figured it was okay.

So, here you were, shrunk on your kitchen counter, looking up at the various devices that, not a moment ago, had been merely waist high to you, but now towered upward into the heavens. A simple bread box was now the size of an aircraft hanger, making it a challenge for you to climb it, but you wanted to see the view from the top, staring down from a mountain, at an alien landscape made up of objects you could once hold in your hand easily.

The climb took a much shorter time than you expected, and for a moment you wondered if the shrinking process had messed with your muscles or something, but then you gazed at the sights, and it was breathtaking. Of course, the view didn’t distract you from a sudden loud sound, and turning around sharply, you saw the front door open, and the form of Shannon silhouetted by the sunlight behind her, came into the house.

“Hello?” was all she said, and you were blasted back. It wasn’t loud, oddly, not like you’d expected a giantess’ voice to be, but instead, you were struck by the backlash of wind her entrance had kicked up, laying on your back against the wooden bread box, and then going still as she came closer. This was not a position you wanted her to find you in, shrunk to a tiny size, and naked to boot, sitting on the kitchen counter. That wouldn’t do at all.

So you got still, and watched as she came toward you. As awestruck as you were by the simple view of the counter from on high, the view of the woman was just…well, there weren’t words to describe it that you knew. She was a goddess, a mountain of muscles and flesh, but moving with a grace that you would have equated with an angel, making your heart stop for a moment, as you thought of how much you loved this girl before you.

Then she got closer, and you wished your skin were more in tone with the color of the bread box, but at least it was only a shade or two off, making you hope you could stay hidden. Obviously, she was hungry herself, and hadn’t stopped for anything on her way to the office, or her way back, your climb having taken about twenty minutes, giving her plenty of time to finish her business there, and then come home, making you curse yourself for a fool at having set the timer for an hour.

A deep gurgling sound made you look down as she came into the kitchen, and you actually shuddered a bit, thinking about her stomach as she rubbed it with one hand, and then idly opened the fridge. Going through it, she fingered a couple of things, but after a while, seemed to decide that nothing on the shelves looked good, and so pulled out a small drawer from the bottom, where you two kept some things to makes sandwiches with.

“Oh crap,” you say to yourself as she turns toward the bread box, and you try and melt into the wood. It was bad enough that you were naked, and she was about to find you here, but the worst part was that she was going to find you, with a massive hard on. This whole situation, staring at her from an angle that was almost panty high, and her not being able to see you, was one hell of a turn on, and you wondered if she might let you play at being Antman, and climb inside her sometime.

Of course, during your little comic book induced sexual fantasy, you found the world rocking violently suddenly, and you rolled forward. Well, that is, forward in relation to the opening of the bread box, the movement of the thing enough to make you bounce toward it. Luckily, you didn’t roll off. Unluckily, the door for the bread box was one of those sliding up into the box types, and you were on it, so as soon as Shannon grabbed the bread, she slammed it shut, and you plummeted toward the counter below.

An odd bit of aero dynamics happened here, as you body, much lighter than it should be, was hit by the air displaced by the door impacting the groove where it was set, sent you flying forward, right toward your goddess. Another odd quirk was that Shannon choose that moment to breath out of her nose, downward, and so you were hit by a blast of air comparable to a hurricane force wind, that sent you down, right into the tub of stuff Shannon had gotten out of the fridge only moments previously.

The first thought, as you slowly pick yourself up and notice you’re on a broad sphere of green, that rolls off in all directions, is actually quite naturally, that you want to be seen. Thinking that, and trying to ignore your other thoughts of being frozen to death when the drawer is put back in the fridge, you start to shout your head off, waving your arms up at Shannon, who’s attention, after what you can only assume is her getting out two slices of bread, turns back toward the bin.

Her first grab is for a package of bologna, that she lifts free with ease, and causes you to shut up for its sheer power. The package, to you, is the size of a boat, and yet, she is easily able to lift it high overhead, and then out of sight, presumably opening it, as she quickly shoves a slice into her mouth, and you are treated to a view of her chomping on it, her jaw moving slowly around, with the sound of her teeth echoing over you, as her hand comes back into view, and descends right toward you.

Quick to realize she hasn’t seen you, you lay flat against the lettuce you’re on, trying to hold onto he leafy plant as it’s drawn up and out, giving you a good view of the counter, and the bread she’d already laid out, before a hideous tearing sound is heard, and you look over to see Shannon tearing off part of the head of lettuce. The part you’re on unfortunately, and then, rather than setting it down on the slice of bologna already on the bred, she lifts it up.

You then realize she’s tasting the ingredients, a habit of hers sometimes, though not every time. This time, however, she’s doing it, a fact that drops your heart into your feet as you hear a very deep, terrifying gulp, and look right next to you to see her throat bulge, and then ripple as the slice of bologna goes down it, before you’re lifted higher, and are suddenly staring into her mouth, as she pushes the small piece of lettuce inside it.

Quickly, you release your death grip on the plant. After all, you figure being inside her mouth and chewed to bits is less survivable than a thousand mile drop. So you let go, and plummet like a rock. There’s an odd sensation of the wind whistling all around you, but it’s over quickly enough that you don’t even get a bit of deafening, before you find yourself sitting on a broad plain again, this one stretching out in the color pink in all directions, and you look up to watch as Shannon chews on her mouthful of plant, before placing another leaf on top of you.

Knowing that the inside of a sandwich is probably not the best place to be for someone of your stature, you are quick to try and make an exit, but before you can get more than a few steps, a new weight slams down on top of your back, and then another, and finally you hear the squirting from a bottle. Sniffing the air, you identify the things above you as tomatoes, cheese, and mayo, which means that the next, almost crushing mass that slams into your back is the top slice of bread.

Screaming as loud as you can at Shannon to not eat you, you feel the world around you move like a roller coaster ride, but unfortunately, you are jammed inside the sandwich about as tightly, and can’t move at all as it’s carried off by Shannon. Trying you best to get loose, all you do is move a few micrometers from where you were, and then regret it as the world around you is suddenly filled with a crashing, tearing sound, and you find your face rubbed against sand paper.

The white, slightly slick, but hard as rock sand paper pulls back, and if you had anything inside your bladder, you probably would have added urine to the sandwich Shannon was holding, as she’d literally just missed tearing your head off with her first bite, as she pulls back and slowly begins to chew her mouthful, her jaws moving up and down like a grinder, before she swallows, the sound like a death knell of a church bell, before her mouth opens again, and it moves toward you.

It was a cavern of death. The soft flesh of her tongue and mouth, shimmering from the saliva that flowed like a river, was counter pointed by her teeth. Gleaming crags of doom, their hard surface, rough at your size, though flawless at hers, had almost the same sheen as a headman’s awe, with bits of their last victim still stuck between them, as the warm, wet wind of death blew over you, ruffling your hair, and making you sweat, even as you were forced into the gates of Hell.

That horrible crunching sound was all around you now, though more distant that before, as she bit into the sandwich somewhere behind you. The force of the bite was enough to raise the sandwich ingredients around you a bit, and so you pushed free from your prison, only to land with the sound of wet flesh slapping dry on her tongue, nearly drowning in her spit as it flows around you, carrying you first forward, toward her teeth, as her jar drops, and then backwards again, as it raises, and the crunching sound of her chewing fills the air.

Covering your ears against the sound, as you fight your way to the shore of her tongue, you stare at her teeth, boulders, rather than mountains, now that you are this close, but still large, and as they come loose, you see the fruit of their efforts, and when the tongue tries to push you between them as well, you scramble for any purchase you can find, rubbing your body against the surface of the slick, slimy, wet member beneath you.

“Mmm,” comes the blast of noise. As normal as her voice was outside her body, that simple moan of pleasure was like a bomb going off, and you cry out in pain, forgetting everything as you press your hands into your ears, only to get the wind knocked from your lungs as you slam into one of her teeth, which closes just over your head, reducing a bit of meat almost as thick as your body, into a paste that flows down around you, coating it.

Jumping away from this proves to be a bad idea, as you find yourself jammed up in Shannon’s throat, an act that does no go unnoticed by the girl herself, as she coughs a bit, nearly spitting out the contents of her mouth, while he throat muscles do their best to crush you. Then all at once you are blinded by the light of her mouth opening, only to have it darkened again an instant later, and you find yourself staring into the open mouth of a can of soda.

Being hit with a veritable flood of soda is an indescribable experience, like your first time having sex. It was everything you would imagine it to be, and a thousand things more besides. For an instant you are afraid of drowning again in the liquid, when the gulp sound, a deep, powerful noise, is heard through it, like some great quake, and you realize just how futile everything has become. Unable to feel the walls, you experience only a falling sensation as you are passed down your girl’s throat, until finally, you are dumped into her belly.

Freed from the throat, you expect to hit a stinging lake of acid, but of course, the soda hits first, and so the acid is pushed away, and you land instead in a lake of spit and caffeine. Not one to waste a moment when it may be all you have left, you quickly feel around for something, anything to grab onto in the pitch blackness of Shannon’s stomach, at last finding something floating on the surface of the liquid, and clawing your way onto it, just as a sizzling sound comes from the liquid below.

This is it, you think. Shannon ate you, and will probably never know it. She doesn’t even know about that little cubby hole, where the shrink thing was stored. You were just, to her, another morsel, and so you would remain. Listening to the sounds of her body, her heart beat, a rhythm that your’s began to match, her lungs, a roar that overrode everything, and finally, her gulping…gulping?! With a hideous crash, her next bite landed on you, and you knew no more.

Happy Ending

“Heh, awake yet?” came a voice from nearby, and you, startled to find anything to hear in the world of the dead, only try to jam your eyes shut more. The speaker apparently sees this, as suddenly you find yourself poked in your ribs, and your eyes shot open, to find yourself staring at Shannon, her body nude, and pressed against your’s, which you noted was in the same condition, the placement almost just right for the two of you to have some fun right after you woke up.

“Good, now, why don’t we enjoy this moment, before you tell me how it was you came to be on the living room floor naked, this afternoon?” she asked, kissing you. You could taste her breath a bit, and realized that she must have burped you out at the last second, before you went under. The soda mixed with the sandwich always did give her a bit of gas, and even when you were there, she wasn’t shy about using it. Smiling, you begin to think up what you’re going to tell her, even as you start to enjoy yourself.

Pet Ending

“Hey, are you up?” came a loud voice, and a second later, you found the world to be one of violent motions, as you sat straight up, and slammed into a set of iron bars, looking upward at a towering figure above you, who seemed to find your expression quite amusing, as she held something that looked like a hypospray in her hand.

“Heh, you know, you should really put this type of thing away better. Anyone who knows you can find it. Lucky for you I can, anyway,” said the voice, and you realize you’re staring up at Shannon.

“Lucky too this thing makes you pretty much invincible at those small sizes too. I wonder just what it would be like to have you in me while banging another guy,” she said, and you begin to see why you’re in a cage, and what she must have done to get you back. That at least means she’s not going to get rid of you yet, but the look in her eye makes you certain she’s also not planning on opening your cage door for a long time.

Hollywood Ending

And then something EXPLODES!!! For no discernable reason or purpose, other than it can. Also, aliens, who may or may not be giant robots, invade, the president is held hostage, the U.N. is powerless against a terroist demand, and complex political problems can be solved by beating the tar out of the guy who is so obviously a villain that he only needs a twirly mustache and a damsel tied to a railroad track to complete the image. Also, Bruce Campbell busts in with a chainsaw for a hand. Why? Well why not?

M. Night Shyamalan Ending

The shrink ray didn’t shrink you at all, it made everything else bigger. What a twist!