- Text Size +

The giantess' presence was not immediately registered by the city. She was so out-of-place that most people felt it must be some sort of advertisement. A hologram, or maybe even just a giant banner hanging in the sky of a woman half a mile tall, wearing a white-and-blue striped baseball outfit, a backwards baseball cap covering a healthy head of blonde hair, and of course, a bat over her shoulder.

 

"'Sup?" she announced to the city before her. This was unusual, but again - perhaps the hologram could speak. More turned to face her, but given the situation they were in, they were alarmingly calm. "You guys wanna play some ball?"

 

Lifting the baseball bat over her shoulder, she gripped it in both hands and held the end above the ground, giving two playful taps. The shockwaves from the impacts shook the city, and it was then they realized this was no hologram. Before they could do more, the titanic blonde raised one massive cleat and stepped into the city.

 

Shoppers at Newbell Mall had little warning or idea of what was about to become of them. In one moment the light from the sun through the skylights was blotted out; in the next, the building was imploding upon itself. The giantess' spiked shoe leveled three floors like she was stepping on a wafer, dozens tumbling into the impromptu sinkhole only to be mashed and crushed underneath her foot.

 

"Now, I know that you guys don't really have a ball big enough to play with me. I get that." The blonde was staring down at the mall that surrounded her foot. Scores of people fled from every exit. Holding the bat in one hand and letting it dangle vertically towards the ground, she positioned it directly above one such mass of life. "So I'm gonna be making up some rules on the fly. This right here, what I'm about to do? That gets me one point."

 

The massive wooden force crushed hundreds in an instant. She drove the baseball bat into the ground, twisting it back and forth, creating a bloody crater in front of the store. The panicked cries excited her, and she repositioned the bat over another crowd. "Here's another point!" Another visceral mess. She lifted the bat and admired the end, drenched in a splattered red.

 

"This is way fun you guys! And I'm up two-oh, don't forget." She moved on from the shopping center, leaving plenty more alive. Her chaos was random, unfocused and incomplete; whether an individual in the city lived or died didn't matter to her as long as she got what she came for.

 

Entire suburban blocks disappeared underneath her as she casually sauntered around the city, looking for her next target. Streets were gridlocked even in the places where the people below her hadn't taken to driving up on the sidewalk, mowing down their fellow man for a slightly better chance at survival. She could see that, although not to the extent she had already done, the city was consuming itself in fear.

 

"Oooh." The utterance sent chills down the spines of many with how playful and full of interest it was. The blonde girl with the bat moved forward with purpose now, her eyes locked on a tower that came up to her waist. The building twisted vertically on itself, no doubt a great feat of architectural engineering. She placed her bat on its end beside it, comparing the two. "Just a little taller, huh?" she noticed with a smirk.

 

The people inside scrambled madly for cover, knowing there could be nothing to shield them from the giantess' malicious gaze. They watched, helpless, as she took a wide stance beside the tower, slowly lifting the impossibly-large baseball bat over her shoulder, sadistic determination in her eyes.

 

"Next up to the plate, we have the Destroyer of Worlds and Queen of Everything... Me!" the giantess announced. She turned her head to the side and spat, a casual gesture to which she gave no follow-up thought, yet to the people at the site of impact it was devastating. Half the people hit were killed instantly, crushed into the ground or various objects by the sheer force of the flying saliva. For those to whom the spittle was not immediately fatal, it became a wet, cloying grave as they struggled with broken limbs and crushed spirits in a puddle of spit no bigger than the giantess' toe.

 

"Dah, dah, dah, dah; dah, dah, dah, dah; dah, dah, dah, dah; dah, dah, dah, dah!" The blonde woman moved the bat in small circles while singing a simple tune, increasing in rhythm with every repetition. "Dah-dah-dah-dah; dah-dah-dah-dah! Dah-nah-nah-nah, nah-nah!" Holding the bat high overhead, she swung horizontally with all her might.

 

In under a second, the huge wooden beam tore through the building like wet tissue paper. A thousand people were crushed against the surface from the velocity of the impact alone. Shards of metal, glass and debris rained down on the city, followed by the viscera of those not completely smeared against the bat itself. The destruction flew for miles, damaging and even killing random people who happened to be beneath the deadly rain.

 

The top segment of the building, having been sheared off, collided with the base and brought the rest of the structure to the ground, one floor after the next collapsing and crushing the miniscule occupants inside. It was over in a matter of seconds, yet it felt like an eternity to the people trapped within, smashed against office furniture, girders, and each other.

 

Propping the bat over one shoulder again, the blonde woman looked down at the rubble with a cocky grin. "Not so big now, huh?" she taunted, sifting through the remains with her toe, smashing any itty-bitty survivors she noticed. "Oh, and let's call that... what do you guys think is fair? Ten points?" Her giggle was heard across the entire city. "You guys are way behind. Better start playing some catch-up."

 

She terrorized the city for the next several hours, crushing buildings and people alike beneath bat and sole, and arbitrarily assigning herself points. "To the victor go the spoils," she would mock before turning the helpless occupants on a stretch of road into a thin blood jelly underneath her. "Get it? 'Cause now you're all spoiled. It's funny, right?" And to the silence that met her joke, she just shrugged and said, "Eh, I guess you can't bat a thousand."

 

Chapter End Notes:

Yep, you just read a giantess shaggy dog story. What are you going to do about it?