- Text Size +
Positions of power are given to those who have power. If you were to ever stop and think about it, there are hundreds, if not, thousands of ruling organisms. Each nation has a ruler, and all of the states within that nation have their own ruler. While their positions aren't quite as high as those who rule entire nations, they are just as important. The hierarchy of power continues downward until you have the leaders of local communities. These leaders report all of their actions to those higher up, and the higher ups report them even higher, until the head of a nation is aware of all that is going on.

Even lawless beasts of the land have their own leaders. The alpha male, the leader of the pack, the one who others obediently follow. While beasts themselves lack the intelligence of humans, this simple truth holds even at that low of a level.

However, above all Leaders, Rulers, Kings, Emperors, Overlords, above any position any person could hope to obtain, there stand The Five.

The Five, as they are called, created this world. The Five possess powers far greater than anything mankind has ever produced, and likely will ever produce. It is only through their mercy that we are allowed to enjoy, and continue our way of life.

Not without conditions, of course. As would be expected of such impressively powerful beings. The Five grant a handful of chosen individuals to opportunity to join their realm for the rest of their lives. While us of feeble mind have yet to figure out any sort of pattern behind whom they select, or when, simply being selected leads many to believe that they were all worthy, even if the world at large was unaware of their deeds.

Men, women, criminals, law enforcement, rich, poor, even some of the lower ranking officials have all been chosen. It is a glorious occasion for a loved one to have been selected, and celebrations, combined with feasting occur shortly after.

The Five themselves, however, are still largely a mystery to everyone. As no one has ever seen any of the five, the only thing we as a populace can go off of is the unsubstantiated claims of prophets. However, these stories can often conflict, so it is difficult to tell a truth from a lie when a prophet spreads the word.

There are a few recurring threads when speaking of The Five, so the following is widely considered fact:

-They are a matriarchy, as all five are Goddesses of exceptional beauty and power.
-They view each other as equals, so worship is equal among all five.

While these claims are unproven, they have been known to continually reoccur every time a prophet receives a vision. Thus, they are generally considered fact. We pray that they are not incorrect, for fear of offending The Five and inflicting their cruel, mighty wrath upon our weak mortal souls.

-Excerpt from, "A Brief History of Civilization Volume XIX”, by Sidney Meyer.