- Text Size +
Story Notes:

SPOILER WARNINGS:

Challenge of the Superfriends: episode “Fairy Tales of Doom” (Hanna-Barbera, 1978) and the following comics are heavily recapped in this story: All-New Atom #17-18 (Jan-Feb 2008), Secret Origins #8 (Nov 1986), Adventure Comics #326 (Nov 1964; and its redrawn cover on Best of DC Digest #57 in Feb 1985); and Justice League Unlimited: episode “Dark Heart” (2005).

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Previously on Challenge of the Syuperfriends, we have seen Toyman’s story projector used by the Legion of Doom to send Superman & Wonder Woman & Hawkman into the stories “Gulliver’s Travels: A Voyage to Lilliput”, “Alice in Wonderland” and “Jack and the Beanstalk” respectively. Uquaman and the other Syuperfriends once again defeated the Legion of Doom and freed their three trapped Syuperfriends from the stories.

 

What none of the other Syupefriends, nor any of the Legion of Doom knew was that Flash has secretly confiscated the story projector. He decided that it was too dangerous a machine to be left in the hands of the Legion of Doom, and hoped that Toyman would not build another one, now that his plan had failed anyway.

 

“I think we should build our numbers to 13 to equal the Legion of Doom’s,” said Flash, “I suggest we invite Hawkgirl and Rima to try taking my place while I go away for a personal mission, and then they could stay on as regular members.”

 

“Your suggestion is a noble one, Flash,” said Superman.

 

“I’ll contact Rima,” said Batman.

 

“And I’ll call Hawkgirl,” said Hawkman.

 

“There’s a new Star Trek movie due to come out next year. Maybe I shouldn’t tempt Paramount’s lawyers by calling myself Black Vulcan any more. I think I’ll rename myself Black Lightning,” said Black Vulcan.

 

Soon the Syuperfriends had improved their roster. In the meantime, the Flash took the story projector to his (Barry Allen’s) home and invited his wife Iris to accompany him on a visit to Earth-Prime. Iris accepted and hopped onto Barry’s Cosmic Treadmill. The Flash soon raced himself, Iris and the story projector to Earth-Prime, a world where the Syuperfriends were merely characters in DC Comics and at that time, in Hanna-Barbera cartoons. Then as an added precaution, he adjusted the setting on the Cosmic Treadmill from parallel earths to time travel, and traveled into Earth-Prime’s future, to arrive in 2011. As it turned out, occupying the same space as Barry Allen’s 1978 earth-1 home (in earth-prime 2011) was the home of prolific giantessworld.net reviewer and author Carycomic.

 

Carycomic had been trying to work out a new plot line to make his long running masterpiece “Implosion of the Beetroot Hurlers from Butter Space” more appealing to the less cerebrally motivated readers on Giantessworld. Most of his ideas were too intelligent and well researched to appeal to the average fetish feeder. Suddenly, to his surprise, he saw the Flash materializing in his lounge room.

 

“Wally and Tina? What are you doing on my earth?” he asked in surprise.

 

“Actually it’s Barry and Iris,” said the Flash, “I time traveled as well. So Wally has a wife called Tina in 2011.”

 

“Well maybe,” said Carycomic, “I shouldn’t give away DC’s least used best ideas.”

 

Now that he looked more closely, there were subtle differences in Barry’s Flash costume and Wally’s. For one, the yellow lightning part of the costume resembling a belt was symmetrical on Wally’s outfit. Barry wore an outfit of identical design to Wally’s outfit in the earliest stages of his Kid Flash career.

 

“So what are you writing about?” asked Iris, noting the page of text open on Carycomic’s computer.

 

“It’s a fan fiction for a specific genre of giantess stories,” said Carycomic, “This one’s not about anyone you’d know, but you might like to read Cary’s Cosmic Dabbles or Dark Knight of the Archaeologist. There’s a fair bit of Batman material to enjoy.”

 

“I needed to leave this with someone trustworthy,” said Flash, “If you like the Syuperfriends enough to write stories about us, you could just be that man. What is the giantess genre?”

 

“It’s mainly written by men, and a few women, who like stories about tiny men and giant women,” said Carycomic.

 

“What an odd coincidence!” said the Flash, “On my recent mission with the Syuperfriends, Syuperman was projected into a story book with this device, and replaced Gulliver in Gulliver’s Travels. Brainiac briefly entered the story at tiny size and replaced a Lilliputian.”

 

“That’s ironic, given that in other shows, Brainiac shrank people. Say, I think I remember that episode of Challenge of the Syuperfriends. Didn’t Wonder Woman and Cheetah go into the story of Alice in Wonderland as well?” asked Carycomic.

 

“They did,” said Flash, “And both were in the story at the point when Alice was around the height of a mushroom. Since Wonder Woman replaced Alice, the two women were tiny sized. Was there really a TV episode about that on this earth? How did they manage the special effects?”

 

“It was a cartoon,” said Carycomic, “Hawkman was in the giant’s castle in Jack and the Beanstalk as well, wasn’t he?”

 

“Yes,” said Flash.

 

“That could be significant,” said Iris, “All three of those stories involve giants or tiny people, which seems to be the subject of your Giantessworld too. Where is this world?”

 

“It’s on the internet, a 1995 invention that links the computers of the world together to communicate,” said Carycomic.

 

“Well I need to leave this device with someone I can rely on, and you’re my best bet,” said Flash, “Will you make sure it doesn’t fall into criminal hands?”

 

“Sure,” said Carycomic.