- Text Size +
Joseph stood at the entrance to his lab, his palm pressed flat over his forehead.

The room was in shambles. Broken glass and spilled chemicals soaked the wooden floor, and, standing at the opposite end of the lab was the party responsible for this mess, his assistant Alexis.

Joseph sighed in frustration and rubbed his forehead over how clumsy and irresponsible Alexis had been since she became his assistant. He wanted to teach her the many wonderful things being a scientist could offer, but he simply didn't have the patience to deal with someone like her.

Pointing his finger at Alexis, Joseph turned and pointed towards the door. He could tell that she was heartbroken over how much trouble she had just gotten herself into.

"...We'll discuss it later." he muttered as Alexis walked past him. Joseph didn't want to fire Alexis, but the constant mistakes and accidents sure made the idea appealing at times. Joseph heard the door shut behind him as Alexis walked out, and he again sighed loudly.

"She can't even remember basic safety procedures!" he told himself. "This room has no windows, so when mixing chemicals the door should always be kept open for ventilation, any first grader will tell you that." Joseph sighed as he made his way to the mop at the other end of the room.

Joseph began mopping, the chemicals mixing further from the stirring effect his mop produced, and the room began to fill with an offensive odor. Joseph coughed and realized that he had forgotten to open the door again after Alexis had left him alone. He covered his mouth with his lab coat, trying to keep the inhalation of the unknown fumes to a minimum as he dashed to the door quickly.

Just before his hand touched the handle, Joseph felt everything begin to fall around him and he collapsed, his skull hitting door with a loud thump.

Rising to his feet, Joseph found the floor to no longer be firm, but instead be rather soft, as his shoes seemed to sink into it. Checking himself over first, Joseph found he was in no pain, though he was sure he had collapsed and thought he could even remember hitting his head.

Upon realizing he was ok, Joseph knelt and rubbed the ground beneath him. It was definitely not the hard wood he was familiar with, and it seemed almost organic.

"Oh thank goodness! You're not dead!"

The words rang through Joseph's ears as if they had been yelled through a megaphone from a good distance above him. Craning his neck upwards, he was greeted with the kind face of Alexis, though, as was to be expected from her booming voice, she was several times larger than she should have been.

All the pieces slipped together and Joseph realized he had been standing on her hand, and judging by the distance from her hand to her face, he was being held by her too, and not near the floor.

With that realization, he quickly fell down and hugged the hand for safety. Though he was a man of science and he knew it was completely illogical, he still had his phobias, and heights were definitely not his strong suit. The hand beneath him shook as he did this, and he assumed her reaction to the situation was to find it all too humorous. Despite this however, Joseph kept his ground, and lay completely flat, not caring what the thought of his terror over being held at such a great height.

"Let me just get you cleaned up now." Alexis boomed overhead as the hand beneath him began to move again. Joseph dug his hands into her palm, making every attempt to not be moved, but it was all for naught as he felt two enormous fingers pinch him by his sides and lift him up.

He was brought to a smooth round bowl, and struggled out of fear the entire time. Never once calming down, Joseph was dumped into the bowl unceremoniously and quickly stood to watch his captors next move, though he couldn't see much.

The bowl around him shifted, and Joseph stumbled a bit from it. What little balance and dexterity he had was enough to keep him standing upright, he thought with a smile as a torrent of water fell from above and forced him to the ground.

The bowl was almost filled with water already as Joseph recovered and swam his way to the waters surface. High above him, Alexis had a devious smile on her lips as she prepared to give another order.

"Clean yourself up, can't have you filling my mouth with any chemicals now!" She giggled above, though it was deep and distorted from Joseph's point of view. He briefly speculated on what she meant by, "My mouth" but figured that it was just a slip of the tongue, as she did that quite often, and he found it to be cute.

Rubbing some water out of his eyes, Joseph reached down to unbutton his jacket when he felt Alexis's huge fingers grip him by his sides again. He was brought up to her face and the fear of heights returned into Joseph once again as he made every attempt to struggle and escape that he could.

"You're taking too long!" She said loudly to him as she pinched his white lab jacket between her fingers and, rather painfully, ripped it from his body.

"Please! Be more gentle Alexis, that really stung quite a bit!" Joseph cried out, his arms sore from where the coats shoulders were ripped. "And while you're at it, do you mind placing me back on something firm? I know I don't look the type, b-but I'm really quite terrified of heights."

Alexis didn't respond as she licked her lips and opened her mouth, stretching her tongue out and exhaling loudly.

Joseph felt the rather hot blast of air beneath him, and, gulping loudly, gathered the courage to look down at what was beneath him.

He immediately regretted this as he saw himself being lowered into the wet cavern of her mouth. Being an intelligent man, he knew what was coming and reached down to slip off his right shoe.

The tongue was soaked with saliva, but he knew he would have to act on his knowledge of the human body if he hoped to survive and not be consumed by his all too eager assistant.

The moist cavern began to close, and light began to grow dim as Joseph finally aimed and threw his right shoe at her uvula. If his calculations were correct, the irritation would cause her to cough, thus releasing him and giving him a bit more time to devise a survival plan.

Before the light completely cut off, he saw his shoe hit the mark perfectly, and Joseph braced himself for the violent cough.

Rather than being thrust outward though, Joseph was instead forced down her throat. With a cry of despair, he realized that his shoe was too tiny, and his strength to minuscule to be able to affect Alexis in any noticable way.

Joseph knew there was no way out now, and didn't move as the throat pushed him down into an empty stomach. He lay there as the various digestive acids pooled around him. Unless she vomited he would not survive, that much he knew. Best to let as much of him get digested at once to minimize the amount of torture from within. He was a man of science after all, and this was the only way he felt he could go with any sort of dignity.

---

Alexis laughed as the body went down her throat and briefly began to wonder why nobody ever questioned the constant disappearance of scientists she worked with.

"No sense in questioning something that's been working out in my favor." She thought and walked out of the lab. His disappearance would be reported tomorrow and she would make sure that any evidence of her involvement was gone.

A tiny lab coat was in her left hand. It was a little torn, but it would make a great souvenir for this ones finish.