- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Done as a request for a friend.
Complete a field study on another planet. Study it's micro-organisms and write an essay detailing what you've learned.

Extra Credit: Aid the planets natural eco-systems by disposing of any potentially parasitic life forms harming it, ie: Fungi.

All planets have been scanned several times over to ensure the only life present is microscopic, or very close to it. If you have any reason to believe any sort of dangerous virus or bacteria are present, leave at once and report to the administrator.

This will be 70% of your final.


Chai read the slip of paper over and over in her head as she adjusted her glasses. A full 70% of the final meant there was no way she would get her degree if she did poorly on this assignment. As the crowd around her dissipated, she approached the professor who was now sitting behind a large desk.

"Um, I was wondering..." Chair meekly asked.

Turning her eyes up from her work, the instructor looked at Chai a moment. "Yes?" She asked.

Chai's tail twitched behind her slightly from her teachers abrupt question, but quickly calmed herself.

"I... I was wondering if you could perhaps recommend me a good planet to study on?" Chai managed to say. "I don't really like large groups of people, so if you know of any where I could do my studying alone, I'd really appreciate it..."

Smiling over Chai's question, the teacher opened a drawer at the side of her desk and retrieved a large binder. "Well Chai, normally I wouldn't do such a thing, but you seem sincere, so I'll let you know that we have just discovered a new batch of planets deemed safe for study today. There's a group of about 9, but most are extremely cold, I'd assume you want something warmer?" The teacher smiled warmly.

"If possible, yes I'd like a comfortable planet more than an arctic one." Chai excitedly responded, now feeling more at ease. "But are they really safe if no one but the probes have visited yet?"

"No need to worry Chai, the probes we send out to new planets are very bright and visible, if there were any intelligent life on those planets, they'dve been seen by enough people for our presence to be known, after all, not even the government can cover up a bunch of flying saucers with flashing lights." she laughed.

"I suppose you're right..." Chai responded, thinking it rather absurd as well. "But which planet do you suggest?"

"Ah well that's what this binder is for." The teacher laughed as she slapped the binder she had pulled out a moment earlier. "I just got some pictures of the new planets in this morning. I was hoping to pay a visit to them myself for studying purposes, but it'd be interesting to see what a student could find out on her own!"

Chai's face grew bright red at the thought of her being entrusted with such a great responsibility.

"Well... thank you." She said as she looked through the pictures of the planets. Like any young girl her age would be, she was immediately drawn to the planet with the bright blue, green, and white spots.

"That planet, is it one of the warmer ones?" Chai asked.

"Why yes it is, the third planet seems to be the most well adjusted of the three planets inhabitable without special clothing. I'm sure you'll find it most interesting." The professor smiled as she pulled out a pen and looked for a piece of paper nearby. "So should I put you down for Planet 7 then?"

Chai nodded her head, excited that she would be doing her part to help further their understanding of the universe and maybe would even get to help participate in saving a new planets natural ecosystems if they're in any danger.

As her name was officially written into the ledger, Chai was also handed a set of co-ordinates to program into her personal spacecraft.

Carefully typing the numbers in, Chai stepped into her home for the next few days and did the best thing she could come up with to pass the time.

She took a nap.

---

Several hours later, the annoying combination of a shrill beep and a bright flashing light shocked Chai back into consciousness. A screen flashing the words, "DESTINATION REACHED" flickered before her, and Chai turned the screen off before heading opening the door and stepping out onto the new planet.

---

The city of Baltimore, Maryland never saw it coming. A spherical object, huge beyond comprehension had been heading straight for them and threatened to wipe out the entire city under it's mass, and presumably take the rest of the planet with it following the crash.

An almost unanimous sigh of relief crossed the citizens lips when seemingly moments before the world shattering impact the object stopped and hovered in midair above the city. The moemnt of relief was soon broken however as three large metal rods made their way out from the bottom of the hovering ship and acted as a tripod to set the ship safely on the ground.

Though the ships new legs safely landed outside the city's boundaries, a large front panel quickly dropped, creating a series of elevated platforms leading from ground level to the ships interior.

More distressing however, was the miles-long figure filling the new doorway. The more observant in the city quickly realized the platforms were nothing more than a set of stairs to any being this huge, and panic began to set into even the most collected citizens.

As the figure made its way down the stairs it revealed itself slowly to the panicked sea of humanity below. The figure was definitely feminine in appearance, and accentuated by an unnaturally revealing outfit. Her clothing also showed that she was extremely human in appearance, given despite her jaw dropping size.

As the enormous female stepped further down a few more differences became visible. She seemed to have extremely large ears sticking out from her short brown hair, but they were feline in appearance, definitely not human. From behind there was also a very clearly visible tail hapilly swishing about.

The incredible giantess stepped down the short set of stairs and into the city below. Her shoes were strange and foreign to the people, but incredibly destructive all the same. With complete disregard for anything in their shadows, her enormous heels pressed firmly into the ground, compacting everything caught below into an impossibly deep crater. Anything just outside the shoes radius quickly also found its way to the ground by the quake that immediately followed. Foundations crumbled from the vibrations, but before they debris could fully settle, a rush of wind flew out from beneath the sole. The debris caught by blast of air rocketed out in every direction and claimed a few more lives, as well as toppling a few more buildings that had been somehow spared.

Only a second later, the apocalyptic event repeated itself further into the city near the ocean. Chai was completely oblivious to the thousands of pained cries for help as she made her way to the beautiful blue ocean, completely entranced by it.

---

Chai arrived at the oceanfront and brought her right hand to her forehead to shade the sun in her eyes as she looked at the ocean before her. It was huge, even for someone her size, and she thought she could see a few tiny shapes floating about the water. She regretted leaving her glasses in her ship, but figured she could relax a few minutes before beginning work if the planet was truly safe.

Lowering herself to the ground, Chai sat at the edge of the water and brought her knees to her chest, admiring what she could make out of the view. Sighing to herself she took in the natural beauty of the planet and smiled gently. A calm breeze blew her hair a bit, and she wished she could stay and live here, since her home planet had long since stopped looking like this, given the age of technology she lived in.

While Chai's booted feet caused incredible carnage to the streets below, it was quickly overshadowed as she brought her entire rear end to the ground. While the clothes she wore were standard for her home, by human standards they were quite revealing, and a wriggling crowd caught beneath her mighty behinds shadow couldn't even put up the slightest fight against it.

Huge and powerful beyond all comprehension, Chai repeated the carnage her simple footsteps had caused moments earlier, but on a much grander scale. The world itself seemed to buckle as it struggled to receive her weight. Her mostly bared bottom carved two huge swaths into the ground below, turning most of the city into a graveyard. Her long tail moved a bit as she made herself comfortable, almost sweeping clean the city spared that was behind her.

Leaning forward, Chai examined the water directly before her and briefly began to wonder just how safe it was. Sure the professor and probes had deemed the planet completely safe, but she was still the first to visit it, and figured she could never be too safe.

Reaching into a small pocket on her boot, she retrieved a small piece of paper and dipped it into the water, bringing it back to her face to watch it. Much to her relief, the paper did not change color.

"No color change, no known toxins. The likelihood of water being dangerous is slim to none." Chai told herself quietly. "Should make a note of this..." She added as she felt about her clothing for a moment.

Worried for a moment, Chai quickly realized she had left her notepad in the ship. Not wanting to forget anything, she figured she'd cut the relaxing time short and begin work as soon as possible. Crumpling the paper in her hand she shoved it back into her pocket and made her way back to the ship.

A small group of humanity had managed to end up caught on the piece of paper Chai used to test the water with. As it made its way near her face, they all took the chance to try and signal her. Their voices grew hoarse with the effort and the calls for help seemed to die down, leaving the paper they all lay upon almost deathly silent as her tremendous fingers pressed them all into stains on it and the entire paper crumpled effortlessly.

In a hurry to get back to her ship, Chai's natural clumsiness managed to foil her plans even when surrounded by nature. No sooner had she taken her first step back to the ship when she tripped over her own boots and almost into her own ship again.

Though Chai was incredibly huge in comparison to the minuscule humans she effortlessly trod upon, compared to others of her own kind she was rather small, almost mousey, which did not bode well for the already devastated people still attempting to flee the ruined city. Doubly so when she fell upon them. Her bared stomach crashed into the planet, mowing down anything standing beneath it. Her navel held a small section of the city safe, but as her weight settled further down, the surrounding ground cratered and even the small haven was quickly pressed into nothingness.

While her belly had managed to silence several, her comparatively titanic breasts also did their fair share of carnage as each lightly pressed into the roofs of everything caught beneath before the weight of her body caught up and ended up pressing anything caught beneath a bit further than those beneath her stomach.

Blushing brightly, Chai stood to her feet again and carefully stepped into the ship from where she landed and bounded inside. Though she was extremely glad no one else was on the planet to see her fall, she could almost hear the laughing of her peers in her head.

Inside the ship again, Chai proceeded to put on her glasses again. Her once cloudy vision instantly cleared up as they were slipped on. A brief search through the ship brought her notepad into sight again along with a pen.

Looking back over the ocean from inside her ship, Chai thought for only a moment before deciding that she should go without shoes once she step outside again. It would prove to be more comfortable, and she could also spend some more time by the water. Though she wouldn't admit it to herself, another big reason was that she was less likely to trip if she walked on unfamiliar terrain without heels.

Smiling to herself, Chai stepped outside her ship again and made her way straight to the shore. Finding the same spot she sat in a moment earlier had left a nice impression, she brought herself down into it again and wiggled a bit to make herself comfortable.

Though Chai had stepped back into the same bootprints she made going to and from the beach, there was a big difference between wearing heels and going barefoot. The biggest being there wasn't much of a safe zone. Though the area between the heel and sole of her boots was still affected by Chai's passing through the area, there were still pockets of humanity praising any deity they served over having survived being essentially stepped upon by a miles tall giantess.

Their praise was quickly cut short, as Chai's bare sole pressed into those same bootprints, this time leaving no safe place and ensuring complete destruction. The prints on her toes seemed like another safe refuge for those lucky enough to be caught between, but, like her navel earlier, the weight being spread to her toes squelched anything living beneath it.

The struggles and fear filled cries would never be known by Chai as she now sat at the waters edge, wiggling her toes a bit. The surface of the planet was a little springy, and the almost unnoticable tinkling beneath her toes brought a smile to her face.

Closely observing the water, Chai could see nothing out of the ordinary within but quickly stopped. While she knew the water wasn't known to be dangerous, it wasn't exactly known to be safe either.

Placing her notepad in her lap, Chai closed her eyes and carefully plunged her toe into the water until she felt it touch the bottom. Holding it for a moment, she exhaled loudly as there was no  burning or painful sensations running through her. With a great smile, she wrote, "Primary liquid covering most of the planet appears to be safe through both a litmus test and a sample."

Out at sea, a huge tanker was making it's way to land before the alien craft had landed, and was still in the middle of turning to flee. A ship that size was built to stand up to fierce weather however, and not swift maneuvers. The attempts to flee so far had only resulted in the ship being turned around slowly, and as it was overshadowed the aliens toe, any remaining hopes of escape from the crew were dashed.

The big toe fell from the sky like a meteor and coincidentally, landed directly onto the ship. The big fleshy mass quickly toppled the towering smokestacks, and created an airtight lock around the top of the ship for a split second, long enough for the big toe to drive the entire, intact ship underwater. At the bottom of the sea, the water pressure finally caved in to the colossal toes demands however, and snapped right as the toe made contact with the sand, spilling the crew out to be crushed individually between the giantess's big toe and the soft, yielding sand below.

Chai happily jotted down anything else she felt was important at the ocean, happily splashing her feet lightly in the water. The water was cool between her toes, and she wished she could just write the entire essay on the ocean alone. Sighing with frustration, Chai knew that could simply not be the case, and turned to look at the shore and see if that would hold anything interesting.

Immediately, a chill ran down her spine as she surveyed the area surrounding the shoreline.

"What's this...? It's not green or sandy..." Chai asked herself slowly as she examined the human settlement for the first time since arriving.

Standing, Chai looked at the entire surrounding area and realized that it was everywhere.

"I must not have noticed since I wasn't wearing my glasses earlier..." She thought as she frantically jotted down a few additional notes on the strange phenomena. "The gray mass is brittle and does not appear to have much, or maybe any natural defenses against predators." She scribbled.

The people below felt an incredible relief brush over them as the giantess seemed to turn her attention downwards and focus on them exclusively. A slight adjustment of her glasses seemed to reaffirm their beliefs that she now recognized them at all.

This would not be the case however, as she quickly stood to her full, mountainous height and slowly stepped her way through the areas of the city she had already ravaged, seemingly writing things down in an enormous piece of technology that was foreign to them.

"The patches I've already stepped on don't seem to be reforming, almost as if they're not natural..." Chai noted with curiousity as she stepped behind her ship for the first time and gasped.

Extending outwards into the beautiful green land she could see a large brown area with a few slight gray traces inside.

"Definitely a life form..." Chai added. "Possibly parasitic, it appears to turn the land brown before becoming gray and brittle..."

Stomping her bare left foot into the gray area next to the newly discovered brown section, she realized there was no resistance beneath her foot, which she also noted. Lifting her left foot to her knee, she saw what appeared to be dust slide from her sole slowly, and shook her head in disgust.

"Parasitic life form appears to drain the area of its natural beauty, leaving it gray and brittle. Testing appears to show former life reduced to little more than a gray dust, instead of the green moss present most everywhere else..." Chai nodded, realizing she may have her chance to do some extra credit with a smile.

A small section of the city had managed to be untouched by the mega-giantess's arrival and took full advantage of it as they sped off to escape the city. Their retreat however, was unfortunately hampered by the city expansion project that had begun on the only safe route outside. The incessant quaking of the ground had knocked over many of the building materials that were being used to make the city bigger and expand it further outwards.

Those attempting to flee still took their chances, running through metal beams scattered about the dirt that had been placed at the location. Almost immeasurably fast however, the giantess had left her previous position and was upon them. She seemed to watch them for a minute, her large ears twitching slightly every couple of seconds before she raised a foot over them slowly. Debris, both large and small rained down onto the trapped people and their cries of terror were for naught as she unknowingly squished out the lives of several hundred more innocents.

Returning to the inside of her ship, Chai looked over her notes for a moment longer. The strange parasite appeared to be draining the planet of its life, and she should help it, but the planet was still a decent size, there was no way she'd be able to do it all alone.

In her notepad she quickly wrote about her experiences and began writing a letter to her teacher and the administrator of the school to begin a thorough cleaning of the planets surface, in case it was in any other unknown places.

Bringing her left foot to her knee again, Chai examined her sole carefully.

"Nothing but dust..." She told herself and wiggled her toes happily, seeing even more dust fall from between them.

Stepping out of her ship, this time without a notebook, Chai stepped forward with purpose. She methodically began to crush and flatten out anything that resembled the parasite.

A smirk was spread across her face the entire time. Sure the work was boring, but at least it was all being done for the greater good. If the strange parasite had been sentient, she was sure it would regret having messed with the planet now.

For several hours, cities all up and down the coastline met their end beneath her ten toes and two soles. After awhile the feeling had gotten to become almost pleasant as she realized she had stomped enough of the parasite out to become almost attuned to its resistance against her sole for the briefest moment before it allowed her to destroy it.

The end of the world is what appeared to be upon the almost microscopic sized people caught beneath Chai's soft digits. Several people yelled out exactly that, but they were drowned out by the general cacophany of screams at the people who realized there was no logically safe place from such an enormous girl.

With every step she took through the packed cities there was always the group who felt as if they were safe when a black shadow overtook the land around them, leaving them in a small, seemingly safe zone, with bands of light overhead signaling it. Though again, as her toes splayed and the planet reshaped to receive her weight, the individuals breathing a sigh of relief between her toes found their lives ended prematurely as well.

"Then again, maybe I'm just imagining things." Chai told herself as she firmly stomped flat another gray patch and finally began her way back to her ship and closed the door.

For the first time since arrival, the alien had spoke. The people at ground level struggled to make out their words, but even those far away enough to hear them fairly clearly could tell the language she spoke was no human dialect. Her high pitched voice provided a stark contrast to the fierce stomp that immediately followed, creating a spiderweb of cracks along the ground as the tarmac couldn't take the abuse.

Then, she left. Simple as that. She made no further attempts to wipe them out and made her way back the direction she came. The ground still quaked from her titanic size and weight smashing the earth beneath her, but it was no longer directed at them.

Some people cursed their gods over her appearance, others praised for her disappearance. Small pockets of humanity existed in the devastated cities still, and for them it would certainly be an experience that would never leave them. Far off in the distance, the door for the huge ship closed and humanity all at once breathed a sigh of relief.

Only an hour after she began writing her essay and constructing her thoughts into a case study, she had finished. The ideas would simply not stop flowing, and she smiled as she re-read it in her mind, realizing it was definitely passing material, and her work on the extra credit would definitely earn her favor in the teachers mind too.

Quickly programming her ship to return home, Chai napped the rest of the way and arrived at school early the next morning. Though the students had been given a week to complete her case study, she was more than confident on her work.

Entering the empty classroom, Chai approached her teacher and handed her the essay with pride.

"My, you seem chipper today Chai, especially for someone who finished a week long assignment in one day. Are you sure you want to turn it in like this?" The teacher asked as she thumbed through the pages.

"Yes, I'm positive." Chai replied. "Another thing though, I did also include several details about a wildlife destroying parasite on the planet. I've never seen anything like it. If you agree with my viewpoints on it, do you think you can forward the essay to those higher up the chain and maybe we can have something done about it?"

Smiling softly her teacher responded, "Yes, certainly Chai. You seem intent on helping, if I feel the same way you did after reading through this I'll definitely show it to the higher-ups and put in a good word for you. How'd you like to assist with the cleaning operation if it gets approved?"

Chai's eyes lit up. "I, I'd love to!"

Laughing to herself, the teacher dismissed Chai and read through the essay.

---

Several days later, Chai was sitting in her room at the dormitory, looking meek once again. Her newfound confidence while alone on a planet was gone and she heard a tone on her messaging device.

Checking for new messages she saw the one new message labeled, "RE: Your Essay."

Chai's heart fluttered. She had discovered the day after turning the essay in that she had passed, and it was being forwarded to local officials to consider her plea. She thanked her teacher profusely and hoped they would help her with the plan to move forward and help save another planet.

With great excitement and a hint of nervousness, Chai opened the message and began reading it.
Chapter End Notes:
Criticism and reviews are greatly appreciated