- Text Size +

The day had started out completely normal for the people of Magna City, its ten million inhabitants going about their business without the least suspicion that their lives were about to be changed forever. It was only in the late afternoon that all at once everyone felt a sudden, indescribable change that made them take a moment to stop and look for what had happened.





The first to notice something different were those were then on the city's outskirts. Looking towards the horizon, they saw a set of huge pale walls, as big as mountains if not bigger, which had appeared out of nowhere and now encircled their city. As they followed those huge walls higher and higher, they were soon gaping at the faces of two enormous high-school girls far overhead, those mountainous walls being their mere feet.





Awareness of these gigantic beings spread over the city as more and more people looked up, until every last person was staring at them, filled with equal parts terror and disbelief.





Face-wise, the two girls looked extremely similar, but in everything else they couldn't be more different. One of them had bleached-blonde hair tied up in a pair of long, flowing pigtails; she wore a trendy black cardigan with a little red miniskirt that left everything underneath perfectly visible from this low angle. The other one had plain black shoulder-length hair and wore a simple school uniform, with a white blouse and black skirt. The latter had a contemptuous expression, as if she were looking at a spot of mold on the floor, while the former wore a smile which was somehow more unsettling that the other's frown.





“So you finally noticed us, huh? Took ya long enough!” The blonde one said, her voice booming powerfully over the whole city, rattling windows and filling everyone with dread.” You're probably wondering what's going on, right? No, don't bother answering; I already know it. You insects are so freaking predictable. Well, let me explain it in a way even a bunch of bugs like you can understand: I'm Junko Enoshima and this is my sister Mukuro Ikusaba. We're the new Goddesses of the world, and we brought you here to make you the first of our worshippers.”





“Goddesses?” the people muttered among themselves. “Worship? This is ridiculous. There's no such thing as Gods or Goddesses.”





“You doubt my sister's words?” Mukuro said, suddenly stomping her foot down and causing a powerful earthquake to ripple throughout the city. “I should crush you all for that blasphemy.”





“No, no; this is exactly what I wanted. It wouldn't be any fun if they were all our willing worshippers from the start. Training them is much better,” Junko said to her sister, then addressed the city. “You'll see soon enough that we really are goddesses. And not just any Goddesses, but Goddesses of something really wonderful: Despair! To worship a goddess of despair, you need to know what despair is—not only know it, but to be so consumed by despair that all your hope is extinguished! None of you qualify yet, but once we break you, then you'll be the most perfect little worshippers a pair of perfect Goddesses like us could wish for. Now, Mukuro, why don't you carry out the first step of our training?”





“With pleasure.”





The city watched in horror as Mukuro's enormous foot rose from the ground and hovered towards them, the shadow of her toes filling countless blocks with darkness. Everyone held their breath in anticipation of that enormous sole's descent, but instead, Mukuro's foot only hovered menacingly above them, immobile save for the occasional twitch of a toe. Then some of them started thinking that these two “Goddesses” weren't going to kill them and were only trying to give them a scare—after all, they had said they wanted to “train” the city, and how could you train someone who was dead?





But as this thought was spreading throughout the city, Mukuro smirked and lowered her big toe right in the middle of the sprawling metropolis. The impact rumbled through the city like a powerful explosion, instantly leveling dozens and dozens of blocks holding the city's mightiest skyscrapers, not one of which had withstood even the slightest contact with the giant girl's skin. The massive shockwave that followed brought still more destruction, razing everything for many streets around and blowing people away to be dashed into buildings, or the remains of buildings.





Over a million people died from the simple lowering of that toe, and Mukuro wasn't done yet. By sliding her toe back across the ground, half of what remained of the city was bulldozed under her skin, then the rest of it was exterminated as she brought all of her sole down to bear on it before grinding it away with a sneer on her face. In the end, all ten million people were killed in under a minute, turned to dust at this high-schooler's feet.





Yet, right after their deaths, the city and all its people reappeared as they had been before, many of them still screaming in terror or cowering from that foot which was no longer hanging over them. The change was so stark that they wondered if all that business with the two “Goddesses” had been some mass hallucination, at least until they looked up and saw the giant sisters' faces. They were closer than before, as the city was now on a small table between them.





“Now do you see that my sister was telling the truth?” Mukuro said. Everyone cowered at her words, and then, one by one, they knelt in fear and trembling and started worshipping the two sisters.





“That's better,” Junko said. “But still not good enough. You're only worshipping us out of fear so far, and fear is merely the root of despair. There's still a long way to go before you're well and truly broken. Now, Mukuro, would you do me a favor and cut this little morsel in two?”





Mukuro held up her hand and a knife suddenly materialized in it. As she brought the knife towards the city, the people started worshipping more desperately than before, begging the two Goddesses to show them mercy, but Mukuro didn't so much as acknowledge their desperate pleas while Junko's cruel grin only widened at hearing them.





The knife came down at the northern edge of the city, the massive metallic blade easily cleaving the land in two as it journeyed from north to south, destroying everything in its path and leaving a deep chasm between one half and the other, with cracks stretching out from that gaping wound into the rest of the metropolis. Some who found themselves right by that huge gash wandered over to hazard a look down, and what they found was that, rather than resting on solid earth, their city lay atop a giant cookie whose mass stretched a mile or more beneath them.





“Thanks, sis! And now for a little snack.” Both sisters reached for the city, each picking up one half of the cookie it sat upon. As their fingers closed in on the sweet and sugary land and lifted it at speeds of many miles per second, a powerful commotion shook each land and threw all its people wildly about.





Once the movement came to a stop, or at least settled down enough that they could stand and take stock of their surroundings, the millions of people on each half of the city were treated to a close-up of a Goddess's face filling their sky, their divine eyes taking in each soul that cowered under their gaze. Then the sisters opened their mouths, leaving the people staring at those huge, gaping maws of theirs. The sight was chilling, and some fell to their knees again to beg for mercy, but they weren't given the chance to get so much as a word out before they started moving towards the huge mouths with their monstrous tongues ready to receive them.





Everyone who could started running away from the mouths, towards the most distant part of the city, with a few people even desperate enough to avoid being eaten that that they threw themselves off and began falling to the table many miles below. Soon a set of glistening white teeth fell onto each slice of the city, breaking off half of it and taking it into the mouths of the goddesses, where they were thoroughly chewed up while those who remained outside were left to watch as their fellow citizens were eaten, knowing well that the same fate would come to them soon.





Many broke down in tears, pleading between sobs to be spared this terrible death, but their prayers wouldn't be answered as they were soon thrown into the Goddesses' mouths along with what still remained of the city. Most of them would go on to die in the first few seconds, dashed against city, mouth, or cookie, but a small fraction managed to survive a bit longer, being left in some quiet corner of the giant mouths where they weren't subject to the violent churning of chewed-up city and cookie taking place nearby. These “survivors” were then left to drown in the vast oceans of saliva that covered every inch of the giant mouths, unable to break through its powerful surface tension.





Even the hardiest of them only managed to cling to life for three minutes, and after they died and the Goddesses swallowed, the city rematerialized with everyone in it dealing with the trauma of another horrible death.





“Welcome back,” Junko said, grinning over the city which now filled the palm of her hand, her half-curled fingers rising up from the horizon. “So, are you beginning to understand what despair is, or do you need another lesson?”





The people all knelt as one, assuring their Goddesses that they would worship and obey them faithfully, only asking that they not be killed again.





“How dare you insects think you can ask anything of my sister?” Mukuro said, pulling out a gun and aiming it as the city. “Junko, let me kill them again for you. All it would take is one pull of the trigger.”





“Chill, Mukuro,” Junko said, gently lowering her sister's weapon. “No need to get worked up about anything a bunch of germs say. I mean, it's not like they're smart enough to know any better. That's why it's our job to teach them. If you don't want to die anymore, I suppose I can stop killing you for now.” All of Magna City breathed a sigh of relief at the Goddess's words, but they were chilled to the core by what she said next: “I'll just make you wish I would kill you instead!”





Junko's fingers started closing over the city, which even before they touched it had already started cracking from the movement of her palm. Terrified screams arose everywhere as Junko's threat hung in their minds, leaving them to wonder what she had meant by it. She said she wasn't going to kill them again, but wouldn't this kill them for sure?





But as her fingers finished closing around the city, turning every street and building to dust, the people realized that they weren't dead yet. They had survived; but though they were alive, they were not unharmed. Their bodies were damaged by the incredible pressure bearing all around them, their bones broken and flesh cut deep, and even as their lungs burned for the air that had been squeezed out of them, they remained lucid, fully aware of the ungodly pain that filled their minds.





As they were squeezed tight in Junko's hand, they felt themselves being turned over and carried elsewhere, and soon they were falling through the air along with the remains of their city, their bodies healing as they went, before splashing into a huge body of water. Some who could swim managed to surface while everyone else was pulled down by the currents created by the sinking remains of the city, submerged deep underwater where they would experience a constant state of drowning.





Those who remained afloat looked around and saw that they were in a glass of water, with Junko and Mukuro looking in through the opening and Junko's huge hand coming to grab it. Waves rocked the water's surface as the glass was gripped and raised to the Goddess's face, then brought to her lips and turned up, sending the ocean of water pouring into her mouth. She drank half, then passed the rest off to her sister, who downed what remained, each sending millions of people down into their stomachs, where they would go on to experience the slow burning of their powerful stomach acids, their burns quickly healing only so they could go on being burned anew for as long as their Goddesses wanted.





Only by mustering all their focus did the people of Magna City eventually manage to direct prayers towards the Goddesses, apologizing for their transgressions and begging to be rescued from their torment. Then, in a blink of an eye, they were suddenly outside again, though not in their city. Thinking of nothing save for filling their lungs with oxygen for the first time in several minutes, they took in many quick and ragged breaths, not noticing anything about their surroundings for a while. Once they were breathing easy they saw that they were once again on the floor, between the feet of the two Goddesses.





“Do you feel their despair, Mukuro?” Junko's toes wiggling in delight as she spoke, causing earthquakes to ripple through the land. “Oh, it's absolutely delicious! They're finally starting to understand how hopeless their lives are! There's only one final step left for them. Germs!” she said, addressing the tiny people. “Are you finally ready to worship us unconditionally, without asking for anything in return?” The people tried to assure her that they were. “Then prove it! Come to our toes and let's see if you're fit to worship us yet!”





All together, the people of Magna City set out marching towards the giant toes surrounding them. The closer they got to the mountain-sized toes, the more nervous they became. Now that they finally had a moment of quiet in which to contemplate the sheer size of their two Goddesses rather than having to constantly worry about their lives, they were starting to understand how small and insignificant they were next to these girls. In a way, it was just as terrifying as getting crushed under their feet or being eaten alive.





Once they arrived at the giant toes, whose curvature loomed high above them, the people started making various gestures of worship towards the Goddesses: kneeling to them, praising them, thanking them for their mercy, and a few even daring to kiss the surface of their toes. Coming from a very irreligious society, they didn't really know what they were supposed to do, so the whole thing was awkward for them. Even the few religious people among them didn't really have their hearts in it as they didn't see the girls as worthy of worship.





“Well, Mukuro, what do you think? Are the germs doing a good job?” Junko asked after a few minutes.





“Not in the slightest. Not only are they insincere in their adoration, but they're not even doing a good job of pretending they revere us. They're every bit as worthless as before, better fit to be stains under our feet than real worshippers.” Mukuro lifted her foot over those who had been worshipping her and brought it down in a merciless stomp, grinding them away under her sole even as they remained alive and fully aware of the pain coming from every last inch of their flattened bodies.





Seeing the fate of their fellow citizens, those who were at Junko's feet started frantically worshipping her, heaping praise upon her and showering her toes with kisses in an attempt to stave off any similar judgement.





“You know what, dear sister?” she spoke up, all her worshippers holding their breath and standing at attention once they heard her voice. “You're absolutely right. These pitiful insects still harbor the petty hope that if they simply do what we ask, we'll stop tormenting them. It would be funny, if it weren't so boring.”





Without warning, Junko did as her sister and stomped out those who had been worshipping at her feet. “Alright, listen up good, you worthless germs! Hate to break it to ya, but you're dead wrong if you think there's anything you can do to save yourselves. Once you're our loyal little worshippers, we'll be treating you exactly the same as we're treating you now, and exactly the same as we're going to treat everyone else!”





Once again, the people suddenly appeared back in their city, and this time they weren't given any time to recover the booming sounds of Junko's voice, louder than ever before, seized their attention.





“After all, even as our loyal worshippers, you would all still be the same worthless specks that you've always been.”





Above the city, Junko's face filled the sky, leaving little space for anything else to be seen They were close, real close to her, but they weren't in her hands like before. They were all on one of her boobs, and small, even smaller than they had been before. Where before their city had filled the palm of her hand, now it could have been crushed under a single fingertip, as they saw when one of her fingers came down beside them. They were so tiny that they could feel the ripples her voice sent through the surface of her breast, and its powerful vibrations slowly sent their city sliding towards her cleavage. 





“You are nothing to us. We could sneeze and end all your lives. We could rewrite existence so that you never lived, or make it so that you spend all of eternity in unbearable pain. We could have simply willed you all to be our loyal worshippers and your very souls would have molded themselves to our will.”





Further and further the city slid, its surface growing ever more slanted, until finally it lost all traction and fell right into Junko's cleavage, leaving everyone wedged between her tits. Then Junko pressed her boobs together, crushing them alive.





“No, we won't do anything for you just because you worship us. And I already know what your puny little minds are thinking: 'Why should we worship you if it doesn't get us anything?' Because we deserve it, idiots! And once you realize this, you'll throw yourself at our feet in adoration and be thankful when we crush you under them. For that to happen, all we need to do is snuff out that last bit of hope that you can ever return to a normal life...”





Once more, the people all found themselves back in Magna city. Panicking, they looked all around for any sign of the two giant girls, but to their surprise, they didn't see either of them. In fact, it seemed they were back on Earth, with the usual fields and mountain ranges visible on the horizon. They still remembered all the death and pain they had gone through, but the memories were like those from a dream and seeming so unreal now. They looked at their clocks and saw that no time had passed since before the whole business with the two “Goddesses”. Thinking that it must have been a weird hallucination, they  laughed nervous laughs or breathed sighs of relief.





They were just about set to forget about the whole matter and go back to their normal lives when a voice was heard, not through their ears but through their minds, telling them to look up. What they saw left them frozen in despair.





There in the sky were the faces of the two Goddesses, looking down at them from beyond the sun and moon, beyond the planets, beyond all the stars of the Milky Way, beyond any visible galaxy. Indeed, the universe itself was but one infinitesimal speck among countless others floating at their fingertips, and it would have taken only the slightest effort on their part to wipe all of them from existence. Smiling, Junko blew out a bubble of gum that easily dwarfed all that was, and all of reality shook when it the popped.





“Now do you see?” the blonde Goddess asked. “There is nothing outside our grasp, nowhere you could run to escape from us. You and everyone else in your puny universe were ours from the start; you just didn't know it yet. And just in case there's any doubt left in your minds that this is real...”





Junko brought the universe down to the level of her and Mukuro's chests, then the two sisters pulled themselves closer their celestial bodies pressing tight against each other and snuffing out the meager universe between their cosmic tits. They basked in each other's warmth for a bit, reveling in their absolute power, then finally pulled back and reformed the little universe.





Down on Earth, the people of Magna City finally realized that Junko was right; Goddesses of such power deserved all the worship in the world simply for being what they were, and they should count themselves as lucky to have ever caught the eyes of beings as great as they. They threw themselves on the ground and offered up praise for their Goddesses, honestly meaning every last word they said.





“At last you see the truth,” the voices of their Goddesses spoke through their minds. “Now go into and spread word of us to all humanity. Let the whole world bow at the feet of Despair!”


Chapter End Notes:

Please comment, favorite, and watch if you can. All feedback is appreciated.


Pixiv fanbox for exclusive content as cheap as a dollar!: questathana.fanbox.cc/r03;


Patreon is similar with it having merch and being slightly more expensive: www.patreon.com/questathana


Commission me on Deviantart after looking at this journal www.deviantart.com/questathana… or on Kofi or on PayPal with ko-fi.com/questathana or questathana@gmail.com


Twitter: twitter.com/Questathana


Youtube and community posts: www.youtube.com/c/Questathana...


Pixiv Art: www.pixiv.net/en/users/2892370…


Size Months Discord (New theme monthly): discord.gg/ynsH3Sb79C


New Pokemon Giantess discord: discord.gg/RMBaAVb2m3


DDLC Size discord: discord.gg/tCT6exHZKz


My DA group: www.deviantart.com/smallcivilizations