- Text Size +

I had originally written more, but I felt like it would be best to cut a bit out. It ended up being a bunch of chapters all about how Nick was trapped in the lunchroom and a few fun events that happened in that time. After re-reading, I found that there was barely any humor involved, so I deleted the chapters. I know what my people want, and that is defiantly not giant related smut.

 

“Hey,” Sam said, a freshman that had been enjoying a slice of pizza. “There’s a fly in your soup.”

            “Holy shit Sam,” Jake exclaimed in annoyance as he turned to his friend. “You make lame jokes every second of the day, but I will honestly throw you in a leach infested swamp if you finish that one!”
            Sam looked at his friend with a face that failed to show even the slightest of emotions. “Okay then, enjoy your soup.”

            “Thank you,” Jake said honestly as he turned back to his bowl. His eyes widened when he saw the small bug floating in the red liquid. He glanced back at Sam, who was laughing to himself. “Don’t say a god damned thing.” Jake stood up, taking his tray to the garbage can.

 

            Nick had launched himself into the nearest food item his bug eyes found, which happened to be the tomato soup he was now swimming in. The delicious taste was like nothing he had ever known before. Even though it was terrible by normal standards, it was a delicacy to a fly.

            The tiny bug soon lost all sense of where he was, and the potential dangers that surrounded him. So complete was his ecstasy that he didn’t even notice the few sips Jake had taken, or the fact that he was being walked over to the trashcan.

            It was only when the soup was poured out that Nick regained his composure. He tumbled through the air, his wings weighed down by the thick soup that clung to his body like newborn clings to its mother. No matter how much you want it to just leave you alone for five freaking minutes, it holds tight.

Nick landed on a plastic lunch tray, soup poring onto him like a magnificent, blood red waterfall. It stopped soon, and the bowl was tossed down, landing lightly on top of the small fly.

Quickly, Nick shook his head; trying to retch himself from the hypnosis the food had put him in. As he looked around, he noticed that he was not in total darkness, as he had expected. Instead, he was bathed in a faint, yellow glow. Smells assaulted his nasal cavities, but they weren’t the normal, beautiful, scents of food that had been so enticing. The stench of a multitude of half eaten lunches combined, forming a smell that no one would be attracted to. Except that fly that Nick had met outside. He would probably love it.

The tiny flyboy crawled around the slimy plate, trying to find some way to free himself from the bowl that surrounded him.

“Well,” he said allowed to himself, his high voice echoing off the walls of the bowl. “Guess worse things could happen.” He started scooting around the bowls edge, hoping to find a small opening he might have missed. “I could have been stepped on again, or eaten alive, or sat on, or baked into a pie…” He reached the point he started at. It didn’t appear as if there was a way to escape, but he wasn’t one to loose hope. He started on another lap around. “Or worse yet, I could be trapped in here with that ugly ass fly. Or another snail. Man, screw snails.”

He stopped as he heard a few unintelligible sounds above him. A crash echoed through his prison as more food was dropped into the bin. The giant’s plate came next, crashing down on the flimsy bowl that held Nick captive, splitting it in two with a massive smash.

Nick jumped, the plate having missed him by only a few inches. His heart was pounding, but he soon regained himself. After all, he wasn’t trapped anymore.

He crawled out from between the cracks of the dinnerware, once again free to bask in the artificial light that bathed the cafeteria. Not the nice artificial light that you could find at a high-end business though. This was the type of light that had a yellow tinge to it. The type that would always give you a headache if you spent more than an hour near it, whether that be because of the slightly putrid sent, the annoying buzzing of exactly one lamp per room, or the vast amounts of toxic chemicals they were undoubtedly pumping out. These factors made the lights cheep, and so were absolutely perfect to be installed in a school.

Nick flapped his buggy wings. He hated to admit it, but he was starting to like them. The light played off them so smoothly, like the suns reflection off of a serine lake.

Unknown substances flew from his wings as he tried to take off. He found he was unable to, the discarded waist he had fallen in still clinging to his hairy body.

“Ugh,” He groaned as he realized that he was still trapped. “Does this really need to happen? Does it!” No one responded. “And where’s that wizard kid anyway?”

Just as he asked that, calling the question to the heavens above, as if by magic, nothing happened. So Nick continued to flap his wings, attempting to dry them quicker.

He was safe for a few moments, but fate grows bored rather quickly.

 

Some unknown freshman walked over to the yellow lunch bin, a plate of mostly eaten burrito in his hands. He was engrossed in conversation with his friend, and so was unaware of the small fly below.

Nick looked up as the sound of conversation grew closer. He saw the boy above him, holding the tray of food over the trashcan.

“I know what your thinking,” Nick said allowed, aware that there was no chance the boy would hear him. “But let me tell you something about some poor kids in Africa that deserve that food more than me.”

He didn’t even have time to finish his ramblings before the freshman released the tray, its contents plummeting towards the small boy below.

A mass of ground meet plopped onto him, pushing him down to the cold plate he had been standing on. The aroma of hot sauce penetrated his nostrils, wafting up to his brain where he could feel it eating away at his nerve endings. It was not because it was so spicy, but because the unbelievable blandness of it was too much for any mortal to truly comprehend.

Grumbling continuously, the fly managed to dig his way free of the burrito mess. Once again his eyes were exposed to the annoying lighting.

“This better not go on for a while,” he said with a grimace as he pulled the rest of his body out of the pit of unknown meats. Well, meat is an assumption.

That went on for a while. A continuous cycle of students finishing their lunches and dumping them into the garbage, covering Nick in piles of mostly eaten food, preventing his escape.

“Really!” he called up as nearly three fourths of a sandwich barely missed him. “You barely even ate it!”

“So,” a voice started from behind him. Nick turned slowly, knowing all to well the source. “Having fun?” the now shrunken, but still short, wizard asked.

“Not as much as I was,” Nick responded.

“Yeah, I got that impression. Watching stuff get pilled on top of you isn’t that fun.”

“Wait,” Nick said, catching something in the boy’s last sentence. “You’ve been watching me?”

“Yep,” Macle replied happily. “The whole time. Up to now it was amazing.” Nick groaned loudly, more for effect than anything.

“I’m not even surprised,” he said after the moan had gone on long enough.

“That’s why I’m here anyway.” Nick continued to stare at him Blankley, which was even more unnerving since he was a fly. “I’m going to make it so you can fly again!” Macle had lost none of his pleasant mood.

“Thanks,” Nick said, surprised. He never actually thought that the small demon would do something helpful. “Just, please don’t mess it up.”

“Oh my deer fly,” Macle said as he started moving his hands in seemingly random motions. “I never messed anything up.”

A cloud of pink smoke with sparkles appeared around the fly, circling around him in a puff of magic. By the time the thick smog dispersed, Nick was completely cleaned, and the little demon had vanished once again.

Quickly he tested his wings, and sure enough, he lifted into the air.

“Ha!” Nick laughed, amazed that everything was actually working out. He could hear another person approaching, so he quickly shot up, flying into the open air and out of the horrible entrapment that was the garbage can.

Chapter End Notes:

Just want to make some things clear, I didn’t actually cut anything out, so don’t spam the comments section begging me to add it in. But don’t worry; the next chapter will have some more action in it. (I plan to post it soon. Like today soon.)