- Text Size +
I awoke with a start, which, truth be told, was an all too common occurrence for me over the past six months, though usually the reasons for my starting were quite unique, involving coming too while only an inch or less tall inside a sandwich about to be eaten, or in a woman’s tampon about to be placed. Usually too I wasn’t really asleep before this happened, I was just in a kind of dazed out due to how I was reduced to that size. Today, though, the reason for my awakening was rather mundane, and as soon as she saw I was awake she started purring for all she was worth.

"Okay, Princess. I’m up, I’m up," I told her as she sat on top of my chest after having jumped there in order to get me up from a rather nice dream about having a normal relationship with a woman who’s face looked a lot like my current housemate’s, though her body was a bit more shapely. Not to say that my housemate is ugly, mind you, but guys always look at other women for the same reason women will always look at other men.

Anyway, scratching Princess Valium(That’s her name, not a title, no matter what she says) behind her right ear, I pushed her off me and rose, thankful to find myself sitting in my bed, my size exactly as it should be, and all the little pieces of myself in their right places. Princess, seeing that I wouldn’t scratch her ear any further, straightened up her tail and sauntered off into the hall, probably to tell my housemate that I was finally awake. I shook my head after her, wondering how it was the gray, mackerel tabby was able to be so expressive, but then dismissing it for the millionth time. After all unlike most of the other things in the house Princess was mine, as I’d had her since I was a kid.

I guess this is the point where I should introduce myself, after all a guy living with his housemate who owns a cat is usually taken for a homosexual in this day and age, even if the housemate is a woman. In this case she is indeed a woman, and a rather fun one at that. Her name is Reese, and for the past six months she and I have had a bit of a thing for each other, usually involving one of us(Normally me) inside the other(Normally her) during the course of a typical day. This feat is accomplished by a little, two inch, wooden doll that stared across the room at me from atop a dresser that Reese and I now both used, though she still had more clothes, furniture, and just about everything else than me, even most of the food in the house being her’s.

My name, by the way, is Jon. Six months ago I was your average bachelor who lived out of a two room(A bedroom and a bathroom with little else) apartment in the more economically needy area of the city in which I make my home. This is not to say I was poor, as I was one of the few engineers in the whole town to have a certified degree from a reputable school, and more than half the buildings in town now had come through my hands at one point not only to make sure they were structurally sound, but also to make sure they were put up correctly.

Now doing what I did meant income was sporadic at best, but I always had enough to get by, more than that usually. I was just never that frivolous a guy, preferring to keep my money in a myriad of bank accounts spread over the whole state, taking out of any one of them anytime I needed a bit of extra spending money. The only thing I kept in the apartment that I didn’t need just to keep on living was Princess, but she served her own purpose, giving me someone to talk my ideas out with, and usually to just sit there and stare at me until I realized I’d been going over the same page of a set of blueprints for an entire day, forgetting to feed myself and, more importantly, her.

So my life went, until a man by the name of Amon came into town. Amon was what you’d probably call a developer, although most people in town had other, less kind names for the man who bought more than half the area up, tossing people onto the streets by basically bribing some local banks into forking over the deeds to the land. He then began to hire every engineer he could get his hands on, which, needless to say, included me. Heck I was actually offered the job as head engineer, but I turned it down as the position would have involved far too much interaction with the bastard at the top.

What can I say to defend my decision to work for Amon? I could say I needed the money, which was probably true as the man now owned the only property where I could put my skills to work, and because of this I would not be able to work for anyone else. I could also try and claim I didn’t know half the things that were going on under his watch, which was certainly true. Still I had a good idea about some of these things, as did everyone else in town, and I still didn’t turn down his job offer.

The worst scandal that Amon was part of was an indecent love affair with a local girl. According to rumors he blackmailed her into coming to his bed and being his trophy wife by threatening to buy up her mom’s house. After a few weeks though her mother died, and when it was apparent she would leave Amon he began to spread news stories about her all over the county. After a while the woman lost her job over the supposed trysts between her and at least half a dozen others in town. Now her boss knew the stories weren’t true, but the company couldn’t afford the business loss caused by the rumors.

After this the scene settled down again, and for a long time no one heard from Amon, who lived in a house I’d designed and his men had built just outside of town. In fact no one heard from his for several weeks, and after a brief search of his home it was determined that the man had vanished, his last visitor, according to a gate guard, being the woman whom he’d wronged. This aroused suspicions, but a search of the woman’s home, and several days of questioning came up empty, and though people still suspected her, nothing could be proven.

This ended Amon’s development plans for our fair town, and things began to get back to normal as the local banks were investigated by certain government parties, and found to have been doing dirty dealings. Though only two of those godless dogs ever went to prison for their involvement, most of the others went bankrupt as the locals stopped using them, going out of town to do their business, which actually punished a few innocents as well, but as has been stated else where, ‘life isn’t fair’.

Oddly though, it was revealed through the investigation that only one piece of property had never been in Amon’s hands, that piece being a small Curio Shop on Fifth Street with the sign of a tree with an eye hanging on front. No one actually knows what the owner’s name is, but questions about where the deed for his land is filed, if it is at all, led the Old Man to close his doors for several days, reopening again after people just stopped caring.

I, having been paid for what work I’d done for Amon, was at the top of the world for a long time afterward, several weeks total, as the money I’d made was enough to keep my current lifestyle up for over four hundred years, or so I calculated, and I regularly went days without leaving my home, coming out only to go to a bar or two for some drinks and maybe a one night stand. It was in one of these bars that I eventually met a woman who even then was famous for her past, though thanks to my own drunken stupor I didn’t realize who she was in the bar.

Halfway through the night she offered to take me back to her house so I could have the ride of a life time. Being what I was, namely a single male in a small town, I was delighted to go home with her, even though I kept my eyes open at this point, just in case she turned out to be some psycho who took people home and then chopped them up with an axe, hiding the pieces in the walls of the home creating an awful smell, this having happened once just three towns away.

Anyway, we went to her house, and as comes naturally we went through the Karma Sutra page by page. Well not literally, but you know what I mean. After several rounds with her I found my drunkenness was finally beginning to wear off, and a stray moonbeam struck the young lady’s face just as she and I were about to try for another go. I guess my face showed what I thought at this point, as she looked at me with a hurt expression, and instead of giving the bed another try, we ended up just sitting together, talking about her past.

Turns out the woman was that former lover of Amon’s who the paper lauded as a possible murderer, though whether they felt she was a villain or a hero for this was open to interpretation. It didn’t take her more than a few minutes to start spilling the beans on everything about what had happened between her and Amon, which wasn’t surprising when I realized I was probably the first person she’d been able to talk to normally, outside of her few friends, over the past couple of weeks, most people actually getting on the other side of the street to avoid her.

She revealed to me that she’d indeed killed Amon, though she lied about how she did it, or so I thought at the time. She claimed that somehow she was able to shrink Amon down to about two inches, after which she simply added him to a meal and ate him, swallowing him alive, and via another magical device she called a Raven’s Eye she watched him in her stomach as he digested, relishing his pain and suffering for what he’d done to her.

I didn’t believe a word of that, and told her so, after all magic doesn’t exist now, if it ever did. No one could miniaturize someone else, as that would involve too many problems to count, including breaking several of the laws of thermodynamics and relativity. Heck if it worked than Amon would have been a vegetable as the human brain stores a lot of its information as electrical signals that would fry anyone who was only two inches in height.

If she had indeed done this I asked her to show me the devices she spoke of, namely the necklace and the Raven’s Eye, which she, typically, had already returned the former to the Shop on Fifth Street, though she still had the latter, and showed me the two glass beads that did look like some kind of bird’s eyes. Touching one she revealed where it had been spotted with blood many times, and then proceeded to use a pen to cut her finger, I trying to stop her, but her telling me to just give her a minute, and then he applied one drop to each Eye, stepping over to a mirror and placing one Eye on it.

The effect was like something out of a movie, with the surface of the mirror rippling as it was touched by the magic of the Eye, and then it began to show on its surface whatever it was the other Eye was looking at, which at that time happened to be me. She asked me again if I believed in magic, to which I replied that the data was beginning to strongly favor that conclusion, but that I still didn’t believe she could shrink someone down to two inches.

It was at this point that she pulled out that little, two inch, wooden figurine that now stared at me from across the room. She asked if I wanted to try going through the same process as Amon, but safely this time. She assured me that she’d been assured by the Old Wolf, her name for the Curio Shop owner, that using the doll would insure that I wouldn’t be hurt by her digestive system. She even offered to swallow one of the Raven Eyes to keep an eye on me while I was inside her.

Now this is probably the point where most guys would turn around, walk out the door, and run away screaming. Me though, I thought it sounded fun. After all I was always searching for some unique experience, and this sounded lie it was the most unique experience I could ever hope to find. That said I still eyed the door for several minutes before finally sighing and getting her to tell me exactly how the Doll worked, and to assure me several times that I wouldn’t be hurt.

Turns out the Doll was quite simple to explain, if you believed in magic anyway. What it did was split your soul in two, putting one part in the Doll and leaving one part in your body, making it so that your body was basically a zombie that would follow any order given to it. According to her the Old Wolf had said that was the entire purpose of the Doll, which was created by a little known African Tribe to help them fight their wars. She also revealed that my soul could be broken so that only my consciousness, or self, would enter the Doll, leaving my memories back with my body, and she could even alter the size of the Doll, making me easier to swallow.

I awoke on her counter top, not knowing a thing about who I was, where I was, or how I was going to get home. Heck I didn’t even know I was on a counter top until the woman walked in, and then proceeded to ignore me, as I’d asked her to, while she fixed herself a nice sandwich. She really was quite a talented actress and at the time I had no idea she knew I was there, and actively placed me onto her meal so that my day in my goddess, for that was how I thought of her then, could begin.

After getting eaten, which was a rather interesting experience, I learned the downside of using the Doll, namely that I lost my manliness when in that other body, it having neither an ass nor a penis, though I only knew this when I actively thought about it, having not even realized that I was naked up to that point. Of course more immediate concerns came to point as my goddess continued to eat her sandwich, and I made the discovery that her digestive juices didn’t work on me, not even really feeling warm, which in truth I couldn’t feel hot or cold, namely because I was made of wood, though I didn’t know that at the time.

I didn’t get much more time to think about that though, as my goddess proceeded to go about her day, well aware of her little passenger. She felt every bump and tussle of my miniature body within her, saying later that it felt like being tickled from the inside by some kind of feather. My own day was what I can only describe as the greatest water flume ride I’d ever been on, with cushiony, soft walls, and perilous plummets over pretty steep seeming precipices. All of this leading up to a rather ignoble exit, that landed me right on a part of my own anatomy that I was missing at that time.

And thus did our relationship begin, and continue for the next few months. Everyday I would go over to her house, and every evening return, either to be ejected from my living ride, or to eject my passenger, who was always much happier than me about the exit. She told me once that she found it to be an exciting end to what amounted to the world’s ultimate deep throating experience. Myself, I would have preferred an exit with more class, but like the ancient proverb says, it’s not the destination that is important, but the journey itself, and man it is one hell of a journey.

We’ve also found out some rather unique things about the magic of the Doll. For instance our real bodies, no matter where they are or what they’ve seen always seem to be able to find us. This has come in handy on several occasions, the most specific being when Reese decided to go into the Doll without telling me, probably intending on surprising me or some such nonsense. Whatever the case I ate her at some point, probably with breakfast, though she won’t tell me exactly what she was in, and when I saw her body I asked it where she’d been all day, while on the john, thinking she was in it. Luckily the empty husk of her body pointed into the bowl just as I was about to flush it, revealing to me that she’d been frantically waving her arms to get my attention before I sent her into the sewers.

Since then we’ve been a little more careful. A very little, but still, at least a little. We’ve also developed these games that the two of us enjoy playing. The one I made, and my favorite is I make three sandwiches in the morning and hide in one, and when she goes off to work she picks one, both of us hoping she gets the one I’m in, but never really being sure she would. This once got us in trouble when one of her friends stopped by in the morning, taking the one I was hidden in and nearly biting me in half, before sending me into her gut. Again we lucked out and she came back to Reese’s house when I was getting out, Reese telling her to leave the toilet un-flushed because of a clogged drain. Whether she bought this or not we still debate, but she’s never asked us why.

Her favorite game is dog and mouse, as she calls it, during which we have had to lock up our respective animals, mine being Princess Valium, the gray mackerel tabby cat, and her’s being a huge German Shepard named Cheyenne, while one of us hunts the other in the house. It’s actually usually her in the role of the mouse, which is why I let her name the game. I have only once failed to find Reese during this little amusement, mostly because she cheated. Rather than hiding in the house proper, she hid inside Cheyenne, climbing inside his bowl and letting him eat her before the game started. I finally had to ask her body where she was and it opened up the room where Cheyenne was and pointed at the dog’s stomach. I have since taken to checking his food before this game. She usually fails to find me, which is why I think she likes being the mouse more.

We have half a dozen other games besides these, usually ending with the normal one eating the other, or doing something not nice to them, what that not nice thing is depends on which one of us is in the Doll, and of course how much time we had to play. So far except for her friend during that one incident, and one other involving a mutual friend named Melissa, no one else has ever been involved in our little fun, and for the most part we try to keep it a secret, both because we don’t know how others might react to what we do, and because it’s just more fun to have a secret like this.

A month ago our relationship took a new turn, when Reese invited me, and Princess, to live with her and Cheyenne. Now we were both independent adults, Reese and myself I mean, not the pets, and so moving in together was quite a big step. For one thing it meant we would have two of more than a few items, pets included. Well not so many items on my part, as I’ve said previously I had few material possessions to my name, and we were fast to determine what who’s stuff was better. This actually ended up being most of my stuff as I always bought the top of the line, and so even though her house is still strange to me, it feels like home every time I go into the kitchen and see my dishwasher and refrigerator.

Of course a few items I miss, though I admit a poster picture of Seven of Nine off Star Trek Voyager wasn’t really appropriate for Reese’s house. Still I like what I like, and she accepts this, though she tends to take things in strides. She can’t really complain though, her having an unusually large collection of heavily used Stretch Armstrong dolls from the early nineties. She claims they aren’t all her’s, and for the most part I believe her, but I think the majority of them were her playthings in a time when she didn’t have a real living Doll to play with.

Today is the day though. It marks not only my first month with Reese, but also that poor woman’s birthday, which birthday she won’t tell me, and I’ve found it better to never ask a woman this. She probably didn’t even know that I knew this fact, which was something Melissa had told me. Melissa was also aware of our little fun, mostly because she too had an item from the Curio Shop on Fifth Street, her’s being a ring that divided her into several copies of herself, allowing her to do the work of many in a short time.

This was actually a point of consternation between the two women for a long time, though it did not prevent Melissa from getting Reese her job back after Amon disappeared. Once they were coworkers again the two had a kind of rivalry, dropping hints to other coworkers about the magical item the other had. In the end, after they both found out I knew both of them, Melissa having been a mate in my old clique in high school, I helped to get the two to stop trying to get each other caught at the magic game, and then we played the sandwich game, with both taking one of the three sandwiches. Unluckily neither picked the one I was in, and worse yet Cheyenne did, swallowing the leftover sandwich whole after they had left the kitchen, and giving me an inside view of him that I hope never to repeat.

Today though I’m going to give Reese a new surprise, both a new twist on an old birthday gag, as well as getting her a present that is unlike anything else. First though I had to stand before my goddess with a straight face, not revealing anything of my secret plans. This would not be easy, and as I got up from the bed, slipping on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt I half hoped she had already left for her surprise party at work, which Melissa had been planning for weeks. Unfortunately I was greeted by her divine face as I walked down the stairs, her holding a try in front of me covered in food.

"Good morning Reese. You are in there, right?" I asked, remembering that incident where she’d hidden herself in my breakfast, by simply ordering her body to give it to me, and me not noticing that it hadn’t talked at all.

"Yes I am," she told me as she handed me the tray, which consisted of a bowl of cereal, a slice of severely burnt toast, and a banana. I smiled at her and accept the tray despite the awful smell of the toast, which was yet one more reminder of the fact that I was a better cook than her, she having caused a small fire boiling a pot of water for spaghetti.

"Good, then I don’t have to worry about a high fiber content to the cereal," I said, sitting down in my recliner, yet another piece of furniture from my old apartment, and I began to shovel spoonfuls into my mouth.

"Not today. Maybe tomorrow. Today I have to get going. The office called and they have a problem that they say only I can fix,' she complained, already wearing her work clothes, which looked like a business suit, except for the anklets that jiggled as she walked.

"What?! On a Saturday!" I said, trying to sound indignant. Of course I knew that this was Melissa’s party rather than real work. We’d planned it so that she would go up to the office, meet all her friends, and hobnob a bit before the party would transfer to another woman’s house, who according to Melissa was one of Reese’s closest friends. On her way over Reese was to swing by her house to get me, though I hadn’t told Melissa about my own little surprise.

"I know, but they say they really need me so I have to go. Well, enjoy your breakfast," she yelled to me as she grabbed her keys and made her swift exit. Continuing to shove as much of the simple meal as I could down my throat, only breaking to throw the toast away, I listened intently as Reese drove off, waiting until I could no longer hear her engine to run to the door myself. I knew I would have about an hour and a half to do what I wanted, which was just enough time. Grabbing my own keys I made my own beeline to the door and out of the house. Climbing into my car I revved the engine to life and shot off down the roads.

"Damn this town is dead," I commented as I pulled into the downtown area of our small town. As always seemed to happen on the weekend the place was like an old west ghost town, and I half expected to see a tumbleweed flying around somewhere, though I had yet to find it. Luckily this made it easy to navigate the streets, and I quickly found the location I was searching for, a small Curio Shop on Fifth Street, who’s sign was a tree with an eye.

Getting out of the car I stared at the building, inside of which lay things I could only imagine, things which had been lost to mankind for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Somewhere in there too was the keeper of these treasures, a monster of the old world, and son of a god, at least if Reese was right about him. This was the first time I’d ever come downtown to visit this shop, passing it by every time, yet now I went inside, facing both an aura of fear that clung to the place, and my own urge to just avoid trouble like it.

Steeling myself I went to the simple glass door, looking through it into the world I was about to enter, and finding it looked like any old curio shop, with nothing out of the ordinary in it at all. Boxes of nicknacks stood on shelves and a fine layer of dust seemed to cling to everything I could see within. Yet I knew that some of those things could preform wondrous feats, acts which many would probably consider to be acts of god. Taking a deep breathe I opened the door, and stepped into the dimly lit shop.

"Hello? Anyone home?" I ask the darkness, jumping as the door swings heavily shut behind me, ringing the bell overhead with a sound I fear could be heard a county away. It didn’t seem to attract any attention though, and my question went unanswered for what seemed like minutes before a crashing sound could be heard from behind a door beyond the shop’s counter. Without any real warning the door flew open and I was face to face with a legend of the old world, and found myself to be sorely disappointed.

"Yes, what do you want?" was the old man’s gruff reply. After all the stories Reese had told me about him I had expect something... impressive, upon meeting him, but from the looks of him he was just some old man, who had been in the dark too long and hadn’t bothered to tame his wild hair at all in the past few weeks, if not months.

"Well uh...um...well I was looking to buy something," I stammered out, and he eyed me as if I were a child.

"Well isn’t that all fine and dandy, seeing as how I sell things here, however you don’t look like the kind of guy who can handle what I deliver, so how about you run down to the Wal-Mart on the other side of town. They claim to have everything there," he told me dismissivly, and began to turn back towards the door out of which he’d come.

"Wait a second, I need something special, something only the who bit off Tyr’s arm sells," I said, and he paused in mid-stride, turning back to face me with a gauging look in his eye.

"And what would you know of Tyr?" he asked me, and I knew then that I’d won. He’d sell me something, though I knew the price might be a little steep.

"I know that you have his arm in the back of this shop. You vomited it up after the Battle at the End of the World, between your father and his allies, and your grandfather’s family and allies," I told him, not revealing his name, as Reese had told me he hated hearing it, probably because he no longer was the great wolf.

"Hmm? I guess that would make you the one who’s been staying with the red head?" he asked me, and I nodded.

"Yes, Reese and I have been living together for about a month. Her birthday is today, and she’s constantly talking about this place so I thought, you know, I might find a gift for her," I explained, and he looked me up and down several times, judging me, before shaking his head.

"Son of Adam, you do realize the nature of the things I sell? Are you sure you’d really want one of these cursed items to give as a gift?" he asked me, and looking at the objects in his shop, which I knew were all more than what they appeared, I nodded.

"Of course. After all if you really are the Great Wolf, then you’ve been around for a long time. You can’t tell me you haven’t found something that’s aesthetically pleasing in all that time," I told him, and he just shook his head at me again.

"The prettiest flowers always contain the sharpest thorns, child. You would do well to search for a gift elsewhere," he told me, turning back towards the door again. I knew that I had to say something fast to stop him, lest I lose this chance forever to gain the artifacts in the store that I sought.

"I know the dangers may be great, but I still will brave them. Besides I already know the object of my search is in the back of your store. It’s a small necklace, with gold trimmings, and a jewel on the bottom of the neck that is held by nothing, and spins," I said, describing as best I could what Reese had told me of the thing, one of the objects she’d seen after waking up in the back room of the Curio Shop after attempting to use the Amulet of Rhodes on the Old Wolf, an action that nearly killed her, but also later brought her to me after the Amulet had been taken back, and the Doll was given in its place.

"Your lady friend talks far too much," he commented to me, stopping where he was and turning to face me.

"That’s not a lie, but I love her anyway, and she describes that necklace with a passion. I do not know what price you want for it, but I wish it for her," I told him, and he stared at me again. There was no judgment in his eyes now, for he had already measured my will against his. Now there was only acceptance.

"Wait here," he said simply, proceeding through the door in the back, causing another clatter as he stepped into whatever it was he’d knocked over when I’d first entered the shop. I heard many curses being uttered, some in languages that must have been dead for thousands of years, but soon the voice of the Old Wolf faded, and I was left standing alone in the dimly lit shop. For a moment, just a brief moment, I considered running away. After all I really had no idea what I was getting into, but I didn’t run, and just stood still, and my patience was rewarded when the voice drew near again, the Old Wolf emerging from the back of the shop holding a large black box.

"This I believe is the artifact your lady desires, and in truth I cannot blame her. This jewelry was commissioned by Cleopatra herself, to accentuate her own beauty," he told me, opening one side of the box. I cannot fully describe what I saw inside it, mostly because the modern languages lack the words that could be used to understand such things. All I can say is that the gold necklace was nothing compared to the jewel, which hung from it in a small cage, yet always appeared to be floating within that prison, spinning and glittering like a star pulled from the heavens.

"It’s beautiful," I said, not knowing what else there was to say, and the Old Wolf nodded.

"That’s exactly how my brother described it when he gave it to me to sell, though the bastard didn’t bother to explain where he got it from. I had to get that from our sister," he complained, shutting the box and allowing me to think clearly again. Shaking my head I cleared away the euphoric feeling that the jewel on the necklace had caused and tried to focus on what I’d just been told.

"Wait a moment, you mean the Serpent was able to get that from Cleopatra?" I asked, wondering how the Old Wolf’s brother would have been able to do such a thing.

"Well no, not the Serpent, who, amusingly, was born a cat. Not many people know that fact, so keep it to yourself. Like myself my brother and sister are humans now. Jor just happened to catch the lady’s eye, and was given the necklace when he left," he explained.

"Wow, now that’s a parting gift," I said, stunned that such a thing would have been given so lightly to anyone.

"It’s not really that hard to understand my friend. After all Cleo’s gods prided themselves in having function over beauty, and despite the jewelry’s appearance it does nothing but sit there and look pretty. According to Sis the Queen of the Nile was happy to be rid of it as it became the center of attention, rather than complementing her own beauty," he said.

"So it doesn’t do anything else?" I asked him, trying to make sure of what I was getting myself into before I took that last great leap.

"Well, I don’t think so. I mean I’ve tested this piece of junk against every Egyptian spell and incantation I know, but nothing happens, though I feel something when I look at. Probably just some aftereffect of the charm that creates the jewel. Anyway, because of that I haven’t been able to get rid of the star damnable thing. After all most people who come to me are searching for power in one form or another, and while beauty sometimes equals power, its never nearly enough," he explained to me, and I nodded, as I remember Reese saying that she was referred to the Shop by Melissa, who was referred to it by someone else, and then again, and probably again. Only those who wanted power would learn of the shop’s true nature, and few among them would settle for such a trinket as the necklace.

"How much do you want for it then? A few years?" I asked, remembering that the shop’s prices were in hours of your life rather than in money. A steep price indeed, but for Reese it would be worth it. This time rather than looking at me the Old Wolf looked at the necklace box, staring at the black surface for a while before finally sighing and turn to me with a rather disturbing smile.

"You know what? You can just take it. It’s not like I’ll ever unload this piece of junk on anyone else. And besides thinking about my family has made me a bit sentimental. I think I’ll call them up tonight just to see how they’re doing," he told me, pushing the box over to me.

"So, your family’s still alive?" I asked him, and he looked at me again, seemingly surprised that I would ask such a question.

"Well, not all of them. My sons are dead, but my sister is an actress in Hollywood, and my brother is the top used car salesman in the state," he told me, and for a moment I wanted to ask more, but decided it best not to try and find out too many details about a former god and his family. Instead I took up the box and tilted my head at the Old Wolf.

"Well then, my dear Fen, I don’t know whether I’ll see you again or not, so I wish you good health and better travels," I told him, remembering an old Norse parting phrase, and I saw a flash of recognition in his eyes.

"And to you as well. May the tide always take you home," he returned, going back into the rear of the shop, a smile on his face. Considering myself lucky to have not only gained the object of Reese’s desire, but done so for free, I was smiling myself as I left the shop, the black box in my arm. Placing it in the passenger seat of my car I set a personal best time in getting from downtown to home, running three red lights so as to get home to finish my preparations for Reese’s arrival. After all that gift would be only one part of my surprise.

Opening the door with a slam I checked the clock to find my trip downtown had wasted almost half my time limit, and so I rushed into the kitchen to make the next part of my surprise. Luckily, being the better cook in the house, I’d been given almost complete control of the kitchen, and so I was able to gather all the supplies I needed in seconds, and took out an already prepared bowl of batter, which Reese believed was for her company’s annual picnic next week. Pouring the goo into a mold I filled it half full, and then stopped, inserting a small metal ball, before topping it off.

Placing the molding tin into the oven I set the timer and watched as the goo which looked white and pale began to turn into a nice looking cupcake, which I would hopefully be able to decorate and climb into before Reese got home. This was my own little variation on the popping out of the cake routine which I knew was popular at some parties, though none of the one’s I frequented. Watching it for only a few minutes I kept looking at the clock as it counted down until Reese would be back.

I willed the timer to go faster, though it seemed to me that it only caused the blasted thing to move that much slower. It felt like hours, but I knew it was only minutes, before the timer beeped and I pulled my confection from the oven. I set it gently on the counter, letting it cool for only a moment before I began to finish my work. Taking a butter knife from a drawer I cut off the top of the cupcake, revealing the pristine metal sphere at its core. A quick tug brought it out, and reminded me that metal conducted heat quite well.

After running cool water over my burned fingers I began to frost the cupcake, piling a bit on the top, before adding some to the rim of the open bottom of the cupcake, this making it far less suspicious as to why the frosting was hanging from the bottom. As a final touch I added a small note written in frosting that asked Reese to come find me, which she would hopefully take to mean I was hiding somewhere in the house, only to be startled as I burst from inside the treat, thus allowing her to decide if she wanted me with her at her party, or in her, either way being fine with me.

With this done I set about finishing my surprise. Leaving the box with then necklace in it on the counter I went upstairs to the bedroom and picked up the Doll, which was still standing where I’d left it on the dresser. Claiming my prize I walked back downstairs towards the kitchen, only to find that my plans were under assault by a terrible and fiendish foe.

"Cheyenne, down boy!" I shouted at the dog, and he whimpered, pulling away from the cake, which he had been about to lap up in the same way he’d done to a sandwich containing, among other things, me, a few weeks ago. Looking at him I knew he wasn’t going to stay away from the tasty treat, probably eating it when I went away, or rather when I climbed inside it. Realizing this I grabbed his collar and led him from the room, seeing Princess as I walk staring at us both from the couch.

"You too, Princess, come on," I told her, and like an obedient child she leapt from her perch and followed after the dog and myself, walking towards the rear of the house, and opening the laundry room door.

"Okay, now both of you be good while mommy and daddy have some fun," I told them, dragging Cheyenne inside, and followed seconds later by Princess. Now some would think a huge dog and a small cat wouldn’t get along in such an enclosed environment, but this is what Reese and I usually did during our little games, opening the door hours later to find Princess sleeping atop Cheyenne, who lay statue still in the center of the room.

Leaving the two animals to their own devices I went back into the kitchen to find the cupcake already cooling nicely. The clock on the wall showed that I had about ten minutes until Reese returned home, and without any farther delay I picked up the Doll, placing it atop the black box which sat on the counter. Opening the box I marveled for a moment at the beauty of the jewel hanging on the necklace, before I placed my hand on the Doll and began to recite the incantation that would leave me feeling for a while.

Odd, was the thought that filtered through my mind as I went into the Doll. Usually when I did this, whether Reese was doing it to me, or I was doing it on my own, I felt something akin to being ripped apart for a split second before a falling sensation. This time though there was no moment of pain and suffering at all, and for a brief moment I was actually afraid that I’d forgot the incantation and would have to abort my plan, before a sharp tug pulled at me, and I felt like I had just jumped out of a plane.

After a few seconds of dizziness, that always happened after being put into the Doll, I looked around to find that whatever had gone wrong was only temporary. A quick check of my surrounding revealed me to be standing on a gigantic, black mesa, staring over at the colossal form of my own body as it stood rigid and still over me. Looking up from my angle I saw that I needed another shave already, and wished that I’d thought of that beforehand, but had no time to worry about it now.

"Okay, now gently as you can, place me into the cupcake’s hollow," I said, not shouting or anything. An oddity Reese and I had found was that the Doll allowed us to command our own bodies when they were in the same room as us without raising our voices, though we’d also found that we had to be very specific in the instructions, lest the body do something wrong. Luckily my instructions in this case were quite simple, and my body obeyed easily, picking me up by the scruff of my neck and depositing me inside the cupcake.

"Alright, now what I want you to do is take the cupcake top, and place it on top of the bottom once I finish speaking. After that you are to take the black box beside me that contains the necklace for Reese and go into the hallway closet. When I pop out of the cupcake and yell 'Surprise' you are to emerge and show her the present," I instructed my body, talking as fast as I could, because the instant I stopped the empty husk that was me picked up the top of the cupcake and dropped it on top of me, sealing me inside the darkness.

With nothing to do but wait I had time to think about how absurd this whole situation was, with me waiting inside a pastry for some woman to return home and likely eat me. Pushing at said pastry I fluffed it like a pillow and laid back, feeling the warmth of it flow it me. It was actually almost burning me in some places, but overall it was like a heating pad. For a long time I sat there in the absolute darkness, finding it only slightly odd that I could see inside Reese’s stomach and not inside a cupcake. Soon I found it harder and harder to keep my eyes open, wondering where Reese was, before at last my eyes closed, and refused to open.



Coming home in a huff I rushed into the house, so that I could go upstairs and change into what Jon had often called my street clothes. Being what he was Jon seldom wore anything but a t-shirt and jeans, while I, an office drone, always had to be in a nice dress, with my hair neatly styled, and my face always smiling. It wasn’t that I was really jealous of him for this, just annoyed by it, because he would probably already by ready to go over to Jenny’s house, while I would need some time to change.

"Jon, baby? You home?" I yelled upstairs, and getting no answer I ran up to our room, finding nothing there I went straight to work on my clothes, changing as fast as I could. According to Melissa I was supposed to have been home over an hour ago, but the office party had ended up taking far longer than she’d planned and she’d forgotten all about Jon, whom I was supposed to pick up and take to Jenny’s house with me.

At first I thought that maybe he’d gone on his own, because even though his car was here, Jenny’s house was not far, just a few hundred yards down the road from mine, but then I remembered that Jon had no idea who Jenny was, and from what Melissa had said he didn’t even know that was where the party was going to go after the office. With that bit of info I was able to surmise where Jon was, and the instant I was finished dressing I went downstairs, and sure enough the animals were locked up in the laundry room.

"Okay, guys. You can come out now. Jon, where are you? We have to go!" I shouted, knowing he had to hear me no matter where he was in the house. He still didn’t answer though, and since I didn’t see his body anywhere it was probably hiding too. Thinking he might have done something simple, at least from the way Cheyenne shot off towards the kitchen I thought he might have, I followed the dog, who instantly tried to grab something on the counter in his maw.

"Down Cheyenne!" I yelled at the dog, who backed away, whimpering as he always did, before skulking off. Looking at what he’d been about to scarf down I found it to be a cupcake. Oddly this cupcake had writing on it in frosting.

"‘Come and find me’," I read it aloud, looking about. The only thing that caught my eye though was the clock, which in this case showed me I was already late for the second half of the party, a barbeque over at Jenny’s. I didn’t have time to find Jon, and so I grabbed the cupcake off the counter and ran to the door.

"If you get into your body in the next few minutes, the party is at that yellow house down the road!" I shouted, before taking a bite of the tasty, if overfrosted treat, and rushing out the door.



I awoke with a start again, for the second time that day. This one had a less than mundane reason though, as I suddenly found my baked good carrier being moved about sharply, tossing me against a side. I knew instantly that Reese was home, but I found that her hand was moving the cupcake so roughly I couldn’t stand up and push at the cake, so I just sat back, waiting for her to sit down and enjoy the damn thing.

"If you get into your body in the next few minutes, the party is at that yellow house down the road," I heard her voice say, and was surprised to find that I could barely make it out, despite that fact that she was shouting into the house. She obviously thought that I was hiding in the house, and had no idea yet that I was in her hand, preparing to give her a big surprise, both in my gift, and in me popping out of the cupcake, as soon as she...

"Oh shit!" I shouted as that wall in front of me suddenly vanished, admitting both the light of day and blinding me, as well as several large white things that were tearing at my ride. Obviously I should have realized at her last statement that she was going to eat the treat on her way over, but I’d been slightly preoccupied, and so had missed it. Reese’s mouth pulled back, or rather the cupcake pulled back from her mouth, and I watched in awe as huge ropes of spittle connected my ride and her mouth for a moment, snapping when they got to their limit.

As her jaw moved rhythmically up and down, shredding and grinding her latest conquest I found I couldn’t move from where I was, looking down I discovered that my leg had fallen into one of the pours of the bread, and was now throughly enmeshed with it, and that the strength of my body was not enough to get it free. I noticed something else too as I looked down, something very odd about my current form.

"What the hell?" I asked, staring down at my dick, which shouldn’t have been there. Of course staring at my manliness made me think about the fact that I’d actually fallen asleep earlier, something I’d never been able to do in the Doll before, and before that I’d felt the heat of the cupcake very acutely, which was odd because I usually had a dulled sense of temperature while inside the Doll. Then, while inside the cupcake I hadn’t been able to see at all, despite the fact that I was able to see perfectly well inside Reese’s stomach before.

"I’m screwed," I observed, not very scientifically. It didn’t really take a genius to figure out that something was wrong, and a quick pinch of my arm revealed that not only was my skin real, where it should have been made of wood, but that I could feel pain just as well as I could in my human body. All these observations done I looked over to see Reese fumbling in her pocket far below, probably trying to find her keys, as she opened her mouth.

"Reese, wait!" I shouted at her as my prison moved forward. Unfortunately even had she seen me it was unlikely she would have stopped, and with her so focused on getting her keys she didn’t even hesitate to move me upward. Her maw gapped open like some cavern of soft flesh, her throat visible from my angle as her tongue moved down and her uvula moved upward like parting curtains of some show. Little tendrils of spit hung from everywhere, and slowly I moved forward into that cavern, over and under the white boulders that would soon reduce me to a mushy paste.

With a jerk both the cupcake and myself stopped inside her mouth, and the light faded quickly as the doorway to the outside world was shut off. Now lost in pure darkness I couldn’t see anything, but all around me were the sounds I’d grown to know over the past few months. The bass thumping of her heart, the slow gurgle of her stomach as it began to work on what Reese had sent down to it just moment ago, and where I would be going if I didn’t think of something very quickly.

My first problem though was getting out of the cupcake, which proved impossible for me to do with my leg still caught. Pulling at it did little good, and I felt the cake grow spongy as Reese’s saliva slowly seeped into it, so that it held me even tighter than before. I didn’t bother wasting my breathe on another shout, as I knew she wouldn’t hear it and I needed everything I had if I was going to survive this, but I was able to do very little else, as quite suddenly I felt her head tip back, and my ride and I went sliding over her smooth tongue, slamming into the back of her throat, which felt warm and inviting even as it pressed me into the pastry.

::GULP:: the sound was all around me, as always, and I felt as the wall undulated at my touch, sending me into a sharp drop. Unlike before, when I’d been wood, I felt the walls slickness, and found it was actually more arousing now than before as it rubbed against the exposed piece of my body with a softness and warmth that belied the place where it was taking me. It wold have been a pleasant experience except for the fact that I was slowly being crushed inside the cupcake as the walls of Reese’s throat guided us down, stopping a second at the muscle that led into her stomach, which opened to admit the additional snack.

The freefall had always been my favorite part of the ride, as I never had any idea what I was going to fall into. Several times Reese’s stomach had been empty, and I’d struck the slimy folds of her stomach with a squishing sound. Other times it had been full of food and drink, and I entered with a light splash, when I struck the liquid, or a gooey, splork sound when I landed inside the masticated food bits. Every time it had been a soft experience.

This time it was rough and painful as my ride struck the bottom of her stomach with a splash. Acid was already floating everywhere and the air smelled of food and drink. Mostly the food smelled like it was cake and stuff, while the drink was obviously some kind of alcohol, which had probably made it even less likely that Reese would notice me. Of course at my size I couldn’t tell how much she’d been drinking, and I doubted any of her coworkers would let her drive drunk, so I was confident that it really wasn’t that much.

While pondering all this I began to feel the world shift and quake. The liquid in Reese’s belly sloshed about as she moved around it, and from somewhere far outside I heard the sound of a car motor start. Her body, sensing that she was at rest, instantly decided to proceed straight to digest, and not pass GO or collect two hundred dollars. Everywhere around me in he darkness I could hear the sound of water trickling into the lake upon which I was floating, and I knew her stomach was dumping gallons of acid out, at least from my perspective.

"Reese, please! Stop!" I shouted. Not sure what else I could do. I dare not even move from the cupcake lest the acid kill me instantly, and it seemed for the moment it would not sink, though I knew that wouldn’t last. Her body, whether it heard me or not, decided to ignore me, and continued to pump out liquid.

Not long after I could hear a sizzling, bubbling sound, and I realized the acid had reached the edge of my little floating island. Soon it, and more importantly I, would be reduced to enzymes for Reese’s body to absorb, a fate I’d escaped many times, but could see no way out of this time. Hearing her humming to some tune on the radio I wondered if she would cry when she figured out what happened. I lost that train of thought though as the air became a miasma, and my chest started to burn inside. I was breathing in acid, and wouldn’t be able to stay awake much longer.

"Reese, I-::HACK;COUGH::," I tried to speak but my throat was already achy. I was dying deep inside the center of Reese.

"Reese, I love you. Do you hear that? No matter what happens, I love YOU!" I shouted it out as loud as I could. I knew it to be simple theatrics, something a hero would say in some melodramatic moment in a badly written story, but hey, it felt right, and it gave me something to laugh about as I slowly drifted into a sleep from which I would not awaken. I don’t know about anyone else, but I thought if I could die with a smile on my face, that would make it a good death, and as the darkness claimed me I was smiling, both at my last little joke, and at Reese, for all the fun times she’d given me.

I hoped that she would take care of Princess for me, and that she would never find anyone else to share this with. I know that last piece was a bit selfish, but hey, I was dying, and selfish was something I could be. I chuckled again at that last thought, and then I closed my eyes, letting out one last, deep sigh as the loud world of absolute darkness around me vanished into the world of silent absolute darkness that existed only inside my own head.