- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Feature characters: Blue Beetle aka Jaime, Atom aka Ryan Choi, Huntress aka Helena Bertinelli, Firestorm aka Ronald Raymond and Jason, Blue Beetle, Kid Flash, Robin, Aqualad, Speedy, Black Orchid.

Cameos: Justice League; Stompa, Lashina, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Golden Age criminal Huntress

Parallel Earth Characters created by Timescribe: Cliff Steele aka Metal Menace, Rita Farr aka Killer Mouth, Larry Trainor aka Negative Influence, Apoka Lips aka Bigger Barda, Scott Flea aka Mr Miniature; and Oberon aka Off-Or-On.

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

A science class was just beginning at school. The teacher addressed the students.

 

“It’s good to know we don’t have any absentees today,” said the science teacher, “Let me introduce our guest speaker from Ivy Town: Mr Choi. Mr Choi is here as part of our teachers exchange program. We have a guest lecture from Mr Choi, while a school in his own home town gets a guest lecture from Miss Bertinelli."

 

Ryan Choi began a complex lecture on atomic particles, which held the students’ attention for the duration of the double science period which had been created by rearranging the school timetable for that week only.

 

When school finished, Ryan found himself walking out to the bus stop with some of the students. Before the bus even arrived,  some gunmen held up the bank over the road from the bus stop. Ryan ducked behind a tree, activated his costume and shrank to the size of his other identity: the Atom. He quickly made his way to the bank, only to find that the latest Blue Beetle was already engaged in combat with the robbers.

 

Adjusting his weight controls, the Atom threw himself at one man’s leg, knocking him down. Blue Beetle’s battle suit made it easy for him to defeat the others quickly too. They were both super heroes, against a group of non powered men. They secured the criminals for the bank to hold until the police arrived. Then they left together.

 

“If I had your power, I’d be the SIZE of a beetle!” said Jaime in admiration.

 

“I’ve kind of lost my enjoyment of shrinking, ever since I fell into Halo’s seafood salad at one of Bruce Wayne’s parties,” said the Atom, “I think an interactive power costume like yours would be a welcome change.”

 

“So how do you shrink?” asked Blue Beetle.

 

“It’s in the costume too,” said the Atom, “Specifically the belt.”

 

“Then why don’t we just swap outfits?” asked Beetle.

 

“We’d have to change identities too,” said Atom.

 

“Let’s run this problem past Batman,” said Beetle, “He always knows what to do.”

 

“Could we make Adam Strange one of our unofficial team mates?” asked Atom.

 

“No. We need heroes willing to stay close by on Earth,” said Beetle, “Adam’s a bit of an also-Rann.”

 

Batman soon applied his considerable intelligence to their situation.

 

“I’ve teamed up with so many super heroes lately, that my mind is an encyclopaedia  of characters and their super powers,” said Batman, “I know the one super hero who could help.”

 

Batman contacted Ronald Raymond and had him merge with his star pupil Jason to become Firestorm the Nuclear Man. Jaime and Ryan managed to exchange costumes and share their secret identities with each other, having earned the trust required by bonding as they had.

 

When Firestorm arrived, Batman had him use his powers to make Jaime’s Atom costume look like his old Blue Beetle outfit, and made Ryan’s Beetle costume look like his old Atom outfit.

 

“One thing,” said Batman, “I’ve only encouraged this enterprise in the hope that your new powers will throw your familiar opponents off guard.”

 

The Atom found that Blue Beetle’s former costume was willing to take instructions from Ryan Choi, just as it had done from Jaime.

 

Blue Beetle wondered when he would see the Huntress again, until a new teacher at the school named Miss Eisley caught his notice. Student gossip had informed Jaime that Miss Eisley had been seen performing strange experiments on plants after school. What Jaime didn’t know was that Helena Bertinelli (another teacher, and also the secret identity of the Huntress) had been informed some time ago by Batman, that Pamela Eisley was the real name of Poison Ivy.

 

Helena changed to the Huntress and went to investigate Miss Eisley’s experiments. Pamela Eisley revealed herself as Poison Ivy. A lengthy martial arts fight ensued between the two women. Jaime changed to the Blue Beetle’s new costume, which had the power of enabling him to shrink. At this point he entered the science classroom at normal size.

 

“You can’t stop me, Huntress,” said Ivy, “Once my machine’s new process is completed, these plants will-“