- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This was pounded out in about two days over Christmas break, purely because inspiration hit me like a ton of bricks. It probably won't be finished anytime soon because the next couple of months are really important school-wise. If it does get finished, tags will be added accordingly.

EDIT: Hey guys, I learned how to paragraph.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Suggestions are always appreciated.
Jourdyn sat in her desk, idly bouncing her leg as the lesson about what makes a person become a serial killer continued. Her sociology class was interesting and engaging most of the time, but lately it had just become one large droning loop of boring facts about culture differences. The section about serial killers, however, had piqued her interest. As the announcer of the show American Justice continued to narrate the atrocities committed by infamous Wisconsin grave robber and killer Ed Gein, Jourdyn recalled the girls who had gone missing without a trace two years ago. Their names were Darian and Kailey, Jourdyn thought. Of course, she hadn't come to this school until her junior year, one year after the incident. She had heard the rumors, though. Some had said they were kidnapped, being held captive in some psycho's backyard. Others whispered they had simultaneously committed suicide by drowning, their bodies sinking to the freezing depths of the lake to be eaten by fish. Others still insisted that they had run off to Las Vegas to get married at a drive through chapel. Some even murmured amongst themselves that they had seen the parents of the girls expanding on their respective houses, and claimed that the girls' bodies were trapped behind layer upon layer of brick, mortar, sheetrock, and plaster in these new rooms to hide the bane of their parents' guilt. Of course, many of these seemed terribly far fetched to Jourdyn, but, if there were men out in the world who made lampshades and skin suits out of human corpses while also feeding human flesh to his unwitting neighbors, she supposed anything was possible. The bell rang and Jourdyn sighed, picking up her books and pushing back her nearly shoulder length hair. It was her senior year, a time when most would only screw around and pay no attention to their studies. She knew she couldn't afford to do that, it would only make her suffer in the long run. Jourdyn stood, trying to let the remainder of the lesson sink into her mind as best as she could, given that she hadn't actively watched it. When she looked up, she saw a pair of brown eyes staring at her. After she shot the girl a confused glare, the girl diverted her attention to the floor. Jourdyn walked out of the room slightly unsettled.

The girl smirked, unseen by Jourdyn. From beneath her bangs a look of hatred crossed her face, the feeling of contempt for the bug in her shoe reaching immeasurable levels. She supposed she could just cut her fun short and dispose of it now rather than later. Anna collected her books, putting much pressure on her right foot. She enjoyed the renewed squirms of her toy and was almost sorry to see her go. Anna quietly followed the rest of her class out the door and headed to the bathroom. After putting her books in her locker Anna quickly waltzed into the girls restroom, locked herself in a stall, and removed her shoe.

"Well, hey there." Anna addressed the tiny figure, beaten and bloody. The poor girl being dangled from Anna's fingers was covered in livid bruises, her left eye swelled shut. Blood trickled from the corner of her mouth, her ivory teeth stained crimson as she wailed apologies and pled for mercy. "It's too late for apologies, sweetie." Anna scolded. "You never regretted what you did to me or to anyone until I took it into my own hands. You know, this is the same road everyone I've punished has taken and none of them had regretted what they did until I punished them. They're all dead now. What makes you so special?" As the girl whimpered out a pathetic answer to the wrathful giantess, the sound of another person entering went unheard by Anna, who was too enwrapped in her feeling of power to notice or care. "Hm..." Anna put a long, purple painted fingernail to her lips in thought. Coincidentally, the girl who was now clutched in the grip of her fingers had been forced to paint her fingernails and toenails this very color just a few days before. Anna slowly unfurled an evilly decisive grin on her lips. "I know just what to do with you..."

Jourdyn entered the bathroom in curiosity upon hearing what she thought was conversation, although one-sided. As she slipped into the stall nearest to the speaker, one particular statement made her freeze. "They're all dead now. What makes you so special?" Jourdyn swallowed with difficulty as she was sure she had heard something she wasn't meant to. However, figuring she had gotten herself into a mess this far, she decided there was no turning back. She quietly stood on the rim of the toilet, rising up on her toes to peek over the edge of the wall. Jourdyn gasped, quickly covering her mouth. She felt her eyes widen as she continued to stare at the bizarre occurrence. A shorter girl stood in the opposite stall, clad in a tighter fitting gray sweater and blue jeans. She had donned her feet in matching gray suede boots, one of which was now poised atop the handle of the toilet. She had pulled back her light brown hair into a tight ponytail, her hair the exact opposite of Jourdyn's fire engine red locks. Chocolate colored eyes sparkled from behind thick glasses as her purple talons dangled their prey helplessly above the water.

"Oh my god..." Jourdyn whispered in disbelief while she watched the poor bruised squealing creature be tormented by the sick girl without mercy. She felt bile rise in her throat and choked back a scream when her mind finally registered what that creature was: a human being. The tiny thing was writhing and flailing in a futile attempt to get away, fully aware of its impending death. Sadly, the tiny girl's attempts to escape only served to fuel the flicker of insanity in her psychotic captor's eyes.

"I think I'll just flush you away!" Anna pushed down the toilet handle with the sole of her boot, laughing with sadistic enjoyment as she dipped her shrieking toy near the swirling waters then pulled her out again, only to repeat the process. "Y'know," Anna giggled over the tiny girl's frantic screams, "I think I might crush you first. Mash together all your little limbs and guts into one ball of gore and flush it down the toilet. Then I'll just wipe the blood on my hand onto a pad. You'll be thought of as nothing more than a period!" Jourdyn gripped the separating wall white-knuckled as she watched the scene before her unfold. She tried so hard to be still and silent while the madness continued, that is, until she lost her footing. Her gray eyes widened and her heart skipped a beat as one foot slid off the porcelain rim with an audible squeak. She had gotten herself caught. Anna quickly snatched the bug-girl back into her fist and whipped her head to the left, locking eyes with Jourdyn. Jourdyn's pulse quickened and she began to sweat as the cruel girl stared at her, her eyes narrowed into what could only be described as a death glare. Jourdyn stepped down from the toilet as fast as she could and raced to her next class, unsure as to whether she should tell someone what she had seen. She shuddered as she tried to calm herself, struggling to convince her mind that Anna hadn't gotten a good enough look at her.

Anna smiled subtly to herself and smoothed her hair, calmly unlocking the stall door and stepping into the main restroom. The struggles in her hand were fading; a quick squeeze revamped them to new heights. Anna quietly unwrapped a sanitary napkin, setting it next to her on the sink counter. Looking into the mirror, she flashed herself the biggest, fakest, ear-to-ear grin she could muster. It quickly faded on her worn out, tired face. Without any more flair she suspended her fist above the sink and squeezed. The slight pounding on her flesh had disappeared quickly, making way for a cacophony of cracking bones and squelching organs accompanied by the thread of blood that trickled out from the bottom of her fist. The ichor slipped down the bottom of her hand, condensing into droplets that splattered against the contrasting pure white sink. A deep, throaty chuckle escaped from Anna's lips as she released the water, cleansing her hand and washing away all evidence of her misdeed. In one swift motion she opened her fist to reveal the slight pinkish-red mass in the center of her palm, something completely unrecognizable from its original form. She grinned slyly, dumping the fleshy mound onto the center of the pad. Anna made quick work of it, spreading it in uneven streaks around the pad from end to end. When she was finished, she rolled up the pad and wrapped it in toilet paper, pausing to rinse the gore from her hand. She turned off the water, dried off her hands, tossed the "used" napkin into the trash bin, and checked for any leftover bloodstains, before leaving, satisfied. That was the end of that. Now, to take care of her witness...

Jourdyn nervously made her way home, her feet pounding on the sidewalk. It was dark, clouds saturated with fat raindrops hung morosely in the sky above. Jourdyn looked over her shoulder again, nearly paranoid that the girl was following her. A dark human-like shape darted just out of her vision, terrifyingly fast. Jourdyn jumped in panic and ran into the woods, dodging trees and low lying branches. She stumbled a bit but continued to run blindly into the forest. Suddenly she tripped over what she presumed was a root. She skinned her knee as she landed roughly on the dirt below, wet, rotting leaves coating her shoes.

"Ugh..." Jourdyn groaned as she rolled over onto her back. She slowly looked up, not prepared for what she would see. Her heart jumped into her throat as her pupils shrank to pinpricks, her pulse racing and pounding in her head. She struggled to say something, to say anything, but all that came out were horrified breaths. A crack of thunder sounded above and thick sheets of rain poured from the heavens, accompanying the figure's rasping, insane laughter. The figure brought her gray boot down into the mud puddle in front of her, splattering Jourdyn with droplets of dirty water. Jourdyn groaned, eliciting more laughter from the darkness shrouded figure. Jourdyn looked up pleadingly, begging not to be harmed. "Please..." she whimpered. The figure laughed harder, leaning ever so slightly on what Jourdyn identified as a baseball bat. A bolt of lightening streaked across the sky, giving light to those same cruel brown eyes.

"Did you really think I wouldn't know?" Anna asked rhetorically.

"P-please... I won't tell anybody, I-I swear! I swear!" Jourdyn whimpered as she tried to crawl backwards. Anna raised her baseball bat.

"Oh, I know you won't." Anna brought the bat back, preparing to swing. Jourdyn weakly held out her hand as if to say "no", but Anna ignored it. "Night-night!" Anna shouted as she struck Jourdyn in the back of the head with brunt force. Jourdyn's eyes closed immediately and her body tensed slightly before it dropped like a rock. Anna chuckled to herself as she opened Jourdyn's mouth and unscrewed the top of a small bottle. She dumped its clear contents down Jourdyn's throat and forced her to swallow. The liquid quickly worked its magic and Anna stuck Jourdyn's unconscious body in her pocket, just like she had done with so many foolish others. "We're going to have lots of fun together..." Anna whispered, picking up her baseball bat and heading for home.