- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I decided to try to combine three things I love, giantesses, westerns, and science fiction into something I'm very pleased with. I hope you all enjoy it.
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

     David Glenn awoke from his deep sleep. He rubbed his sunken in brown eyes and then stretched his arms. He spent three months paying the rent for a room in an unpopular saloon in the middle of town where the sheriff was too chicken shit to do anything. The town was a breeding ground for every single kind of outlaw imaginable and he was the solution in the mind of the townspeople. The intruding morning sun beamed through his bedroom windows and illuminated his dusty bedroom. He stood to his feet and changed into his clothes which amounted to some old arms pants, black boots, messy white shirt, a plain black vest and brown Frock Coat. He then walked out of his room and downstairs to the bar. As he made his way down the steps he buried his hand in his pocket and took out fifty dollars.


"Shit," he said. "Shouldn't have spent the-"
I shouldn't have spent that money on beer, he thought to himself.
When he reached the bottom of the stairs he was greeted by Jonas the saloon's token Negro. He was an intelligent man and because of that he was hated by nearly everyone except for David and the town's preacher.


"David, we've got trouble," said Jonas.
"Thrill me," said David.
"The Train Rustlers are in town."
"What are they doing?" David asked.
"They're doing what they do best," replied Jonas. "Apparently I hear there's a re--"
Jonas was interrupted by the sound of Jim, the saloon's owner running into his establishment.
"David I need you," he cried out.
"Yes, I know, Jonas told me," said David as he made his up the stairs. He came back down stairs two minutes later, this time with an old brown hat on and his colt navy revolver in his holster.
"What's the price?" asked David.
"Well, the leaders both have a $7500 bounty on their heads."
"Say no more," said David and he promptly exited the saloon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     He knew about the train rustlers for some time and he was familiar with the two men who lead the gang, the Milch twins, Ted and Kyle. They worked in simple enough fashion. The gang would split up into two parties. One would go hijack a train, the other would wait at a train station to make sure no one would ambush the hijackers. When the two parties rejoin each other they make off with the stolen goods. As far as David could tell this was going on for five years non stop

 

As he approached the town's railway station he ducked behind the building and peered around the corner. There were thirteen men armed with revolvers and rifles standing side by side near the tracks. He ducked back and took off his hostler and placed it near the edge of the building. He walked around the building and marched up to the armed men. The men spotted him instantly and pointed their weapons at him.


"What the hell are you doing here?" their leader asked. David couldn't tell if it was Kyle or Ted given the fact they'd take turns leading the different groups.
"I'm just observing," said David.
"Observing what?" the group's leader asked. Before David could answer the man on the leader's right hand side quickly spoke up.
"Hey boss," he said. "Take a look there," and he pointed out into the desert beyond the railroad tracks. There was someone in the distance heading their way. Their leader took out a pair of binoculars and looked through them. Ten seconds later he drew the binoculars away from his face.
"It's a dame," he said and he then glared at David.
"Watch him closely," he snarled.
"Hey," said David "Who ever that is out there, I don't know who it is."
"Quiet you," their leader snapped. Suddenly the sound of a train whistle was heard.

 

The train came down the tracks with steam shooting out of its funnel madly. The train was carrying four passenger coaches and three boxcars. Thirteen more men piled out of the train with bags of money, jewelry and various wallets. The leaders of the two groups walked up to each other. The two of them were wearing the exact same clothes right down to the last detail. The man on the left turned his gun at David.


"Who the hell is that guy, Kyle?"
"I have no idea," his brother replied. "But I think he might be here for us."
"I see."
David glanced where he hid his holster. He felt stupid for not having it with him.
I should have just blown them all to hell, he thought to himself.
Ted then turned to the train engineer.
"Ok, get a move on," he said to the train's crew. The crew didn't respond, they just looked out the right hand window staring at something.
"I said move it!" Ted snapped. The crew then came to attention.
"Yes sir," the engineer stammered and they maneuvered the train out of the station.
"Now," said Kyle. "Lets kill this son of a--"
"Good God, look!" cried one of the men.

 

 They all turned to where he was pointing and they got a good look at the woman Kyle saw through binoculars. Only thing was that she was fifty feet tall, perhaps even larger than that. She was wearing jeans and a white button shirt that was doing its very best to conceal her bosom. She was wearing a hat not too different from David's which covered long hair that twinkled in the sunlight like silver. She also wore a duster that fluttered in the wind like a drying cloth on a clothesline. The woman tilted her head down at the Train Hustlers and glared at them with sky blue eyes. David quickly grabbed for his holster while the gang was distracted and hid behind the station's main building.


"Shoot her!" the Milch twins shouted and the whole gang fired their guns at her until their weapons were empty. David peered out from where he was hiding and saw the mysterious giantess was still standing there, tears in her clothes for sure but no blood. The gang in a panic began to reload their weapons when the giantess suddenly spoke.


"My turn," she said and she drew a revolver of her own. It was the size of a howitzer. The gang scattered. The giantess cocked her revolver and fired it into the fleeing thieves. The revolver made the sound of cannon going off and soon a patch of ground exploded sending four scattering into the air. The rest of the gang attempted to reload their weapons and fired at the giantess but to no avail. She picked them off with her weapon with little to no effort. The Milch twins and three other men piled into a horse drawn coach and road off away from the giantess passing David in the process. David drew his revolver and fired six shots into each of the coach's left axeles severing two of the wheels from the rest of the coach and sending it into a barrel roll. The giantess loomed over him and looked down. The look on her face had changed from one of menace to one of content.


"Nice shooting," she said in a friendly tone of voice.
"Thanks," replied David meekly. Shots rang out again and David turned to the coach where three of the thieves, two with Winchester rifles and one with a Remington revolver, fired their guns madly while trying to overcome the whiplash they suffered. David quickly began to reload his gun. Suddenly the sound of thunder returned and another explosion sent the three men flying. David looked up and saw the giantess holding her smoking revolver.


"Thanks again," he said as he finished reloading his revolver. The Milch twins then emerged holding their heads trying to regain their footing. When they did they emptied their weapons at her. When the shooting stopped, David turned to them and shook his head.
"Bad move, boys," he said. "Bad move," and fired three bullets into each of their bodies.
"Was that in case?" the giantess asked.
"Hey, I need my bounty," said David. "But since you helped me I'll split the money with you."
"Oh, no thanks," she replied. "I have no use for any Earth currency." David gave her a perplexed look.
"You're not around here, are you?" he asked. "Who are you and where do you come from?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "My name is Kasoni; I come from a world called Neraos." She began as David guided here into the town.
"My people have been observing your world for the past two centuries. I was stationed not too far from here to monitor your kind and I think some of your actions might have rubbed off on me."
"How is that?" David asked.
"I've observed many people both male and female alike going about their business and it was quite boring but then I saw the gunslingers. The way they dressed, the handling of their weapons, I just got it into my head that I wanted be one of them."
"Well, I've seen you managed that quite well," said David. "But how did you get all--?" he pointed at Kasoni's clothing and her weapon.
"Do you want the long version or short version?" she asked.
"Just tell me," replied David.
"You see, my people have machines called replicators that can more or less make anything from nothing."
"And it made all that for you."
"Basically," said Kasoni.
David nodded.
"Excuse me for a second," he said. "I need to get my bounty money here." And with that, he walked into a building with the words ‘Stallion Heights Bank' on the front.


Kasoni looked around the town and saw no one was peering out windows or even attempting to face her with weapons. But then she looked to the south and saw a man dressed all in black. The man had a fearless and pleasant look on his face as he approached her. His brown eyes seemed to look right into her soul.


"Well, you're a brave one," said Kasoni.
"Perhaps I am," replied the stranger. "The name's Henry Van Ford, I'm the town's Reverend and I just want to say that it is an honor to finally meet someone like you."
"Really?" asked a perplexed Kasoni.
"No lie," replied Henry. "And I saw you meet David."
"Is he a friend of yours?" she asked.
"He is," replied Henry. "I never thought we would be friends though."
"Why's that?" Kasoni asked.
"Well, you see about two decades ago this county had gone through the five most horrific bloody years of its history. It was war that split the county in two. I was on one side and he was on the other and to make a long story short, my side won."
"So he's mad about that?"
"No," replied Henry. "He's mad because he fought in the war. I talked to him about it and he fought in the war not for the cause, he just wanted to be a hero. But as it went on he began to openly loathe the war, his comrades, himself and even the human race. He finally deserted the army and wasn't heard from since until I met him when he came to town a couple of years ago."
"And he kills for a living?"
"You did it too," replied Henry.
"But that was in defense of myself and of him."
"True," said Henry. "The reason he kills is that I guess it helps him cope with the loss of his honor but that's just what I think."
"How do you deal with what happened after the war?"
"I turned to God," replied Henry. "I read scripture and it opened the doors to new life for me. I learned that redemption was possible for anyone and I wish David would believe in that."
Just then David walked out of the bank with two over stuffed pockets full of money.
"Speak of the devil," said Henry with a smile.
"Hi Henry," said David. "I see you met Kasoni."
"I did," replied Henry. "Do you know where she comes from?"
"I thought you'd answer that question yourself," David replied. Henry laughed.
"Sorry, but the Bible says nothing about angels being giants with dusters and peacemakers."
"Are you hungry?" David asked Kasoni.
"No thanks. I don't think your food will be my type."
"Okay," said David.

     The three of them walked up to Jim's saloon (aptly titled "Jim's") and Jonas was the first to greet them. He was surprised at first to see the giant woman standing side by side with the only two men who respected him but he got over the initial shock and approached the three of them.


"So," began Jonas. "I see you've made a new friend." David nodded.
"Jonas, meet Kasoni," said David.
"Charmed," replied Jonas.
"Likewise," said Kasoni.
"Where's Jim?" David asked.
"In his room, cowering with his coach gun."
"I'll go get him," said David as he marched into the saloon.
"Good luck," said Jonas with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.
"That poor old cowardly fool," said Henry.
"Is he usually like this?" asked Kasoni.
"Well, he's never done this before. Usually he's just really insensitive to any kind of people he doesn't like."
"So why do you work for him?"
"Money," sighed Jonas. "I got to eat, I've got bills to pay, you know, the works."
David soon exited the saloon shaking his head.
"The damn fool is still in there."


Kasoni looked at the windows on the top of the building and then turned her head toward David.


"Are any of these windows part of Jim's quarters?"
"The one on the left is the one you want," said Jonas.
Kasoni nodded her head a tapped her finger on the window. There was a loud bang followed by the window shattering.
"Next one's going in your eye!" Jim's voice shouted.
"It's okay, Jim," David called out. "She's a friend."
"So?" Jim asked "You have a lousy taste in friends."
Kasoni rolled her eyes and stuck her hand in the window and pulled out a screaming panicking Jim.
"Let me go you oversized cow!" snapped Jim. Kasoni continued to hold a firm grip him.
"Is that the best insult you can offer?" she asked in a cheeky voice.
"Okay," said David. "You two get to know each other, I'm going to get something to eat." And with that he walked off to the town's nearest restaurant.
"Come on, Jim," said Jonas. "Where's that ladies man swagger of yours?"
"Shut up and get me down!" cried Jim as he continued to struggle.
"What does it take to shut this guy up?" asked Kasoni.
"Usually when he's this upset he likes to sleep with women," said Jonas.
"That doesn't really help m--" Kasoni stopped herself as an idea came to her. She began to unbutton her shirt reviling a low-cut blue and white suit that exposed a decent amount of cleavage. Jim fell silent as she held him against her chest.
"Well," said Henry. "I guess that's one way to do it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     David's eyes scanned the empty restaurant. "Waiter!" he called out. Out from behind a counter slowly arose a slim waiter who had a look of total fear on his face.
"Where is everyone?" David asked. "Why aren't there any customers?"
"Do you even see what the hell is outside?" shouted the waiter.
"It's okay, she's a friend," replied David.
"Are you positive?" the waiter asked. David rolled his eyes.
"Can I just have something to eat?" he asked sternly.
"Oh, of course," said the waiter and with that he gave him a table and a menu.
"I'll be back in minute," said the waiter. He walked into the kitchen and looked at the cooks who were talking among themselves about the town's new visitor.
"We have a customer!" snapped the waiter. "Get to it."

 

 They quickly started firing up the stoves and got out their utensils. The waiter then made his way to the basement door and opened it. He walked down the steps and the only illumination was by a series of lamps. Each of them contained dying flames. At the bottom of the stairs lay a large chamber. At the end of the chamber was a man dressed in white, white clothes, white pants and a white coat. Next to him was the metal chair where the thing sat. He only got one glimpse of what it was that sat in the chair and the image of what it was left painful imprints in his memory.


"What is it?" the man asked.
"We have a problem, sir."
"So I noticed."
"What are your orders?"
"Inform all agents to keep a low profile," said the Man. "We don't want this to get out of hand."
"Yes sir," said the waiter and he walked back up the stairs. However he glanced behind him and got one last glimpse of the ungodly thing that sat in the room.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "Have you made a decision?" the waiter asked David.
"Yeah," began David. "I'll have the steak," he said. David handed the waiter his menu.
"Say, what's your name anyway?" David asked him.
"Alex," replied the waiter. "Alex Moore." David nodded his head. Alex nodded back and headed back to the kitchen but then he spotted a woman's face taking up one of the windows. Alex gasped.


"It's okay," said David. "That's just Kasoni."
"Who?" Alex asked.
"The friend I told you about."
"Oh," replied Alex. "Where is she from?"
"Out of town," said David.
"I can tell that," snapped Alex. "Now where is she from?"
"She says she's from another world."
"What, you mean like France or something?"
"What he means," began Kasoni, "is that I'm from another planet."


Alex was speechless. He just went back into the kitchen all the while glancing back at Kasoni's face. A heavy set man walked beside Kasoni's head wearing a brown hat.
"Weird, ain't he?" he said in distinct southern accent. David got up from his seat and walked up to the window.


"Sheriff?" David asked.
"Howdy, Dave," he said.
"What are you doing here?"
"Take a look for yourself," said the Sheriff. David looked to where he was pointing. The town's people were up and about looking at Kasoni and talking about her. The Sheriff's personality came as a slap in the face to David. He was a man that was scared of his own shadow but this was unheard of.
"I think I'll just be heading back," said David and walked back to his table in confusion.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What was David so freaked about, sir?" Kasoni asked the Sheriff.
"Please," said the Sheriff. "Call me Harold."
"Okay, Harold," said Kasoni. Where she came from it was sign of respect to refer to a lawman as sir. "Why did he seem so freaked out?"
"Well, a lot of people have got it in their head that I'm nothing more then a scared old man that can't do anything worth a shit. It wasn't always like that though. This used to be a quiet town. Gunfights were rare and people left each other alone. But then this man came into town."
"Who was he?"


"I don't know," replied Harold. "He was just this Man in White. He did have some friends with him, well, that's what I guess because they weren't talking to each other at all, they just walked into town as if they owned the place. Plus his friends were carrying these boxes, big ones too. They bought these buildings here." He gestured to the restaurant and the buildings that confined it in the middle.
"What happened next?" Kasoni asked.
"Then came the low lives," said Harold. "All these killers, crooks, thieves started crawling out of the woodwork and within days of their arrival they were dead."
"I take it you think it was the Man in White that did it?" Kasoni asked.
"I didn't think, I knew it was him. There were these two lovebirds, they robbed and killed for sure but what he and his gang did to them was unspeakable. They were staying at a motel here and I started hearing noises. It sounded like a fight. I rushed to the motel. By the time I got there, the noise was gone. I went to the room they were staying and it was--" Harold stopped and caught his breath.
"Oh, God," he sighed. "The man was turned into Swiss cheese but his lover got it worse. They beat her, raped her, crucified her and then they killed her." Kasoni gulped.
"Why didn't you arrest them?" she demanded.
"Well, I was going back to get my Henry rifle and they were there waiting for me. They beat me within an inch of my life and they said that this was just a warning. They'd destroy the town if I went after them. I must ask you, will you help me?"
"I will do what I can," said Kasoni, "but first I need my ship."


"Your what?" Harold asked. Kasoni ignored him and took out something that looked like a small sliver rod and spoke into it in some kind of language he didn't understand. Then he heard a whistle that slowly turned into a rumbling shriek and then came this object that flew in north of the town. It was almost as big as a freighter and triangular in shape. It was made of metal that looked partly rusted. The ship landed near the train tracks and buried itself in the sand. Harold was speechless. David then walked out of the restaurant licking his chops briefly.
"What'd I miss?" he asked.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Kasoni opened the hatch to her ship and entered it. The townspeople continued to gawk until Harold walked in front of them.
"I think ya'll should go to your homes," he said. The crowd of people began to boo him until Henry joined him.
"Now, now," said Henry. "He's right. Let's let our friend settle down for a bit before we start pestering her."
Kasoni then spoke to the people.
"I know you're curious and even scared of me but I just want to say that you have nothing to worry about."
The town's people then began to disperse.
"Thanks," said Harold. David, Jim, and Jonas quickly joined them. They looked down into the interior of the ship. Kasoni sat in a giant chair that was surrounded by consoles that had switches and levers on them. Kasoni was facing one of the consoles that had a glass screen with various images flashing on it.


"What are you doing?" David asked her.
"Harold told me about this Man in White that your town is trying to deal with and I want to help in that endeavor."
"Why?" Harold asked.
"Some of the things you told me about him seem familiar."
"In what way?"
"I don't want to jump to conclusions just yet," replied Kasoni. "I want to be sure my suspicions are right."
"And what if they are right?" Harold asked.
"No offense, my friends," she said. "But I'd like to do my research alone now."
"You heard her," said Henry as he began to walk away. "Let her be for now."
As the others began to disperse Jim approached her.
"Ma'am," he said. "I would to apologize for my actions earlier and I--"
"You want me to forgive you, right?" she asked.
"Yes," Jim replied.
"I already have."
"You mean the hug?"
"Yes," she answered. "That's how we forgive others where I come from."
"I see," said Jim and he walked away.
"I'll be damned," he muttered.

     Henry was about to open the door of the church when he heard Jim's voice behind him.
"Wait up, padre," he called out as he rushed to Henry's side.
"What's the problem?" Henry asked.
"I just want to talk to you about something."
"If it's about that plantation that you lost, I--"
"It's not about that," Jim interrupted. "It's about Kasoni."
Henry and Jim walked into the church.
"Would you like to talk about it in the confessional?" Henry asked him.
"I'd prefer it if we talked face to face."
"Very well."


Henry led Jim to his bed chamber at the other end of the church. The room itself was average in size with a nice comfy looking bed and beneath the bed was a large brass trunk with a leather strap.


"What's in the trunk?" Jim asked.
"Just some trinkets and a memento," replied Henry.
"Is it okay if I take a look?"
"Yes."
Jim opened the trunk. His eyes widened as he observed the contents, and then he promptly shut it.
"That's one hell of a memento," Jim said.
"Now then," said Henry, "what did you want to talk about?"
"I want to talk about Kasoni," said Jim.
"What about her?" Henry asked.
"I was talking to her about what an idiot I have been earlier and she forgave me."
"That doesn't seem to be a big deal," replied Henry.
"You don't understand," said Jim. "No one ever forgave me for anything. I've spent my entire life being Unforgiving Jim."
"Unforgiving Jim?" Henry asked with raised eyebrow.
"Well, that's what I called myself anyway. After I gave up my plantation it was nigh impossible to get a job. So I came here and you probably guess how the rest of story goes."
"Did you ever talk about this with Jonas?"
"No," said Jim. "I didn't want to offend the n***** in any way."
"That's a lie," Henry said bluntly.
"It's not," Jim fired back.
"You called him a n*****. If you were honest you wouldn't have called him that."
"You're right," sighed Jim. "I just figured that if I talked about it with anyone else about it they wouldn't give a shit."
"Maybe they would," Henry protested. Jim shook his head.
"I wish I had your optimism," said Jim. "But I doubt it."


Before Henry could answer he and Jim heard a creaking on the roof. The two of them walked outside to find Kasoni examining the church.


"Oh hi," she said to her smaller friends. "I didn't know you were in there. What is this building anyway?"
"It's a church," replied Henry. "Surely you must have religion on your world."
"We do," replied Kasoni, "but our churches don't look this."
"Interesting," said Henry. Jim began to move away from them.
"Where are you going?" Henry asked him.
"Back to the saloon," replied Jim. "I think I'll take your advice."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Alex was hard at work with the other waiters getting customer orders in for the cooks. He was about to head back to the tables when one of the cooks called out to him.
"Hey Alex," he called. "The boss wants to see you."
"Shit," Alex whispered to himself. He made his way to the basement door when the same cook stopped him.


"He's upstairs," he said. Alex let out a sigh of relief and made his way to the second floor. Alex reached the top of the staircase and walked down the narrow hallway that stood before him and he approached the last door on the right. Next to the door was another man, one he didn't recognize, who was holding a lever action Winchester and a holster containing a Remington revolver.


"What are you doing here?" Alex asked the stranger. The stranger simply raised his rifle at him.
"What do you think I'm here for?" he asked back sternly.
A bounty killer, Alex thought to himself. "Turn back," he said.
"Why?" the bounty killer asked.
"If you're here for our leader, you're making a big mistake."
"You're making a mistake just by being here," the bounty killer replied. "I've been offered $50,000 for this guy and I'm not going to let you stand in my way."
"Can I just talk to him first? It's not about you, I swear."
"Fine, but when you're done, he's mine."
Alex opened the door and walked into the room. The Man in White stood there looking out a window.
"You wanted to see me?" Alex asked.
"I did," replied the Man in White. "Come forward."


Alex saw that his eyes were focused on one particular individual outside, the giantess. All she was doing was talking with the preacher and he noticed that David was joining them in their conversation.


"Do you know her?" Alex asked.
"I know her kind, her kind and others with them have been watching our movement for sometime."
"You mean they've been watching us?" Alex asked with panic in his voice.
"No," replied the Man in White. "I'm talking about my people. They called our actions immoral and genocidal. All that they're doing is letting corruption spread throughout all creation and we are the only way to stop it."
"So what do we do?"
"Tonight she dies," said the Man in White. Alex didn't respond but a chill ran up his spine as he heard it.
"Tell the men to load their weapons and prepare for tonight."
"Yes sir," said Alex and he left the room.

 

At the same time the bounty killer stepped in with his rifle at the ready. The Man in White turned around fast and was greeted with three shots from the rifle. The bullets punctured his chest and his blood began to decorate his white suit. The Man in White fell on the floor dead. One of the waiters rushed upstairs but Alex told him go back down. The waiter knew what he was talking about and went back down to reassure the costumers. The bounty killer faced Alex again as the young waiter began to make his way down the steps.


"You just made the worst decision of your whole life," Alex said and continued downstairs. The bounty killer turned back towards the room and looked at the Man in White's corpse.
It sat up and looked at him.


A scream escaped from his lips. The Man in White stood up straight and walked toward the bounty killer. The bounty killer fired off the remaining rounds in his rifle. Geysers of blood erupted from his body and splashed on his white clothes. The rifle quickly ran out of bullets but before he could draw his revolver the Man in White drew a switchblade from his pocket and stabbed his assailant in the eyes. The bounty killer screamed in pain and was finally silenced by the knife going into his neck.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     People were coming out of their homes and began converging on where the gunshots came from. Kasoni along with Henry and Jim were near Jim's Saloon when they heard the shots. David quickly ran out to join them.


"Who the hell fired?" David snapped.
"It came from there," said Jim and he pointed to where the crowd was gathering.
As the doors to the restaurant opened Alex and another waiter exited from the building.
"Remain calm," said the waiter. "Everything is under control, make way." Two other men came carrying a dead man with a mutilated head. The crowd gasped and recoiled from the sight in horror. Alex quickly walked up to Kasoni, glancing behind him after every other step.


"What happened?" Kasoni asked him. Alex put his index finger to his lips.
"Can we talk in private?" Alex asked them. Before any of them could respond, the crowd behind them was suddenly silenced by a man with a familiar southern twang to his voice.
"Let me handle this, folks," said Harold and he went inside with the waiter talking to him all the while. The crowd slowly approached the windows of the restaurant.
"So what do you want to tell us?" Henry asked. Suddenly Kasoni scooped up her friends in her arms.
"I suggest we take this conversation somewhere private," she said and took them to her ship.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Harold walked up to the second floor of the restaurant. Near the last door on the right was a small puddle of blood. Harold sighed and walked up to the door. He cracked his knuckles and opened the door. The Man in White sat in a chair near the window wearing his typical white clothes and on a chair on the other side of the room lay a bloody shirt filled with holes.


"Okay," said Harold. "I know I promised you that I'd leave you alone but I'm running out of excuses for what you're doing and--" He stopped suddenly.
"And?" the Man in White asked back.
"I feel that you need to leave," said Harold.
"You know that's not possible."
"Look," said Harold. "Just tell me why you kill these people?"
"To better all of the beings of the universe," replied the Man in White.
"And you think you can do that all by yourself?" asked Harold.
"My, you're stupid," said the Man in White, his voice dry and mirthless. "I'm not the only one of my kind; there are others like me on other worlds doing the same thing." Harold's eyes widened.
"Where the hell are you from?" he asked.
"A laboratory," replied the Man in White. "I and thousands of others were bred for psychic warfare."
"What?" Harold asked. The Man in White put his right hand to his head, closed his eyes and shook his head slowly.
"Why don't I just cut to the chase," said the Man in White. "The war I was bred for was a disaster. Twenty seven billion lives were lost. There was no winner, the war just ended. The ones who made us put us away in storage domes like we were some kind of useless relics. While we were locked away, we talked among ourselves. We began to plan our escape and our goal to rid the cosmos of everything that is evil."
"I take it your comrades escaped successfully?"
"Obviously," said the Man in White. "My kind is spread out across dozens of Galaxies, we act as messiahs for lesser cultures. We guide them to purity and perfect morality."
"And you do that by killing people?" snapped Harold.
"Only criminals and degenerates."
"How can you say that when you let your own followers rape a woman?"
"She was female," replied the Man in White. "Any female that goes beyond their sole purposes in life must be punished." Harold stepped back in disgust.
"You call yourself a messiah?" snapped Harold "You're a hypocrite, a bloodthirsty hypocrite, and if you're here to kill criminals then why wait until they've killed God knows how many people? Answer that for me!"


"Oh please," said the Man in White sternly "Don't lecture me about morality, after all this land championed slavery for a hundred years."
Harold shook his head and turned to the door.
"I can't let you do that," said the Man in White. Harold turned around and saw that the Man in White was holding a Schofield Revolver and the hammer was cocked back.
"You shoot me and everyone will hear it."
"I know," replied the Man in White and fired. The bullet pierced Harold's pelvis and he dropped to floor screaming at the top of his lungs. The Man in White stood up and kicked Harold aside. He then walked downstairs and was confronted by one of the waiters.
"Tell the men to ready their weapons. We're taking over the town."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     The inside of Kasoni's ship was the size of a large barn. Kasoni's friends sat on her lap as they heard gun shots ring out.
"What's going on?" Jim asked.
"It's a take over," replied Kasoni. "I thought it would come to this."
"Okay," said David. "What's going on, Kasoni?"
"I think Alex is the one you want to talk to," she replied. Alex looked at his comrades and grew nervous as they all looked at him like a jury.
"It all started five years ago. I just got out of college and was looking for work. On my down time I would go to the firing range and fire off some rounds to blow off some stress. One day, while I was at the range, I met him."
"The Man in White, I presume?" Kasoni asked.
"Indeed," replied Alex.

 

"He said he was looking for people to join in this ‘crusade' as he called it. He talked about an adventure that would change this world for the better."
"And you believed him?" Jim asked.
"I was bored out of my mind," replied Alex. "I just wanted to do something. When I met the rest of his men, they were mostly former Confederate soldiers and petty thieves, people who wanted meaning in their lives again. I couldn't blame them, in fact, I could relate to their plight. The Man in White would often give speeches like he was a preacher. He would talk about justice and deliverance. He would get all of them riled up and excited. The first time I realized what I'd gotten into was when we were in Arizona, this little town called Tombstone. We walked into town during the night. There was this family of bandits who were staying at this little hotel. We went and--" He stopped and put his hand to his head.
"The family was butchered," continued Alex almost on the verge of tears. "The women got it the wor--"
"It's okay," Kasoni interrupted. "I understand, Harold told me about their handiwork."
"Okay," said Alex. "Let me get to the part that concerns me the most. I wanted to leave the gang but I had nowhere to go so I stayed. But there was another reason. There was this box that the Man in White would often focus on in his down time. I wondered what was in there. When we came here he ordered that box to be placed in the basement of the restaurant. When it was done he went down to the basement. I hid on the steps and watched him take the ungodly thing out of the box."
"What was it?" Henry asked.
"It was this... hideous thing in a chair. It was about my size and was this reddish green thing that looked a cross between a toad and a cobra and the head of the chair seemed to be grafted into the thing's head. The Man in White saw me and welcomed me to take a closer look at it. He called it an important part of himself. Every once in a while it would twitch its eye or its limbs. I have no damn clue what it is."


"It's his mind," said Kasoni. Her little friends looked up at her in confusion.
"That man is nothing more than a poor soul whose had his brain removed and replaced with a psychic transceiver in order to give that thing you're talking about a vessel to move about." Her friends were dumbfounded by this proclamation but Alex understood.
"It makes sense," said Alex. "That's why he can't die, no matter how many times he gets shot or stabbed. But where is that thing from?"
"That thing is part of a galactic cult whose sole purpose is to rid the universe of what they believe is evil and it's not just criminals they kill either. They've murdered millions just because of the individual's politics, lifestyle or social beliefs." Before Kasoni could finish they heard three taps on the hull of the ship's hatch.
"It's them." gasped Alex.
"Who's there?" Kasoni asked the intruder.
"It's me. Jonas." replied a voice. Kasoni lifted the hatch slightly but just enough to let Jonas fall into the palm of her right hand. He was holding two coach guns in each fist and his pockets were filled with shotgun shells. Kasoni placed him down with the others and Jonas handed Jim one of the coach guns and some shotgun shells.


"Thanks." said Jim. "What's going on outside?"
"Hell if I know," replied Jonas. "All of a sudden armed men starting running out of that restaurant and people started running to their homes. Then this man all dressed in white came and started telling us not to panic. Now the people have barricaded themselves and are fighting for their lives. Personally I think we should help them drive these guys out of town."
Kasoni and the others nodded in agreement.
"I have an idea," said Henry. "Alex should see if he can get close to that thing he talked about and maybe he can deal with it in the way he sees fit and I'll cover."
"Sounds good," said Alex.
"But we don't want Kasoni to come out just yet. She, David and the rest should wait till I give the signal."
"What's the signal?" David asked.
"You'll know it when you hear it."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Alex and Henry climbed out of the ship. They quickly hid behind the nearest building.
"Okay," began Henry. "I'm heading to the church, I'm going to get something that I think might be able to help us."
"Okay," said Alex.
"God be with you," said Henry and he ran off. Alex walked into the open and one of the men walked up to him.
"Where have you been?" he asked.
"I was looking for anyone trying to escape the city," replied Alex. He saw hundreds of armed men knocking on houses and threatening the people inside. He also noticed that some of them were bringing out boxes marked TNT.
"Very well but go arm yourself if you're going to continue."
"I will," replied Alex and walked into the restaurant.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David and Kasoni began loading their revolvers.
"Say, Jonas," said Jim. "If we die, I just want to say that you are the best employee I ever had." Jonas laughed.
"I'm your only employee, no one else would work for such a paranoid cheapskate like you."
"That's why I'm impressed you never quit," replied Jim. "I've given you a lot of shit because of your skin color and yet you never thought of killing me in my sleep or something."
"I'm an educated man," replied Jonas. "And the educated don't do things like that."
"True and that's another reason why I admire you, you're smart."
"My," said Kasoni cheekily, "someone here is repentant."
"I guess you could say that," replied Jim.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Henry opened the back door to his church. He walked into his room and pulled out the trunk from under his bed. He opened it and took out a double holster that held two colt peacemakers. He then shut the trunk and put his right arm through the strap. He hoisted it on his back and carried it out the back door of the church. He noticed that twenty of the Man in White's cronies were gathering at the location of Kasoni's ship. They were placing boxes of TNT on the area the ship was buried under. Henry walked faster. The men then noticed him.


"Hold it," called out one of them as he and his comrades raised their weapons at him. Henry simply continued to walk forward and he began to recite Psalm 23.
"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."
"I say again, stop!" shouted the man. Henry kept walking forward."Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."


As Henry finished he dropped the trunk, opened it, and yanked a tube like machine with a hole on the front and a grip and trigger on the back. A chain containing bullets went into the middle of the machine. Henry pulled the trigger and the belt of bullets started going in the device and bullets shot out of the hole in rapid secession. The men had no time to fire as they were bathed in a baptism of bullets. Henry stopped firing and the men fell to the ground in a bloody heap.


"Amen," said Henry. He then saw more men converging on him. He ran up to the ship and kicked at the hull.
"Now!" he cried. The hatch swung open and Kasoni fired her revolver. The round stuck the ground sending some of the men flying into the air, while the rest went back firing their weapons at her. Kasoni and the others climbed out of the ship. David looked at Henry's weapon.
"What the hell is that?!" asked David in shock.
"This, my friend, is a Maxim Gun," replied Henry.
"Where the hell did you get that?"
"It's a long story," said Henry.

"I though you became a pacifist after the war?" David asked. "I mean you just killed them in cold blood"

"I sent them to God" replied Henry "Had they lived a longer a life they would forever live in damnation even after death. I sent them to God so that he would judged rightly and accordingly"

"But, that doesn't make any" Before David could continue, more gun shots rang.
"Cut the bullshit you two!" snapped Jim. "We've got company." The five them opened fire on their attackers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Alex walked into the restaurant's deserted kitchen. He opened one of the drawers and pulled out a meat cleaver. He then made towards the basement door and opened it. He could see the ungodly thing easily but there was also a groan he heard coming from the basement as well. He crept down the steps and followed to where the groan was coming from. At the side of the steps lay Harold, bleeding from his pelvis.


"Jesus Christ!" gasped Alex.
"Don't worry about me," said Harold. "Get out of here!"
"Not yet" replied Alex. He the turned to the damn thing in the chair and approached it, raising the meat cleaver above his head. A gunshot rang out and Alex felt something pierce his wrist. He dropped the cleaver and turned around fast only to get shot in the leg. There at the top of the steps stood the Man in White.
"I thought I'd find you here," he said and he raised his revolver and aimed it at Alex's head. He pulled the hammer back but before he could pull the trigger, one of his men interrupted him.
"Sir!" he cried "The giantess and her friends are converging on our position and the town's people are joining them!"
"Not now!" snapped the Man in White. "I'm busy!"

 

As the two of them argued, Alex grabbed the meat cleaver with his left and brought it down on the thing in the chair. His aim was off however and the blade landed on the creature's left arm. The Man in White screamed in pain and shot Alex in the leg. He then staggered down the stairs and slammed the door behind him. Alex slammed the cleaver into the creature's leg and the Man in White tumbled down the steps. The Man in White then leaped onto Alex's back. The two of them wrestled but the Man in White grabbed the cleaver out of his hand and brought it down on Alex's face. Harold could only watch in horror as the meat cleaver went down again and again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Henry dropped his empty Maxim gun and drew his revolvers. The town was filled with the sound of gun fire and explosions. Kasoni and her friends fired their weapons at the Man in White's henchmen as they began to defend their base of operations. The townspeople joined in the battle as well.


"I'm almost out," Kasoni announced. She then looked back at the TNT boxes that were on her ship. She ran to her ship and grabbed them and then ran back to her friends.
"Does anyone know how to ignite these?"
"I've got some matches," one of the townspeople called out and he ran towards Kasoni. Kasoni opened one of the boxes and the man took one of the fuses and lit it. Kasoni closed the box.


"Take cover!" she cried and threw the box at the restaurant. The box exploded as it hit the building. Kasoni and the man repeated the cycle until the building and the two others at its sides were in flaming ruins.
"We did it!" Jonas gasped. The townspeople began to cheer.
"Wait a minute," said David "What about Alex?"
"Oh no," gasped Kasoni. She then began to dig through the rubble; picking up heaps of wood laced with human carcasses and tossed them aside. She continued to dig until a hole presented itself and the Man in White stood there looking up at her and her companions. Harold looked up at her with a sigh of relief but what caught her eye was Alex's corpse. His head was nothing more than a bloody pulp of flesh and bone. The Man in White glanced at the carcass and looked up at Kasoni.


"He had it coming to him," he announced. "There was no other way."
"Shut up," Kasoni snapped.
"Come now, don't be like that," replied the Man in White.
"If you value your life you should listen to her," said David.
"I used to value my life," said the Man in White, "but now..."
"I take it we've damaged your plans beyond repair?" Jonas asked.
"That you all have," sighed the Man in White. "All I wanted to do was to repair this world. To bring it to a state of utter tranquility."
"While I disagree with your tactics, I understand why you wanted to do this," said Kasoni. "You and your kind were bred for war and nothing more. You felt there was no more to life and because of that rebelled and wanted to make things in your own image. But your kind constantly uses violence to meet that objective and look where it's gotten you."
"In short," said the Man in White. "You're saying I failed miserably."
"I wouldn't go that far," said Kasoni.
"I would," replied the Man in White and with that he walked up to thing in the chair. He put the revolver to its head and pulled the trigger. Blood shot out of the creature's head and the Man in White fell to the ground.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     The night went on as the townspeople and Kasoni collected the dead bodies and piled them onto carts. As Henry and David loaded the Man in White onto one of the carts Henry couldn't help but ponder.
"I wonder who he was before that thing got him?" he asked.
"Who knows" replied David. Before they could continue, they saw flashing lights in the clouds of the night sky. Kasoni walked up to the two of them.
"What's going on?" David asked her.
"It's my people," she replied. "They're pretty concerned about what happened here." Jonas and Jim walked up to her.
"Does this mean you're leaving?" Jonas asked.
"Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't," she replied, "but if I do leave I just want to say I'm glad I met you all. I'm happy to know you as my friends." Her four companions smiled. Just then a large glowing craft shaped like a saucer began to descend on the outskirts of town.
"If you do leave," Jim asked, "will you come back?"
"That's a possibility," she said, "and even if that isn't the case, I advise you all to tell everyone to watch the skies."

Chapter End Notes:
Don't forget to leave your reviews.