- Text Size +

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Kelly was struck speechless as she stared into the enormous eye in the sky. It was thousands of feet wide, with a brown iris that surrounded a pupil focused squarely on the sprawling metropolis below, scrutinizing it. It blinked once, and an audible shudder rippled through the city as millions of people gasped at once at this slight movement.

Slowly the sky began to open up. It appeared that whomever the eye belonged to was ripping off some kind of covering that had overshadowed the city, which the inhabitants had simply taken for granted as an ordinary night sky. As large swaths of light began streaming in, more of the face became visible. A cheek here, a nose there, and another eye. When the lips were finally revealed, the end result was unquestionable: a gargantuan Kristin Dalton was looking down upon the city.

She continued to tear the brown paper wrapping off her newest toy. Light streamed in, revealing the details of her apartment. It was identical to the one in which the now-microscopic Kristin lived. It even had that stupid cat clock on the wall that Kelly always found to be extremely tacky. Evidently the city was resting on her kitchen table, since her pelvis was even with the horizon.

Those who were not familiar with Kristin marveled at the unbelievably huge woman who towered over them. She was tall and skinny, wearing a light green T-shirt that hung loosely from her frame, covering her modest B-cup sized breasts and flowing down to the waist of her blue jeans. Above the green shirt was a pretty, if a tad mousy, face, with full lips and shoulder length brown hair. She began pacing around the city, eyeing it skeptically as she circled it. She leaned in for a moment to get a closer look, and those along the beachfront screamed in terror as it appeared the sky itself was falling down upon them. She squinted, curled her nose, and then slowly walked away, as each of her receding footsteps sent a diminishing rumble through the city.

It was at this point that Kristin, now microscopic compared to her titanic doppelganger, burst into Kelly and Brooke’s apartment. “WHAT…WHAT IS…” she screamed frantically, before rushing to Kelly and collapsing in her arms. In the process, she crushed a few thousand survivors of Kelly and Brooke’s sexual romp underneath her light blue flipflops. This was, of course, just a drop in the bucket compared to the havoc she’d wrought upon them without knowing it only a few hours before. She was sobbing uncontrollably, and in her haste and hysteria failed to notice that both Kelly and Brooke were only slightly clothed, having just finished demolishing their own tiny city in an act of passion. Kelly dragged Kristin over to a chair in the corner and deposited her there, while she and Brooke hurried off to their bedrooms to put on something a little less scandalous.

When they returned, Kristin was still sobbing to herself in the corner. Kelly looked at Brooke and read the bewilderment and terror on her face. “What…what the f*ck is going on?”

“I have no idea,” Brooke replied. “I guess…I mean, we never really thought about where our city came from. This doesn’t really explain that, though.”

“Yeah, I’m just worried—” her words were cut off as Giant Kristin’s returning footsteps caused the entire city to shake. It was breathtaking to see her walk towards the table, each stride covering miles until she was towering over them once again. In one hand she held a magnifying glass, in the other a ruler. She stood over the downtown area, and gently lowered the ruler down next to one of the skyscrapers, knocking over a few buildings but causing relatively minor damage to the city. She peered through her magnifying glass carefully, and her gigantic lips silently counted upward. After a minute or so she triumphantly stated, “Ninety-four!” Then she squinted again, and after some brief mental math her expression turned to awe. “Oh my goodness,” she exhaled, “they’re microscopic. I must be…I must be almost thirty miles tall to them.” In fact she was closer to 28 miles tall, as the 94-story building whose height she had just measured clocked in at around half an inch tall on her scale. However, the difference between 28 and 30 miles is fairly negligible, and the fact that Kristin was focused on now was that she was unstoppably huge, which was absolutely correct.

She stood silently over the city for several minutes, taking in all its tiny details and pondering what her next step would be. For the past few weeks, she had had sincere doubts as to whether or not such a thing could be possible or if she had just been swindled out of five hundred dollars. But the tiny city lying in front of her spoke for itself. Just like the ad in the tabloid claimed, it was a miniature city, complete with skyscrapers, houses, and people. An entire city, plucked from its existence and now occupying a five-foot by five-foot square on her dining room table. It looked vaguely familiar, but it never occurred to Kristin that the city lying before her was identical to the one in which she currently lived.

A knock on the door interrupted Kristin’s concentration. With a slight scowl of exasperation, she turned around and walked toward the door of her apartment. As she opened it, another familiar voice wafted its way toward the microscopic people on the table. “Hey, Kristin, we were just wondering if we could maybe borrow a cup of sugar. Please?”