- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A multi team Gerry Anderson crossover featuring Supercar & Fireball XL-5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 & Secret Service & Journey to the Far Side of The Sun. This story sets all of Gerry’s futuristic characters in the same time period, so that they can interact. From memory, the only date reference provided in any of the puppet programs is the Captain Scarlet episode: Expo 2068.

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

You’ll spoil a lot of fun if you jump ahead to chapters 5-7, where the shrinking plots occur. Follow the story from here, and you’ll see great crossover action, setting the scene for the most dramatic shrinking event in the Timescribe multiverse.

In Thunderbird Five, John Tracy was tuned into every radio frequency in the world, and was on regular monitor duty, listening for any calls for help, or indirect indications that International Rescue might be needed.

Soon it came:  a desperate message.

“Calling International Rescue… Calling International Rescue. This is Central Coast Diving Society. We desperately need your help.”

John reached for a microphone.

“Go ahead, Diving Society. This is International Rescue.”

“Two of our divers were exploring a coastal underwater cave, when they radioed us in trouble. They said that they have been prevented from leaving the cave by a shark too large to follow them into the cave. When their air supply runs out, they will be trapped breathless and still watched by the shark. The water is too shallow for us to send any rescue craft of our own.”

“We understand, Diving Society. What is your exact location?” said John Tracy.

“Just outside Terrigal Beach.”

“We’ll be there with help as soon as we can,” said John.

On earth, at Tracy Island, Jeff Tracy and Scott and Virgil were in the lounge room at the time John called with the news.

“Virgil, tell Gordon and Brains we need them up here now,” said Jeff.

“Fetch And Bring,” said Virgil, and left the room.

“Now, let’s see,” said Jeff, “Speed is of the essence, and we can’t use Thunderbird Four in that area. But our aquanaut is still the best person to handle this job. Scott can take Gordon there in Thunderbird One as soon as Brains has loaded whatever he thinks we should use from our equipment, in order to handle the sharks.

 

Gordon and Brains arrived in time for a recap of the situation. Brains and Virgil and Alan were soon transferring equipment from Pod Four’s Thunderbird Four in Thunderbird Two hanger into Thunderbird One.

 

Scott stood against a wall panel and held onto two bars beside his head. His father pressed a button. The panel rotated, and Scott was soon watching the sliding platform which led to Thunderbird One. The panel rotated back, and Gordon took the rare opportunity to repeat Scott’s boarding sequence. Gordon looked down and saw Virgil and Alan and Brains leaving Thunderbird One Silo in a small tram like craft that had last been used to give two boys a tour of International Rescue in order to explain the need for them to avoid using their radios to play International Rescue games.

 

As soon as the silo was cleared and Gordon was aboard, Scott moved the controls, which sent the great ship sliding down a sloping underground pathway and onto the launching pad. Scott took off, with Gordon in the passenger seat which had once been used by Brains, and headed for Terrigal Beach, Australia.

 

Thunderbird One reached the spot quickly, and spread its blue wings and prepared to land vertically on the shore. Suddenly the craft sustained an artillery shot. Both Scott and Gordon were injured, as Scott overshot the shore and lightly crash landed in the shallow water. Then they heard an electronically magnified voice from a hand held device.

 

“The Central Coast Diving Society was just a farce to lure you here, International Rescue. You will leave your craft and hand it over to us.”