- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Just a small story I felt like writing.

Author's Chapter Notes:

An introduction to the main story that is coming real soon.

It had been a normal day for Ryan, the 17 year old young self proclaimed genius.

Ryan wasn't your typical teenager, instead of playing video games or going out and playing sports, he preferred to spend his time chasing after his latent fantasies. Shrinking.

At some point in Ryans childhood, he had aquired the want, no, the NEED, to be the first human on earth to be shrunken down to a couple of inches, free to explore and get into some fun situations with a couple of the girls in his highschool, and maybe some other unimportant things.

But to Ryan, this was everything in his life. He lived and breathed with only one goal in mind for years and years. He would do what no scientist thought possible for at least decades.

Ryan wasn't the smartest person on the planet or anything, infact, he was mostly of average intelligence, he was only a genius when it came to his craft, the shrink ray.

He spent years and years thinking up ways for it to become a reality, and today would be the day that it finally came to fruition.

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

"RYAN! Lunch is on the table!" his mother Mary shouted up to him.
"I'll be down in a bit mom" he yells back to her.

 

Ryan was hungry, but right now he was more hungry for the completion of his latest test unit. 

The shrink-beam ver 46.01

Yeah... He failed alot.. But he never gave up!

After it was fully put together, ryan decided it was break time, he could use some of his moms homemade sandwiches.
He walks back to his room afterwards to finally test the machine.

"Okay, I made sure everything inside this model was fully adjustable to the ray firing through the barrel, it should work as long as I keep it stable while firing..." He says to himself.

"Alright Mr.Paws" he says as he puts his stuffed animal lion onto a stand infront of the ray. "Let today be the day" he goes to test the ray.

 

Ryan sets the options on the side of the raygun before he finally pulls the trigger.
He watched anxiously infront of him as his creation starts to light up and little lights from the back of the gun moving towards the front of the barrel all start to fill in.
It was finally the day.. He hoped.

 

Before the blast went off, Ryan heard the doorbell ring and people walking into the house.
"Oh jeez, better hurry this up." he thought. 

 

As the light from the barrel was about to shoot out of the end, the gun sparked at the tip and lost the whirring sound accompanying it.

"Awww.." he sighed "Well, another mistake, another lesson I suppose." he said cheering himself up.

"Well Mr.Paws, looks like today wasn't the day either" he put his stuffed animal back on his bed and sat down next to his workbench to find out what went wrong.
"Did I hit a wrong switch somewhere? I calculated this perfectly..." he thought aloud. "No, couldn't have.. Must be something to do with the barrel the ray comes out of" he says as he puts his face infront of the gun to inspect where the beam comes out of.

All of a sudden the gun starts to rattle slowly, and the lights also slowly start to fill in.

"Woah, what's going on in there?" ryan thinks as he monitors what's happening within the barrel. 

He sees the machinery from within trying to start back up, some quick sparks appear inside the gun but only for a moment.

"Looks like its working!" he gets excited as he gets back up and picks up Mr. Paws again. 

 

Suddenly, right as he is getting ready to get everything started again, his door opens, and he see's his cousin Shizuko's head pop in the door.

"Helloooo, Ryan?" she lightly calls out infront of her as she scopes out your room quickly. 

"Wait! Shizuko, you can't come in her right now!" Ryan panics and runs to close the door on her. "Just, uh, wait one sec!" he tells her as he shuts the door infront of her.

"Oh god, okay, hide the gun and--" before he can finish, he accidently trips over the cord he was using to power his small gun and it causes him and the gun to fall onto the floor.

The shrink ray rolls under his dresser and faces him while it still lights up.

"No,no,no,no,no!" Ryan panics, fearing he may have just broken the raygun.

He reaches out for it as fast as he can but suddenly a burning bright white flash shoots out of it and envelopes him before he can even shield his eyes.
"What's HAPPENING!!!!!!!!" he shouts

-----------------

Meanwhile on the other side of the door.
Shizuko only hears a muffled "What's!" from out in the hall.

"Uhm.. Ryan?" she knocks on the door "Is it okay for me to come in now?" she wonders.

Without any response she goes ahead and opens the door, only to see that ryan is suddenly missing, and that his small end table is fallen over in the middle of the room. 

"Ryan? Are you hiding?" she asks aloud while looking around the room for him.
She wondered how he could hide himself so fast. The windows were still closed so it's not like he jumped outside really fast and then shut them from the outside. His room didn't have any closed spaces either, so he could only have hid under the bed if he needed to.

Not leaving that last possibility out, she went ahead and looked under the bed..
Of course he wasn't there.

"Ryan??" she calls out loud for you.

-----------------------

On the ground, you find yourself standing up, still clothed, but at a measly 2.5 inches tall. 

"Woooah" are the only words Ryan can get out right now.
"I can't believe... It worked..." he said in awe as he stared out from under his dresser at the giant socked feet walking around his room.

He knew that he should have been scared of his giant unaware cousin looking around his room, but he was in complete aww of all that he had finally accomplished.

 

The worlds first shrink ray.

Chapter End Notes:

So that's how Ryan accidently sets himself up for a disaster.
More will come shortly, unlike my last story which i gave up on immediatly.