- Text Size +
Story Notes:
When all my friends and me shrink in my house we suddenly can't even move and that's just when hell walks through the door.
This is the beginning of a story that changes life as we know on earth. This part is full of women who are completely unaware of what has happened to the men on earth. It is also my story that ended my life in a cruel and painful way.

The worlds best scientific research centre in Central London tested an experiment to shrink everything on earth except for the natural resources. They hoped to help the food problems and create more room to grow these large foods and build bigger houses.

As they mixed together the formulae they added the final ingredient to complete the experiment and help the world. The ingredient which will be unnamed for security reasons was tipped into the bubbly red mixture. A large chemical reaction happened causing a massive explosion in the laboratory and spread across the world.

In an instant the formulae was in every corner of the world so everyone had contact with the new compound. This was what was happening to me at the time of this occurrence.

I was having a party with my friends in my house. My stepsister who's 1 year older than me (18) was also there. Usually stepsisters would be horrible cruel bitches who thought of no one but themselves but mine was really nice and gave me support. She knew that I wasn't coping very well when my mum died when I was ten and was always there for me.

She was sitting on the sofa next to my friend Aaron who tried to chat her up. What he didn't realise was that she was a lesbian and had no interest in him. But in self pity she gave him a kiss to make him feel better. Next to Aaron was his best friend Luke who was a bit glum looking to see his friend who he knew from nursery not "hanging out" with him for 1 time in 10 years.

I also had a fat friend called Jack and I guess you can imagine where he was. He was right over the snacks stuffing his big red cheeks with Doritos and salsa without even taking a breath. Outside where 2 of my cooler friends (or they thought they were cool and smooth) sunbathing in a game to see who could get the best tan in 2 hours.

Harrison and Finn (their names) were also doing the competition with my best friend Ciaran but he got a stomach ache and was on the toilet trying to empty his stomach from the pain. Waiting outside was Tom who was getting a bit impatient waiting all this time. He was standing right by the door for about 10 minutes and we had no other toilet.

Finally there was me. Hi I'm Joe and I'm 17 if you hadn't guessed already by me saying about my 18 year old stepsister being 1 year older than me. I had just got a text from my girlfriend saying she had dumped me and I was feeling depressed so I went to my room and lay down on my bed.

Then I looked across my room to see our spare mattress ready to be blown up. Later that day my cousin Hana would be coming to stay. My stepsister Nicole was sharing with my younger twin sisters so she had to stay in my room. I had a complete crush on her and best of all she was my age.

I wanted to make myself useful so I pumped up her air mattress and made her bed. Just as I was putting the bed sheet around the bed the explosion happened and a giant white light appeared for 2 seconds before vanishing revealing what the experiment had done.