- Text Size +
Story Notes:

First every story so feed back is appreciated. This will also include violence and slight gore

Author's Chapter Notes:

First two chapters will mainly focus on our tiny borrowers 


Here is the two borrowers that this story focuses on.

Ria: Age: 22 Hair color: Redish Brown

Ria is a very quiet woman but very agile and skilled with a knife. She was born in a farm house she lived there her entire life and met the outcast child Tero, who she befriended. But once her family learned of this, she was deemed an outcast and exiled. Ironically this saved her life as the family's nest was found and destroyed the day after. She and Tero are inseparable and will always protect each other

Tero: Age: 24 Hair color: Blonde
Deemed an outcast at a young age for talking to a human child, Tero wandered the farm house and barn for most of his life. He taught himself to make weapons and gave the first one he ever made to Ria. When their hiding place was discovered, Tero immediately got Ria out of there and is doing everything he can to get them away from the farm to the small town half a mile away, in human measurements

In a small town in the plains the rain was falling, leaving the smell of wet grass and freshness in the air. But two tiny borrowers weren't enjoying the weather.

 In a hollowed out hole in an old tree trunk, a borrower man and woman wearing clothes made from old fabric sat inside, trying to stay dry. Two weeks ago their old home had been discovered by the house owner and barely escaped. They've had to survive being crushed by the unaware humans walking the fields and roads above them, fight off rats that hunted them down and just escaped a very hungry frog.

 The man, Tero, glanced out the opening, hand on his needle sword "I don't see that beast anywhere..... We should be safe for now Ria". Ria sighed with relief as she put her knife away "I can believe we are still alive" she pulls her leather cloak tighter "I can't keep doing this".

 Tero walks over and sits beside Ria "I know, but we have to get farther away from the farm before we can find a new home". They sit in the trunk listening to the rain, unaware of the eyes watching the tree.

 As they started dosing off, a scratching noise put them on alert, small rat was trying to make the hole bigger. "Shit! What are we going to do Tero?! We're trapped!" Tero looks at the opening and the rat "Get ready to throw your knife" Ria nods as she draws her blade as Tero watches for the rats head.

"Steady, steady" the rats head pokes through "NOW!" Without hesitation, Ria throws her knife, it twirling through the air and stabs the vermin in its right eye. As the rat screeches, blood shooting from its wounded eye, the rodant tries pulling out of the hole, Tero runs up, drawing his sword and stabs it right in between its eyes, killing it as it tried retreating. Pulling his blade free, he wipes the brains off then grabs Ria's knife and turns to her "We got meat for a couple of days". Ria shivers but goes to help clean it off.

Later that night, with roasting rat meat over a fire, Ria sighs heavily. "Tero, will we ever make it to that town? I can't keep going like this: Hide, fight, eat rat and repeat..."

Tero glances into the fire "If the weather doesn't stay like this all night, we should make it just outside the town by tomorrow night.... For now let's eat and rest up." After eating the tough meat and pushing the animal remains farther away, both Tero and Ria settle in the deepest part of the tree and sleep, dreaming of a new home and food that didn't try killing them.

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed and next chapter will focus on their journey to the town